Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Soricidus posted:

palin 2.0, what could go wrong

gj your country is already a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
although so is every other country

death to all governments :anarchists:

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

qirex posted:

I was flipping around and caught part of this she was saying how her success at the upper levels of business had prepared her and she already knew everyone important and blah blah

I think she's gunning for VP spot to try to make republicans more palatable to ~*the ladies*~

didn't HP's stock price increase by a significant amount right after she resigned?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the only thing carly has in common with palin is her gender, it's a pretty lovely comparison

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Dubstep Jesus posted:

didn't HP's stock price increase by a significant amount right after she resigned?

$3 billion worth iirc

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

the only thing carly has in common with palin is her gender, it's a pretty lovely comparison

no, she has incompetence and hubris in common as well.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

fleshweasel posted:

no, she has incompetence and hubris in common as well.

thats common with all politicians sadly.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Pinterest Mom posted:

do you know the difference between a pit bull and a hockey mom?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shaggar posted:

yeah communism is like an imaginary creature

found in cultures around the world?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
bringing this over from the bitcoin thread i guess because california is ready for The Big One

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
caligriphr

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
holy poo poo carly fiorina.

wow.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Pinterest Mom posted:

yep. get used to it tho

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Munkeymon posted:

$3 billion worth iirc

actually, $10B

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

ruby idiot railed posted:

bringing this over from the bitcoin thread i guess because california is ready for The Big One

does april first come sooner on the west coast

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

Everyday is April fools on the west coast

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

for those of you that don't know, that guy got fire from reddit because all he did at work was try to make a version of the bitcoin protocol entirely in javascript

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Boxturret posted:

for those of you that don't know, that guy got fire from reddit because all he did at work was try to make a version of the bitcoin protocol entirely in javascript

additionally, no one realized for months

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

theflyingexecutive posted:

additionally, no one realized for months

To be fair they only realized he existed when he tweeted a mockup of the reddit user profile page (only change was the addition of a single field for a bitcoin address)

Had he kept his head down he probably could've pulled a department 0000 for years

E: thx ninja edit

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's going to be super keen to see how much sexism will be on display with multiple women candidates in the mix

my money is on the worst sexism being directed toward carly but the funniest being directed toward hilary

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

ruby idiot railed posted:

I think that's a typo and he meant to type "razed".

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Stymie posted:

it's going to be super keen to see how much sexism will be on display with multiple women candidates in the mix

my money is on the worst sexism being directed toward carly but the funniest being directed toward hilary

republicans hate the clintons; she'll get it the worst by far

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

prefect posted:

republicans hate the clintons; she'll get it the worst by far

nah, democrats will easily be the worst because they don't think they're sexist, so they can just let it fly without even a hint of self-awareness

look at what happened to sarah palin and then multiply it by ten since carly will be a presidential candidate

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

republicans are going to spout government-as-a-business nonsense while praising carly for her business acumen

e: after the primaries, of course. during the primaries they will destroy her then backpedal so hard we all somehow forget.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

democrats will hit palin hardest for the same reason Internet "leftists" hate Muslims and rap music

no see they're the wrong ones so we can say/do whatever we want and maintain the high ground

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Stymie posted:

nah, democrats will easily be the worst because they don't think they're sexist, so they can just let it fly without even a hint of self-awareness

look at what happened to sarah palin and then multiply it by ten since carly will be a presidential candidate

sarah palin was dumb and proud of it -- i'm sure that's why she got harsher criticism. fiorina is a terrible person, but she can probably name a few newspapers or magazines

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
no way fiorina will make it through the primaries. palin got it so bad because she somehow got herself on a presidential ticket that actually had a chance of winning, and mccain was old enough that there was a realistic chance of him kicking the bucket and giving us president palin

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its going to be jeb v hillary, probably.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

yeah

and jeb's going to win.

lol

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah

and jeb's going to win.

lol

i bet you $100 he ain't

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
why are you people talking like the presidential election isn't a giant act orchestrated by the artificial intelligence that secretly runs the world?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

prefect posted:

sarah palin was dumb and proud of it -- i'm sure that's why she got harsher criticism. fiorina is a terrible person, but she can probably name a few newspapers or magazines

i'm sure a large component of it was because she was a woman

remember how a whoooooole lot of democrats were fixated on her children and the persistent rumor that her kid with downs syndrome was secretly her daughter's that she adopted to avoid scandal? or how everyone laughed at her when she had the temerity to buy clothes with her family? or how every single gaffe she made was pounced upon and derided in the media, whereas everyone just chuckled at ol' diamond joe and cheered him on whenever he said something stupid or condescending? or how in the immediate aftermath of the announcement of being selected as mccain's running mate, there were discussions about how hot she was?

hatred toward hilary has long since moved beyond plain ol' sexism, but it is still there, however there are vast, untapped wells that the democrats are waiting to dip into when carly officially runs

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Stymie posted:

or how in the immediate aftermath of the announcement of being selected as mccain's running mate, there were discussions about how hot she was?

LF had a "the governor of alaska is kind of a milf" years before palin looked at veep, you dumb motherfucker

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah

and jeb's going to win.

lol

if hes smart at all he'll go after the Hispanic vote hardcore. there no way in hell the racist wing of the party votes for hilary so he can cram immigration reform down their throats

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah

and jeb's going to win.

lol

he's not, you're dumb

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Stymie posted:

i'm sure a large component of it was because she was a woman

remember how a whoooooole lot of democrats were fixated on her children and the persistent rumor that her kid with downs syndrome was secretly her daughter's that she adopted to avoid scandal? or how everyone laughed at her when she had the temerity to buy clothes with her family? or how every single gaffe she made was pounced upon and derided in the media, whereas everyone just chuckled at ol' diamond joe and cheered him on whenever he said something stupid or condescending? or how in the immediate aftermath of the announcement of being selected as mccain's running mate, there were discussions about how hot she was?

hatred toward hilary has long since moved beyond plain ol' sexism, but it is still there, however there are vast, untapped wells that the democrats are waiting to dip into when carly officially runs

most news i saw about biden would report everything he said as some kind of "gaffe", even when it made perfect sense

and jonny is right about palin's hotness -- that was a huge part of her appeal from the beginning, and something that i'd read about on wonkette back when she was still in alaska

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
i named my dog 'maverick' after her which turned out to be entirely appropriate as mav is a huge, stupid bitch to everyone.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Shaggar posted:

my favorite moment of the campaign season to date has been romney putting out feelers to run again, funny for the obvious reason but also because apparently motivated by big-money people unhappy with jeb as the presumptive nominee

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
mittens should run every election until he dies and make sure he has olympic involvement every time b/c i want more stories like the dancing horse that he didnt even care about, its some poo poo for his wife, that oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Jonny 290 posted:

mittens should run every election until he dies and make sure he has olympic involvement every time b/c i want more stories like the dancing horse that he didnt even care about, its some poo poo for his wife, that oval office

dressage is v complicated

• Locked thread