Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
1848, apparently my warding as ADC is real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Mundo may be getting buffed oh god

Sadism (R) cooldown reduced to 75/65/55 seconds from 75 seconds at all ranks.

And Nidalee nerf looking substantial

Nidalee
Base HP reduced to 511 from 541
HP Growth reduced to 75 from 90
Primal Surge (Human E) cooldown increased to 16 seconds from 12 seconds.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I apparantly am awful at warding, jesus. I need to buy more wards.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

AHH FUGH posted:

You're not doing anything wrong, it's the 2/11 Trist and 0/13 Thresh that are the reason you lost, most likely.

Yeah, but I don't want to be all "ELO hell" about it. They didn't help, but me ulting into 4 enemies in an attempt to stall a pretty much un-contestable baron didn't help

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

Drone_Fragger posted:

I apparantly am awful at warding, jesus. I need to buy more wards.

Hey me too. :saddowns: :respek: :saddowns:

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

I raise you one

http://wardscore.loltools.net/?name=turtle%20the%20cat&region=na

No. 1 challenger most of the season and last folks.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Disinterested posted:

I raise you one

I'm better than that.
Question. How do you win solo q?
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1777139041/201251181

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
that's not really that surprising

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
turns out warding doesnt mean dick and all that matters is cold hard mechanics

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

With the way turtle plays it's surprising 6% of people put down fewer.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

I like how you outfarmed both mids as jungle

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
So you know, things going pretty well, maybe I'll finally win a ranked game today, 5.5 minute BF sword on my lanemate, get back to lane, kill another couple dudes, take a bunch of free dragons since the bot side of the map is a death zone...

This wasn't my ADC

stump collector
May 28, 2007
You should've gone for the luden's echo, wits end and statik shiv fists of fury build and maybe you would kill something

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Libertine posted:

The second Zeal is a little... overzealous. That team had a ton of ways to lock you down why not build a QSS? It's only 150 more gold than a second Zeal, builds into a better offensive AD item than a second Zeal item, and would have saved you those last 2 or 3 deaths to Lux. Given their composition, I would have delayed the core 4-item offensive build to buy the Sash in mid-game because that's about as much targeted CC as you are ever going to be up against.

Also, the upgraded Blue Trinket is like cheating at this game. Try to get it in mid-game and you can literally shoot it from mid-lane to mid-jungle on the enemy team and scout for a push.

I'm a firm believer that everyone should drop the 250g on upgrading a trinket mid-game. It serves so many useful purposes and I can't think of many better things to spend the money on.

Also would've saved me from dying to Lux: Maybe not trying to sneak up on her and whiffing ultimate on three separate occasions when I'm off by myself.

I am a huge fan of a second PD if you're that far ahead. If I'm with my team then I'm going to trust them to help me out, and if I'm in that situation as Ashe then I'm the one starting fights, not the other team.

Yeah I shoulda upgraded trinket probably tho.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

blah_blah posted:

This feels like a huge buff to the highest winrate support in the game.

Oh cool it's 2010 again!!!

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery
http://wardscore.loltools.net/?name=Princek&region=na

:yayclod:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

I still laugh everytime I remember that they managed to gently caress up Chalice of Harmony being UNIQUE by not capitalizing it.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

quote:

As a Fighter you ward more than 45% of Fighters
:smith:

quote:

As a Marksman you ward more than 31% of Marksmen
:smithicide:

quote:

As a Support you ward more than 98% of Supports
:unsmith:

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
So how do I beat Caitlyn as.. pretty much any ADC in the game? With the exception of few ADCs when I can sometimes beat her (Tristana, Kalista), my mind just goes into a total nope-mode when fighting against a Caitlyn. She has superior range, superior poke and if she has good support, she'll be dominating the lane. What are some general tips against her?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Duo, friends? Solo queue is a cold and barren place.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Stalins Moustache posted:

So how do I beat Caitlyn as.. pretty much any ADC in the game? With the exception of few ADCs when I can sometimes beat her (Tristana, Kalista), my mind just goes into a total nope-mode when fighting against a Caitlyn. She has superior range, superior poke and if she has good support, she'll be dominating the lane. What are some general tips against her?

Pick Jinx, play safe and try not to fall too far behind in the early game, then bury her midgame.

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery

Caitlyn is a lane bully. She can poke you, yes, but if you can out-trade her if she wastes her q on something else or if you're in range to unload some of your damage, you often win trades with her. Generally if you stay even or get ahead, caitlyn is gonna have a hard time coming back. Try to push your lane, caitlyn is better when she's harassing you under tower. Other tips include all-ining her since she can't do much besides poke in lane while people like Lucian or Sivir have way more stuff to bring into a fight. Actually Sivir is pretty good against Cait since you can just user her traps as a way to restore your mana with your shield, not only that but you can also avoid getting killed or poked by either Q or her ultimate.

Your support is also a factor in this lane though, Nami/Janna+Cait Lane is one of the most annoying lanes and you're better off trying your best to take any CS that you can get and see if you get even after laning phase is over or if your jungler is nice enough to pull off a gank.

Peakay fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 30, 2015

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Pick someone who has better utility and who can still contribute if you get bullied out of lane early. Any of the utility Marksmen are good choices. You shouldn't win lane against Caitlyn as anyone unless she plays it horribly, but it helps if you have long-range spells that can keep her honest in trades.

Marceline Abadeer
Oct 14, 2012

Disinterested posted:

Duo, friends? Solo queue is a cold and barren place.

You should include your summoner name and rank in posts like this.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

curiousCat posted:

I am a huge fan of a second PD if you're that far ahead. If I'm with my team then I'm going to trust them to help me out, and if I'm in that situation as Ashe then I'm the one starting fights, not the other team.

If you're dying 7 times per game on ADCs you'll get more value out of QSS than you think. Also you can still replace your boots with PD.

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Pick Jinx, play safe and try not to fall too far behind in the early game, then bury her midgame.

Jinx has a pretty decent matchup. So do Graves and Draven with a kill support, Ashe is fine, and Sivir can mindlessly waveclear against her and get into the midgame in fine shape (I used to think that Caitlyn actually had a really good laning phase against Sivir but I've changed my mind on that from some recent games). Also Varus, but don't play Varus.

The only ADCs that Caitlyn really dominates are ADCs without long-range poke or waveclear, like Tristana, Twitch, and Vayne.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Ezreal is a pretty good pick into caitlyn since you can break even or come out ahead early and you can easily solo her as soon as you finish a tri force

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

blah_blah posted:

This feels like a huge buff to the highest winrate support in the game.

This is how blitz was originally. It had a speed penalty after the effect ends.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

I like how you outfarmed both mids as jungle

Its not hard when every lane was dead all game.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Methanar posted:

This is how blitz was originally. It had a speed penalty after the effect ends.

I also didn't realize that the existing speed buff is 8s whereas the proposed one is 5s, so it's probably a nerf overall.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Disinterested posted:

I raise you one

say it with me: wards win games

in other news, ranked team IS THAT THE ANIVIA GOD is recruiting let's get bronze 5

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Tonetta posted:

in other news, ranked team IS THAT THE ANIVIA GOD is recruiting let's get bronze 5

I'm down.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I'm in. RC Cola in game

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Tonetta posted:

I just moved up to plat 4, support/jungle and I ward at near-Telly levels and I won't flip out at teammates. Invite me: KillGoldfish

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Tonetta posted:

put me in coach

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Better question is will blitzcranks self slow put his mobility boot speed on cooldown?

Because that alone would get him killed so, so much more.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
is there anything in this game as free as someone last picking trynd into your quinn, lol

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

blah_blah posted:

Crit chance is a flat multiplicative increase to expected autoattack DPS and I'd love for you to show me otherwise.

Base damage multiplier with IE + PD = 1 + (1.5 * (0.2 + 0.35)) = 1.825
Base damage multiplier with IE + PD + PD = 1 + (1.5 * (0.2 + 0.35 + 0.35) = 2.35

2.35 / 1.825 = ~29% damage increase from the 35% crit on the second PD, not 52.5%.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
IS IT THE ANIVIA GOD is doin' it live twitch.tv/tonetta42

e nevermind twitch died

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

K8.0 posted:

Base damage multiplier with IE + PD = 1 + (1.5 * (0.2 + 0.35)) = 1.825
Base damage multiplier with IE + PD + PD = 1 + (1.5 * (0.2 + 0.35 + 0.35) = 2.35

2.35 / 1.825 = ~29% damage increase from the 35% crit on the second PD, not 52.5%.

You misunderstood what he said. PD's crit is a 35% flat multiplier on your damage. IE's crit damage boosting multiplies that by 1.5 to 52.5%. He's not speaking about marginal returns here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Is it as quints or reds that you run.

• Locked thread