Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just want to have space sex and hang out with my space bros. If they really want to up the ante, I want to have space sex with my space bros. Space orgies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

psyman posted:

Hey that could just as well take place on the rebuilt Citadel after the events of ME3, in the power vacuum that would have followed the war. Even without the Reaper threat, there would still be lots of disputes and crime to deal with in the new era I'm sure. I think this concept art shows what is probably the new Citadel, or an extension
I figured it's a different space station altogether, but I'm not expecting it to be much different as a light hub than the Citadel was in the original trilogy. We know that we're exploring planets in a Mako again.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 29, 2015

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Mass Effect 4 would be a lot better if they don't design it to be part of a trilogy. That way they could have wildly different paths for the story and not have to worry about making all the saves work for the next game.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Mar 29, 2015

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I'm also tired of "save the world" stories and annoyed they went back to them with DA:I :mad:

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

It would be kind of cool if you didn't play as Shepard. Keep the saves for the lasting effects of the galaxy.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mr Tastee posted:

It would be kind of cool if you didn't play as Shepard. Keep the saves for the lasting effects of the galaxy.

You're definitely not playing as Shepard.

psyman posted:

Hey that could just as well take place on the rebuilt Citadel after the events of ME3, in the power vacuum that would have followed the war. Even without the Reaper threat, there would still be lots of disputes and crime to deal with in the new era I'm sure. I think this concept art shows what is probably the new Citadel, or an extension?:

I'm not much looking forward to another "save the galaxy" type story in ME4 really. My favourite sci-fi games tend to be "day in the life" style like Republic Commando and Halo: ODST.

That just looks like the Presidium to me.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

My personal dream ME4 is an interquel where you play a C-Sec officer on a fully fleshed out Citadel, foil a bunch of different plots in Wards all over, nearly get your poo poo blown up at the end of ME3, and complete some kind of hopeful epilogue. Also there's coop and you can play as a highly customizable alien :colbert:
This sounds a lot like Dragon Age II in space.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Sombrerotron posted:

The concept of DA2 was good, but they needed much more time to make the game work. It's biggest flaws were reused dungeons, lovely encounter design, a shortened act 3 and not enough changes in the city between acts. But the game had potential, and if they try a similar smaller scale game for ME4 while devoting enough resources to it, it could be a great part of the series.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Be a merc on Omega and claw your way into power as either a cruel master or a crusading force for ruthless justice.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Mass Effect: Pilgrimage. Play as a young Quarian leaving the Migrant Fleet for the first time.

That gives you everything you need. Explains why the game keeps explaining things to you. Why you're out and about, and why you find yourself in situations. Lots of room for choices and decisions.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

While we're wishlisting here, I always wanted a Hitman/Thief-esque Kasumi spinoff where you go around stealing poo poo from various high-profile members of the galactic community.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Hotline Illium

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Rainbow Six: Spectre Squadron

Mission Success!
Hostages Rescued: 0/5
Enemies Killed: 34/34
Enemies Incapacitated: 0/34
Property Damage Penalty: 100%

Excellent work Commander Urdnot, you and your all Krogan Tactical team have done the Council proud once again.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

I would play a Deus Ex game in the Mass Effect setting.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
One of my dream games would be an XCOM Enemy Unknown style game in the Mass Effect universe.

The galaxy's gone to poo poo in the aftermath of the Reaper War and the Council forms a unit that has to balance politics with results and deaths.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
More platforming!

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

BioWare just stop all the pretense and make that FMV Mass Effect game you know you've always wanted to!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Mass Effect: The Visual Novel.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Torrannor posted:

Mass Effect: The Visual Novel.

I better be able to finally romance Wrex.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Sombrerotron posted:

Bring back the possibility of hatefucking. :getin:

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Sombrerotron posted:

BioWare just stop all the pretense and make that FMV Mass Effect game you know you've always wanted to!

Mass Effect IV: The Price of Freedom. Available on six CDs or one DVD.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

TheCenturion posted:

Mass Effect IV: The Price of Freedom. Available on six CDs or one DVD.

Two DVDs :corsair:

Really though, people have been wanting a lower-stakes ME title since forever. C'mon Bioware. People were pitching Archangel on Omega since ... I dunno, three minutes after ME2 came out?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Charlie Mopps posted:

Bring back the possibility of hatefucking. :getin:
Well it was already possible to have sex with Miranda. :drum:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I want to gently caress a Krogan. As a Volus.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Are any of the not-game Mass Effect things worth my time?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mr Tastee posted:

1st book is, imo. 2nd and 3rd are interesting. 4th is trash.
The comic series about aria is worth a read.
The movie has good bits.

A couple comics here and there are ok, but the rest are useless.

The three things I recommended I did so because they fill in ancillary plots to the games. Like, why is Aria off the station? The books and then the comic go into detail on this and flesh her out as a character.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Waltzing Along posted:

The three things I recommended I did so because they fill in ancillary plots to the games. Like, why is Aria off the station? The books and then the comic go into detail on this and flesh her out as a character.

You know in retrospect the weirdest thing about the third game is how after you finishing Taking Back Omega, Aria is still lounging on the couch she hates on the Citadel, because it's "easier to run things" from there.

I mean I get that a new hub would be a lot of work, but c'mon

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mr Tastee posted:

They aren't.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Mr Tastee posted:

Only if you enjoy reading truly atrocious tie-in novels. They're all bad. Some of them are really bad.

On the other hand you'll finally understand where Kai Leng cereal jokes come from. I don't think the knowledge is worth it, personally.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Ascension was okay. Just okay.
Though in hindsight, that may just be because it fed my ME2 hype.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Mr Tastee posted:

They run the gamut from "acceptable" (Books 2 and, to a lesser extent, 3), to "bad" (comics), to "why did a tree have to give its life for this garbage" (Book 4). Given that any event of relevance from those stories is easily covered by short conversations in-game, there's really no reason to bother with them at all like most Expanded Universe stuff.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Mr Tastee posted:

*opens up 'fanfiction.com', types in 'Aliens Versus Predator Versus Mass Effect'*.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How's the anime.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Geostomp posted:

They run the gamut from "acceptable" (Books 2 and, to a lesser extent, 3), to "bad" (comics), to "why did a tree have to give its life for this garbage" (Book 4). Given that any event of relevance from those stories is easily covered by short conversations in-game, there's really no reason to bother with them at all like most Expanded Universe stuff.

the funniest thing about book four is that is was so bad (autistic kid gets "cured", quarians walking around without suits) that they basically said "we promise to fix and reissue this"

that was like three years ago tho

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Kurtofan posted:

How's the anime.

It was good, not fantastic but worth watching if you can pick it up for a decent price, it does go into what vega's issue is during that fist fight in the shuttle bay.

Pattonesque posted:

the funniest thing about book four is that is was so bad (autistic kid gets "cured", quarians walking around without suits) that they basically said "we promise to fix and reissue this"

that was like three years ago tho

This is basically :spergin: incarnate, but the entire list of terrible terrible things is here

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Vega goes into what Vega's issues are during that fistfight in the shuttle bay during that fistfight in the shuttle bay, though.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The prequel comic to Citizen Kane finally explains the importance of the phrase 'rosebud'.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kurieg posted:

This is basically :spergin: incarnate, but the entire list of terrible terrible things is here

I agree, the idea that an EU novel needs to be "fixed" otherwise it's like, part of the universe forever is :spergin: incarnate.

(not attacking you, sorry)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Alain Post posted:

I agree, the idea that an EU novel needs to be "fixed" otherwise it's like, part of the universe forever is :spergin: incarnate.

(not attacking you, sorry)

It doesn't need to be fixed, but I don't think the argument that it shouldn't have made it to the printers in the state that it is in is without merit.

It's really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I've been playing through Mass Effect 3 for the first time, and I have to say Kai Leng looks so out of place. He looks like he was pulled from Metal Gear Rising.

• Locked thread