Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Mr. Apollo posted:

I think it looks nice v:shobon:v.

They said it's supposed to compete with the S-Class and 7 Series.

I think it looks alright, at least relative to what they've got now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Although it's just a concept, I wish Ford would've use brushed or blasted metal accents instead. Those go way better with the idea of "quiet luxury" than eyeball melting chrome.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I would've gone with a matte version of the primary colour for the rocker panels.

Whispers opulence, engenders a special maintenance routine for your special car, has a dash of Rolls Royce gently caress-you-poors so you can tell who is barely scraping by and can't maintain theirs at the country club.

All of that interior chrome would be gone, though, along with those atrocious Acuraesque spider headlights.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
Companies outside the big 3 German luxury brands can't seem to be able handle alphanumeric model names. Aren't Lincolns supposed to be MK_?

Also, alphanumeric names are the worst.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

angryhampster posted:

Maybe China is the primary market.

I heard it actually is heavily targeted at the Chinese. Seeing it in the metal, the story checks out. Lots of chrome, a giant really nice backseat you could basically live in and no regard for driving (because thats what you pay a peasant boy 3$ a day to do). Really lame theres no suicide doors though why even call it a continental?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Powershift posted:

It just seems so agressively boring. The grille is basically what all lincolns are going to have now, it seems like they are simultaneously trying to rip off bentley and BMW at the same time.

Hm yes i see the resemplance

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
i know its a concept but those headlights and wheels sure are something

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Propaganda Bob posted:

I'm having a vision of the future where I'm stuck behind one of these things, doing 55 on I-35 on a Sunday morning, its turn signal on to make an exit for I-HOP that's still two miles away.

I'm sure that will be a rarity. Your worse, actual future will be being stuck behind the new Chrysler 300. Holy cow I think I vomited gray when I saw one in a parking lot yesterday. That trunk...

Longpig Bard fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 30, 2015

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

HEY VAPER posted:

i know its a concept but those headlights and wheels sure are something awful

Are the projectors supposed to be tiny Lincoln logos?

Also that loving axle to dash holy crap those proportions look horrible on a big car

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

It's an okay looking Volvo S80 concept.

Which is kind of funny since I'm taking Lincolns lack of any RWD hyping to mean it's still built on the Taurus/MKS platform (itself a derivative of the old 90's Volvo P2 platform :haw: ). It has the same problems as those current cars too, massive slab-sided doors, a window beltline that starts at your chin, and a huge interior space hogging IP and center console.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

SouthLAnd posted:

It's an okay looking Volvo S80 concept.

Which is kind of funny since I'm taking Lincolns lack of any RWD hyping to mean it's still built on the Taurus/MKS platform (itself a derivative of the old 90's Volvo P2 platform :haw: ). It has the same problems as those current cars too, massive slab-sided doors, a window beltline that starts at your chin, and a huge interior space hogging IP and center console.

It will be based on the Fusion.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

SouthLAnd posted:

I actually didn't know this at all. I learned something interesting today!

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Neptr posted:

Companies outside the big 3 German luxury brands can't seem to be able handle alphanumeric model names.

Right, because BMW's naming scheme is super consistent.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What's hard to understand about even numbers having 2 doors and odd numbers have 4 doors unless the 4 door has a slightly sloping roof-line in which case it has and even number. And because all of the SUVs have 4 doors they are all odd numbers except for the one that has 4 doors but is an even number.

Also, bigger cars have higher numbers unless they are an I8 which is small or an i3 which is nothing like the 3 series but oh no I've gone cross-eyed.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

eyebeem posted:

What's hard to understand about even numbers having 2 doors and odd numbers have 4 doors unless the 4 door has a slightly sloping roof-line in which case it has and even number. And because all of the SUVs have 4 doors they are all odd numbers except for the one that has 4 doors but is an even number.

Also, bigger cars have higher numbers unless they are an I8 which is small or an i3 which is nothing like the 3 series but oh no I've gone cross-eyed.

Also the GT cars. Also the series-displacement nomenclature, except when it's not. Also, what does C mean? I thought it meant convertible, but it's obviously not (330Ci, 850CSi)

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Raluek posted:

Also, what does C mean? I thought it meant convertible, but it's obviously not (330Ci, 850CSi)

For the brief period of time that they used it, it meant 'Coupe/2-door'. All 8-series were a "Ci" or "CSi", and the E46 coupe/convertible were both "Ci".

That one they were actually consistent on when it was in use, but it doesn't excuse the complete breakdown of their previously mostly-sensical nomenclature.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Guinness posted:

For the brief period of time that they used it, it meant 'Coupe/2-door'. All 8-series were a "Ci" or "CSi", and the E46 coupe/convertible were both "Ci".

That one they were actually consistent on when it was in use, but it doesn't excuse the complete breakdown of their previously mostly-sensical nomenclature.

Did they never use C to mean convertible then? For some reason I thought I had seen "iC" to mean convertible, and there are tons of posts on the internet with people calling their e30s "325iC" and e36s "328iC" but I can't find a badge to confirm that. Maybe it's just a dumb internet thing that somehow leaked into real life.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
This is why I like cars named "Corvette" or "Mustang"

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Raluek posted:

Did they never use C to mean convertible then? For some reason I thought I had seen "iC" to mean convertible, and there are tons of posts on the internet with people calling their e30s "325iC" and e36s "328iC" but I can't find a badge to confirm that. Maybe it's just a dumb internet thing that somehow leaked into real life.

That's just a colloquial thing, the same way some people with tourings call their e.g., 540i a "540iT".

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

davebo posted:

This is why I like cars named "Corvette" or "Mustang"

Well, what about the '67 Mustang, where you could get a GT, or you could get not-a-GT with the GT package? The hell does that mean?

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Raluek posted:

Convertibles were always 2 door coupe based so they just put a "ci" on the back but referred to it as a "cic".

.......and that Lincoln looks like a Chrysler 300 got humped by a chromed out Audi A8 or something, not a BMW.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Raluek posted:

Well, what about the '67 Mustang, where you could get a GT, or you could get not-a-GT with the GT package? The hell does that mean?
Doesn't matter. It's a Mustang. The assumption is supposed to be "oooh that's a Ford Mustang, that's like a really fast V8 sports car, right? I bet it's faster than my V4 Toyota Camry! Hah!"

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm looking at the '15 Mustang right now, and having a really, really difficult time deciding between the EB and the GT. The biggest issue with the EB seems to be the Intercooler not being up to snuff and needing a tune to bring up the bottom end. Otherwise, for $6,000 less than the GT, it looks like a really fun package to throw around.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

eyebeem posted:

I'm looking at the '15 Mustang right now, and having a really, really difficult time deciding between the EB and the GT. The biggest issue with the EB seems to be the Intercooler not being up to snuff and needing a tune to bring up the bottom end. Otherwise, for $6,000 less than the GT, it looks like a really fun package to throw around.

It also weighs 200 lbs less. Get it in Guard.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

KillHour posted:

Guard is the only right choice for a new Mustang, this post is correct.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

KillHour posted:

I'm nowhere near committed to the Mustang at this point. My Slingshot deposit is still on the books, but I'm getting tired of being dicked around by the Polaris dealers, and I can't find a Scat Pack Challenger optioned how I want.

The local Ford dealer has both an EB and GT Mustang on the lot with ZERO options, both white, which is fine by me (I'd prefer Orange if I had a choice). The purchasing manager of that dealership deserves a medal.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

eyebeem posted:

I'm nowhere near committed to the Mustang at this point. My Slingshot deposit is still on the books, but I'm getting tired of being dicked around by the Polaris dealers, and I can't find a Scat Pack Challenger optioned how I want.

The local Ford dealer has both an EB and GT Mustang on the lot with ZERO options, both white, which is fine by me (I'd prefer Orange if I had a choice). The purchasing manager of that dealership deserves a medal.

No he doesn't. Don't you loving listen? GUARD.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

SouthLAnd posted:

Which is kind of funny since I'm taking Lincolns lack of any RWD hyping to mean it's still built on the Taurus/MKS platform

That's definitely not the case, as Ford is (finally) retiring that platform. The new Edge/MKX and Taurus/MKS are Fusion based. Then it's the Explorers turn at some point, I imagine, which just leaves the Flex. Which won't be getting a replacement at all.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

KillHour posted:

No he doesn't. Don't you loving listen? GUARD.

Yeah, that's probably 3rd or 4th down on the list of colors I'd choose, to be honest.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Why did they go and mess up a good gray with some green?

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I'd get the mustang in Blue, Red, or that dark gray. Not sure what you guys see in Guard Green. Looks like a poor attempt at British Racing Green which I also don't like.

\/\/\/\/\/\/: So is blue.

Kraftwerk fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 30, 2015

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
it looks loving phenomenal in person. absolutely staggering how good it is

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
None of these colors are Grabber Blue so I don't get what all the commotion is about.

Elem7
Apr 12, 2003
der
Dinosaur Gum

Q_res posted:

That's definitely not the case, as Ford is (finally) retiring that platform. The new Edge/MKX and Taurus/MKS are Fusion based. Then it's the Explorers turn at some point, I imagine, which just leaves the Flex. Which won't be getting a replacement at all.

You know I keep hearing this everywhere, I may have even repeated the rumour here myself, but all the rumours from shortly after the Fusion came out said it was MY2016 they'd show up but 2 years later Ford still hasn't shown or officially announced anything in regards to the MKS or Taurus as far as I know. I leased my '13 SHO 2 years ago thinking that by the time it was up in 3 years the 2016 would've already been out for 6 months but here we are now only 5 months from when I'd typically expect to start seeing the MY2016 at dealers and nothing, was really hoping they'd be announced in Detroit.

If they are on the way I'm really starting to think it'll be in 2017 the same as the new Raptor with the second generation Ecoboost 2.0s and 3.5s.

Also I really like Ford's blue color options but a dark green just looks fantastic on a meaty car, I'd of gotten green over blue if it was an option. White = bleh

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Well, they say geniuses pick green.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

eyebeem posted:

It still makes somewhat sense, I cant for the life of me remember what the last letter of the Lincoln lineup means, and my mom had one for an unfortunate 2 years.

1series, 3series, 5series, 7series with the coupes now stuck in between, larger number after means more power.

A 335 has more power then a 320, and a 535 is bigger then a 335.

An MKZ is, uhhh different then a MKS, Infiniti can gently caress right off too.

Mercedes is confusing if you dont know, but its still easier because the model designation is completely different then the other models. C class, E class, M class ect and bigger numbers means more power.

Audi is different but again simpler because numbers differentiate the size of the car, the letters ahead show either normal, sport, or SUV. A6 is bigger then an A4 is bigger then an A3, Q5 is a smaller SUV then the Q7.

D C fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 30, 2015

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

Raluek posted:

Right, because BMW's naming scheme is super consistent.

It's not consistent but at least it works. Cadillac is going to be changing their number scheme with the coming of the CT6, except the Escalade is exempt because that has name recognition. Except wait, wouldn't that mean the rest of the line has no name recognition? Going with a nonsense name isn't going to help. The 3-series has name recognition and so does the S-class.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Bullitt was dark green.

Have you guys seen the new 80's Hessian Primer Gray?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Cage posted:

Why did they go and mess up a good gray with some green?
They have a good grey (magnetic), and very pretty blue (DIB), and that awesome green (Guard).
So really they don't need any other loving colors.

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Bullitt was dark green.

Have you guys seen the new 80's Hessian Primer Gray?

Yeah no idea what they are thinking with primer battleship.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
That primer grey color owns. I think Scion has one as well.