Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Max posted:

As much as I hate wild, speculative guessing in mysteries like this,

Evan does fit the bill as a creepy dude with red binders

Man gently caress that guy

Just

gently caress that guy

Never before has just looking at a fictional character made me so physically repulsed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

quadrophrenic posted:

Man gently caress that guy

Just

gently caress that guy

Never before has just looking at a fictional character made me so physically repulsed

I don't even remember who Evan is. Someone refresh my memory.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

Nckdictator posted:

I don't even remember who Evan is. Someone refresh my memory.

Asian, hipster dude. Has a stupid high-cut to go along with his stupid scarf. Wouldn't let you look at his portfolio unless you answer his question about photographers.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Kieyen posted:

Asian, hipster dude. Has a stupid high-cut to go along with his stupid scarf. Wouldn't let you look at his portfolio unless you answer his question about photographers.

Oh that guy

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Interestingly enough, I noticed him on the bus when Max went to the diner. Wonder where he was going?

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Sakurazuka posted:

Max suddenly needs something printing and doesn't know who else to ask.....

Rincewind posted:

Next episode he'll appear outside your dorm carrying a printer.
Thanks for this, of the many legends in goon lore, that one is probably my favorite. :allears:

E: In the next episode, Warren will offer to share a computer with Max, sniff Max's hair on a bus, and panic and throw pizza at a minority.

Sardonik fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 28, 2015

Max
Nov 30, 2002

PunkBoy posted:

Interestingly enough, I noticed him on the bus when Max went to the diner. Wonder where he was going?

Trading the bracelet?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

Oh come On guys, he's clearly just a hipster turbonerd, I doubt he's secretly evil.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

This game is cool and good although yeah bottle collecting was a stupid puzzle for WORLD-ALTERING TIME POWERS. I pop big for stags. They could tone down the FIRE WALK WITH ME stuff though, we get it. The influences are already super apparent.

Kate died because of the dumb viral video even though I've been answering her phone calls and poo poo and collecting proof to bust David and Nathan... I had her talked down until she twisted my words when I called the video a blip amongst the billions of bytes on the internet. Bummer. But I'm gonna soldier on.

I blamed David even though clearly Nathan is the real evil rear end in a top hat. Beginning to suspect that David is actually trying to solve whatever the hell is going on, though. Maybe not the best choice for Chloe's family... but yeah by that scene I was more pissed off at skeevy Mr. Jefferson than anyone. How the gently caress is he gonna ask if Kate brought some negative attention on herself and then have the temerity to think I'm lying? Since when I am not his star pupil? What a cock. Adults and authority figures suck man.

Clearly the ultimate outcome of this story is gonna depend on whether you watered your plant in every episode.

Also I remain pretty impressed by like some French/French-Canadian devs and Japanese publishers approximating American teen talk and relevant references. It's not perfect but a lot of American media about the same demographic does a much worse job. This game would be good instructive materials for all burgeoning male Gamer types when you consider all the comments about Warren and stuff in this thread haha. He did take that beating, though, I can't totally blow him off. But a Planet of the Apes marathon sounds awful dude, get real.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Oh hey, something I think most of us missed.

loving Warren!

I think we found our abductor of women.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

epitasis posted:

But a Planet of the Apes marathon sounds awful dude, get real.

Speak for yourself :colbert:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
trash

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
max slash chloe otp

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

quadrophrenic posted:

max slash chloe otp

Don't let my constant giving Warren the cold shoulder go to waste.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The janitor is the most sane person in the game.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The janitor is the time-warped future projection of Warren.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
I get the feeling that if you saved Kate, she'll end up dead in the next episode. We'll also encounter another near death experience for Chloe. I'd be surprised if it doesn't go down the whole you can't escape death route.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The whole train scene feels less like fate going out of its way to kill Chloe and more like it was borne out of Chloe's own stupidity.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Machinegunboyo posted:

I get the feeling that if you saved Kate, she'll end up dead in the next episode. We'll also encounter another near death experience for Chloe. I'd be surprised if it doesn't go down the whole you can't escape death route.

While I'd be mildly bummed if Kate gets relegated to a off-screen role in future episodes, I would understand it as a design budget demand. If they just off her anyway, I think they'll really be undermining tension in future games. The whole, holy poo poo you lost your powers and you need to get this right NOW thing, was a powerful end to episode 2. If they send the message that what you did didn't really matter, then I think it'll be harder to take future tense situations seriously.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

epitasis posted:

I think we found our abductor of women.

I wouldn't go that far, but Warren actually being a spy for the grand conspiracy instead of just a niceguy betamale would be a pretty sick twist.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

"NO EMOJI"

:(

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Machinegunboyo posted:

Honestly naw I think she's just going to be off screen. Depending on how long the game goes in-universe it's perfectly viable to assume they're in the hospital the whole time.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Anyone else notice (Nathan stuff) that he has some either really fresh or really nasty scratches on his face?

That boy ain't right. I tell ya what.

I'm starting to wonder how much of this is misdirection, because there is so much stacking up against him now it would be too obvious. Obviously he's a total poo poo, but how far does his part actually go?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

epitasis posted:

The janitor is the time-warped future projection of Warren.

If you look in his utility room and find the pictures of Rachel, you can confront him about it and he'll muse that Max "has a lot of time" on her hands. :tinfoil:

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Anyone else notice (Nathan stuff) that he has some either really fresh or really nasty scratches on his face?

That boy ain't right. I tell ya what.

I'm starting to wonder how much of this is misdirection, because there is so much stacking up against him now it would be too obvious. Obviously he's a total poo poo, but how far does his part actually go?

He got those in episode one, Max scratched his face in the parking lot scuffle they had.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

PunkBoy posted:

If you look in his utility room and find the pictures of Rachel, you can confront him about it and he'll muse that Max "has a lot of time" on her hands. :tinfoil:

He's totally the Morgan Freeman of this story.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
this game is really gay

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If we're lucky.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Wootman posted:

this game is really gay

I ship MaxXChloe

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

Wootman posted:

this game is really gay

Mother loving god drat trolled...

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Sakurazuka posted:

If we're lucky.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is there any Max x Dana fanart? halloween or pregnancy content optional. thanx

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wootman posted:

this game is really gay

It's good. gently caress off noob.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

epitasis posted:

is there any Max x Dana fanart? halloween or pregnancy content optional. thanx

None that I can find on Deviantart. Also can't find any Max x Warren either. There's hardly any Warren art at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rosalind posted:

There's hardly any Warren art at all.

I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Changed my mind, game sucks

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

firestruck posted:

He got those in episode one, Max scratched his face in the parking lot scuffle they had.
Oh poo poo I totes missed that for cereal. Hella? Am I doing this right :corsair:

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Rosalind posted:

Also can't find any Max x Warren either. There's hardly any Warren art at all.

As it should be.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I am now very aware of the times that I say 'hella'.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Since it's slowed down a little again, time for some more hot license plate action. Looks like they've branched out from TV shows to movies though, which is totes cheating, and there aren't as many in this episode. Game is bullshit, zero stars.

Donnie Darko Groundhog Day The Faculty

The Killing North By Northwest? That's really stretching it if so :mad:
No clue, this is on cool dude art teacher photography man's slick ride.
Elephant Man? idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Elephant Man? idk

Probably just Elephant. It's from the same era as some of those other films.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htlsOf3PnGY

RightClickSaveAs posted:

No clue, this is on cool dude art teacher photography man's

This is Top of the Lake, which owed a lot to Twin Peaks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkSfUYoiRM0

Max fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 31, 2015

• Locked thread