Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net

Bwee posted:

hello! i haven't played video games in forever and now i'm playing pillars of eternity. can anyone recommend a good main character build? Thank you,.

im a cipher and its really fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pro Target

http://www.twitch.tv/professionaltarget

bog pixie

that was the scariest old woman ive ever seen

mycophobia
metal gear rising is still really really good

combat is juts so satifsuying

ulvir

Awesome! posted:

last night i rang the 2nd bell of awakening in dark souls

[smacks lips serpently]

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

mycophobia posted:

metal gear rising is still really really good

combat is juts so satifsuying

there are people out there who don't like revengenace

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

3D Megadoodoo

Pomp posted:

there are people out there who don't like revengenace

i don't much care for it

Pro Target

Jerry Cotton posted:

i don't much care for it

youre an idiot then

3D Megadoodoo

just to get it out of the way: i don't much care for bayonetta either

Chef Shimi

Jerry Cotton posted:

just to get it out of the way: i don't much care for bayonetta either

deep dish peat moss

Bayonetta made me realize I'm not much of a fan of the genre. Same with Revengeance.

deep dish peat moss

I miss 2d sidescroller beat 'em ups.

mycophobia

Hick Magnet posted:

well go play some, there's like a billion of em. the genre has evolved

3D Megadoodoo

Hick Magnet posted:

at the time when those were a thing i had a 64 and then a PC so the only one i played back in the day was double dragon on a classmate's ST and it was OK I guess with co-op :shrug: (i did beat bruce lee on the 64 but i guess that doesn't count)

:yosbutt::corsair:

deep dish peat moss

Yeah I still have a MAME emulator with all the good ones. I just wish they made new ones. A 2.5d River City Ransom remake would be cool as hell

3D Megadoodoo

I have a Sega Mega Drive collection for the 360 and it has hell of (well, at least more than three) side-scrolling beat-em-ups but they all feel like they need to be played with a partner to be any fun.

e: Comix Zone is pretty rad tho if that counts.

cuntman.net

Hick Magnet posted:

Yeah I still have a MAME emulator with all the good ones. I just wish they made new ones. A 2.5d River City Ransom remake would be cool as hell

have you played streets of rage remake?

deep dish peat moss

Double Dragon is the mainstream Beat 'Em Up but not the best. Try the Dungeons & Dragons arcade games (there are PC remakes on Steam), River City Ransom (every Kunio game is extremely good), or Streets of Rage fangame (free on PC)

deep dish peat moss

TWIST FIST posted:

have you played streets of rage remake?

Hell Yeah I Have.

3D Megadoodoo

beat mans games require expert timing and i don't have that

cuntman.net

Hick Magnet posted:

Double Dragon is the mainstream Beat 'Em Up but not the best. Try the Dungeons & Dragons arcade games (there are PC remakes on Steam), River City Ransom (every Kunio game is extremely good), or Streets of Rage fangame (free on PC)

Hick Magnet posted:

Hell Yeah I Have.

lol

Pro Target

Hick Magnet posted:

Bayonetta made me realize I'm not much of a fan of the genre. Same with Revengeance.

wtf

deep dish peat moss

It's because they're good games but I didn't have fun with them.

Pro Target

bayonetta is like 5x better than any 2d beatemup ever made including the D&D games which are indeed excellent and that other 2d one everyone likes

GEExCEE

we should all play mysteria on steam!!

bwatts

everyone tell me what its like to beat things up wtih their fav weapon in bloodborne. i have to live vicariously

Pro Target

problematic hug

http://www.twitch.tv/finn_pennywhistle

nvm no cake

vice.com op-ed posted:

everyone tell me what its like to beat things up wtih their fav weapon in bloodborne. i have to live vicariously

it's extremely satisfying to kill things with a cane that turns into a razor whip. then, when i get tired of doing that (which i don't), i pull out my scythe and go to town with that instead.

Mom with a blog

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
revengeance had amazing gameplay but i was disappointed by the level design. also it was only like 5 hours long which was surprising because i was expecting it to be around bayonettas length (took me about 12)

hoping for an MGR2 though

vice.com op-ed posted:

smashing things with my extendable axe is so goddamn satisfying

here, check out me smashing the cleric beast with my axe in 2 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQUuhubgbaY

3D Megadoodoo

i played forza horizon fast & furious a bit this morning because it's 'free' until the 10th of this month and welp it's 'free' because it's a loving demo

(a nice demo tho, i could be persuaded to buy forza horizon 2 if i didn't already have 40000 driving games :shrug:)

Pro Target

vice.com op-ed posted:

the hunters axe is an incredibly satisfying weapon and when you pull off a well timed r2 attack you can kill everything around you if theyre weak, or send big enemies flying backwards 20 feet

GEExCEE

im sorry I didnt come back to play street fighter with you. my wife and i were eating beans.

Pro Target

ill pla y tonite if you want

Pro Target

Pro Target posted:

the hunters axe is an incredibly satisfying weapon and when you pull off a well timed r2 attack you can kill everything around you if theyre weak, or send big enemies flying backwards 20 feet

the only problem with it is that it has subpar str scaling but the only good str weapon ive found is the kirkhammer which has an awful moveset

GEExCEE

Pro Target posted:

ill pla y tonite if you want

:D

Scaly Haylie

Pro Target posted:

kirkhammer

haha what

Pro Target

whats wrong with kirkhammer

Scaly Haylie

Pro Target posted: