Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

I love the applauding squishes. :3:

And Duane's eloquent threats are always fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Things this page has shown us: Murkoph does not understand math. (Or he's making an idle joke, but I prefer to think that he doesn't understand how numbers work.)

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Roland Jones posted:

Things this page has shown us: Murkoph does not understand math. (Or he's making an idle joke, but I prefer to think that he doesn't understand how numbers work.)

Things this page has shown us: The squishes don't like Murkoph either.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Roland Jones posted:

i'm reasonably sure you have to understand math to get what he said :spergin:

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I thought Duane wasn't lucid the last time he was in the khert. So how does he remember the bird? From some other instance?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I thought Duane wasn't lucid the last time he was in the khert. So how does he remember the bird? From some other instance?

Didn't Sette tell him all about it?

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

khy posted:

Didn't Sette tell him all about it?

Yes, http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch08/ch08_33.html

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
What's all this about, top of the last page?

Jackard fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 3, 2015

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jackard posted:

What's all this about, top of the last page?

It looks like Duane's falling through some kind of vision of Alderode at war, since vliegeng are native to the region and employed for transportation and warfare purposes. Whatever the hell is going on in Duane's mindscape is resonating with the smoke eels somehow. They're becoming corporeal and ripping poo poo apart.

I don't think this was part of the plan. Even Cutter looks a bit concerned.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 3, 2015

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
They hosed up, bad. They made a super weapon that responds to trauma, and then decided to start torturing a lich that's made out of trauma right next to it. Basically, their nuclear pile might just have gone supercritical.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
I wonder if its feeding off of the bodies that were just brought back too, the memories of dead soldiers just killed in a battle with Alderode.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Thanks! This thread and you guys are the only way I can keep track of things. It's a big help.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The local black tongues might be the only thing that could tamp this down if it really blows up.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Grognan posted:

The local black tongues might be the only thing that could tamp this down if it really blows up.

The local Black Tongues are the ones responsible for it in the first place (Winalils, Rahm, and Delicieu are all collaborating on this project, though Rahm only just found out about Delicieu and immediately went "gently caress this, I'm out") so I doubt they'd be much help either.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007
Aw, man. I liked that guy.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
See, this is what happens when you get indecisive and talk instead of just acting.

That's a pretty clever setup Stockyard has there, though.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
Guess that sound is the other shoe dropping.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
There goes one of my two death predictions... the other I called was Starfish.

Come on 2 for 2!!!!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Unsounded. Bad End: The Comic!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Unless he can finish it really, really quickly I don't see how Stockyard can hang onto him for too long since Toby's built like a brick shithouse.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

A wire garrote can both choke and cut, and Toby's already bleeding around the neck. His odds are pretty low.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Well, he's got a knife, you can't garotte someone from outside stabbing distance, and this looks like it's shaping up to be one of those "everything that could possibly go wrong goes wrong at once" scenarios, so I'm putting my money on "mutual kill".

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty

Roland Jones posted:

See, this is what happens when you get indecisive and talk instead of just acting.

That's a pretty clever setup Stockyard has there, though.

Yeah, I expected some kind of magical shenanigans, not straightforward murder-trap. And I wonder if Ana is going to walk in on this.

Someone else mentioned that it looks like the cargo is ready to explode. I remember when Stockyard brought out the mask, it was mentioned that that wasn't how Nary ordered it to be handled - that may be the reason.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stockyard's gonna be just fine, other than the tears of betrayed rage thing we saw "earlier".

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Whatever is more tragic will happen.

In the original comic Ashley planned that she eventually rewrote and turned into Unsounded, literally everyone died in the end.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

:agreed: tone of the comic is setting up a mutual kill, these two have a little drama playing out while the silver explodes

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I don't think you guys understand how those things work: Toby is 80% decapitated, and most certainly dead, by the last panel.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
and because he pulled at the wrong angle Stockyard should have basically cut his fingers to the bone or off.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Rime posted:

I don't think you guys understand how those things work: Toby is 80% decapitated, and most certainly dead, by the last panel.
What I mean is, even if Toby dies, Stockyard was the one loving around the silver and it's gonna kill him. Probably now while he's upset.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The look in Stockyard's eyes in panel 6 is genuinely unnerving. He's both calm in his execution but crazed in his motives. This is a good page.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Jackard posted:

What I mean is, even if Toby dies, Stockyard was the one loving around the silver and it's gonna kill him. Probably now while he's upset.

Oh absolutely. I'm fairly sure that was reality duane was falling through, back to his own body, last page. I expect everything to go nuclear at the end of the chapter here.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
I think I'm going to have to re-read this whole thing from the very start because I've had no clue what's going on and/or why pretty much since this chapter started. Am I missing like some essay she releases with each page that explains what's going on or something?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

^^^^^
Bear in mind that the exact details of the plot surrounding the silver and pretty much everything concerning the inside of the Khert are both pretty much complete unknowns right now. You kind of have to focus on what's happening right here, right now because trying to look at it in the big picture is futile due to how little info we've got.

tentacles posted:

Aw, man. I liked that guy.
My sentiments exactly. Dude was a recovering addict that wanted to get put of the life of crime with his similarly-minded sweetheart :smith:

Glassshard posted:

Killing off meanies doesn't make much of an impact : )

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 9, 2015

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Rannos22 posted:

I think I'm going to have to re-read this whole thing from the very start because I've had no clue what's going on and/or why pretty much since this chapter started. Am I missing like some essay she releases with each page that explains what's going on or something?

It is a good re-read, I've done it before. While not exactly an essay, quite a few questions get answered on the tumblr link at the bottom of the main page. It is almost entirely an ask/tell style so not too tumblrish so there is still some crap but it is not too bad. Most of the stuff is either about that days page or the world and characters in general, so there can be some good explanations and borderline inside info.

For instance, someone commented about the great expressions Stockyard is making on the current page and Ashley said he is going to be making some more great ones in pages later on in the chapter, which leads me to beleive he is going to survive this fight with Toby. I suppose it could just be him going through a painful death, but who knows. Point being is it usually itsn't too spoilery beyond providing something for speculation.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rannos22 posted:

A bunch of crazy-rear end magicians are collaborating with a petty crook to smuggle a magical WMD made of pain-eating silver into a war between the two major world powers, Cresce (necromancer Communists) and Alderode (caste-system North Korea with wizards). The silver's gone critical to the point where it is now destroying and decaying the physical world around it. The local law enforcement is either crooked or has no idea what the gently caress is happening. Stockyard is choking out Toby because a lizard told him that Toby is planning to run off with his crush. Sette learned that her father duped her into thinking she was running important business for her family, when really she was just there to bring Duane to Stockyard, and then she got muzzled and felt up by a fat pedophile. Duane's been clamped with a zombie-torturing nightmare helmet and strung up in close proximity to the silver, which is making it go even more berserk than normal. Everything is terrible for everyone.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Pretty sure the silver was internally ordered and intended to spark a civil war in Cresce against the Queen, based on things said last chapter, but that could just be the Aldish cover story for a long game.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Oxxidation posted:

Everything is terrible for everyone.

Cutter is doing alright

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

Cutter is doing alright

Even he's starting to look a bit freaked out at how the silver's resonating with Duane.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Rime posted:

Pretty sure the silver was internally ordered and intended to spark a civil war in Cresce against the Queen, based on things said last chapter, but that could just be the Aldish cover story for a long game.

I think it's not for a civil war it's for an assassination/coup, but yeah the characters who know SOMETHING about it seem to think it's internal Crescean politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Oxxidation posted:

Everything is terrible for everyone.

I simplified it for you