Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Noam Chomsky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
we need stronger borders to keep the sand people out

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

this is all just a farce purported by the republic to further the fae agenda

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

death .cab for qt posted:

this is all just a farce purported by the republic to further the fae agenda

You mean a force.

The force.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

the force is a farce

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Slambo Gungunap

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Milky Moor posted:

pozma n'ghole

best one so far

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Shadeoses posted:

Can plasma fireballs melt plasteel beams?

Duh, it's plastic steel. The Death Star was an inside job.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

alderaan was a false flag attack set up by the republic rebels to undermine the necessary development of imperial super weapons in order to maintain mutually assured destruction with the rebels, who had amassed enough firepower at the time to blow up an entire planet (while also harboring religious extremists known as "Jedi")

it also relates to marxism, because

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Can we go back to talking about how awesome that short star wars film was?

It is incredibly rare that I see something that I really enjoy, something that I have zero complaints over, something that really gets me excited.
Disney, hire this man to make the next star wars movie. Holy poo poo was that awesome from start to finish.

Unless Disney really takes risks with the new films coming out, that youtube video is going to be the best star wars thing we'll get for years yet.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Plaxico Burress

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Crimbo Kurtess

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009
Mercedes Revenga

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Coolverber Obviousnoun

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Shmorkee

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

All I remember about Rebel Assault 2 was that the demo crashed my computer because it wasn't powerful enough to run it.

Running the game on an emulator caused graphical issues where half the stuff became invisible, which now that I think about it is pretty ironic.

fuckingtest
Mar 31, 2001

Just evolving, you know?
Right Here, Right Now.
klaus nomi

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Nye nelevin

Joss laser

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Benedine Cumberpatch

Keenu Reeves

Humphry Boggart

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Ozamataz Buckshank, also the rest of all three of those skits.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Adult Swim would print money if it picked something like this up.

They still do animes, right?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

RaySmuckles posted:

Adult Swim would print money if it picked something like this up.

They still do animes, right?

Even if they could get Disney to licence a Starwar cartoon to not show on the disney channel, it would probably lose a lot of it's charm and obsessive mental-illness level attention to detail when you added a whole production staff to get them done in something less that 4 years per seven minutes of animation.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Otisburg posted:

Even if they could get Disney to licence a Starwar cartoon to not show on the disney channel, it would probably lose a lot of it's charm and obsessive mental-illness level attention to detail when you added a whole production staff to get them done in something less that 4 years per seven minutes of animation.

Yeah but plenty of the animes have good animation- like bebop or ghost in shells. And with Star Wars they'd have an excuse to go all out.

But you're right, it'd never happen of course. Just me thinking this would be a cool piece of culture if it became a thing, and wanting to express that.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

RaySmuckles posted:

Yeah but plenty of the animes have good animation- like bebop or ghost in shells. And with Star Wars they'd have an excuse to go all out.

But you're right, it'd never happen of course. Just me thinking this would be a cool piece of culture if it became a thing, and wanting to express that.

i get it. i agree with your cloud talk, if they ran 22 minutes of this weekly i would loose my fuckin' mind over how awesome that is

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Ambo Cloudrunner

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Otisburg posted:

Plus they would sure as hell not want it to be a kick-rear end tribute to 80s anime.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Ambi'en Wal'rs.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
I would think 80's anime Starwars would fly off the shelf. Wouldn't even be that hard to do. Just tell a Japanese company "take Starwars and make an anime" and give them money and don't care about canon or anything. I mean there's Starwars manga already.

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009
Lord John Whorfin

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
Be careful what you wish for. I said when District 9 came out that I really wanted to see Blomkamp direct an Aliens movie and after Chappie I am not so sure.

I think the short is loving awesome rad, but I didn't really feel like I was watching a Star Wars. I felt like I was watching a kick rear end space anime. The action scenes may rule, but imagine how stilted the whole thing would end up being in dialogue. (Maybe they could set it during the prequel trilogy)

Edit: Chazz Palminteri

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Lonos Oboe posted:

I think the short is loving awesome rad, but I didn't really feel like I was watching a Star Wars. I felt like I was watching a kick rear end space anime. The action scenes may rule, but imagine how stilted the whole thing would end up being in dialogue. (Maybe they could set it during the prequel trilogy)

instructive example for oldsters:

aeon fluxx liquid television shorts... vs the show... vs the movie

the more they tried to burden the stylish ultra-violence with narrative and dialogue the suckier it got

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

Otisburg posted:

instructive example for oldsters:

aeon fluxx liquid television shorts... vs the show... vs the movie

the more they tried to burden the stylish ultra-violence with narrative and dialogue the suckier it got

aeon fluxx is a fantastic point. Those shorts were amazing. The show was great while baked but it's something that benefitted mostly from the micro form. You could make Aeon Fluxx shorts forever with it's haphazard continuity. Tartakovsky's Clone Wars miniseries was originally aired in 5 minute blocks and mostly used minimalist visual story telling. It was a lot more compelling viewed that way.

His show Samurai Jack is something I still go back to as an animated show that was allowed breathe and soak up the world. So much of that show was quiet travelling shots or tension building moments bracketed by excellent action scenes and quirky exposition. It was a 22 minute show but sometimes it felt like an epic movie. Such a great premise.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

burritolingus posted:

I would think 80's anime Starwars would fly off the shelf. Wouldn't even be that hard to do. Just tell a Japanese company "take Starwars and make an anime" and give them money and don't care about canon or anything. I mean there's Starwars manga already.

final fantasy 12 is literally what happens when you tell a japanese company to make star wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp62xCxPwF8

a real rude dude fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Mar 31, 2015

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fetus Tree posted:

imm not gonna click yet but i can almost guarantee its a sand person

You mean an Arab?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/315eg0/i_know_who_the_main_villain_is_in_the_force/?sort=new

This is actually a pretty well thought-out and rational theory on why Kylo Ren is really Darth Revan

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Wookie penis, or Jedi Wookie?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I don't know, but I hate it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

drunk asian neighbor posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/315eg0/i_know_who_the_main_villain_is_in_the_force/?sort=new

This is actually a pretty well thought-out and rational theory on why Kylo Ren is really Darth Revan

I guess the stuff about Revan and the Mandalorian war was pretty good. But the mind-wiping plot was real dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

happyhippy posted:

Wookie penis, or Jedi Wookie?

Why cant it be both?

• Locked thread