Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Adam Bowen posted:

The bros on a road trip thing looks pretty cool though, but I bet that's going to end up falling apart about 3 hours in and it will just be your typical dumb FF bullshit

4 shonen knife looking guys who have nothing to distinguish them at a glance going on a road trip isn't exactly an airship with knights on it or a couple of mechs raiding a town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
They have a car though, it's pretty cool

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Liquid Penguins posted:

destructoid is a bad website

djynn flyssa got a job

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

djynn flyssa got a job

Oh, like the sword from Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The problem with the bad Final Fantasy games isn't that they're unimaginative or formulaic, it's that all that creativity amounts to silly game mechanics and a nonsense story (see: FF8, FF13)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Looper posted:

Oh, like the sword from Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced?

what no

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2552216

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

4 shonen knife looking guys who have nothing to distinguish them at a glance going on a road trip isn't exactly an airship with knights on it or a couple of mechs raiding a town.
*has an anime avatar*

*dissing Shonen Knife*

Sorrt FF15 is a little too DBZ and not Card Captor Sakura enough for you.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If only it was the kind of anime I love, instead of the other, very similar kind of anime.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the anime i like: not anime

things i don't like: very anime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

anime

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
When I was a kid, anime was like this. Now it's like thiiiiis?????

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The word "anime" has devolved into an excuse to be racist without actually confronting your own racism.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

What? This piece of entertainment follows conventions of popular culture unlike my own? It must be the lesser for it. :smug:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A friend of mine insists she doesn't hate anime, just "those squeaky Japanese voices."

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I was raised by a wild clan of animes.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
in the ps1 era, square produced solid games through much strife and adversity. they were always learning.

now they have so much money they don't have to learn from mistakes, because a couple million here and there? psh whatevs we've got fingers in every pie!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FactsAreUseless posted:

A friend of mine insists she doesn't hate anime, just "those squeaky Japanese voices."

Don't blame her, they're annoying as gently caress, dubs 4 lyf

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Excels posted:

in the ps1 era, square produced solid games through much strife and adversity. they were always learning.

now they have so much money they don't have to learn from mistakes, because a couple million here and there? psh whatevs we've got fingers in every pie!
Counterpoint: in the PS1 era they released Spirits Within, a mistake so bad it killed the company.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's a deep and telling moment, the first Final Fantasy game which you feel too old play, like the episode you stopped watching the Simpsons, or when all new music begins to sound like noise and you begin yelling incoherently about selfies and drooling a little as early onset dementia sets in.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Counterpoint: in the PS1 era they released Spirits Within, a mistake so bad it killed the company.

to be fair, spirits within was a technological milestone at the time. they produced results, just not results that anyone cared about.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

hey! it's roz from frasier! but now she's a computer cartoon soldier!

-the thing i remember most about that movie

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
FF15 looks cool and that's why I'm sure Square is going to gently caress it up because that's also what I said about every previous game and look what happened to them.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

hey! it's roz from frasier! but now she's a computer cartoon soldier!

-the thing i remember most about that movie

steve buscemi was in it too! god bless that man

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

At the end, Donald Sutherland said "It's warm!" about something and it was supposed to be dramatic, but I remember laughing

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

I stand opposed to gaming

That's just un-American..

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

CJacobs posted:

FF15 looks cool and that's why I'm sure Square is going to gently caress it up because that's also what I said about every previous game and look what happened to them.

I am so unhappy with the direction they have gone for FF sagas. FF7 is one of a kind and unfortunately, will never happen again. I think it started to get real shity after FF10.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

*has an anime avatar*

*dissing Shonen Knife*

You know it's not an anime avatar. Your avatar is from the same comic!!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

drakegrim posted:

I am so unhappy with the direction they have gone for FF sagas. FF7 is one of a kind and unfortunately, will never happen again. I think it started to get real shity after FF10.
Hahaha, yes, excellent and timeless game FF7, which was truly unique.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

You know it's not an anime avatar. Your avatar is from the same comic!!!
And said comic is the shoujoest anime since Fushigi Yuugi.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Not liking japanese boy bands and haute couture doesnt mean im against anime. And i'm only really opposed to it because it's a super boring aesthetic for a series that used to be known for colorful character designs and grandiose settings. I'd have the same reaction if they were all wearing denim and cowboy hats, although that would at least be funny.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Gunna Kuriigu, my favorite shoujo anime webcomic

edit: My avatar is also from an anime. Everyone's anime.

Lurdiak posted:

Not liking japanese boy bands and haute couture doesnt mean im against anime. And i'm only really opposed to it because it's a super boring aesthetic for a series that used to be known for colorful character designs and grandiose settings. I'd have the same reaction if they were all wearing denim and cowboy hats, although that would at least be funny.

I'm pretty sure either Final Fantasy or Monster Hunter have already done "everyone's a cowboy but it's still anime" before.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Oh my god you're angry because the guys in FF15 are cool and have friends and nice clothes, and as soon as they're not morose whiners you can't identify with them.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

im gonna farm stuff tonight in the new HM, yeah yeah yeah

will probably do so while tremendously violent horror films play in the background since my spouse is working late tonight, it's gonna be a spooky evening. zoinks

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

im gonna farm stuff tonight in the new HM, yeah yeah yeah

will probably do so while tremendously violent horror films play in the background since my spouse is working late tonight, it's gonna be a spooky evening. zoinks
"My wife is gone, can't wait to fantasize about violent death and having a nice farm to hide the body."

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

"My wife is gone, can't wait to fantasize about violent death and having a nice farm to hide the body."

it's perfect

also i'm the wife, get it straight retard

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh my god you're angry because the guys in FF15 are cool and have friends and nice clothes, and as soon as they're not morose whiners you can't identify with them.

Now you're just missing the point on purpose.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

it's perfect

also i'm the wife, get it straight retard
Well as long as somebody's the wife.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

"I bet the cool Japan men wouldn't even be my friend. Vaan would be my friend. Terra would be my friend. Squall would be my friend but he wouldn't admit it. I am still angry over table placement in high school." -- Lurdiak

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Crono is my favorite JRPG protagonist and I'm not sure he even mopes once. He just does a weird squat and pumps his fist. Like me!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Lurdiak posted:

Please don't imply that FAU would do something as base as purposefully trolling the Games Chat thread.

• Locked thread