Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bean posted:

Nintendo just posted on their Instagram that there's a direct coming tomorrow, 3 PM pacific.

Nice! 3AM my time but I'll wake up to a billion posts on the internet summarizing it. Wonder if this is when they release the Platinum rewards for club nintendo too, the site says April 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It's going to be about Cellphone games and how you must look forward to playing cellphone games.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
What's that scraping feeling between my legs?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Seriously splatoons endgame is Team Fortresses' grinding for gear. Except there are actual BIS stats on the gear and not a ton of different and viable setups you can use. It's like why would you do that to yourself?

After the feeling of newness wears off and the honeymoon period is over all you will know is just the deep feeling of want from not having Xenoblade being out yet.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Dammit this thing airs as soon as my next class starts.

Mewtwo is most likely to appear at this point, but I really want more info on Yoshi's Woolly World.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

Seriously splatoons endgame is Team Fortresses' grinding for gear. Except there are actual BIS stats on the gear and not a ton of different and viable setups you can use. It's like why would you do that to yourself?

After the feeling of newness wears off and the honeymoon period is over all you will know is just the deep feeling of want from not having Xenoblade being out yet.
I'm sorry I've activated my anti-taint reap force field

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Quest For Glory II posted:

I'm sorry I've activated my anti-taint reap force field

Oh man, I totally forgot that exists. *ignore list*

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's going to be about Cellphone games and how you must look forward to playing cellphone games.

before anyone gets taint reaped

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

deadwing posted:

Also circle April 1st

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Also circle April 1st

Circling is hard

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

deadwing posted:

That ship has sailed. We all have raw perineums.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Also circle April 1st

Ok I conveniently pointed out all the important information about this direct

Hth

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

deadwing posted:

Hth

I see no mention about the new DK game which many have said to be the Dark Souls of Donkey Kong.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Directly to your taint

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

deadwing posted:

Hth

Now circle but this time angrier

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Now circle but this time angrier

This is not an angry thread

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

The Taint Reaper posted:

I see no mention about the new DK game which many have said to be the Dark Souls of Donkey Kong.

I would be completely fine with that if I could leave chunks of the DK rap in messages strewn along the game.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Commissar Ken posted:

I would be completely fine with that if I could leave chunks of the DK rap in messages strewn along the game.

Try ranged attack, coconut gun is effective

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Inverness posted:

You can remap all controls in Smash 4.

Is it allowed for online play also? Finishing 4th everytime got depressing.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
I'm stoked to see a Star Fox trailer... not sure why they've been so purposely obtuse with it up to this point, blurring out screens and whatnot, especially when they're willing to show early Zelda footage that looks pretty janky and empty. If they show even a single frame of on-foot gameplay I will probably sink into a deep depression.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

[sweep the leg voice] reap the taint

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

Is it allowed for online play also? Finishing 4th everytime got depressing.

Yes. The only downside is it's tied to your profile name in the game so you need to remember to pick your name from the list when you start playing or switch game modes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really hope Nintendo talks about Star Fox, and Xenoblade. I've been a broken record with these two games, but i'm pretty excited to play both.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Polo-Rican posted:

I'm stoked to see a Star Fox trailer... not sure why they've been so purposely obtuse with it up to this point, blurring out screens and whatnot, especially when they're willing to show early Zelda footage that looks pretty janky and empty. If they show even a single frame of on-foot gameplay I will probably sink into a deep depression.

Hey even star fox 64 had on foot gameplay in multiplayer.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

I said come in! posted:

I really hope Nintendo talks about Star Fox, and Xenoblade. I've been a broken record with these two games, but i'm pretty excited to play both.

I don't blame you. Star Fox is probably the game I'm looking forward to the most. I haven't even played the original Xenoblade yet but X looks really good so far.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope for news on the smash bros updates.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why would I want Xenoblade

greatn posted:

Hey even star fox 64 had on foot gameplay in multiplayer.
what

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I think Mewtwo's release date will be announced tomorrow

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

I think Mewtwo's release date will be announced tomorrow

I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the ol' "he's out right now!" tomorrow

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm glad they're finally announcing Layton for Smash tomorrow

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

You had to get medals on every single level, then hold a button as multiplayer launched or something. Nobody did it because even back then on-foot was bad.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Polo-Rican posted:

You had to get medals on every single level, then hold a button as multiplayer launched or something. Nobody did it because even back then on-foot was bad.
Oh wow, I'm a little surprised I had no idea this existed. It looks awful!

All that said, I don't think on-foot gameplay would be a death sentence for the next Star Fox game. I think the huge issue was that it had awkward weight, weird controls, and excessively bad level design. For multiplayer, though, it brought a really interesting dynamic that I thought worked pretty well.

Purely vehicular gameplay would definitely be preferable.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm glad they're finally announcing Shovel Knight for Smash tomorrow

Finally, about time

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
My guess is that tomorrow we get

-Smash update details (including Mewtwo) that become available at the end of the direct
-Shitton of Splatoon, including launch date
-Mario Maker stuff
-New Pokemon game on the 3DS? (Z maybe)
-Stuff on the new SMT game maybe?
-Tiny bit of info on Xenoblade X
-Probably a small eShop game that's out at the end of the direct
-Possibly Star Fox trailer

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I'd be suprised if they showed off Star Fox with this being so close to E3. I figure this direct will primarily talk Splatoon, Wooly World and Xenoblade with hopefully a few eshop announcements. As much as I'd love to hear about some other cool stuff I just can't imagine they will blow big E3 reveals prior to the show, especially with them not having Zelda to fall back on this year.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think there's either a surprise eShop game, surprise special virtual console game, or both because Nintendo Europe announces those on Monday and this week they conspicuously has no releases listed this week on Monday from Nintendo Europe so I think there's a surprise eShop game or special virtual console games or both because of that this week Nintendo Europe.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'd pop big time for Pokemon Z.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

greatn posted:

I think there's either a surprise eShop game, surprise special virtual console game, or both because Nintendo Europe announces those on Monday and this week they conspicuously has no releases listed this week on Monday from Nintendo Europe so I think there's a surprise eShop game or special virtual console games or both because of that this week Nintendo Europe.

Good call. I thought Pallette just got to the press release before they completely filled it out. I didn't even think that it would be related to the Direct, but it makes so much sense.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I made my post weird like that by the way because I noticed I had the same clause twice and instead of fixing it I decided to run with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think they'll probably show a little more of the Fire Emblem they announced in the last direct, maybe we'll get an actual name for it

• Locked thread