Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Seat Safety Switch posted:

This also happened:

:lol:

I don't know what she was thinking crossing the floor. I'm starting to get the sense that she's just a huge opportunist. Probably would've been in the NDP if it meant she had a reasonable shot at power.

e: Just had a 20 minute phone conversation with a drunk old man from grand praire, wants to buy the SVX as soon as he gets back from vancouver which was one of many random topics we discussed. :toot:

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

jonathan posted:

I never did like futureshop due to their commission based sales.
This. I bought a few things from FS over the years, and it was always me saying "no" over and over again on every loving "warranty" and "customer satisfaction survey" they pitched at me. I just want headphones, gently caress off with the 50's-style "salesman" act. I'm not going to buy a gigantic TV today. And you don't need to carry my DVD to the cashier, I got this one.

My FaceBook is covered with Alberta by-election stuff. Is that the Carrie Fisher who starred in Star Wars, or somebody else with the same name?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

ExecuDork posted:

This. I bought a few things from FS over the years, and it was always me saying "no" over and over again on every loving "warranty" and "customer satisfaction survey" they pitched at me. I just want headphones, gently caress off with the 50's-style "salesman" act. I'm not going to buy a gigantic TV today. And you don't need to carry my DVD to the cashier, I got this one.

My FaceBook is covered with Alberta by-election stuff. Is that the Carrie Fisher who starred in Star Wars, or somebody else with the same name?

:lol: I was going to play with you but no, it's not.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Danielle Smith engaged in some decidedly un-Canadian posting. :colbert:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/1986-fiat-bertone-convertible/1060435918

I really need somebody to tell me that buying that would be a terrible idea and would ruin my life.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I don't think I've ever heard of a Fiat living long enough to actually have 230K on the clock.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I'm pretty sure that Danielle Smith's destruction was part of the clean-up of a very adept political assassination of the WR party.

1500quidporsche posted:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/1986-fiat-bertone-convertible/1060435918

I really need somebody to tell me that buying that would be a terrible idea and would ruin my life.

DO IT

An X1/9 is one of my deep desires in life, and that one looks pretty good. Please buy it and fulfill my fantasy by swapping in an EcoBoost :allears:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I don't know which would be a bigger disaster
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/lethbridge/triumph-tr-8-v-8/1060427534?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

TR8 would be worse by far. My parents owned a TR7 before I was born and given the amount of poo poo my dad put up with owning a beetle I have to assume the same car with a bigger engine would be terrible.

Also OOP on a car built by British Leyland.

phade
Oct 8, 2006
I really don't know what to make of this:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...gationFlag=true

Check out the poster's other ads for a totally sweet LEGIT NASCAR (currently parked uncovered outside)

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

phade posted:

Check out the poster's other ads for a totally sweet LEGIT NASCAR (currently parked uncovered outside)

That thing pops up for sale every year. I've actually seen it in person. A high school shop class could build it over a semester save for the paint. The concept is ridiculous which is what makes it. Practically, it's rubbish.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

phade posted:

I saw that abortion at the border a few years ago. We were just through heading into MT and that hemorrhoid was waiting on the other side coming back in. It was belching black smoke like a locomotive.

I genuinely hoped we wouldn't allow it into Canada but since it appear to be Canadian registered I guess that alone wasn't a reason to bar him.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 3, 2015

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

1500quidporsche posted:

I cannot, in good conscience, say a single bad word about a car that looks like THAT in THAT COLOUR :swoon:

DrakeriderCa posted:

DO IT

An X1/9 is one of my deep desires in life, and that one looks pretty good. Please buy it and fulfill my fantasy by swapping in an EcoBoost :allears:
Oh god this.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

ExecuDork posted:

I cannot, in good conscience, say a single bad word about a car that looks like THAT in THAT COLOUR :swoon:

It's a fantastic looking car, but that's got to be the worst victim of 5MPH bumpers I have ever seen.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The guy never replied when I emailed him, I'm just going to assume that's the universe telling me it was a bad idea. God drat that would've been a fun car to have though.

going to have to get a kart instead :getin:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

What the hell is with these insane religious ads on TV? I'm in the crew room at work and I caught this ad out of the corner of my eye that was talking about some biblical quote about Syria or some other thing.

What the gently caress kind of country am I living in now?

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

1500quidporsche posted:

The guy never replied when I emailed him, I'm just going to assume that's the universe telling me it was a bad idea. God drat that would've been a fun car to have though.

going to have to get a kart instead :getin:

Also a good choice

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

MrChips posted:

What the hell is with these insane religious ads on TV? I'm in the crew room at work and I caught this ad out of the corner of my eye that was talking about some biblical quote about Syria or some other thing.

What the gently caress kind of country am I living in now?

I've been getting a *lot* of crazy religious ads on YouTube lately.

They must think I need churching up or something. :(

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So I was heading home from work last night, around 8:30pm. I meet probably 6 funbusters with sirens on hauling rear end the opposite way. Whatever, probably a death or shooting or whatever.

I get home and a friend calls me "Dude, someone is barricaded up with an AR15 at the Halliburton base and he's trying to blow the place up!"

With the way these well service companies treat their employees, I kind of hope he pulls off his mission.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Slung Blade posted:

That's what you get for searching "Catholic school girl" so much.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Slung Blade posted:

I'll watch this one american pastor's YouTube videos just for the laughable :tinfoil: poo poo he'll say Linux is from the devil because it has a thing called daemons in it and dragons are real. and it put the religious advertising in my browser into overdrive.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
yall need jesus adblock

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Raluek posted:

yall need jesus adblock ublock (assuming you're running chrome)

Adblock started allowing some ads through due to money changing hands.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

McTinkerson posted:

Yeah I personally use ublock; I just meant an ad blocker in general. It works in Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera; not sure what other browsers folks are using but I'm not sure your disclaimer there is necessary.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

what you need is adblock and adblock unblocker and adblock ad blocker and trace buster buster buster.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

McTinkerson posted:

Everyone keeps saying that, but I've still never seen AdBlock leak an ad. Just buckets and buckets of RAM.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

You get youtube ads with them now, changed to uBlock and all is well in the world again.

jonathan posted:

So I was heading home from work last night, around 8:30pm. I meet probably 6 funbusters with sirens on hauling rear end the opposite way. Whatever, probably a death or shooting or whatever.

I get home and a friend calls me "Dude, someone is barricaded up with an AR15 at the Halliburton base and he's trying to blow the place up!"

With the way these well service companies treat their employees, I kind of hope he pulls off his mission.
As someone who lived in GP for 75% of my life, I am genuinely surprised this hasn't happened more often. Not just because of companies treating people like crap, but the sheer number of wingnuts that seem to be grasping sanity with a thread.

Made the news. An unnamed 58 year old.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/former-employee-of-energy-company-arrested-after-shots-fired-in-alberta-facility-1.2307886

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Yeah it's still blocking 100% of YouTube ads for me as well. Weird, maybe it's failing to update to the tainted version? That would explain its insane memory usage, since that was a much bigger problem in older versions.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

A lot of people are pretty down right now, and keep getting kicked from every direction. I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a weekly occurrence, something similar happened at schlumberger in red deer a while back.

Oil and the dollar Are the same place they were when gas hit 60 cents a liter, and yet right now it's 95 cents a liter. the low dollar means pretty much everything in stores is getting expensive as gently caress, there are layoffs everywhere, and the people left are being beaten to poo poo with the "just be happy you have a job, scrub" mentality. Then the new taxes coming in going after their beer and smokes instead of the billion dollar company that canned them.

And Harper finally gets his somebody to label as terrorists to save us from in the october elections.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Powershift posted:

Oil and the dollar Are the same place they were when gas hit 60 cents a liter, and yet right now it's 95 cents a liter.

This is making people in Ontario poo poo a brick right now btw. My dad, a staunch conservative, went on a rant about the oil companies and the government keeping gas prices high despite the price of oil because something something welfare to Alberta and taxes.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

8ender posted:

This is making people in Ontario poo poo a brick right now btw. My dad, a staunch conservative, went on a rant about the oil companies and the government keeping gas prices high despite the price of oil because something something welfare to Alberta and taxes.

Show him this

http://www.albertagasprices.com/retail_price_chart.aspx

click "show crude prices" near the bottom.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

If this peace/nuke deal with Iran comes to fruition and it includes a rollback of sanctions (presumebly including oil exports) watch the price of oil tank another $7-$10 as the glut of Iranian oil coming onstream depresses the markets even more.

We'll still be paying $1/L for gasoline because reasons

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

If this peace/nuke deal with Iran comes to fruition and it includes a rollback of sanctions (presumebly including oil exports) watch the price of oil tank another $7-$10 as the glut of Iranian oil coming onstream depresses the markets even more.

We'll still be paying $1/L for gasoline because reasons

$1.10 because long weekend.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

NO NO NO THIS HAS BEEN STUDIED THERE IS NO CORRELATION BETWEEN LONG WEEKENDS AND GAS PRICES!!! :mad:

AND FURTHERMORE,

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I went to target today, the location here closes on the 4th. I got some hammered metal rectangular pans that i guess are supposed to be for serving and stuff, but i got em for drip pans in the garage. they're about 1 square foot, an inch deep. weigh about a pound. They also have steel frame kitchen tables that would probably make a strong fuckin work bench. regularly $200, right now $56. If they're still there on saturday and 90% off should be $20, and i'll probably buy whatever's left.

The store was super extra depressing. Even worse than when zellers closed. poo poo just sitting all over the place torn up. most of the store could probably fit in 10 aisles but it's still spread out over about 40.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

The store was super extra depressing. Even worse than when zellers closed. poo poo just sitting all over the place torn up. most of the store could probably fit in 10 aisles but it's still spread out over about 40.

I remember when Zellers closed the employees were unhappy but still working normally. At the two Targets I've been to so far during the closing period, the employees are straight up hard mad and yelling at each other.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Well, zellers they worked everything into a smaller and smaller pile as poo poo got sold out. target they have maybe 1/4 of the store roped off and the rest is just poo poo laying wherever.

They pulled all the network gear, probably shipped to one of the stores closing on the 12th.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

E: nvmd

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

We never got a Target in Lethbridge. The old Zellers was in the oldest, most depressing mall in the western hemisphere so Target didn't take the option (thankfully). The only Targets I ever went in to were in St. Albert Center and Medicine Hat.

I went to the one in the Hat shortly after the announcement of them closing, and the workers just didn't seem to give a poo poo. I wouldn't have been surprised if you could have asked for PS4 out of the cabinet and just walked out of the store with it and they'd have just :shrug:

Regarding oil pans, I have a proper drain plan but Mrs. Slidebite actually came up with an AWESOME idea for storage/taking to dump that I never even thought of.

If you've got a cat (or even if you don't), Costco has their kitty litter in these huge 20-30L containers with a good/wide screw on top. Make for fantastic transport/storage vessels for oil, antifreeze, whatever.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was at the Target in Langley. They had the display TV's for really cheap. I tried to buy a few and the guy working that section told me "Can't sell them for another week" I told him I'll buy 5 TV's right now and pull my truck up.

He says "I can't do it I'd get fired" and I said "Um, you're getting fired anyways!". Then I felt all bad and said sorry.

But really, when you're in your late teens and you get fired from a minimum wage job I was pretty much like " sweet off to the liqour store I'm going camping"