Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
you get a raise, and then you get A Raise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol she's texting me at 1 am now

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol she's texting me at 1 am now

f*** her, give me her number, tell me his name, etc.etc.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

you hope you have good lawyers

more like she'd better hope she can afford one

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

"When we started the [Glass] project, this is one of the ones that it was really clear immediately that we were going to have to get out in the real world." As Teller describes, Google X adheres to a two-part philosophy: Get an idea out in the real world as soon as possible and "fail as fast as you can."

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Flat Daddy posted:

f*** her, give me her number, tell me his name, etc.etc.

yup

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

PleasureKevin posted:

"When we started the [Glass] project, this is one of the ones that it was really clear immediately that we were going to have to get out in the real world." As Teller describes, Google X adheres to a two-part philosophy: Get an idea out in the real world as soon as possible and "fail as fast as you can."

i dont even think something needs to be in GOOGLE ECKS to qualify for this

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Mister Macys posted:

more like she'd better hope she can afford one

you don't have to be able to "afford" a lawyer when you have a open and shut case for a huge contingency fee

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

PleasureKevin posted:

you forgot to quote the good part

quote:

"I'm amazed by how sensitively people responded to some of the privacy issues," Teller explains, expressing frustration about the backlash against Glass in public, given the prevalence of mobile video. "When someone walks into a bar wearing Glass... there are video cameras all over that bar recording everything." If it were around a year ago "they'd be Meerkatting," Teller joked.

why would anyone be offended by my silent camera eyewear? it's no different from strangers visibly waving phones at you, or security cameras!!!!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

you don't have to be able to "afford" a lawyer when you have a open and shut case for a huge contingency fee

lol if you think anyone will take the word of a poor against a rich white male in a $3000 suit with an expensive lawyer.
if he were really guilty he wouldn't bother spending the money, he'd settle out of court. :smugbert:

Crushable Object
Oct 28, 2010
Crush responsibly.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

your way too idealistic

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
a poor person has no chance legally against being dismissed by someone so powerful for the most part

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
i don't know what world you're living in but in this one companies/rich people will settle 99% of the time if there's even a hint of there being a case (poor person or not)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
large companies are so terrified of HR lawsuits that they keep terrible people employed for years to avoid the appearance of a discriminatory firing.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

this advertisment makes me irrationally angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q0yZomXuSw

they didn't bother matching the tempo/beat of the music with what the people are doing on-screen so everybody in the ad either looks like they have no sense of rhythm.

they hosed up the diegetic soundtrack so badly that it broke through to being non-diegetic

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

and most people won't even notice

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

this advertisment makes me irrationally angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q0yZomXuSw

they didn't bother matching the tempo/beat of the music with what the people are doing on-screen so everybody in the ad either looks like they have no sense of rhythm.

they hosed up the diegetic soundtrack so badly that it broke through to being non-diegetic

cool. chromecast is a lot better than bluetooth pairing or whatever the gently caress else people do. like, by a lot. i already do this ofc since my tv is plugged into my *clears through* bang and olufson

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Smythe posted:

cool. chromecast is a lot better than bluetooth pairing or whatever the gently caress else people do. like, by a lot. i already do this ofc since my tv is plugged into my *clears through* bang and olufson

yeah, it's a good product

setting up my chromecast was loving insane though, everything would fail spectacularly if i tried to do it from a pc or mac

the phone app worked fine, though

there's literally no technical reason why one would work and not the other

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

yeah, it's a good product

setting up my chromecast was loving insane though, everything would fail spectacularly if i tried to do it from a pc or mac

the phone app worked fine, though

there's literally no technical reason why one would work and not the other

idk. mine worked fine at home but the one at work exploded unless i turned off guest network on my router to configure it but then u can turn it back on and it works fine. theyre hosed up but for 35 bones a pop idgaf i guess

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

did anyone watch that reality show with billy mays and it's all about people bringing their hair-brained ideas to the As-Seen-On-TV infomercial guys

it's like shark-tank but with more reality TV to it and for like Snuggie-tier garbage

there was one episode iirc (i didn't really watch it, i don't remember where i saw this) where the "inventor" wants to make a bowl that separates your cereal and your milk so your cereal doesn't get too soggy

lol if you're an adult eating cereal in the first place.. hmm

then there's the iTie which is a tie that clips to your shirt so it never gets out of place and you can put your iPod in it

well the iTie guy wants demo his product so says "hold my legs" and tries to do a hand-stand but cartwheels right into billy mays' head and knocks him over and he hits a door knob

it's a google metaphor

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

wow if youre giving a gently caress when some scrub comes up wnats to put on a song.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

yea champ, that one on the youtube queue, *wink*

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

why would anyone be offended by my silent camera eyewear? it's no different from strangers visibly waving phones at you, or security cameras!!!!

"eh our product is basically the precursor to a black mirror episode but w/e"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
if you type "pac man" into google maps, you can play a game

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

prefect posted:

if you type "pac man" into google maps, you can play a game

gently caress google

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

or you could just click the pac man button

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

this is cool actually

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Smythe posted:

this is cool actually

disagree

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

pseudorandom name posted:

or you could just click the pac man button

i should pay more attention to things :blush:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
is that a chromebook? i cant find it on their chromebook thing

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Smythe posted:

is that a chromebook? i cant find it on their chromebook thing

here you go

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
that does look like a chromebook

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I'm glad netbooks have returned from the dead

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

way to doxx atomicthumbs place of employment

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

chome

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

googe

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
chome > googe

FACT

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

it looks like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

"yup, just gonna set my easily breakable keyboard face down to watch my animes here..."

• Locked thread