Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

getting used to the damage all the bosses do in ng+ is hard... with 15 vit
since i'm making mad bank i just die until i get the dodge pattern down, which is usually something stupid and easy to keep going. example, for abhorrent beast boss in chalice dungeons (which is not scaled to ng level which owns kind of): walk up, dodge left, attack and immediately backstep. pattern repeats until fight is over.

Go to the cursed pthumerian defilement and get used to doing it with 7 vit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
holy poo poo a lightning mace? :chanpop: how is the scaling on it? i have been dumping mainly into strength and skill because i want to marry the kirkhammer

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i only have shake off cape... hoping to get to dust off cape in an hour or two... im skipping all the optional bosses because ng+ is hard

fun fact: you don't have to fight cleric beast in ng+, you can buy the key since you already have the hunter badge it gives you
there are two cape emotes??

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
shake off u start with and im told u get dust off when yOu finish the Eileen quest and advance in Hunters... could be lied to... pretty hosed up if so

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
as long as they have scaling in skill, yes. probably won't be useful for them though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

zen death robot posted:

I read somewhere the soft-cap was 25 for STR so I didn't know if going past 30 was better or if putting some into Skill was instead. I tend to prefer the Saw Blade and Holy Blade most of the time, but I haven't messed around with the other skill weapons tbh.
just talk to the doll and see how your weapon damage changes if you put points into str/skill. on a good scaling weapon you'll still get some benefit from going over the soft cap but therll be diminishing returns

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

shake off u start with and im told u get dust off when yOu finish the Eileen quest and advance in Hunters... could be lied to... pretty hosed up if so

Oh sorry, eileen teaches you brush off when you meet her the first time and you get dust off for visiting gyula after killing paarl and wearing a church set.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 31, 2015

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
25 is the softcap for strength but you should pump it up to 30 so you can blow poo poo up with a cannon

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
had some very bloodborne as directed by david lynch inspired nightmares last night

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Sharkopath posted:

Oh sorry, eileen teaches you brush off when you meet her the first time and you get dust off for visiting gyula after killing paarl and wearing a church set.

i dont understand why people are calling him gyula i mean sure i haven't spoken to him but he's wearing djura's set and is in the credits as djura

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i dont understand why people are calling him gyula i mean sure i haven't spoken to him but he's wearing djura's set and is in the credits as djura

oh it called him gyura in the wiki thing, sorry

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I beat the vicar on my second try, I was very surprised.

I thought I would just go in and learn the attack patterns cause I didn't have any healing items but I guess beating Paarl made me better at knowing when to dodge cause I hit her a bunch.

VICTORY.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i cant get over this gif and i dont care if its already been posted here, it can be posted again

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Sharkopath posted:

oh it called him gyura in the wiki thing, sorry

it's funny because the page is still called gyula but the name on the character list they have is now correct

But seriously i don't know where the hell gyula came from

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

THE PENETRATOR posted:

it's funny because the page is still called gyula but the name on the character list they have is now correct

But seriously i don't know where the hell gyula came from

someone was probably watching a potato-quality stream of the game on Twitch, saw the item for Djura's stuff and probably saw "Gyula" instead of Djura

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yo i ran through the graveyard where you fight glassgow and there was a hunter-hunter fighting a hunter there and i helped them take the hunter down and she was like 'yo gw but leave hunter hunting to me, bitch'

i am gonna invade some peeps and see if that triggers anything there

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
I'm a Vileblood now.Time to hunt some hunters.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i did a chalice dungeon and it was a huge waste of time

at least the bosses were easy

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
pthumeru has epic lore implications... i suggest doing it all
also, you need to do loran to get the last weapon in the game

Dec 26, 2012

A Spider Covets posted:

i cant get over this gif and i dont care if its already been posted here, it can be posted again

lmao

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Finish the first non-random Chalice Dungeon, kill the Fire-Dog at the end.
Play the 2nd CD, fight down to the 3rd level. Prepare myself to face a new and unknown boss that might bite my head off or something
It's Fire-Dog. :mrwhite:

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
fire dog is a dark souls boss in a game where you move and dodge twice as fast

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

Play the 2nd CD, fight down to the 3rd level. Prepare myself to face a new and unknown boss that might bite my head off or something

when i did the second pthumerian cd all the bosses were new.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

did you do a root dungeon or something?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The 1st randomly generated CD I did had the exact same bosses as the very first one except the Undead Giant had a cannon for an arm

edit: ^^ Yeah. I just got bad luck on the boss generation

Dec 26, 2012

stoutfish posted:

fire dog is a dark souls boss in a game where you move and dodge twice as fast

firedog is basically slightly harder quelaag as far as i can tell

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i love running into progressively more hosed up undead giants

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Souls games are basically just training simulators for what the afterlife is really like.

Dec 26, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

The 1st randomly generated CD I did had the exact same bosses as the very first one except the Undead Giant had a cannon for an arm

edit: ^^ Yeah. I just got bad luck on the boss generation

the bosses have their stuff randomized too? cool

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

01011001 posted:

The chalice dungeons are insanely epic

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
I fought Blood Starved Beast in a giant arena with poison water all over it in one of the root dungeons, still went down like a chump. The deeper dungeons get hard quick though, fighting Rom again in a tiny rear end room is much more challenging, also he has way more health. I got some pretty good gems and alt versions of some weapons in the deeper dungeons though so it's worth it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

good to see that dark wraiths are back, and better than ever

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Finding a lantern shortcut after adventuring for half an hour with a bunch of echoes is the most satisfying thing in the world

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
is there any sort of equivalent of curse in this one?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

01011001 posted:

Yeah they're like the Diablo 3 rifts. It's a very well done feature and I'm glad more games made use of it.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

sector_corrector posted:

yeah it's the words I say every time I die to a boss.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

CharlestonJew posted:

yeah it's the words I say every time I die to a boss.

Don't waste your breath, just give the TV the finger.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
It had to be snakes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I give the TV the finger once I best a boss and bathe in their rain of blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

frenzy. it has a much cooler implementation imo.