Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
So lightning berzerker is R for a 1/1, or R to dash it. If it's turn 1, pegging them for 1 isn't as good as playing the creature outright, yeah? I'd only dash it to activate Foundry Street really, yeah?

Looking at taking this list to a LGS tonight.

20 Spells
4 Hordeling Outburst
4 Lightning Strike
4 Stoke the Flames
4 Wild Slash
4 Dragon Fodder

20 Creatures
4 Monastery Swiftspear
4 Foundry Street Denizen
4 Lightning Berserker
3 Goblin Heelcutter
2 Goblin Rabblemaster
3 Zurgo Bellstriker

Sideboard:
4 Roast
1 Mountain
4 Outpost Siege
2 Arc Lightning
4 Eidolon of the Great Revel

So against big creatures, I side out Wild Slash and stick in Roast. Against other aggro/tokens, side in the Eidolons and take out the Lightning Berserkers. Also throw in 2 arc lightning and take out...2 lightning strike?
Against control, stick in the Outpost Sieges and the extra mountain, and take out Wild Slash again? Super wary of these Eidolons since they seem just as likely to kill me as an opponent if I can't burn fast enough. Can't see anywhere I can reasonably stick Searing Blood either. The Heelcutters seem slightly expensive for this deck too.

edit: Might remove Arc Lightning in the SB for Twin Bolt.

edit 2: Maybe side out heelcutters for eidolons?

Dohaeris fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Emerson Cod posted:

Micro-Magic: No cards above 1 CMC, 30 card minimum for decks, and no banlist. Otherwise just a regular game of Magic with singleton building rules.

That actually sounds pretty interesting to be honest, as an exercise, similar to that three-card Magic thing.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Emerson Cod posted:

Micro-Magic: No cards above 1 CMC, 30 card minimum for decks, and no banlist. Otherwise just a regular game of Magic with singleton building rules.

This is important: How many cards for sideboards?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Dr. Stab posted:

This is important: How many cards for sideboards?

Just 1.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Emerson Cod posted:

3-card Magic is where it's at.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
3-card blind is a fun game once the bans start sorting out.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Emerson Cod posted:

Burn

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Bugsy posted:

Just 1.

Thanks, I only needed one.

1xBackup plan.

Best sideboard.

e: what is there in the format to deal with a resolved Chalice of the Void?

e2: burn is actually the best deck thanks to format all-star Meltdown.

Dr. Stab fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 31, 2015

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Dr. Stab posted:

1xBackup plan.

Best sideboard.

Engineered explosives for 0

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

mcmagic posted:

He's better at magic than you. You don't have to play his entire 75 but there is a reason he's making those choices.

What a bad post. This post is bad and you should feel bad for having made it.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Dr. Stab posted:

1xBackup plan.

Best sideboard.

First two answers I can think of: Shattering Spree, Cavern of Souls.

Edit: I'm going with Norin Soul Sisters.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Engineered explosives for 0

Hive Mind + a Pact. :smugdog:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

He's better at magic than you. You don't have to play his entire 75 but there is a reason he's making those choices.

:ironicat:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Land, Memnite, Mox Anything, Chalice for XX=1, go.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Entropic posted:

Land, Memnite, Mox Anything, Chalice for XX=1, go.

mountain, meltdown for 0.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

mcmagic posted:

Literally everyone in this thread is better at magic than you. Physician, heal thyself.

Toshimo fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 31, 2015

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Dr. Stab posted:

Trigger, Meltdown is countered by Chalice.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Dr. Stab posted:

Countered by Chalice, sorry.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

d'oh. Fine. Land, take 1, land, meltdown for 1.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I only play Timmy Leaders, it's like commander but you're not allowed to play non-creature spells.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Dr. Stab posted:

d'oh. Fine. Land, take 1, land, meltdown for 1.

Spell Snare. :smug:

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Cernunnos posted:

Countered by Chalice.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Cernunnos posted:

Countered by Chalice. :smugwizard:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Foiled by my own trap. :smugissar:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Toshimo posted:

Literally everyone in this thread is better than magic than you. Physician, heal thyself.

Better magic than good. :v:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

That has a CMC of 4, it's not legal.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Serperoth posted:

That actually sounds pretty interesting to be honest, as an exercise, similar to that three-card Magic thing.

A couple summers ago my LGS did a $1 buy-in tourney where you had to play with a randomly assigned 30-card intro deck. It was a lot more fun than you'd expect, I got to ice one of our L1s with a 10-damage Corrupt :buddy:

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Reminds me of a game people play at my LGS. You take one of the big bulk common/uncommon boxes, and that's your library. You can play any card face down and it's a land that can tap for any color of mana. Totally luck based, but a decent way to pass the time when waiting for FNM or whatever. I can also see this maybe working with 2 people sharing a Cube as a library.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Toshimo posted:

Literally everyone in this thread is better at magic than you. Physician, heal thyself.

I'll be honest: I bet mcmagic is better at Magic than I am.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I think I spotted a funny interaction for the Origins flipwalkers. If I understand right, Liliana flickers to transform because she'd die for having no loyalty without the ETB.

So, Moonmist. Won't work on Nissa since she'll be an elf. Useful? Almost certainly no, but I like it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I'm liking this new tech that Joe Lossett is using in Miracles - he's sideboarding two Monastery Mentors instead of two Entreats, and using Top shenanigans to proc it with spare mana. It's hilarious.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

BizarroAzrael posted:

I think I spotted a funny interaction for the Origins flipwalkers. If I understand right, Liliana flickers to transform because she'd die for having no loyalty without the ETB.

So, Moonmist. Won't work on Nissa since she'll be an elf. Useful? Almost certainly no, but I like it.

Yeah came up when she was first spoiled. Walkers get counters as they enter the battlefield. And transforming isn't entering so she just goes to the yard from no loyalty.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Entropic posted:

I only play Timmy Leaders, it's like commander but you're not allowed to play non-creature spells.

Timmy Leaders rules:

80 card deck
Pile of basic lands

You have a commander. His CMC must be greater than or equal to 4. Standard commander / color rules apply.

All creatures in your card deck much have CMC 4 or greater. All non creature cards must have a CMC of 6. An X in the casting cost makes a spell legal in Timmy Leaders.

During your draw step you may elect to draw two basic lands of your choice from your land like or a card from your deck.

Begin the game with 4 basic lands of your choice.

Each player begins with 30 life.

Banlist includes Belcher and Mindtwist and I guess the commander banlist as a start.

e: CMC for commander was supposed to be 4+, not great than 4. It's important to be able to have Nephilim leaders for reasons.

Sigma-X fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 1, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm liking this new tech that Joe Lossett is using in Miracles - he's sideboarding two Monastery Mentors instead of two Entreats, and using Top shenanigans to proc it with spare mana. It's hilarious.

Good, Monastery Mentor owns and I hope it finds a place in every format

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Dohaeris posted:

So lightning berzerker is R for a 1/1, or R to dash it. If it's turn 1, pegging them for 1 isn't as good as playing the creature outright, yeah? I'd only dash it to activate Foundry Street really, yeah?

That, and if you suspect their deck plays Sorcery speed sweepers like Drown, Anger, End Hostilities, or Crux of Fate.

Dohaeris posted:

So against big creatures, I side out Wild Slash and stick in Roast. Against other aggro/tokens, side in the Eidolons and take out the Lightning Berserkers. Also throw in 2 arc lightning and take out...2 lightning strike?

Don't side in Eidolons against every aggro deck. It really depends on whether or not you think the damage will hurt you more than it hurts them. If you're on the draw, an opposing aggro deck can easily get you low on life, and then your Eidolons become a liability. The card is best used against decks like Abzan or Sultai that have 10+ removal spells at CMC 3 or below. Beyond that, you should really think about whether or not it's good in any particular matchup.

Dohaeris posted:

Against control, stick in the Outpost Sieges and the extra mountain, and take out Wild Slash again? Super wary of these Eidolons since they seem just as likely to kill me as an opponent if I can't burn fast enough. Can't see anywhere I can reasonably stick Searing Blood either. The Heelcutters seem slightly expensive for this deck too.

edit: Might remove Arc Lightning in the SB for Twin Bolt.

edit 2: Maybe side out heelcutters for eidolons?

Bringing in Eidolons against control isn't a bad idea. The damage you take doesn't matter against control, and the more threat dense your deck is post-board, the better. Stick with Arc Lightning over Twin Bolt because it trades 1 for 1 with an opposing Hordeling Outburst, whereas Bolt does not. Heelcutters are perfectly fine with 20 land and they're great against annoying roadblocks like Rhino, Mantis Rider, Brimaz, Hornet's Nest, etc.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I was really excited to tell everyone in the thread about the April 1st promotional product that I made for Card Kingdom... but it sold out in 20m, before I even knew it was live. Oh well.

Here's the promo I wrote for it, though, which I'm proud of even in isolation.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

So I am officially on standby for GP LV. Hooray! If it hits 9k registrants, I get activated. Here's hoping.
I kind of want to get my L2 by then, because if I do, my compensation increases to $975 from $525. Or less if I choose to take some out in product, which I will, being an inveterate scrublord. If I do that's 3 boxes of KTK per day plus 12 packs of MMA2 per day.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

It is so incredibly hosed up how "Tiny Leaders" got its name changed the same way EDH did, but those of us oldschool Austrian Death Magic players remember the origin and the true stakes of the games.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

rabidsquid posted:

It is so incredibly hosed up how "Tiny Leaders" got its name changed the same way EDH did, but those of us oldschool Austrian Death Magic players remember the origin and the true stakes of the games.

Pretty sure TL has Northern origins, man. :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Remember years ago when the official Magic website's April Fools joke was a joke draft simulator, and actual Alara Reborn cards were spoiled? I hope they do something that clever again.

• Locked thread