Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm surprised the forum isn't more right leaning.

It used to be, but then LF, Helldump, and the "toxx yourself for McCain" thread happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm surprised the forum isn't more right leaning.

The moderators took the forums policy of vigorous moderation to ensure quality seriously, and lo and behold it turns out that conservatives are not quality posters and can't make quality arguments. Reality has a liberal bias

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

haveblue posted:

It used to be, but then LF, Helldump, and the "toxx yourself for McCain" thread happened.
I wasn't here, but I've heard stories about 2008 (and seen the archived thread). Many were banned in the McCainite deathpurges. Comparatively fewer toxxed for Romney in 2012.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zoux posted:

Actually it's because he's in the mobs pocket and they sent some goons over to rough him, a six term Senator and sitting Minority Leader, up in his house and he's so afraid of them that he is pretending he walked into a door.

I mean, it just makes too much sense. Harry Reid has bragged about the times the mob has tried to bribe and kill him in the past, so obviously he's going to make up an embarrassing story about exercise equipment and have his security detail lie for him to cover it up this time.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

So what you're saying is that the capitol police are in the mob's pocket? This poo poo goes deep.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Joementum posted:

I mean, it just makes too much sense. Harry Reid has bragged about the times the mob has tried to bribe and kill him in the past, so obviously he's going to make up an embarrassing story about exercise equipment and have his security detail lie for him to cover it up this time.
What kind of security does a senator get when not in DC?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

My question is, what does Obama know, and when did he know it?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

site posted:

Leadership gets capitol police protection detail. Regular senators get nothing.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

site posted:

I don't think senators get anything if there isn't a credible threat against them, but Reed's in a leadership position so probably at least a body guard or two are attached to him.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

My question is, what does Obama know, and when did he know it?

I want to see a House Select Committee formed to investigate Exercisegate.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

haveblue posted:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

The best was when Joementum was a mod and he was the one responsible for the Romney toxx loosers.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

A Winner is Jew posted:

The best was when Joementum was a mod and he was the one responsible for the Romney toxx loosers.

I remember when Boosted_C5 reregged a bit too quickly and got banned by evilweasel thinking Joe had missed him somehow.

This will never get old, god bless the Onion.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Arkansas legislature passed their version of RFRA, which Governor Hutchinson says he plans to sign. :munch:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Well you know if it passes 2/3 of legislatures it's in the unalterable Constitution until the end of time or something

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

lmao that mccain gif

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

Well you know if it passes 2/3 of legislatures it's in the unalterable Constitution until the end of time or something
A narrow, non-discriminatory RFRA actually wouldn't be a bad constitutional amendment, but that's not the point of this is it

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
If we pretend in hypothetical-land for a moment that these religious freedom bills stand as written - that businesses legally gain a right to refuse service to gays, what are the requirements of gay people in these scenarios? Do gays have to announce they are gay to businesses to allow them to exercise their religious freedom? Is the onus on the company to inquire about the sexual orientation of each and every customer? If a company finds out after the fact that a customer is gay and didn't disclose it, either because they lied or they just didn't announce their sexuality, does the company now have legal recourse for being "tricked" into violating their religious beliefs?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Joementum posted:

The Arkansas legislature passed their version of RFRA, which Governor Hutchinson says he plans to sign. :munch:

Assuming theirs also does not have explicit protections/is the same bs as the Indiana bill?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

site posted:

Assuming theirs also does not have explicit protections/is the same bs as the Indiana bill?

Yup, though the Department of Corrections is exempt. Also :derp: THIS IS AN EMERGENCY :siren:

ftp://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/Bills/2015/Public/HB1228.pdf

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lmao

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

ReidRansom posted:

In what sounds like the absolute weakest way possible. After they solicit input from the very people they're intended to regulate, of course. And then tweak the proposed rules accordingly because they fear "regulatory overreach". Sure, it's something, I'll give them that, but it looks more like PR regulation to me.

That's actually a legal requirement for rule making, and it's not that weak of a rule given personnel constraints, FINRA actually cooperates with the SEC quite a bit and flags suspicious behavior regularly.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

JT Jag posted:

A narrow, non-discriminatory RFRA actually wouldn't be a bad constitutional amendment, but that's not the point of this is it

I don't see what that gets us that the first don't already?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

I came here because of EVE Online. I flew with Goonswarm. I'm not proud.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Joementum posted:

Yup, though the Department of Corrections is exempt. Also :derp: THIS IS AN EMERGENCY :siren:

ftp://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/Bills/2015/Public/HB1228.pdf

I sure hope Tony Kennedy reads the papers every day.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Even if this was mentioned earlier, it deserves more love: NASCAR: Indiana law fosters intolerance, exclusion

quote:

NASCAR is disappointed by the recent legislation passed in Indiana, said NASCAR Senior Vice President and Chief Communications Officer Brett Jewkes, in a statement released Tuesday.

We will not embrace nor participate in exclusion or intolerance. We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our sport and therefore will continue to welcome all competitors and fans at our events in the state of Indiana and anywhere else we race.

Is this the final tipping point in anit-gay legislation or just a sign of the apocalypse?

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Aerox posted:

If we pretend in hypothetical-land for a moment that these religious freedom bills stand as written - that businesses legally gain a right to refuse service to gays, what are the requirements of gay people in these scenarios? Do gays have to announce they are gay to businesses to allow them to exercise their religious freedom? Is the onus on the company to inquire about the sexual orientation of each and every customer? If a company finds out after the fact that a customer is gay and didn't disclose it, either because they lied or they just didn't announce their sexuality, does the company now have legal recourse for being "tricked" into violating their religious beliefs?

The answer is if you're not in the in-group, gently caress you. I see it as the gay version of "smelled weed in the vehicle". Even if there's no weed and you were massively inconvenienced, there's no consequence to the cop who "smelled it."

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Jagchosis posted:

That's actually a legal requirement for rule making, and it's not that weak of a rule given personnel constraints, FINRA actually cooperates with the SEC quite a bit and flags suspicious behavior regularly.

I'd rather not have the foxes giving input on henhouse security, but whatever. If that's the way it has to be done. For now.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

I came here because of EVE Online. I flew with Goonswarm. I'm not proud.

I expect a fair number of new regs are J4Gs, though I doubt many find their way to D&D.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

It's almost too bad I'm not a J4G because JT J4G is a pretty sick burn

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ReidRansom posted:

I'd rather not have the foxes giving input on henhouse security, but whatever. If that's the way it has to be done. For now.
Yeah, at this point it's just catch the little fish so the big fish go free.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
The Popehat guy has been tweeting about how Reid definitely got beat up by the mob. I know he's always been a little bit :shepface: but when did he actually go insane?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

I expected more attention on his outing of a scheme by which school board members exploited the stipend system to personally extract somewhere between $25,000,000 over eight years to $40,000,000 over 14 years. He outs a great scheme and then a month later suspiciously commits suicide?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Accretionist posted:

I expected more attention on his outing of a scheme by which school board members exploited the stipend system to personally extract somewhere between $25,000,000 over eight years to $40,000,000 over 14 years. He outs a great scheme and then a month later suspiciously commits suicide?

Then his right hand man does too, well guess this investigation will just have to be tabled. :shrug:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

The fact that literally everyone is just falling in line and saying "ayup, definitely a suicide, nothing suspicious here" throws me a little considering the circumstances.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
They just need about 10,000 more and things can really get solved in Missouri

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
The Missouri GOP put a bust of Rush Limbaugh in the state capitol, so literally murdering people does not seem that farfetched.

Toasticle
Jul 18, 2003

Hay guys, out this Rape
Sorry but you're not a D&D vet if you didn't post during the era of FAAQ, FoodMotivated, Ferretball (he can tell Muslim women by the musky smell of their vaginas), VoiceOfReason, Czar the human/whale hybrid and getting to see pictures of a mod fingering his rear end in a top hat. Or watching all the libertarian posters get more and more mocked and given puppy avatars before they all left in a huff. The rest I've thankfully blocked out.

McCain does have an impressive dick though. VoiceOfReason angrily screaming for pages about how Kerrys Purple Heart couldn't be real because his extensive knowledge of physics writing video games proves the shrapnel could not pierce skin and getting his name changed to VoiceOfTreason and his meltdown is burned into my brain.

Or the glory of Qalnar(?)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Toasticle posted:

Sorry but you're not a D&D vet if you didn't post during the era of FAAQ, FoodMotivated, Ferretball (he can tell Muslim women by the musky smell of their vaginas), VoiceOfReason, Czar the human/whale hybrid and getting to see pictures of a mod fingering his rear end in a top hat. Or watching all the libertarian posters get more and more mocked and given puppy avatars before they all left in a huff. The rest I've thankfully blocked out.

McCain does have an impressive dick though. VoiceOfReason angrily screaming for pages about how Kerrys Purple Heart couldn't be real because his extensive knowledge of physics writing video games proves the shrapnel could not pierce skin and getting his name changed to VoiceOfTreason and his meltdown is burned into my brain.

Or the glory of Qalnar(?)

You forgot one very important player in the history of D&D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Got my new PAC registered! http://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/dcdev/forms/C00574905/1000707/

• Locked thread