Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

univbee posted:

yeah, if this is an april fool's they put in a lot of effort to making it look legit

googling it says its not

google maps has unveiled their april fools joke tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bL02GyIsKw

:kimchi:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i hope one day to stop screaming

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i hope one day to stop screaming

eh, it'll grow back.

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

duTrieux. posted:

i bought an 'herb grinder' on saturday, was told it would arrive monday, and received it sunday

don't post my drug habits

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

It's strange to me that hippos in the wild are actually extremely dangerous, they don't seem like they would be but if you get too close to a group of them they will gently caress you up. A lot of people die from hippo attacks every year, seems like a hosed up way to go.

Broken Machine fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 1, 2015

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

mad.radhu posted:

I saw one of these in Frys the other day, they're gigantic

initially neil designed it so enfeebled old men like himself could have a portable audio device that didnt have the tiny little buttons that confound their arthritic hands so

but they added some bs about it putting back in touch with music because bitrate (which is totally obvious, especially to old cranks with massive hearing loss due to age and years of standing next to guitar amps screaming louder than death)

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

It's a personal pineapple

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!

Broken Machine posted:

It's strange to me that Hippos in the wild are actually extremely dangerous, they don't seem like they would be but if you get too close to a group of them they will gently caress you up. A lot of people die from hippo attacks every year, seems like a hosed up way to go.

yea man this poo poo harmless

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Broken Machine posted:

It's strange to me that Hippos in the wild are actually extremely dangerous, they don't seem like they would be but if you get too close to a group of them they will gently caress you up. A lot of people die from hippo attacks every year, seems like a hosed up way to go.

hippos are the most dangerous animal in africa

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Broken Machine posted:

doesn't even have to be a group. most other animals there's at least a semi-decent chance they won't utterly destroy you if you stumble on them accidentally, either leaving you alone or being spooked and running off, but hippos are insanely territorial and deceptively fast

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

wesley snypes posted:

yea man this poo poo harmless

They're mostly herbivores though

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Broken Machine posted:

They're mostly herbivores though

do you really think that matters?

quote:

However, due to their aggression and size, adult hippopotamus are not usually predated by other animals. Cases where large lion prides or cooperating groups of Nile crocodiles have successfully preyed on adult hippopotamus have been reported, however, this is exceptionally rare.[69][70] Crocodiles are frequent targets of hippo aggression, probably because they often inhabit the same riparian habitats; crocodiles may be either aggressively displaced or killed by hippopotamuses.[70] Hippos are also very aggressive towards humans, whom they sometimes attack whether in boats or on land, commonly with no apparent provocation, and are widely considered to be one of the most dangerous large animals in Africa.[71][72]

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

it literally takes an entire pride of lions to down a single goddamn hippo

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

duTrieux. posted:

it literally takes an entire pride of lions to down a single goddamn hippo

right but, compare manatees to hippos. They're about the same size, have somewhat similar diets and are harmless.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

im the guy with the camera who smiles contently the entire time

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xUzVMyEe2U

can sum1 trell me where 2 get more of thsui

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Broken Machine posted:

right but, compare manatees to hippos. They're about the same size, have somewhat similar diets and are harmless.

they look similar but have very different evolutionary paths

basically hippos as a species are all assholes and it's okay to admit that

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Broken Machine posted:

sea bulk doesn't count the same way as land bulk

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

echinopsis posted:

im the guy with the camera who smiles contently the entire time

a white man getting his balls smashed? that's quality entertainment right there.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

steve irwin once described having to cross a river with a bunch of hippos in it as the most dangerous thing they've ever put to film

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G2MtdI1bLk

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

duTrieux. posted:

steve irwin once described having to cross a river with a bunch of hippos in it as the most dangerous thing they've ever put to film

except handling stingrays

salted hash browns
Mar 26, 2007
ykrop

Panty Saluter posted:

except handling stingrays

sheeeeeeeet

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
a a a a a a a a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVgPClj7ZYI

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

did u make that

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Fayez Butts posted:

did u make that

i tried to rip a scratched scientology dvd. the keyframes and audio interleaving got hosed up. i have plans to use some of the footage in projects later, maybe

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
hey everybody, ever dreamed of living in a world where technology is as advanced as star trek? well, now you can live it for real!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw72zFX2rsk

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
step on my balls w/ a selfie shoe

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the atacama large millimeter array

they feed into

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

for a second i thought that the radio telescopes themselves were millimeter-scale

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

vOv posted:

for a second i thought that the radio telescopes themselves were millimeter-scale

correct, but in large millimeters

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

these things are incredibly well-done and the realistic animal head thing is one hell of a rhetorical choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

for real

• Locked thread