Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!
Awesome, thanks! We'll be doing a lot of that.

Do you think car clubs would interested in use of our stuff for a day? We're trying to think of a variety of fundraisers.

Edit: Pi day party tomorrow night if you want to drop by.

Hillridge fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I'm trying to organize a Nerf War / HvZ game in the park near my house this Spring if anyone is interested.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I'm trying to organize a Nerf War / HvZ game in the park near my house this Spring if anyone is interested.

haha yes

I wonder how long it would take to build a Nerf crew serve mount for my wrangler.

Sandbagger SA fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 14, 2015

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Can I bring the Vulcan?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
I'm knee-deep in getting my company up and running, so doubtful that I'll be Nerf-ing any time soon. :(

I'm happy to see MakeItLabs expanding. I wish I had access to that sort of stuff here, but our local Maker group is a wandering group with no space and no equipment. I'm building up my shop instead.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT
:siren: NEAI Junkyard Crawl this Saturday, April 2nd :siren:

Featuring such NEAI celebrities as Kastein and Slow is Fast, this crawl will include screaming, cursing, throwing of tools, breaking of windows and general mayhem. Some parts may even be pulled. Starting at 8am sharp. PM me for my phone number if you want to come along. Everyone is invited, goons can't ruin something we don't own, after all.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Saturday is April 4th, but everything else is accurate.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I am moving in about a week and have a set of:

Winter Tyres on steel wheels for a VW Jetta/Golf
Set of Alloy Wheels with 2 new crappy brand tyres for a 2002 Ford Focus

Both are free to anyone who wants to collect them in Arlington MA.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Going to Wethersfield DMV tomorrow to register a 92 Chevy c1500 104k 5.0 2wd reg cab.

Guess how much sales tax they charge me on it, closest w/o going over wins a DMV ballpoint pen.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

always be closing posted:

Going to Wethersfield DMV tomorrow to register a 92 Chevy c1500 104k 5.0 2wd reg cab.

Guess how much sales tax they charge me on it, closest w/o going over wins a DMV ballpoint pen.

$1700 x 6.350% = $107.95

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

$1280.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Do they blue book like texas?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

kastein posted:

It's Easter Saturday, gonna be with family. Otherwise, I'd be there.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

sharkytm posted:

It's Easter Saturday, gonna be with family. Otherwise, I'd be there.

drat! One of the yards is the freetown one, and I still have an air impact with your name on it...

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Mr-Spain posted:

Do they blue book like texas?

Correct.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

Actually, they use NADA average trade-in as the basis if the vehicle is 1991 or newer. When registering a truck there is also this glorious bullshit :

http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=802&q=270592

For the TL:DR, that is the sliding scale that Connecticut uses to determine the extra combination fee they charge you for the right to register a pickup truck. Essentially, Connecticut charges you as a commercial user on truck registrations, regardless of intended use. That means a minimum of $100 for the privilege of driving around in a truck. The max goes up over $300, all based on GVW.

There is a way around it depending on how lenient your town tax assessor is, which varies heavily from town to town. Registering it as an antique removes the combination penalty, but also at least in theory restricts you from placing anything in the bed. The problem, as I said before, is your tax assessor. Because of the revenue loss from antique plate abuse, (some) towns are starting to crack down on antique plate usage - you have to prove your vehicle's antique status to your assessor with a series of forms and sometimes a visual inspection or some bullshit. Ironically, the state doesn't care either way, this is all at the town level. Antique plates are otherwise entirely unrestricted, other than, you know, the age of the vehicle.

ACEofsnett fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 1, 2015

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Lmao oh lord. Antique plate is 25 years right? Also, when I went in today there were 80 ppl in the lower hallway waiting in line just to go up and get a ticket in the public room.

They were closed last weekend and the early part of this week for remodeling, must be all backed up.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

kastein posted:

I wish I didn't have national guard duty.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

Lmao oh lord. Antique plate is 25 years right? Also, when I went in today there were 80 ppl in the lower hallway waiting in line just to go up and get a ticket in the public room.

They were closed last weekend and the early part of this week for remodeling, must be all backed up.

Don't go to Wethersfield, Waterbury or Bridgeport, ever. Go to New Britain, Enfield or Putnam and get there an hour before they open. Also it's 20 years on antique plates, 25 on emissions.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I've genuinely had pretty good experiences in Wethersfield. I think the problem was they were closed earlier this week for the upgrades, and later in the week, the other branches were closed.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Yo gently caress OSHA

(We only overflowed the jerry can a little before ripping the wire out of the connector)

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Just got out of DMV after registering the trick mentioned above. I wouldn't have had time to register, but some angry man have me his ticket as he stormed out, saved me at least 2 hours.

I registered my 92 as a classic (lmao) and paid $6.35 in tax on my $100 purchase price. $113.35 total charge.

Emissions in July, do they visually inspect for a cat? Truck has a straight pipe ATM, but I'll be welding a new muffler in, and might as well grab a high flow cat and build a whole exhaust of they'll fail me, or it won't pass the sniffer.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Test cutting some stickers. I'll have more later or the full #NEWENGLANDAI if people want, IDGAF

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Slow is Fast posted:

Test cutting some stickers. I'll have more later or the full #NEWENGLANDAI if people want, IDGAF
Yes, please.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Count me in for an #NEAI in black, please.

elektrotechnik
Sep 7, 2012
I'll take three #NEAI, please. Any color is cool

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

On my way to BT's Smokehouse for lunch. :cool:

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Super Aggro Crag posted:

On my way to BT's Smokehouse for lunch. :cool:

Which ones that? Farmington? I'll blow the air horn when I roll past in 45min.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Right off Exit 9 on the Pike in Sturbridge.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
I made a ton of very small neai stickers by accident. I'll have to post some pics tomorrow.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Possible NEAI 5 at my place this summer. One of the weekends between July 4th and August 22nd. Let me know which one is the best one for you guys and I'll plan for it. So far I have a ton of venison, a smoker, a regular grill and a turkey fryer. NoiseComplaint is volunteering to cook also and if anyone here has had the pleasure of trying out his cooking then you know how exciting that is.

I have plenty of space for camping, 2 couches and a sleeper couch along with plenty of floor space if you have an air mattress or whatever. Id really like for people not to drink and drive plus the next day breakfast hangover trip for disco fries is one of the best parts.

Also if anyone is interested in chipping in for a keg Id get one from my step uncles brewery. He makes amazing beer and its local to my town. Itd be around $200 and totally worth it.

shy boy from chess club fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 18, 2015

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Fart Pipe posted:

Possible NEAI 5 at my place this summer. One of the weekends between July 4th and August 22nd. Let me know which one is the best one for you guys and I'll plan for it. So far I have a ton of venison, a smoker, a regular grill and a turkey fryer. NoiseComplaint is volunteering to cook also and if anyone here has had the pleasure of trying out his cooking then you know how exciting that is.

I have plenty of space for camping, 2 couches and a sleeper couch along with plenty of floor space if you have an air mattress or whatever. Id really like for people not to drink and drive plus the next day breakfast hangover trip for disco fries is one of the best parts.

Also if anyone is interested in chipping in for a keg Id get one from my step uncles brewery. He makes amazing beer and its local to my town. Itd be around $200 and totally worth it.

:ohdear:

YES YES YES

11-12 JUL and 1-2 AUG are bad for me on account of those being the dates that I play army. Pretty inflexible there.

Just about any other weekend is good though. I should have my 13' vintage camper ready to go by then too.

Is Corn Chips still around? :3

Sandbagger SA fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 18, 2015

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Shes still around but my aunt (that live in front) stole her by feeding her more so she doesnt come visit me anymore :(

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Late June up until July 19th does NOT work for me due to NEFR prep.

I'd be in for a keg.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I'll toss in for a keg too. Aug 1 is bad for me, I have a wedding I need to attend that weekend in california.

Speaking of which: BAY AREA GOONS STALKING OUR RUST THREAD, I will be in your area in late July and early August. Start finding rust free Brats a few weeks before that and peer pressure chrisgt into flying out with me so we can drive one home.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The weekend of August the 15th is no go for me, but I'm otherwise clear.

I can chip in for wunderbier, or bring another case of mountain brew lite. Your choice.:c00lbutt:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I should be around any of those weekends. I'll throw down for the keg too of course.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I'll also do a huge run of NEAI stickers.

We should do the voting box thing for which weekend like Sandbagger set up for I think #2 or something.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Depending on production schedule, I'd be down for a meeting. I could use a break from working 7 days/100+ hours a week. Even if I don't show, I'll chip in for the keg. Hell, even if I go, I'll barely drink anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
This should work.

http://doodle.com/h39ivtk233h4iwa9

I had to adjust the dates. New poll.

Sandbagger SA fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 18, 2015

• Locked thread