Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Y the last man is very good so far, glad the recommendation was spot on

4 volumes in, I'm a bit baffled how it can be 10 volumes though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lencho posted:

I don't hate you, but you are the worst everything ever.

Let's not be harsh here. She seems so much earnest, more than us cynical bastards. You keep on liking whatever the gently caress that band was wicked.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cynicism is the natural order. It must be enforced.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Madkal posted:

Let's not be harsh here. She seems so much earnest, more than us cynical bastards. You keep on liking whatever the gently caress that band was wicked.

Thank you, I will! :) Honestly, if anyone ever compares me to D_T, this is my RHatO. I could talk for hours about them because oh my god I love this band so much. But I get that the masks can seem kind of silly to some people, and rap isn't for everyone.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WickedHate posted:

Thank you, I will! :) Honestly, if anyone ever compares me to D_T, this is my RHatO. I could talk for hours about them because oh my god I love this band so much. But I get that the masks can seem kind of silly to some people, and rap isn't for everyone.
Having listened to that song, you would have loved the radio in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Quit pickin' on teens, you guys.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Endless Mike posted:

Having listened to that song, you would have loved the radio in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Yeah, it was a really great time for music back then. That era was one of rock's highest points ever and when rap started getting good at all.

Also, Semisonic. Completely different sound then what's being discussed now, but I know that's the time they were around and holy poo poo, Semisonic is really good. And Oasis!

Basically yeah, 90s/early 2000s music across most genres is bonzer as hell.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 1, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

All of yall are watching The Flash right?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Excuse me while I make sure all my koRn stuff remains buried.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Quit pickin' on teens, you guys.

I'm just impressed with how consistently she has the worst loving opinions.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

I'm just impressed with how consistently she has the worst loving opinions.

Let he without terrible taste in their teen years cast the first hyperbole

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

Y the last man is very good so far, glad the recommendation was spot on

4 volumes in, I'm a bit baffled how it can be 10 volumes though

Nearly every long-run Vertigo series could have done with editorial saying "Do we really need this arc?" a bit more forcefully.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

WickedHate posted:

Yeah, it was a really great time for music back then. That era was one of rock's highest points ever and when rap started getting good at all.

jesus h. christ

since this is a comic book forum and all, i'm going to have to strongly recommend that you read Hip-Hop Family Tree and, y'know, maybe turn your life around

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

WickedHate posted:

That era was when rap started getting good at all.
:dogbutton:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

jesus h. christ

since this is a comic book forum and all, i'm going to have to strongly recommend that you read Hip-Hop Family Tree and, y'know, maybe turn your life around

Yeah, sorry, I just cannot stand 80s rap in anyway but ironically.

Madkal posted:

I can confidently say that no matter what happens I will always love Notes From The Underground and American Tragedy, no matter how far into the future. They're the kind of songs you build your life around, you know? They're timeless.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

WickedHate posted:

I can confidently say that no matter what happens I will always love Notes From The Underground and American Tragedy, no matter how far into the future. They're the kind of songs you build your life around, you know? They're timeless.

this is getting bleak.

read the comic, it's good & you might learn something.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

WickedHate posted:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

Hey I'll have you know I had excellent taste in high school and I just lost every CD I ever bought accidentally and definitely didn't intentionally sell them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

WickedHate posted:

Holy loving poo poo, I missed this one, your opinions are so bad they border on being racist.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

Holy loving poo poo, I missed this one, your opinions are so bad they border on being racist.

I'm Asian and two of HU(including the best one) are Hispanic, so I don't think that's it. The artform just had a really rough start. It's not like I'm saying rap got good when white people/Eminem started rapping. I think the Beastie Boys were as bad as anyone else was.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 1, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm not white, can't be racist

WickedHate is BSS's Clawshrimpy

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I think you're over reacting, but I also haven't listen to much new music since before Ultimate Spider-Man

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm not white, can't be racist

That's not what I'm saying. The implication is that I didn't like rap when it was mostly just a black thing as opposed to when more white people became rappers, so that I'm not white is pretty relevent when asking "Is WickedHate a white supremicist who thinks things invented by African-Americans are better when done by white people?"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

WickedHate posted:

I'm Asian and two of HU(including the best one) are Hispanic, so I don't think that's it. The artform just had a really rough start. It's not like I'm saying rap got good when white people started rapping. I think the Beastie Boys were as bad as anyone else was.

If you don't think there was any good rap in the first 20-30 years of it's existence as a genre you are racist, even if you are black. Or just a complete loving dumbass.

Edit: Racist might be pushing it, it's entirely possible she just has no cultural literacy to the point it might be considered a physical handicap.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 1, 2015

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

WickedHate posted:

You should listen to their music. :colbert: I highly reccomend Notes From The Underground or American Tragedy, the former is by far their best album yet with the latter second. Like every single song off on them are infinity out of five. Their new album is good too, but still not as good as those.

They also have new masks, although yes, that is a pretty bad video. Song is great though.

Can confirm that song is in fact not great. Might possibly be considered a NATO War Crime. But more power to you if you can actually listen to this and not be violently ill.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Skwirl posted:

If you don't think there was any good rap in the first 20-30 years of it's existence as a genre you are racist, even if you are black. Or just a complete loving dumbass.

Edit: Racist might be pushing it, it's entirely possible she just has no cultural literacy to the point it might be considered a physical handicap.

Also one of rocks highest points. Ignoring the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I told you to stop pickin' on teens.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Deadpool posted:

Can confirm that song is in fact not great. Might possibly be considered a NATO War Crime. But more power to you if you can actually listen to this and not be violently ill.

Why....why does it take that many people to make music that bad?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Deadpool posted:

Honestly, HU is the kind of thing to me that seems good to the point that the only way someone wouldn't like their stuff is just not being into that style to begin with, but that's a flaw on my part. I tend to get really, really into the things I like and it's hard for me to get why someone wouldn't like something I'm in love with. I really need to work on that.

Skwirl posted:

Not literally one hundred percent of them, but I'd still call it a bad part of rap history as a whole.

bobkatt013 posted:

Also one of rocks highest points. Ignoring the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's.

70s was good, but the 80's success was more in the area of pop. I don't really like rock from the 50s and 60s at all, except Johnny Cash, who's also the only country singer I like very much.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 1, 2015

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

WickedHate posted:

Honestly, HU is the kind of thing to me that seems good to the point that the only way someone wouldn't like their stuff is just not being into that style to begin with, but that's a flaw on my part. I tend to get really, really into the things I like and it's hard for me to get why someone wouldn't like something I'm in love with. I really need to work on that.

Not literally one hundred percent of them, but I'd still call it a bad part of rap history as a whole.

You are either a racist or so dumb I don't think you should be allowed to drive a car.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

You are either a racist or so dumb I don't think you should be allowed to drive a car.

I can't drive and haven't gotten my license.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

WickedHate posted:

I can't drive and haven't gotten my license.

God bless us for the small miracles. (Also, assuming you live in North America, who the gently caress doesn't learn to drive by 19?)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

(Also, assuming you live in North America, who the gently caress doesn't learn to drive by 19?)

I'm not really good at most adult things because I'm genuinely autistic and mentally ill. Also can't pay bills and stuff like that. Or tie and write neatly, to be honest. I get by though, it's not a huge deal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can we just stop shredding the teenage girl's entire life now?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

But seriously, Hip Hop Family Tree is a great comic about an important time period in music.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

I don't really feel bad, no worries. People just have different tastes.

Ghostlight posted:

But seriously, Hip Hop Family Tree is a great comic about an important time period in music.

I'll check it out if I ever see it.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

I'm not a big fan of Hip Hop, but that's a really great book.

Are there any other good books about music out there? I started to read Phonogram a while back and it was so pretentious that I couldn't finish it.

WickedHate posted:

I don't really feel bad, no worries. People just have different tastes.

I used to love Korn and Nu-metal back in the day, then I discovered thrash and death metal and never looked back (to be fair, I don't know if that's really a progress).

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

WickedHate posted:

I'm not really good at most adult things because I'm genuinely autistic and mentally ill. Also can't pay bills and stuff like that. Or tie and write neatly, to be honest. I get by though, it's not a huge deal.

I was pretty on to the making fun if you until this post.

Leave Brittany alone guys.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Yeah even I have to admit it's depressing at this point. Maybe she should stop saying the dumbest thing possible though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Yeah even I have to admit it's depressing at this point. Maybe she should stop saying the dumbest thing possible though?

If she has the issues she says maybe this is her way of dealing with it. If DT is welcome here then WickedHate should be as well.

• Locked thread