Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I don't think you can go lower than this

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/31/why-harry-reids-home-exercise-accident-story-does-not-add-up/

Breitbart "proves" that Harry Reid was lying about how he got his eye damage.

jesus loving christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Wow. That story is low low low. It's his business what happened to hurt him. It's not mine. Leave it.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/31/why-harry-reids-home-exercise-accident-story-does-not-add-up/

jesus loving christ

You could say it's even maybe stretching long on being borderline HIPAA violation too. Also they've clearly no idea about geriatric injuries and trauma. I've seen an elderly woman blow her knee into absolute pieces from changing her bed sheets.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

And guess who had a part in the article

Steven Crowder and his Dad

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I am traveling (and am currently in) the aforementioned state where a lot of controversy is happening.

I honestly had a bit of fun listening to the radio today though. You know who makes Rush Limbaugh seem downright compassionate and well meaning? AFA Radio. I realize it sounds like I'm kidding, but some of the stuff I heard on that station? Well, I know now what a radio station that is ran by the 50's era Klu Klux Klan would sound like.

Highlights?

-Todd Starnes using the terms "Vicious" to describe those for LGBT rights. I kept hearing strong words to describe those on the left, this will be a running theme
-Todd Starnes also used the strawman argument bitching about how companies and LGBT rights groups do not go after countries in the middle east for their treatment of homosexuals, yet target CHRISTIANS.
-"LGBT RIGHTS MACHINE, AND THEIR FRIENDS ON THE SECULAR LEFT. THEY HAVE A LOT OF MONEY, A LOT OF SUPPORT FROM "BIG BUSINESS"."-Afternoon guy.
-"IT ONLY SERVES TO PROTECT PEOPLE TO PROTECT THEIR CHRISTIAN CONVICTIONS"-Afernoon guy (Tim Wildman (sp?) I guess is his name)
- "They make it sound like we're discriminating against gay people, and they can deny them service"-Afternoon guy
-"The law is designed to protect the christian from being forced to bake a cake for a gay couple. The SECULAR media is framing this wrong"-Afternoon guy
-"This is about PUNISHING the christian about taking part in something immoral"-Afternoon guy
-"I know Mike Pence. He's a solid human being"-Afternoon guy
-"I think the opponents won't be satisfied until this law is repealed" (No poo poo)-Afternoon Guy.
-"It could serve a good purpose to allow the LGBT community to be "smoked" out by pence clarifiying this"-Afternoon Guy
--"GLBT machine has become so powerful. They only represent 2 percent of the population. Not ALL of them are rabid supporters."-Afternoon Guy
-"How is the gay machine so powerful?" "This didn't come through a reasoned rationable debate. This came from "imagination". We went from the Cosby Show, to Will and Grace, and now MODERN FAMILY. The FAMILY was where you went to solve you problem. There is a POWEFUL LOBBY, and the culture is changing. This is one of the fruits of the Sexual revolution"-Afternoon Guy
-Janet Parshall called in and insisted that being "gay" should not be protected because it's something you can "choose" to be. She said that being black, or white is something you cannot choose to be. Therefore being gay should not be protected.
-She insisted that the Indiana law was the same as the federal law on the books.

Other poo poo was said about "state's rights" and other vaguely racist lingo during my listening of this.

Again. These people were so terrible, they made Rush Limbaugh look like your average D and D poster. Also I think Mike Pence is very much in their pocket as evidence by many of their comments.

e2: One of the guys actually said that Methodists were not true Christians because of recent policies they've introduced for the Church.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 31, 2015

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Just a friendly reminder Bob Jones unbanned interracial dating in 2000

Also relevant, Bob jones University Alumni were behind the creation of both Accelerated Christian Education (A.C.E.) and ABEKA, both of which serve as feeder programs for places like BJU.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 1, 2015

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

So Kevin Sorbo (Hercules) is doing a Reddit AMA if you'd like to subject yourself to that: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/30xelu/i_am_the_real_hercules_and_the_first_captain/

found this in there. what a shithead

quote:

"Ferguson riots have very little to do with the shooting of the young man. It is an excuse to be the losers these animals truly are. It is a tipping point to frustration built up over years of not trying, but blaming everyone else, The Man, for their failures. It's always someone else's fault when you give up. Hopefully this is a reminder to the African Americans (I always thought we just Americans. Oh, well.) that their President the voted in has only made things worse for them, not better."
-Kevin Sorbo

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
James O'Keefe Loses Libel Suit Over Landrieu Incident

quote:

on Monday, a federal court in New Jersey dismissed a libel suit O'Keefe filed against legal news website MainJustice. In August 2013,MainJustice published an article referring to a 2010 incident in which O'Keefe and his associates posed as telephone technicians to gain access to the offices of then–Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.). O'Keefe and three othersultimately pleaded guilty to the misdemeanor charge of entering federal property under false pretenses.

In its original article, MainJustice said that O'Keefe was "apparently trying to bug" Landrieu's offices. After O'Keefe complained, the website changed the sentence to read that O'Keefe and his associates "were trying to tamper with Landrieu's phones." Still, O'Keefe sued, alleging that both characterizations were defamatory because they implied he had committed a felony. MainJustice countered that the language wasn't defamatory because the substance of the article was true, and the site accurately described the legal proceedings triggered by the episode.

gently caress you O'Keefe

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Got a cite? I remember that the issue was overblown but I seemed to recall while more conservative groups were given increased scrutiny, none lost their status and in fact, a few liberal groups did.

Here ya go:

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2014/04/23/3429722/irs-records-tea-party/

So yes, more progressive groups were targeted for increased scrutiny than conservative ones.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The fact that little poo poo has a hundred grand laying around to pay off the defamation Acorn suit and I'm sure a lot more left over makes my blood boil.

At least Breitbart is dead.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

jesus loving christ

I love how they turned to Rush Limbaugh for an opinion on exercise equipment.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

joeburz posted:

found this in there. what a shithead
I thought one could just emptyquote the hilarity of asserting that the "Ferguson riots have very little to do with the shooting of the young man"

but then he follows that up with equating civil rights advocates as "animals" so :wow:

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

FuzzySkinner posted:

the culture is changing. This is one of the fruits of the Sexual revolution"-Afternoon Guy
Well, he's not wrong...he's just a shithead for thinking it's bad.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Anyone need a new avatar?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Goatman Sacks posted:

I love how they turned to Rush Limbaugh for an opinion on exercise equipment.

Why not? Underneath his rotund bulk lies the drug free and chiseled abs of a true American hero.

But no, seriously, that is the height of loving irony right there.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm in Indiana and whoever suggested listening to the radio here, thank you. This poo poo is so insane and so good.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Well, he's not wrong...he's just a shithead for thinking it's bad.

The Cosby Show seems to be microcosm of what the evangelical right believes in of the supposed "family values" era.. On the surface, nice family show with easy problems and nothing bad ever happens to those people ever. Beyond that? A sociopath who drugged and raped women, and sold out his own daughter's drug abuse to keep his name out of the tabloids.

The GOP is truly hosed with these people guiding the ship, and trust me, they are.
"

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

FuzzySkinner posted:

The Cosby Show seems to be microcosm of what the evangelical right believes in of the supposed "family values" era.. On the surface, nice family show with easy problems and nothing bad ever happens to those people ever. Beyond that? A sociopath who drugged and raped women, and sold out his own daughter's drug abuse to keep his name out of the tabloids.

The GOP is truly hosed with these people guiding the ship, and trust me, they are.
"

The show was wildly popular during the 1980's also helps this point.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I love angry Matt Walsh

quote:

The Republican Party continues to sicken me. I've never before seen such a flimsy group of trembling little wimps. In fact, I recorded this podcast after the Indiana Republican retreat on religious freedom, but now I'm hearing that the Republican governor of Arkansas has bowed to gay mafia pressure and pledged to veto their own religious freedom bill because -- and I'm paraphrasing -- liberals are scary when they get mad and all this controversy makes his tummy hurt.

Seriously, conservatives need to finally take the red pill and realize that the Republican Party is nothing but an elaborate scam constructed to siphon your votes and your soul but give you nothing in return. Because that's what the Republicans have given conservatives: nothing.

And the worst part is that they have such an easy job. It should be EASY to explain why religious freedom is important. Maybe not easy to get liberals on board, but you should be able to communicate and defend these ideals, for God's sake.

This podcast is about the religious freedom bill surrender, but I could make one titled "Republicans are spineless cowards" every single day, because every day provides new examples.

Bumbling, stumbling, backtracking, scared little puppy dogs. If we knew what was good for us we'd finally disband this useless party and start a new one that actually stands for something:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Ha ha ha!

That's me laughing at a political party who doesn't understand why people aren't cheering their own benefits being taken away to "break them of government dependence" and doesn't understand why an elected official might do something in response to public pressure instead of just explaining why those people are wrong.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Seriously, conservatives need to finally take the red pill and realize that the Republican Party is nothing but an elaborate scam constructed to siphon your votes and your soul but give you nothing in return.

Hey, he's right!

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

I love angry Matt Walsh

He's sort of right on the fact that the party won't deliver. Why should they desire blanket bans of abortion or the extermination of all gays when they can just dangle the issues in front of voters and then go "whoops, tried my best!" when somehow abortion still isn't banned and gays still walk the Earth.

I want to see the business republicans and the tea partiers eat each other. Aw yiss.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
This RFRA deal has really stirred things up eh?
The local AM "independent libertarian" was very upset by all of this today, especially the fact that the pizza place is temporarily closing.

I've only been able to find one article about it: http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/01/memories-pizza-closes-indiana-deny-service-gay-wedding/

quote:

Memories Pizza -- the first Indiana business to declare it would refuse LGBT business -- got blasted on the Internet and by phone, but the owner says there's been a huge misunderstanding ... sorta.
Kevin O’Connor tells TMZ he's had to temporarily close his business after he told a reporter he would refuse to cater a gay wedding under Indiana's new Religious Freedom Restoration Act. O'Connor says he was immediately flooded by threatening phone calls, and social media postings.
O'Connor wants to clear up one thing: He says he would never deny service to gay people in his restaurant. However, due to his religious beliefs, he does not believe in gay marriage ... and that's why he wouldn't service one.
Meanwhile, he says the threats have been serious enough that he's closing his pizza joint ... at least until the dust settles.
Indiana's controversial law has raised a lot of questions, not the least of which is ... what gay wedding would hire a pizza place to cater?

The local AM guy was going on about how this dust up was like the left was walking the battlefield after the war and shooting the wounded in the head, metaphorically speaking of course.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Xibanya posted:

He's sort of right on the fact that the party won't deliver. Why should they desire blanket bans of abortion or the extermination of all gays when they can just dangle the issues in front of voters and then go "whoops, tried my best!" when somehow abortion still isn't banned and gays still walk the Earth.

I want to see the business republicans and the tea partiers eat each other. Aw yiss.

The right knows that it will never, ever manage to ban abortion or exterminate the gays. This is part of why those are such powerful issues to harp on. Same with ending all social programs or returning America to the 19th century. This poo poo is literally impossible. The only thing that matters is what gets votes and what keeps the party in power. The Republicans give no shits about anything in reality except that one fact of "do whatever gets votes."

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

I'm sure his sugar daddy will bail him out.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm starting to think we should've played that whole "Mike Pence state run news org" thing closer to the vest. I would've really loved to see their headlines right now :(

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

This RFRA deal has really stirred things up eh?
The local AM "independent libertarian" was very upset by all of this today, especially the fact that the pizza place is temporarily closing.

I've only been able to find one article about it: http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/01/memories-pizza-closes-indiana-deny-service-gay-wedding/

The local AM guy was going on about how this dust up was like the left was walking the battlefield after the war and shooting the wounded in the head, metaphorically speaking of course.

Conservatives generally don't believe in war crimes or the Geneva Conventions to begin with, so, uh, good?

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Seriously, conservatives need to finally take the red pill and realize that the Republican Party is nothing but an elaborate scam constructed to siphon your votes and your soul but give you nothing in return.
As they often say over in Freepertown: Broken clock, twice a day, etc.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

icantfindaname posted:

Conservatives generally don't believe in war crimes or the Geneva Conventions to begin with, so, uh, good?

They remember them when they can use them to paint liberals as terrorist sympathizer, like when those black water contractors were strung up and wingnuts blamed their deaths on anti-war Democrats.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I'm sure his sugar daddy will bail him out.

Who's bankrolling him now that Breitbart is dead?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Xibanya posted:

If you solve a wedge issue, you need to find a new one for the next election, and there's no guarantee of success if you try it.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Basic human decency = "gay mafia".

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

beatlegs posted:

Basic human decency = "gay mafia".

Bryan Fischer spooks the AFA rabble by saying gays want to round you up and put you in jail.....while he actively campaigns for places like Uganda to jail people for being gay.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Bryan Fischer spooks the AFA rabble by saying gays want to round you up and put you in jail.....while he actively campaigns for places like Uganda to jail Kill people for being gay.

Fixed for you.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I do enjoy seeing Matt Walsh seethe with impotent, conserva-hipster rage :allears:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

How are u posted:

I do enjoy seeing Matt Walsh seethe with impotent, conserva-hipster rage :allears:

I enjoy any hipster rage. They are as bad as yuppies.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Haha

Breitbart's John Nolte

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Haha

Breitbart's John Nolte

Is that a picture of Al Bundy? Come on, even Al had some loving class.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Bryan Fischer spooks the AFA rabble by saying gays want to round you up and put you in jail.....while he actively campaigns for places like Uganda to jail people for being gay.

No see, they're Christian. Muslims are the bigots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

"Our precious freedom to openly treat people like poo poo is being taken away" :cry: