Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Fusion also has good responsible management that treats their players well, which is another reason to like them in the shady mess that is NA challenger.

Good call, this too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lightning Knight posted:

Why is Rek'Sai being first picked on this patch.

My immediate reaction:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I mean Phreak observed that non-Sejuani tank junglers haven't been popular in the LCS either but if you're going to go for a bruiser jungle they might as well have picked Vi, who has tank shred and guaranteed lockdown as well as comparable mobility to Rek'Sai.

I feel like teams overvalue Rek'Sai's sonar compared to what's left of the champion after the nerfs. I hope we don't see her anymore in competitive after the next round of nerfs because she isn't a competitive level pick (and is barely decent in solo queue anymore because they keep nerfing her into the ground).

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Maybe it's top Rek'sai?

(there is no good reason)

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Jesus Christ, I don't tune in for a month, then check out NA LCS and there's an Urgot mid that's winning??

They're on to the next game and there are unironic Alistar and Zac picks? What even is this patch, man??

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
My complicated prediction that I posted in the skype group that will make me a god if I'm right is as such:

incarnati0n will play for C9 in the summer split while Hai gets surgery and recovers. During this time, Hai will stay as an analyst/player-coach for them and once he is recovered they will assess the team. If they are on an upswing he will either stay on permanently as an analyst/coach/part-owner or replace the by-then 40 year-old lemonnation at support (who will transition to an analyst role in his stead). If the team is stagnant or doing worse, Hai will reclaim his mid position and incarnati0n will do whatever, I don't know.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I don't understand TDK's draft at all, and I don't think Fusion's is all that good.

But I like Sivir.

Oh well. Fight!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Zirene you're not supposed to admit you're reading a prompter. :psyduck:

quote:

incarnati0n will play for C9 in the summer split while Hai gets surgery and recovers.

That might not be a bad prediction honestly.

quote:

I don't understand TDK's draft at all, and I don't think Fusion's is all that good.

They seem to have picked a half-assed protect the carry comp, except Graves is a close range non-hypercarry AD caster carry who isn't suited to the comp, and Nidalee doesn't protect the carry well and her attack speed buff isn't as useful to Graves compared to, like, a Jinx.

I dunno what the hell Fusion has but they might just be yolo queueing at this point, they seem like the dominant team.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

I don't know why the casters are acting so surprised about LLL's performance this series, they were 2nd with a record of 6-4. They were the only team to take a game off Origen.

Yo the reason for this is that they are individually really pretty bad - Morsu and Kirei are the only legitimately good players all around on their team, CozQ's only strength is his champion pool and hybrid has to do a lot of work to make vizility relevant.

Add to that the fact that they literally run one strategy (4-1 splitpush everyday), which heavily depends on having a stronger splitpusher from toplane (meaning if you pick jax away from them, LLL have no gameplan once Jax outscales you) and the fact that they are bad at teamfighting unless morsu instagibs someone at the start or they force the enemy to engage on them badly with their (admittedly very well executed) splitpush pressure and it's hard think that a team that's generally been fairly smart about picks and bans like G2 would have failed to come up with a counter strategy.

As it happened, they did completely fail to come up with a good pick/ban strategy (wtf leblanc ban), gave Morsu one of his strongest picks, farted around badly in early laning and then tilted hard.

Also people shouldn't hype Incarnation... yet.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I realize that lulu is thought of as a lane counter to lebalnc, but it never really seems to work out that way.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean Phreak observed that non-Sejuani tank junglers haven't been popular in the LCS either but if you're going to go for a bruiser jungle they might as well have picked Vi, who has tank shred and guaranteed lockdown as well as comparable mobility to Rek'Sai.

Rek'sai has a global ultimate, Vi's mobility isn't remotely comparable.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Seraph gives up first blood, where have I seen that before

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
tier 2 towers going down to a solo sivir uncontested :fork:

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Jesus Christ, I don't tune in for a month, then check out NA LCS and there's an Urgot mid that's winning??

They're on to the next game and there are unironic Alistar and Zac picks? What even is this patch, man??

One item changed it.

I feel like TDK's entire game plan is "I see your meta, and declare 'gently caress it'"

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
ouch

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
holy poo poo what a throw

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

That was not ideal.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Wow that flash R from Zac was really solid. I want TDK to qualify, I really like the stuff they play.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Firebert posted:

holy poo poo what a throw

Fusion slowly threw this one away in a hilarious fashion. I think all of their main guys got solo picked in the mid game just doing arrogant fights and now it's all coming home to roost. Really bizarre decisions here.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Libertine posted:

Fusion slowly threw this one away in a hilarious fashion. I think all of their main guys got solo picked in the mid game just doing arrogant fights and now it's all coming home to roost. Really bizarre decisions here.

the fight top lane with an oom sion and a way out of position alistar swung this wide open

this Graves build is going to fall off hard late game, though

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Seraph with the four towers and inhib by himself

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Firstly all of the people predicting Hai secretly being replaced by Incarnati0n owe me money, and second Rek'sai is way more popular in LCS than Vi because the Sonar and free teleport really are that good. I expect we'll see her played until she's in Elise/Lee Sin/Eve nerf range simply from those two aspects.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

First pick Rek'Sai doing work in this game.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

First pick Rek'Sai doing work in this game.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
God drat. Bruiser Nidalee/mid lane Jayce LCS 2015!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I wish they showed Challenger Series on Azubu, riot games broadcasts are awful for me on Twitch

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

I wish they showed Challenger Series on Azubu, riot games broadcasts are awful for me on Twitch

fwiw the stream is awful for me on both right now with constant lag, and that seems to never be the case on Azubu.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Youtube is working great on my lovely home internet.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Firebert posted:

Rek'sai has a global ultimate, Vi's mobility isn't remotely comparable.

Which is strategic mobility, not tactical mobility, which is what I meant. :v:

I'm not saying Rek isn't useful, just that she's not good enough for the emphasis teams keep putting on her.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
So Seraph did manage to carry.

First pick ReK'Sai is dumb.

I still think the champ has a role but its a niche one: snowballing early lanes before a tank jungler gets traction and then transitioning into map pressure/split push with the mobility advantage

If you just try to play it normally its a real waste though, and if you get behind you're hosed.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i liked when seraph stopped feeding to completely ignore his team and fight the real battle, war cat versus buildings

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Is there some tactical reason they are banning Jayce? Is that like a pocket pick for TDK?

e: :siren: EVE PICK :siren: :riot: :barf:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
1st rotation zac and evelynn picks

lmao

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
wtf is happening

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I love Evelynn. Evelynn is really bad in this meta.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Fusion's bans are insane.

TDK's picks are insane.

And we are all in the asylum.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

rabidsquid posted:

The real reason Incarnati0n can't play on WFX is he and Pobelter both have Apdo Dog accounts and it would confuse them too much. "Which one am I, which one am I?"

Hai's upcoming "surgery" is just going to be replacing him with Incarnati0n with a big earring and telling fans that he's still Hai.

He is one of the countless european experimental children who were created to play League of Legends, unfortunately there was a mistake in the procedure and they are all extremely hostile to noobs.

They created an ultimate machine for owning noobs... but it became self aware... creator designated: "noob"

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Libertine posted:

Is there some tactical reason they are banning Jayce? Is that like a pocket pick for TDK?

e: :siren: EVE PICK :siren: :riot: :barf:

Kyle is a Jayce savant and NA has no loving clue how to handle him.

Also, Eve is...interesting. I think Magus/Luden's Eve is actually decently useful, but I doubt they're gonna run that. I wonder what sort of plan they have in mind.

Fake edit: Oh, a vayne comp. Yeah, this draft is nonsensical as hell. :riot:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
fwiw seraph is a sick kennen player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Libertine posted:

Kyle is an insanely talented Jayce player; he was banned it constantly in KR when he was in OGN qualifiers

• Locked thread