Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

The bizarre relationship between Hori and Kashima is probably my favourite thing from any manga ever :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Just so people are aware there are more episodes of the OVAs available now on the internet.

CrazySalamander fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 19, 2015

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Watching the specials made me start rewatching the whole series. I hate love you.

edit

Seo, glorious Seo. :allears:

Poil fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 22, 2015

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The specials are pretty cool, but I worry that they are running out of material for a second season.

I need a second season!

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Yeah, given the existence of the specials I doubt we'll see a second season for a long time (if ever)

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

CrazySalamander posted:

Yeah, given the existence of the specials I doubt we'll see a second season for a long time (if ever)

That's a weird way of looking at it. The specials have covered less than 2 chapters of material and are being used to sell the blu-rays, which have been doing quite well. There is plenty of unused manga material and interest for a second season.

The smart thing for them to do would be be to wait a little bit to make sure they have 12 episodes worth of solid material and make sure they don't just rush it out, sure, but I think we'll see an announcement sooner rather than later.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

CrazySalamander posted:

That's no certainty. For example Seitokai Yakuindomo had eight whole ova episodes before they gave it a new season.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

New chapter is out on the moonspeak side of the equation.

It's not particularly groundbreaking, but it definitely has some fun moments from the neanderthals who are still stuck on flip phones.

Or worse.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

new chapter

http://reader.roseliascans.com/read/gekkan_shoujo_nozakikun/en/7/61/page/1

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm really alarmed by the fact that Nozaki appears to have friends outside of Mikorin.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Nozaki is a fine young man with many friends!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
String phones... the gift that keeps on giving! :allears:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
String phones are the gateway to true romance.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

This chapter really bothered me because for string phones to work, the strings have to be taut. I believe I saw only one or possibly two panels where the string phone were used properly. This kind of thing really messes with my suspension of disbelief and love of telephony.

I guess I'm glad they didn't show any Apple (tm) products too, though.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The last special is out.

The "I'm wearing the lame-rear end bra you picked!" scene will never be animated :negative:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
We can only hope for a second season.

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!
Nozaki is so good at Romace that things that have merely been in his presence too long will spontaneously create love

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

Nozaki is so good at Romace that things that have merely been in his presence too long will spontaneously create love

This may explain something about Chiyo

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh my gosh.

It's so meta.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
That's a good catch.

Also, even Sakura's cellphone has ribbons.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Somebody translated omakes from the newest volume of GSNK. My favorite part is still Waka being an incompetent goober.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Supersonic Shine posted:

Somebody translated omakes from the newest volume of GSNK. My favorite part is still Waka being an incompetent goober.

Same.

This is why you shouldn't read so much shoujo manga! although that's what I mostly do

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Chiyo's literally lost it. :allears:

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Compendium posted:

Chiyo's literally lost it. :allears:

Wait until you get to the latest chapter, when you find out what she wanted to do with the candy apple from the festival. :allears:

Note: this is the only panel in which Chiyo actually appears, it's a Waka and Hori chapter. We also learn the names of the characters based on Waka and Seo! Waka and Oze. It's so easy to figure out that only Hori gets it, of course.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Oh god she's finally flipped in that panel.

Hurrying home to preserve the candy coating that I'm assuming Nozaki bit?

vvv right, I'm crap without the furigana here and it's too small. :(

LiquidRain fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 28, 2015

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
No, it's much worse. She wants to basically encase it (in resin? she doesn't say with what) and display it in her room.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
And yet Hori doesn’t think to take the next obvious step and find the character based on him.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

She considers just putting it in the freezer, but that's not good because she wouldn't be able to see it all the time.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Link to the new chapter.

It's amazing how low-effort Nozaki's manga is.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Okay so Chiyo isn't going insane, she was already there all along. :stare:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
When the "straight man" character was the craziest one all along... :allears:

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
I love how they are all complete weirdoes but never acknowledge this as fact.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
When everyone you know is a total weirdo, are you all really weird or is that just what normal is?

Yes. Yes you are weird.

coathat
May 21, 2007

The manga got licensed and will go nicely with my Oresama Teacher collection.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
... But all manga are licensed (except doujin)?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

licensed for english release, obviously

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk
Watched the OVAs just now. They were funny as the series itself but I feel they could have just clumped them all in one episode rather than six 3 minutes bites. I was sick "ehh, am I dreaming!?" by the second

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
They were the bonuses for the DVD/Blue-rays so they had to have a part for each. Of course it would have been nice if they made a full episode for each volume but.. :haw:

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

New chapter out on the Gangan website. It's a Miyako chapter. It's a Miyako + Seobro chapter.

Alcohol is involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

I thought Seobro was Sakura's brother, but I guess other families have people cursed to fall for clueless mangaka.

Maeno's ability to be the worst is breathtaking.