Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If there isn't a "Here lies andy, peperony and chease" gravestone in POE, I will never buy it. Even dumbass kickstarter backers can't possibly have missed an opportunity like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Isn't one of the packs $15,000? E: Star Citizen talk.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I'm a cis dwarf

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Fun Times! posted:

I'm a cis dwarf

Don't label yourself like that. It's rude.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
For reference: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Combos/The-Completionist-Digital

I know a good value when I see one. (I do hope the game turns out well.)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The White Dragon posted:

Funny thing, I went with a Cipher because it sounded more like they were psions in flavor, what with the mental assault stuff, rather than boring-rear end wizards. As it turns out, they are, they're much easier to use on a per-encounter basis (their rage MP pool recharges to a set amount after every encounter), and they're very party-friendly since most of their attacks are specifically Foe AoE and don't hurt your buddies. I'm glad I made one because being able to disable the entire enemy party every single time and then focusing them down one by one just feels so great. I love cruising through games :v:

And then you get a shotgun and get +12 Focus per shotgun blast and life is good.

Have you paired up with the Chanter and their boost to reload rate? You reload so loving fast, it's absurd.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Chris Roberts where are those jpegs of spaceships you promised me?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jamfrost posted:

For reference: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Combos/The-Completionist-Digital

What, there's supposed to be a game too?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Star Citizen is such a loving joke

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Quest For Glory II posted:

What, there's supposed to be a game too?

I was fairly sure it was one of the stretch goals.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
They've showed off gameplay and stuff, right? Or was it that other space one?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Star Citizen is basically the world's most lucrative LARP

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jamfrost posted:

Apparently their April Fool's joke is some javascript doing a word replacement of "ship" to "fish", with a bunch of other changes to keep to the theme, making it credit Chris Roberts as the acclaimed creator of Fin Commander.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In Pillars of Eternity, you can create a wizard that works out a lot so that he has really good might and dexterity. Not only would it be playable, he would be a pretty good wizard.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

April 1st is a terrible day.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Comparing the wizard spell list to anyone else it's really hard to see if there's any reason I should pick them over any other spellcasting type. They do have massive amounts of damage, true, but they've got basically only a handful of spells that would work in close packed fights.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

SynthOrange posted:

Comparing the wizard spell list to anyone else it's really hard to see if there's any reason I should pick them over any other spellcasting type. They do have massive amounts of damage, true, but they've got basically only a handful of spells that would work in close packed fights.

I'm finding this out now and now rerolling to try monks and a cipher main. :(

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

:agreed:
I find myself getting more annoyed than anything else at April 1st jokes now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Can't wait for another full day of the same hilarious "joke" from every developer and website owner that exists

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

CJacobs posted:

Can't wait for another full day of the same hilarious "joke" from every developer and website owner that exists

Guild Wars 2 turned on a sepia filter for everyone and you now run around with your arms stretched out while donning a flight cap and goggles at all times. As you run around you make plane noises. You can turn off the sepia but nothing else at the moment, and the forums are exploding. It's amazing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The "joke" I was speaking of was "look at this wacky feature/item/thing that doesn't exist! ha ha see you when we remove this on april 2!" so anything that's not that is ok in my book.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

You can play Pac-Man on Google Maps, and the levels are based on the roads in the location you picked. Pretty fun seeing Pac getting chased by ghosts at a cul-de-sac.

edit:
Occasionally you get devs like Volition who took an April Fool joke and put it in the actual game, like the ostrich hammer in RFG.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ragequit posted:

Guild Wars 2 turned on a sepia filter for everyone and you now run around with your arms stretched out while donning a flight cap and goggles at all times. As you run around you make plane noises. You can turn off the sepia but nothing else at the moment, and the forums are exploding. It's amazing.
Hahaha

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
It's even better. The Charr run on all fours but since they are doing the airplane they just faceplant. Someone needs to get a gif up. It's hilarious.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

CJacobs posted:

The "joke" I was speaking of was "look at this wacky feature/item/thing that doesn't exist! ha ha see you when we remove this on april 2!" so anything that's not that is ok in my book.

i still miss ascii and vhs youtube rendering modes

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

With good positioning, there's a lot of very effective crowd-control spells wizards can use. Oil Slick is a level 1 spell that has a very good chance of knocking down most enemies. What I like to do is have my tank stand in a doorway and force enemies to group up in a bottleneck, cast Oil Slick, then follow it up with Fireball.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, it's possible if you get real lucky but holy poo poo that thing will murder level 2 characters.

I beat it fairly easily with the assistance of my bear familiar who completely hosed that other bear up. Was quite cool to watch from a distance.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wait a minute. Those bears arent fighting! YOU'RE JUST A BEAR PIMP.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

FutonForensic posted:

With good positioning, there's a lot of very effective crowd-control spells wizards can use. Oil Slick is a level 1 spell that has a very good chance of knocking down most enemies. What I like to do is have my tank stand in a doorway and force enemies to group up in a bottleneck, cast Oil Slick, then follow it up with Fireball.

I think people are a bit too married to the D&D definition of Wizards which is "poo poo tons of damage everywhere". Wizards in PoE are a jack-of-all-trades class and they were never designed to be top damage dealers, but instead have a large variety of abilities for a large variety of situations.

Also the spell is called Slicken and it alone makes Wizards worthwhile because it's hilarious to watch 8 ogres simultaneously slip and fall down, complete with a screen-shake effect when they hit the ground.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
In keeping with the thread title, if anyone is in the mood for making regrettable life choices, playing bad games, and wasting their time (or sanity) with mediocre IdeaFactory anime JRPGs, there's an invite for closed beta testing here.
You also waive all your rights to anime induced property damage, injuries or deaths but hey, free games.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The sooner someone makes a patch to get rid of the kickstarter backer stuff from PoE the better the game will be. Wasteland 2 did it right: it had weird shrines in the desert with cool designs, and I think maybe one NPC in hollywood who was a sort of hippy singing/reciting beat poetry but it all fit in perfectly.

In other news, those of you who have Shadow Warrior, the developers just released a very substantial update that, among other things, rebalances the game and adds an entire engine overhaul with DX11 support.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Rookersh posted:

The lead dev mentioned it slipped through their QA due to the sheer volume of submissions they received ( and the fact most of them are several paragraph long novels about dudes eating pears/bad self inserts. ). It was removed within 12 hours of that tweet without even needing a patch.

Sigh.

You know...something bothers me about this. It's a limerick with questionable taste, but its one in - from what I can gather - several hundred odd messages put into the game. Any other day of the year it would have probably been missed, or received a quiet chuckle, but because someone got offended about it and posted it on Twitter, it got quickly removed?

Here's a question - was it removed because of its taste? Or was it removed because Obsidian didn't want the inevitable hate spam that would come from it?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Or they looked at it and said were surprised it slipped through? Why's that so hard for you to believe?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

WMain00 posted:

Here's a question - was it removed because of its taste? Or was it removed because Obsidian didn't want the inevitable hate spam that would come from it?

Why do people always jump to the conclusion that the nice, honerable companies are bowing to the SJW hordes when stuff like this happens? Have you considered maybe letting it through in the first place really was a mistake, that the people at Obsidian aren't assholes and genuinely don't want that poo poo in their game?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I consider the third option, where it got in because no one really cares one way or another.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wait. If all the KS content was removed I'd also lose the lesbian wizard couple on their mission to kill all men. Hmmm tough choices.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I consider the third option, where it got in because no one really cares one way or another.

Exactly.

That and I'm considering it from the point of view that it's not that horrible a limerick and that worse has been said. That the Net seems to get incredibly butthurt over the smallest of things nowadays.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

HGH posted:

In keeping with the thread title, if anyone is in the mood for making regrettable life choices, playing bad games, and wasting their time (or sanity) with mediocre IdeaFactory anime JRPGs, there's an invite for closed beta testing here.
You also waive all your rights to anime induced property damage, injuries or deaths but hey, free games.

gently caress it, I'm in.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Rookersh posted:

The lead dev mentioned it slipped through their QA due to the sheer volume of submissions they received
Wait... Obsidian has a QA process?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Light Gun Man posted:

gently caress it, I'm in.

Same. I'm playing Pier Solar HD, there is no way Neptunia 2 is that dire.

• Locked thread