Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowser
Apr 7, 2007

1. I'm amazed that they actually turned Chang back into a good character.

2. All the different sets are impressive, as well as outdoor scenes. The show feels just as well produced as anything on TV.

3. Elroy's "Maybe we've all lost a button" followed by Britta and Annie's reaction was gold. Really enjoying his character so far. Hints of Pierce and Hickey with a unique spin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

A MIRACLE posted:

Ok this episode was pretty funny. Did anyone else think Jason Mantzoukas was channeling JK Simmons in Whiplash for the "acting" scenes?
I thought that was the joke.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

It's a shame no one is (apparently) watching this show anymore. It's as good as it has been since S3.

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
On Harmon's latest podcast he hints that the viewer numbers are good, higher than the nielson ratings indicated when it was on nbc.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Except now, instead of getting trounced in the ratings by The Big Bang Theory, they're being beaten by Pewdiepie and Jenna Marbles.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

https://screen.yahoo.com/community/abed-dean-share-moment-honda-070100879.html

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The Community Facebook page posted this.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That was a pretty drat good ad.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
why is no one posting in this thread anymore?

That was so good. Chang was so fun to watch and the whole production felt way more alive than anything in S5 did.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

DoctorWhat posted:

why is no one posting in this thread anymore?

are you actually regretting that the community thread in tviv isn't getting more posts

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe
I thought it was really funny, and actually a little serious with the whole "token gay" part of the story. I think they cheapened it when Gaydean came out as a politician, though. I would have preferred he call the press conference, tell them that he's going to completely step out of the pocket, and then cut to the hallway where the press corps hurriedly leaves the room with looks of confused disgust on their faces. That way we get to know that the other 5/7ths of the Dean's personality is pretty juicy indeed without the cheap cop-out.

But I don't write the show, so whatever.

And I didn't see the direction that the stage play rehearsals was going. That was done very well. And everything about Mantzoukas's performance was hilarious. So ridiculously over the top.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

tarlibone posted:

I thought it was really funny, and actually a little serious with the whole "token gay" part of the story. I think they cheapened it when Gaydean came out as a politician, though. I would have preferred he call the press conference, tell them that he's going to completely step out of the pocket, and then cut to the hallway where the press corps hurriedly leaves the room with looks of confused disgust on their faces. That way we get to know that the other 5/7ths of the Dean's personality is pretty juicy indeed without the cheap cop-out.

There are some things that are still too taboo for TV. The Dean is into most of them. It's a meta point where the political thing to do was cop out and not reveal his fetishistic nature.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo the Karate Kid adaptation was hilarious. Chang clapping his hands and the entire crowd reeling back in shock was amazing.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The lighting is this episode seemed radically different, and the direction as well.

What's going on? Are they trying to save electricity?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You guys must be trolling me at this point.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MrAristocrates posted:

Maybe we're all being trolled. [/Keith David]

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MrAristocrates posted:

I still have no idea what people mean when they say they hated that Community went to multicam.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Volume posted:

I still have no idea what people mean when they say they hated that Community went to multicam.

Who are these people? Are they on The Twitter?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Another really good episode, I'm sad we're only getting a short season this time round. Has there been any word on if this is a one-off or if Yahoo may consider doing more if ratings stay good (by Yahoo standards)?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Volume posted:

That's so confusing. Then it isn't because a lot of people don't know what mulitcam and single camera mean.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

SunshineDanceParty posted:

That's so confusing. Then it isn't because a lot of people don't know what mulitcam and single camera mean.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
That discussion/explanation pops up in tv threads every once in awhile. And this is the tv nerd area. Lot's of people just don't know what those terms relate too.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 1, 2015

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Senor Tron posted:

Another really good episode, I'm sad we're only getting a short season this time round. Has there been any word on if this is a one-off or if Yahoo may consider doing more if ratings stay good (by Yahoo standards)?

All the contracts for the principal actors are up after season six. I think further seasons would be either cost-prohibitive from a salary standpoint or you'd see further erosion of the original study group.

This episode was good but 31 minutes felt a little long. I'd hate to see the syndication edit.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Hopefully season 6's finale won't suck like the last two have. At this point they're not even pretending the characters are graduating or have somewhere else to go, so they could just keep it going if they wanted to.

I'm predicting that a couple months after the season 6 finale there will be a Kickstarter to fund a movie to make #sixseasonsandamovie a reality. If they could get Troy+Levar Burton, Shirley, Duncan, Hickey, Slater, and hell, even Pierce('s ghost) for one last cameo it would be pretty sweet.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Pretty amazed they've managed to keep the show high quality. This episode actually made me laugh out loud multiple times.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wonder why Yahoo Screen put up all the Sin City Saints episodes at once but not the Community episodes. I'm guessing because they want to make sure Community fans don't just visit once or twice and marathon it all.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Senor Tron posted:

Dan Harmon has stated that all bets are off with what Yahoo does. It could be a scrubs season 8/arrested development season 4, but it could also keep going. I've seen different places of McHale, Rash, and Pudi stating that they're in for the long haul. Dunno about Brie or Jacobs.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Allison Brie probably has the most promising developing career, if anyone leaves next it'll be her.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Good episode. Good ad. Good season. Good.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Really dug this episode. Genuinely smart and funny, good deliveries, etc. I'm psyched at the possibilities of this looser, more relaxed Community.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Weird. The last time I went to a theater I lost a button as well.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Keith David is killing it, not that Keith David killing it should ever surprise anyone.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

rapeface posted:

Pretty amazed they've managed to keep the show high quality. This episode actually made me laugh out loud multiple times.

Twice?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
god drat this episode was funny. the only thing i didn't like was dean coming out as a politician. it felt like a pretty cheap joke they thought was cleverer than it was. otherwise really good and was really well-paced despite being 31 minutes long.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bown posted:

god drat this episode was funny. the only thing i didn't like was dean coming out as a politician. it felt like a pretty cheap joke they thought was cleverer than it was. otherwise really good and was really well-paced despite being 31 minutes long.

When it ended, I was expecting some during-the-credits tomfoolery, because it didn't seem like it had taken so long.

Holy cow, the director character was fantastic -- that guy should win some kind of acting award.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Bown posted:

I actually liked that one. The joke that was not as clever as they thought it was was the bird going into the electrical box after they set it free. It was as if the show was afraid that it would not look cynical enough for the Internet if it didn't do something to that bird at the end.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Rexides posted:

I actually liked that one. The joke that was not as clever as they thought it was was the bird going into the electrical box after they set it free. It was as if the show was afraid that it would not look cynical enough for the Internet if it didn't do something to that bird at the end.

On the other hand, the episode ended with a bunch of grown-rear end adults putting on cat masks and indulging Abed's mental illness.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, I figured outright murdering the bird would be too harsh, but something was going to happen.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rexides posted:

oh yeah, I forgot about that one. I almost had my fingers crossed praying they wouldn't do something like that. eesh. but the politician one is really bad though, like the entire joke is "people don't like politicians LOL" and it's incredibly lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Great episode really, I didn't even notice that the episode went longer than usual.

• Locked thread