Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Yellow Jester has seem some serious poo poo. poo poo you wouldn't believe. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Oh god now I'm having flashbacks to a couple of summers ago when I was at my grandma's in Omaha talking about how the Bible and how there is nothing in it about gay marriage and she stomped over to bring her own bible and showed me in Romans where Jesus said he hated gays. Man my mom and sister hated me for starting that because my mom doesn't like it when her mom gets worked up; that me and my uncle just pile on her on calling out her bullshit. I love my grandma, but it sucks seeing the ugly cracks as you get older :smith:

Also last year sucked because I got yelled by everyone including my own family at for saying that Israel were a bunch of assholes for bombing Gaza and how the Palestinians had a right to fight back and that Israel brought it upon themselves and were a bunch of hypocritical assholes. That and they had about as much right to claim the region based off history as much as Italy deserves the right to own most of Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. Of course my dad, being the democrat unionmen who watches WWII docs a lot, had to lecture me on how the Palestinians allowed the Israelis to come and volunteered to leave into the other countries around them and then when they didn't like it, they tried to invade back into Israel. :smithicide:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Just as tasteless as the ones about Obama.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Goddammit Bennett

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Thought Bennett might have had better taste than this, but oh well. I suppose whenever there's a big plane crash in the news all the usual "X drives car labeled Y off cliff" cartoons temporarily turn into "X flies plane labeled Y into a mountain" for a few weeks after.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I have seen one good germanwings cartoon

Probably still in poor taste, but it's pretty spot-on.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

You know what? I'm okay with this as a metaphor, because at least it is about the actual specific destruction of a specific thing by someone who should have been stopped and which is going to lead to people loving dying. If Insure Tennessee goes down, loads of people are going to die because they won't be able to get insurance.

If the labels were "Republicans" and "USA," I'd have a problem with it.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh god now I'm having flashbacks to a couple of summers ago when I was at my grandma's in Omaha talking about how the Bible and how there is nothing in it about gay marriage and she stomped over to bring her own bible and showed me in Romans where Jesus said he hated gays. Man my mom and sister hated me for starting that because my mom doesn't like it when her mom gets worked up; that me and my uncle just pile on her on calling out her bullshit. I love my grandma, but it sucks seeing the ugly cracks as you get older :smith:

Also last year sucked because I got yelled by everyone including my own family at for saying that Israel were a bunch of assholes for bombing Gaza and how the Palestinians had a right to fight back and that Israel brought it upon themselves and were a bunch of hypocritical assholes. That and they had about as much right to claim the region based off history as much as Italy deserves the right to own most of Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. Of course my dad, being the democrat unionmen who watches WWII docs a lot, had to lecture me on how the Palestinians allowed the Israelis to come and volunteered to leave into the other countries around them and then when they didn't like it, they tried to invade back into Israel. :smithicide:

Man, I'm glad my grandma is still cool. My favorite political memory of her was her talking to her sister who visited while she was watching me. Her sister asked what the deal with the Monica Lewinsky scandal was and my grandma was like "pfft, she just gave him a blowjob." She's the best though, like the idealized grandma who loves everyone and just wants to feed you, but then she swears like a sailor when my grandpa isn't around.

On the other hand my life-long union democrat grandfather has loving gone bat-poo poo Fox News Tea party in his old age. I blame it on all his friends being ultra-conservatives and libertarians who just feed him total bullshit. Family gatherings are usually everyone telling him that all the stuff he's saying is crazy (like - he was really excited about Sarah Palin). He believes all this crazy, crazy poo poo and it's really sad because he's a smart guy, but he just never learned to be critical of what he heard on TV news. I've always wondered if this is a generational thing where you used to actually be able to rely on the news being not made up partisan bullshit or if the tv news was always crap.

At least they were never religious during my lifetime They were apparently ultra-religious when my mom was a kid (their family founded the church they went to). But at some point my grandfathers brother told him that he couldn't be a man of God if he drank beer, and my essentially my grandfather decided if it was God or beer, he'd take beer. He's not an alcoholic or anything, but he worked long hours and when he came home he wanted a beer or two.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Somfin posted:

You know what? I'm okay with this as a metaphor, because at least it is about the actual specific destruction of a specific thing by someone who should have been stopped and which is going to lead to people loving dying. If Insure Tennessee goes down, loads of people are going to die because they won't be able to get insurance.

If the labels were "Republicans" and "USA," I'd have a problem with it.

No it's pretty bad

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

The only good thing about this is his expression. Those are some Rogers level crazy eyes.

:allears:

Tritanomalicious
Mar 14, 2008

A dog, A barrel... RIDICULOUS!
How was that loving idiot allowed to hold any amount of power in this country?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Tritanomalicious posted:

Ask her constituents?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well I for one am thankful that Space Admiral Bachmann has used her remarkable power to get everything completely wrong to ensure that a golden era of peace and respect between America and Iran has now been guaranteed.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

achillesforever6 posted:

Also last year sucked because I got yelled by everyone including my own family at for saying that Israel were a bunch of assholes for bombing Gaza and how the Palestinians had a right to fight back and that Israel brought it upon themselves and were a bunch of hypocritical assholes.

The other day I got a letter in the mail from the UNRWA (as I've donated to them in the past) and my mom made a comment like "Wait, you're actually donating to the Palestinians?" and I said yes. She didn't press the issue but I could tell she was bothered by it. I'm just glad her husband didn't see it, he'd probably flip out since he's a hardcore Israel supporter.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

At least when they complain about them nuking Israel it's slightly, vaguely within the realm of theoretical possibility, maybe, in 50 years, whatever. But nuking the US? How the gently caress would they nuke one US city, let alone the plural "cities" she's talking about :psyduck:

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

For a political party that loves gratuitous defence spending so much, they have a staggeringly poor opinion of America's defensive capabilities.

But then I guess it's probably fearmongering like this that motivates that love in the first place.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Moddington posted:

For a political party that loves gratuitous defence spending so much, they have a staggeringly poor opinion of America's defensive capabilities.

But then I guess it's probably fearmongering like this that motivates that love in the first place.

Look at the F-35. Just because you spent shitloads of money on it doesn't necessarily mean it's good

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Holy poo poo, the plane was so big it held an entire nation?! #Engineering #Science #NoahsArk

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

It's rad. Not everything has to make a statement.

Congratulations, that's my point. Someone heard about the Germanwings crash and thought "People died in terror - that's so loving rad!"

Plague of Hats posted:

Literally the Muslim Barbecue argument.

No, literally Muir saying all gays are rapists. He's further out than the WBC now.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ignoring for a moment how tasteless and dumb this is, could she have found a more awkward way to do this metaphor? We've seen hack, idiot cartoonists in this thread do it more concisely and coherently.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
That's a loving big plane. Like, a Ramirez sized plane.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Anidav posted:

How many wormbamas do you think can dance on the head of a pin that is labelled 'constitution'? 300 million is a small amount.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Only one so far? I'm seriously disappointed. Have they finally realized that they should Chappa Quit It?

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More

Saint Sputnik posted:

Done.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3710088

Improved my first two gifs with your new cutout in the bargain, thanks!

Does anyone have the gif handy of the Kirschen cartoon dancing on the Palestinian grave? Can someone photoshop dancing obama next to him? tia

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Tritanomalicious posted:

her district is a pile of mud poo poo.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Tritanomalicious posted:

I believe this is how it happened:

Anidav posted:

Think of how many labels you could fit on that plane. I bet it's enough to give Ramirez multiple debtgasms!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Moddington posted:

Iran is a very credible threat. They have air supremacy fighters

I just love that blurry canopy

And they have unbeatable combat tactics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UpKq9kCHbE
A totally defenseless barge is no match against the slowest missiles in the world

The USA have no chance to survive, make your time.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Somfin posted:

"I hear so much about Republicans loving up. Must be media bias."

It highlights their issues with understanding consent too.

"Liberals elect a sodomite like Barney Frank without a care in the world, but when Mark Foley sexually harasses preteen boys oh suddenly that's immoral. Double standard!"

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Post 9-11 User posted:

Holy poo poo, the plane was so big it held an entire nation?! #Engineering #Science #NoahsArk

God hates it when you draw a happy little cartoony Airplane Ark instead of the massive, multi-trillion dollar project it really was.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

+

=

The new hit show for the PBS Adult Swim roll-out.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Mo_Steel posted:

Yellow Jester has seem some serious poo poo. poo poo you wouldn't believe. :stare:

It's Nick Clegg. Look him up.

Also this is the first time I've been caught up on the Cartoon thread since Space Kimchi in LF, it feels strange not to have 1000s of unread posts.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Taear posted:

It's Nick Clegg. Look him up.

Also this is the first time I've been caught up on the Cartoon thread since Space Kimchi in LF, it feels strange not to have 1000s of unread posts.
...you've been catching up for four years?

I thought it was bad when I was behind for 18 months.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

majormonotone posted:

Illinois' population rose by 3.3% from 2000 to 2010, and a 2013 estimate has a rise of 0.4% since 2010. While not exactly stellar growth, it's certainly not anything approaching any sort of mass exodus.

Eric Allie, bullshitting? Surely you jest.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

pwn posted:

...you've been catching up for four years?

I thought it was bad when I was behind for 18 months.

Yea, I used to read every single post. For some reason. I did post a little at first but then I got left way behind. I've only caught up because we can read the forums at work now.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
New Tom the Dancing Bug!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

referencing in part a local sports-doping scandal

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx
He's wearing Speedos over his sweatsuit. I love Pope's drawings so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Mister Beeg posted:

New Tom the Dancing Bug!

Ya, this is good.

• Locked thread