Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Dodgeball posted:

I would main Toejam & Earl, even if they sucked mechanically.

This ^^

Oh god it took me over an hour to slog through the slow assed, hammered Club Nintendo site to get my registration through but it finally processed. Can't wait for the OG powerful Pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cicadas! posted:

If you guys think that Direct is going to be anything but an April Fools joke you deserve to have your hopes dashed.

I don't remember Nintendo ever doing April fool jokes though.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cicadas! posted:

If you guys think that Direct is going to be anything but an April Fools joke you deserve to have your hopes dashed.

If there's one thing Nintendo can afford to do after they cancel their flagship title for the year it's a lovely April Fools joke

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Isn't April 1st the start of the fiscal year in Japan though? I can't imagine Japanese businesses being all :hurr: APRIL FOOOLS

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tomorrow is also the announcement of the gold and platinum Club Nintendo rewards.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TheKingofSprings posted:

If there's one thing Nintendo can afford to do after they cancel their flagship title for the year it's a lovely April Fools joke

What got cancelled

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Countblanc posted:

What got cancelled

Zelda Wii U got pushed back to 2016.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Cicadas! posted:

It's not an April Fools joke, hth

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

I said come in! posted:

Zelda Wii U got pushed back to 2016.

Haha, rip

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Is April Fools even a thing in Japan?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Maple Leaf posted:

Is April Fools even a thing in Japan?

I don't even know that April is a thing in Japan.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The fourth month, like the fourth floor of a building, is often skipped out of superstitious precaution. This is also why Westerners lack a 13th month.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Cicadas! posted:

Mewtwo being in Smash is an April Fools joke.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Tomorrow night I am going to come home to Mewtwo in Smash and an amazing free platinum reward game. I believe in Iwata. Please understand.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

same, but i will buy the dlc instead

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

There might be a silly skit in the Nintendo Direct, but it will still be about real announcements.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

There might be a silly skit in the Nintendo Direct, but it will still be about real announcements.

Real announcements about our friends Mewtwo, Wolf, and Isaac

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I hope Mewtwo got revamped and isn't a terrible character like in Melee.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
All I want is Snake DLC but I know I'll never get him :(

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Mewtwo, my close friend, just boarded the next flight in, so you can trust me when I tell you that he or she is on their way.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Reiley posted:

Mewtwo, my close friend, just boarded the next flight in, so you can trust me when I tell you that he or she is on their way.

Wolf is in the second plane

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Yeah Wolf also told me, on Skype, that he's coming too, but it's outer space so he has a lot more distance to fly.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The Japanese and European direct is on April the second, so it's not an april fools.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

The Japanese and European direct is on April the second, so it's not an april fools.

the only place that matters is the east coast. when will people finally realize this

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

Yeah Wolf also told me, on Skype, that he's coming too, but it's outer space so he has a lot more distance to fly.

he told me as well, since he is a mutual friend of ours

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
The nintendo direct will be about Spongebob and Goku finally getting in before Sakurai resigns.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Sakurai already resigned

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dizz posted:

The nintendo direct will be about Spongebob and Goku finally getting in before Sakurai resigns.

I recall having a dream a long time ago that SpongeBob was in smash bros

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Spongebob and Goku are frankly more likely inclusions than Wolf.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I heard Snake is out because Nintendo violated the Konami Code.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Snake is actually in the smash 4, but he's so stealthy that nobody has actually found him yet. In order to even have a chance at unlocking him you'll have to figure out a way to defeat his octo camo. But you'd better hurry, because if nobody unlocks him by the end of the month, sakurai will nerf snake into UnViability for eternity

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I heard Snake wasn't in Smash 4 because he was on a deep-cover mission, inside Woody's boot.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wolf's plane has apparently disappeared mid flight. More news soon, hopefully.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Gaffle posted:

Snake is actually in the smash 4, but he's so stealthy that nobody has actually found him yet. In order to even have a chance at unlocking him you'll have to figure out a way to defeat his octo camo. But you'd better hurry, because if nobody unlocks him by the end of the month, sakurai will nerf snake into UnViability for eternity

He's hiding with Kellam from Fire Emblem. Snake has learned the ultimate hiding techniques from him.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Another new Project M trailer.

I really hope that's some kind of optional mode in the next release.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Turbo mode turned out to be a real thing when they announced it for April Fools. :v:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Project M does what Nintendon't.

But seriously this has to be an option.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Totally maining parasect

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

TechnoSyndrome posted:

The joke of the thing that doesn't exist is still infinitely more interesting than Project M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I liked the Ike Climbers better.

• Locked thread