Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Sweet, I'll be getting out of class I can watch it in my grad office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Fortunately, its at 11pm in the UK, so not really a chance I won't see it.

Probably gonna see some Xenoblade focus for this one, but I wouldn't be surprised by a new announcement at the end, to tease something to show off further at E3.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

greatn posted:

Check out @NintendoAmerica's Tweet: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/582890134846197760?s=09

Direct tomorrow 3pm Pacific. Waiting till people are off work!
Holy cow, I can finally catch a Nintendo Direct on time.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So I looked up DSiware games recently. Scrolled through what was there and checked things that seemed interesting. Then there was one that I passed over the first time but ended up getting after reading a review and oh my god was it ever a hidden little gem there.

Game called Reflect Missile, costs five bucks. Puzzle game where you launch missiles from the lower screen to hit missiles on the upper. Three types of missiles. 200 stages. On each stage you can earn a medal by beating it without using all your missiles, which gives it that little extra dimension and difficulty that means I'm once again hopelessly addicted to a puzzle game.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Yeah there are a surprising number of good DSiWare and WiiWare games. Of course it's a lot easier to get to the DSiWare ones but I actually still have my Wii hooked up soooooo. I use NintendoLife for reviews because they have this policy where they review every blessed game there is for those two services.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I'd probably buy a few WiiWare games if they would port the loving Wii Shop Channel over to using real money rather than points over here as well.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Welp, I'm hosed. I need ten coins, but I don't think that post-survey is going to come in before they kill the service.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think that's the amount of coins Gunman Clyde gives you and it's 2 dollars and a fun little game.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Gunman Clive gives you 5.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Just buy a code for a like a dollar on ebay

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

NOE isn't accepting any registration anymore, it seems. The Alleyway game I redeemed today is showing up on my account with no survey. End of an era.

Tomorrow starts the new era. Or it will be just a mediocre Direct with nothing new revealed. It's Nintendo, it can go either way.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Saoshyant posted:

NOE isn't accepting any registration anymore, it seems. The Alleyway game I redeemed today is showing up on my account with no survey. End of an era.

That only applies to digital games, physical ones can be registered until September 30th.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Saoshyant posted:

Tomorrow starts the new era. Or it will be just a mediocre Direct with nothing new revealed. It's Nintendo, it can go either way.

Tomorrow is the announcement of the new era that is coming around fall. Then at E3 the new era will be delayed to 2016, please understand.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I brute forced my way from 580 coins to 810 tonight. I think I took the same survey 10 times but at least I can get Star Fox 3D for free now. It's either that or the 3DS XL pouch, I can't decide.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

I'm sure you can get a good pouch for less than you can get Starfox 64 3D.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Evil Eagle posted:

I brute forced my way from 580 coins to 810 tonight. I think I took the same survey 10 times but at least I can get Star Fox 3D for free now. It's either that or the 3DS XL pouch, I can't decide.

The Virtual Console post-play surveys were the best because they were only four questions and you didn't even really have to say anything about the game. It was kind of amusing how every single one asked "What are your feelings on the Virtual Console?" I answered it legitimately the first time but after the tenth time or so I was just going "Yep it's good" and "Same as what I said last time, still good."

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Club Nintendo is down for maintenance. I don't know if that's because people are hammering it or if they are putting the Gold/Platinum rewards up.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Twelve by Pies posted:

The Virtual Console post-play surveys were the best because they were only four questions and you didn't even really have to say anything about the game. It was kind of amusing how every single one asked "What are your feelings on the Virtual Console?" I answered it legitimately the first time but after the tenth time or so I was just going "Yep it's good" and "Same as what I said last time, still good."

I just bitched about lack of cross-buy every time.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Elite Gifts are up:

https://club.nintendo.com/elite-status-gifts.do

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

Well that's a bit lackluster. Most everything I'm interested in I already have. Probably will go with New Super Mario Bros. 2.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Bahhh, I've got everything worth owning. It's basically between NSMB2 and Yoshi's New Island for me. Anyone have any suggestions?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Here's a list for those who can't get the site to load:

Platinum
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Mario Golf World Tour
Mario Kart 7
Mario Party Island Tour
NSMB2
Yoshi's New Island
Tropical Freeze
NES Remix 2
Punch OUt
Pushmo World
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Ultimate NES Remix

Gold
Crashmo
Freaky Forms
Pushmo
Mario Bros 3 (3DS)
Super Mario Bros Deluxe
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
Murasame Castle
Advance Wars
Zelda 1 (Wii U)
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Metroid Fusion
Mario Bros Lost Levels
Super Mario Kart
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I'm disappointed, I have everything on that list I'd be interested in.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fremry posted:

Bahhh, I've got everything worth owning. It's basically between NSMB2 and Yoshi's New Island for me. Anyone have any suggestions?

I suggest you get a code for Mario Golf and give it to me.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Paging noirstronaut who wouldn't shut the gently caress up about Smash being a Platinum reward.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Fremry posted:

Between those two, get NSMB2. Its not the most solid of the NSMB games..but its a drat sight better than Yoshi's New Island.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

The most productive thing I can think of to do with these is to convert my copy of DKCR:TF to a digital copy so I have to get off my fat rear end slightly less often when I want to play it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Fremry posted:

Get Tropical Freeze and sell the code

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just about all of the 3DS games offered are $15 at Target or have been on sale for under :20bux: recently.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So the only Platinum rewards I don't own are Mario Party Island Tour and Yoshi's New Island.

Is Mario Party worth having? Or should I try to flip a code for $20 over in SA Mart?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

jivjov posted:

Here's a list for those who can't get the site to load:

Platinum
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Tropical Freeze
NES Remix 2
Punch Out
Super Mario Galaxy 2

Gold
Super Mario Kart

This is pretty much all I'm interested in. I've never played Animal Crossing but I also don't really want to bother charging my 3DS. And I don't want to use Wiimotes for Punch Out. And I feel like using my platinum status for a gold gift is a slight waste.

:shrug:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Well, I've almost run out of uses for the World Tour demo, so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm getting.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

This is pretty much all I'm interested in. I've never played Animal Crossing but I also don't really want to bother charging my 3DS. And I don't want to use Wiimotes for Punch Out. And I feel like using my platinum status for a gold gift is a slight waste.

Nobody uses the Wiimote for Punch-Out, it's all buttons all the time. It's also the best Punch-Out so if you like the series you should get it.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Admiral Joeslop posted:

You don't have to waggle to play Punch Out!! Wii. Just hold it like an NES controller, it's worth it if you haven't played it. edit: bear in mind it's $20 retail right now I think.

edit: I kind of want Mario Golf, Animal Crossing, and Tropical Freeze. I guess Freeze is worth the most as a newer Wii U game.

edit2: ugh Tropical Freeze requires 11.4 GB and I already have Smash 4.... hmm

How Rude fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 1, 2015

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dehry posted:

Just about all of the 3DS games offered are $15 at Target or have been on sale for under :20bux: recently.

Well in that case I'll pay someone around $10 for Animal Crossing.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

cool i'll get mario golf probably.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know how long the codes from the rewards last? Like how fast do I have to sell the thing?

In the same boat as a lot of ya, probably gonna just flip a DK:TF code somewhere.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas posted:

Anyone know how long the codes from the rewards last? Like how fast do I have to sell the thing?

In the same boat as a lot of ya, probably gonna just flip a DK:TF code somewhere.

It's in the FAQ, but I think it wasn't all that long.

BoredMarc
Jun 14, 2010
DUMB AS SHIT
I have gold status and I want either oracle of ages or oracle of seasons but I don't know which ones to get... Why did they make them two games?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

BoredMarc posted:

I have gold status and I want either oracle of ages or oracle of seasons but I don't know which ones to get... Why did they make them two games?

It was gonna be 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Is there anyone here who might be able to make some sort of recommendation for Freakyforms? I'm kinda' between that and NES Remix 2.