Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I have an old point and shoot camera I haven't used in years that I want to take on holidays with me soon so I got a new battery, charger and USB cable:

All three were surprisingly inexpensive which was a bonus.

And some jewellery (necklace / bracelet combo):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

A fancy camera with all sorts of cool bells and whistles.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Same except I bought this one.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Radioshack in the next town over is closing. Everything is 90% off.

Everything.

I bought about 30 LED lights, a bunch of heat shrink tubes, a pile of usb/hdmi/DisplayPort/SATA adapters of all sorts and about 1000 feet of Cat6 cable for $40.

But when I said everything was for sale, I mean that anything that wasn't bolted down was for sale.

I bought the cell phone display tables.

They're pretty much solid metal and are surprisingly sturdy. They'll make some :krad: work benches for the shop.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

larchesdanrew posted:

Radioshack in the next town over is closing. Everything is 90% off.

Everything.

I bought about 30 LED lights, a bunch of heat shrink tubes, a pile of usb/hdmi/DisplayPort/SATA adapters of all sorts and about 1000 feet of Cat6 cable for $40.

But when I said everything was for sale, I mean that anything that wasn't bolted down was for sale.

I bought the cell phone display tables.

They're pretty much solid metal and are surprisingly sturdy. They'll make some :krad: work benches for the shop.
gently caress, I completely forgot about the liquidation sales. I totally would have bought... Uh... iPhone 6 accessories? Maybe some basic electronics like fuses and... an RC copter? Nah, those would have sold out early.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Crunkjuice posted:

Founders KBS is one of the best goddamn beers on the planet. I still have 6 from last year i'm going to drink throughout the year.

I'd give it a try if I came across one, but considering how over-hyped the Canadian Breakfast Stout was for me, I'm a little skeptical.

Sure, it was good, but gently caress if I'm not already getting sick of absolutely everything being barrel-aged. It's quickly becoming the new "hop-the-poo poo-out-of-it" movement in beer.

Scarf has a new favorite as of 14:40 on Apr 1, 2015

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

Scarf posted:

I'd give it a try if I came across one, but considering how over-hyped the Canadian Breakfast Stout was for me, I'm a little skeptical.

Sure, it was good, but gently caress if I'm not already getting sick of absolutely everything being barrel-aged. It's quickly becoming the new "hop-the-poo poo-out-of-it" movement in beer.

Another fun movement is the swapping of styles. Like a Golden Stout or a Black Kolsch. Try the Stone Golden Stout if you can find it. It's really good.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LTBS posted:

Another fun movement is the swapping of styles. Like a Golden Stout or a Black Kolsch. Try the Stone Golden Stout if you can find it. It's really good.

I tried their Sproketbier (the black kolsch) and being a huge fan of a good kolsch, I thought it was pretty bleh :\

I'm such a huge stone fanboy too. I'll see if I can track down the golden stout.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Holy gently caress Canadian Breakfast Stout? How racist.

Everyone knows we like a good lager with breakfast.

Preferably Lucky

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
But see its Canadian because something something maple syrup

I liked it better than the kbs honestly, but really their regular Breakfast stout is great and a fine breakfast beverage

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

VendaGoat posted:

Oh and a sixer of Merry Monks and a four pack of Insanity, all from Weyerbacher

Have you had the Merry Monks before? A friend and I bought a couple bottles when we were in college, and it was definitely the weirdest beer we've ever had. The first sip was good; the second sip was bad. The third sip was better than the first, but the fourth was the worst yet. It just kept on alternating being good and bad; we tried large sips and small, we tried different ways of holding the glass, we tried each other's glasses :gay:. A friend of ours wandered in, so we had him try it; he thought the first sip was great. We encouraged him to try it again, and this time he didn't like it.

Weirdest thing, I have no idea what was going on.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Edit: poo poo, wrong thread.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Made some 'egg'cellent purchases today.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Scarf posted:

Bourbon barrel aged that is. Lakewood Brewing in Dallas has started tequila barrel aging their lager, a lager with ancho chili's, and a bier de garde. They are pretty amazing, and cheaper since tequila barrels aren't in as much demand as bourbon barrels.

I just went around town to get 4 KBS. 1 for trade, 1 for next year, 1 for now, and one for my birthday later this year.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Coca Koala posted:

Have you had the Merry Monks before? A friend and I bought a couple bottles when we were in college, and it was definitely the weirdest beer we've ever had. The first sip was good; the second sip was bad. The third sip was better than the first, but the fourth was the worst yet. It just kept on alternating being good and bad; we tried large sips and small, we tried different ways of holding the glass, we tried each other's glasses :gay:. A friend of ours wandered in, so we had him try it; he thought the first sip was great. We encouraged him to try it again, and this time he didn't like it.

Weirdest thing, I have no idea what was going on.

Only as a draft. Which I thought it was wonderful in. I wonder if you folks were getting tastes of leftover yeast, as it's a tripel?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Finally broke down and got a new phone:

Unlocked, 32GB Second generation Moto X.

Got the black front, natural leather back, and silver accents. I was hesitant towards the natural leather, but then I saw this and I hope mine can age beautifully like that one.

I also hate placing my phone on hard surfaces...it's an irrational "thing" I have where I feel like I can hear and feel all the grains of dirt/whatever grinding into my phone's back and camera lens. I always try to put it on something soft, like a notebook, pad of paper, etc...

With the leather back, there's never that problem.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 19:54 on Apr 1, 2015

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES

DrBouvenstein posted:

Finally broke down and got a new phone:

Unlocked, 32GB Second generation Moto X.

Got the black front, natural leather back, and silver accents. I was hesitant towards the natural leather, but then I saw this and I hope mine can age beautifully like that one.

I also hate placing my phone on hard surfaces...it's an irrational "thing" I have where I feel like I can hear and feel all the grains of dirt/whatever grinding into my phone's back and camera lens. I always try to put it on something soft, like a notebook, pad of paper, etc...

With the leather back, there's never that problem.

I have a leather case on my iPhone 6 plus. You can still hear that - I have the same thing.

Sorry.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
That's lovely. If I ever get out from under the Apple monolith, I'm going for a Moto X. I've been meaning to get a Moto Hint for ages.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Coffee And Pie posted:

That's lovely. If I ever get out from under the Apple monolith, I'm going for a Moto X. I've been meaning to get a Moto Hint for ages.

All you have to do is just not buy an iPhone

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

PCOS Bill posted:

All you have to do is just not buy an iPhone

The walls in the garden are higher the more you have invested in the app store.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

djfooboo posted:

The walls in the garden are higher the more you have invested in the app store.

99% of apps are straight poop on both platforms anyways. I suggest trying out android if you haven't already.

Source: I sell iPhones.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
99% of apps are much better on iOS (except Google's).

Android is great at a lot of things, but app disparity between the two ecosystems is a definite weakness.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Bottom Liner posted:

99% of apps are much better on iOS (except Google's).

Android is great at a lot of things, but app disparity between the two ecosystems is a definite weakness.

The real question is, how many apps do you really use that it would really matter? Everyone uses there phones differently, and I'm no "power user", but I probably use a grand total of 7-10 apps total a day, and that's including texting, email, etc.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Just in the amount of apps I have installed/use on my iPhone alone that don't even exist on Android is enough for that to be a real issue. That's not even considering my iPad, which has a good 25 or so.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

I had iPhones, went to the Moto X and went back to the iPhone. Theres some really cool poo poo Android will do that iOS will not. The problem however is that its not quite there yet. I'm IT, I troubleshoot computers all day long. I do not want to spend my evenings troubleshooting my phone, so ya, iPhone it is.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Lord Lambeth posted:

A fancy camera with all sorts of cool bells and whistles.

gently caress yeah. Second best camera ever (black on black ME Super is the first best).

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

The only thing Trek-related I collect anymore is starship models. I had a refit Connie as a kit, but it fell off a shelf and broke into numerous pieces and was beyond repair.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Aw yeah just bought two tickets to DC's Craft Beer Festival! One for me and one for the boyfriend (it's not only one of his birthday presents; it's also on his birthday!)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

App13 posted:

99% of apps are straight poop on both platforms anyways. I suggest trying out android if you haven't already.

Maybe wait until it works though. Lollipop is pretty bad right now.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

it's a bike mounted gun/camera holster

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Been too long since I had a PSP

Also got some birthday presents:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Bought this for $30 on SA Mart. Its actually incredible. I'm reading a lot more than I ever did. I'll probably buy some cheapo clip-light or maybe a lamp next to my bed next.

Dr Bronner's Magic Soap. I heard good things about it, so why not? It comes with schizophrenic word salad for free.

Cierra
Feb 14, 2007
dead
Started a new job. Bought a pair of shoes to celebrate. :toot:

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Avocados posted:

Dr Bronner's Magic Soap. I heard good things about it, so why not? It comes with schizophrenic word salad for free.

Used this for awhile, but it scums up the bathroom floor like a motherfucker

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

How are you getting soap on your floor instead of washing it down the drain?

Marceline Abadeer
Oct 14, 2012
Ah yeah, Bronner was a total nutbag. I swapped from the liquid stuff to the bar soap and my only regret is not having a bottle to read while I take a poo poo.

Nail polish. Sephora's line is actually pretty decent, and I'm excited for all the colors, especially that pastel jade.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Bottom Liner posted:

How are you getting soap on your floor instead of washing it down the drain?

Well technically 1 of the 15 18 uses is scrubbing floors.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

some clothes

a book cover

and some toilet paper

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
:stare:

EDIT for content:

Bought the new Steven Universe mobile game. Pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Free float should enhance performance over long distances.