Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...

QueenOfMistakes posted:

Coincidentally, I had two Mormons knock on my door tonight to try to tell me about Jesus. I've never seen one before in the UK. One was from Texas, the other was from Germany. I didn't know you could get German Mormons.

Oddly enough, despite essentially being an American religion, the oldest surviving Mormon church is in the U.K..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

That's mostly because of the chaos following Smith's death and the immigration of mainstream Mormonish to Utah. So you have a gap of several decades where most existing American Mormon communities are abandoned.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

Ask them when they started letting African-Americans join the Mormon faith and watch them squirm

I was not aware of that. I could have sworn I've met African-American missionaries. I'm pretty sure I've met Hispanic and Asian missionaries. I guess I'll have to ask the next pair just how racist is the Mormon faith.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Their are african american missionaries now. It's just that black people weren't allowed to be priests until 1978.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
That's a bit of a misnomer though, since every adult male member of the Mormon church is expected to go through the rites to become a priest. It would be like the Catholic Church saying black people could be Catholics but couldn't take communion. It's an essential part of the religion and without it blacks were regarded as second class citizens in the church.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

That makes it significantly worse than I originally thought, and I already thought it was bad.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I was raised Mormon and "fell away" after I got married. My parents are in the habit of sending the local elders after me whenever we move, which is kind of creepy.

One time (oddly, the last time) I asked the two women missionaries and their older lady "chaperone" why women didn't hold any position of authority in the church, more or less because I was feeling catty at that point. The missionaries fell dead silent while the other woman proceeded to go into a half hour spiel how it's the woman's duty to stay at home and support the priesthood behind the scenes, pop out the occasional kid, much like the way they did oh only two centuries ago.

Ask me about religious indoctrination.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

kinmik posted:

I was raised Mormon and "fell away" after I got married. My parents are in the habit of sending the local elders after me whenever we move, which is kind of creepy.

One time (oddly, the last time) I asked the two women missionaries and their older lady "chaperone" why women didn't hold any position of authority in the church, more or less because I was feeling catty at that point. The missionaries fell dead silent while the other woman proceeded to go into a half hour spiel how it's the woman's duty to stay at home and support the priesthood behind the scenes, pop out the occasional kid, much like the way they did oh only two centuries ago.

Ask me about religious indoctrination.

Tell me everything. What's the weirdest thing you've experienced growing up mormon? Were you allowed to have non mormon friends? Are mormons similar to jehovahs witnesses with the no presents or christmas gifts, or did your family give each other gifts? Were you allowed to even date boys?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Wedemeyer posted:

Tell me everything. What's the weirdest thing you've experienced growing up mormon? Were you allowed to have non mormon friends? Are mormons similar to jehovahs witnesses with the no presents or christmas gifts, or did your family give each other gifts? Were you allowed to even date boys?

Honestly the Church proper does everything it can to distance itself from backwards bullshit, but it doesn't discourage it in any sort of of sense. This is why you run into nice Mormons and batshit-might-as-well-be-JW's Mormons. Also raised Mormon and burnt out being home-schooled by said BYU grad's in lieu of actual public education.

They did Christmas and presents a lot but dating and anything having to do with outside interactions like a public school was a nono.

Ask Me about how my parents were the unholy combo between silicon valley randians and fundamentalist mormons.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Grognan posted:

Ask Me about how my parents were the unholy combo between silicon valley randians and fundamentalist mormons.

:catstare: Go on....

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

:justpost:

Aren't Mormons meant to donate to charity regularly?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mind Loving Owl posted:

:justpost:

Aren't Mormons meant to donate to charity regularly?

No, they're required to donate 10% of everything they earn to the church. Might be what you're thinking of.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Wedemeyer posted:

Tell me everything. What's the weirdest thing you've experienced growing up mormon?
There isn't any weird single incident that comes to mind, but one of the strangest aspects of the church, I believe, is the concept of "baptism for the dead". If you're familiar with the Mormon temples, you know that it's open to exclusively members only (except when one is newly built in which case there's an open house), which sounds vaguely cult-ish. An array of ceremonies take place there, from marriages to family sealing to the aforementioned baptisms. The basic gist of that is when someone who isn't part of the church dies, people pray hard and if they get a...feeling that the deceased wishes to become part of the church, from the afterlife, mind you, then another person is appointed a proxy for the deceased and gets baptized for them. The ultimate goal for families in the Mormon church is to be together forever, and the only way to achieve that is to live righteously, be baptized, and get sealed in the temple.

Wedemeyer posted:

Are mormons similar to jehovahs witnesses with the no presents or christmas gifts, or did your family give each other gifts?
We celebrated Christmas, and everyone I knew growing up did the same. Depending on our culture, we were also allowed to practice secondary beliefs. For example, a Chinese-Hawaiian family who were very prominent in our ward (our geographic congregation) celebrated Chinese New Year and other holidays. My mother's family was Buddhist and we went to Obon festivals and attended Buddhist funerals.

It depends entirely on the individuals though. My sister's ex was extremely against her even being curious about other religions. They would get into huge screaming matches whenever she read through the Koran or talked about Hinduism.

Wedemeyer posted:

Were you allowed to have non mormon friends? Were you allowed to even date boys?
Unlike Grognan, I went to public school, and unless my parents practiced an iron fist-like grasp on discipline, they would have been hard pressed to keep me from having non Mormon friends.

Most Mormon families discourage their children from dating until they're sixteen, and I started dating my husband at fifteen. My parents didn't like it, but they allowed it. It could be because I'm the youngest, but they were always very lax about what I did and didn't do. I wasn't one for parties and I've never done any kind of recreational drugs; I've always been alcohol intolerant. I'm grateful that they gave all three of us some measure of free will and that they weren't "uber Utah Mormon". They didn't disown me after I stopped going to church and they didn't murder me or my husband after they found out that we had been having premarital sex.

Depending on where in the world you are, Mormons will vary greatly in their beliefs. Grognan or any others, I'm very interested in hearing what your experiences are/were.

Seconding this.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Konstantin posted:

That's a bit of a misnomer though, since every adult male member of the Mormon church is expected to go through the rites to become a priest. It would be like the Catholic Church saying black people could be Catholics but couldn't take communion. It's an essential part of the religion and without it blacks were regarded as second class citizens in the church.

But women of every race were already second-class citizens, and still are. So, yeah, it was silly for the LDS church to do outreach to convert black dudes while they were blocked from the Melchizidek priesthood, but since they were also doing outreach to convert ladies, I don't think they noticed the cognitive dissonance.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I grew up in a family that the rest of the church 'lovingly'(with a very friendly smile to your face, but with a sort of catty, high school bathroom attitude behind closed doors) called 'jack Mormons', or 'salt and vinegar Mormons' meaning my parents and I still drank soda and coffee, my parents were known to swear and my mother was headstrong about womens issues in the church.

It was fun being pressured to get into business and become "successful" as a kid by a bunch of adults who were trying their hardest to not insult my parents about being poor and not-ideal-mormons.

I think the most bizarre thing about the church, before I left because I'm gay, was the very explicit allowance for polygamy in the afterlife thanks to how Temple Marriages(it's like a marriage, but extra-magical! :sparkles:) worked.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

ok I can't believe this thread is still alive as I haven't looked at it since 2011.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
My friends father wanted to block Christmas but his mother won out.

According to him, it's not against the faith to drink pop, just a common misunderstanding.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

kinmik posted:

There isn't any weird single incident that comes to mind, but one of the strangest aspects of the church, I believe, is the concept of "baptism for the dead". If you're familiar with the Mormon temples, you know that it's open to exclusively members only (except when one is newly built in which case there's an open house), which sounds vaguely cult-ish. An array of ceremonies take place there, from marriages to family sealing to the aforementioned baptisms. The basic gist of that is when someone who isn't part of the church dies, people pray hard and if they get a...feeling that the deceased wishes to become part of the church, from the afterlife, mind you, then another person is appointed a proxy for the deceased and gets baptized for them.
Incidentally, the LDS church has gotten in big trouble in this one a few times when some brilliant people decided to start posthumously baptizing lists of Holocaust victims. I believe the LDS leadership agreed to cut it out (with Jews, anyway), but I don't know if that actually stopped all the members from doing it.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Excelsiortothemax posted:

According to him, it's not against the faith to drink pop, just a common misunderstanding.
I have no idea if it's true, but I've heard something similar. Basically that it was a prohibition on brewed drinks, which depending on how you looked at it could include alcoholic drinks (brewed with yeast), caffeinated drinks (from brewing tea and coffee), or some even broader interpretation on drinks that include "drugs" like soda.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

ITT I learn why my Mormon friends were uncomfortable when in other Mormon communities.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PresidentBeard posted:

ITT I learn why my Mormon friends were uncomfortable when in other Mormon communities.

Yup, going to edit a post in here about things later this evening.

So basically because this was a situation that is pretty far out I'll start with the beginning and the attitudes and circumstances that bring this unholy union to fruition.

Start with a technically brilliant woman who started her electrical engineering degree at BYU after embracing the church as a salve to being in a broken up family that disrupted her attempts to socially connect with any peers growing up (ping ponging between homes, single working parents, no siblings). She managed to make it eighteen years into a heavily hosed up relationship (her first) before really snapping and having to get away from it all.

Enter stage right, a middle child from an old-school Mormon family that could and often did trace their linage back to the church's founding and the mayflower before that. Lots of bircher attitudes, hyper-controlling parenting, and physical and emotional abuse enter in at this stage (good old fashioned upbringing that was "totally normal" to beat the poo poo out of your kids). The older children either split off from the church largely or moved across the country. He does his mission to a north american country and goes to BYU. He and his older brother are the first people to make it to college in the family.

BYU campus(the only place to get a proper worldly education that isn't ungodly), she's 18 and in her first year of college they meet in their electrical engineering class and hit it off. They marry shortly there after. Pretty sure this stage is where he got a whiff of Objectivism. Both of them being strong A = A types they then applied their new-found assurance of philosophy with a just-world mentality so thick it congealed together into a poo poo lasagna that'll have some dire consequences later.

So with their degrees got and two children born they start working for IBM and Apple in the heyday starting around '88. This was a drat good time to be a qualified programmer/engineer in the bay area. There was a lot of potential in those days.

A note here, something that I think he got from his father before him is that he could never be wrong. He would bully, gaslight, or otherwise emotionally destroy people he was above and controlled, "for their own good".

We in the family were schooled in looking good to the outside world. We were always happy, our lawn was always greener, we were obviously just better than them(anyone outside the family). Obviously god blessed us, even the bad things were gifts from god. If you couldn't handle it, depressed, or needed help, that was just your lack of faith in the plan.

This is getting a little ahead because while they still lived in the bay area they were still surrounded by actual people and the sub-urbs were just too crowded/expensive/scary-people-living-there.

About '95ish they go way north to a town in the vicinity of Redding. Find a fixer-upper that was half finished with no neighbors for at least five miles. Good price on property and home, country life being a goal he had wanted. The fact that it allowed him to set up to live off the grid was also high on his list of priorities. You see, he thought Bill Clinton was going to take over and confiscate all the guns.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention he listened to talk radio religiously.

So this isolated house, plenty big for all the kids they wanted to have (ended up having more than seven, less than ten), enough land for arms caches, basement for the hidden food storage, solar water pump for the well and an almond orchard that wasn't cultivated anymore. Most importantly that isolation meant for a large portion of my childhood the only people I saw besides my family was the church once a week.

So being very adamant republicans/conservatives like their parents, they figured the public school systems were a joke. Worse than a joke, those ghetto kids went there and someone had gotten stabbed. My mother, wanting to be the best that she could got me started reading at a very young age like she did when she was young. She did her research and put together a decent regimen that gave me a good start on math, yet a hideously bad look at history or any sort of writing skills. She had never developed those skills and noone else was around to help me learn.

I would get bullets deposited into a peanut butter jar as a reward for getting high grades on tests. My back yard was a shooting range. I was a doomsday prepper before it was cool.

So I guess you can call this house Galt's Gulch. This is where they thought they would watch the rest of the world collapse under the weight of giving a gently caress about those peoples that didn't live morally by the church's standards. Because that's why bad things happened to people, because they deserved it.

As you could imagine, this wasn't the healthiest sort of environment to try and raise functioning kids. Pretty much me and all of my siblings had to get some major therapy to deal with the social isolation and anxiety attacks.

Now, it was a close call and a lot of socialization to go from one of these kids to a semi-functioning adult that isn't afraid to talk to people.

There, but for the grace of my first actual friend at the age of fourteen, I could have totally been one of the subjects in this thread.

Other directions I could specifically lurch towards Mom, please come back from WOW. Why there are no tapes of Christmas anymore. The Great Censoring. Solitary Isolation. "Why money makes us special"

Or just ask questions, I got a really good grounding of the basic theology in the church.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 2, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Grognan posted:

Mom, please come back from WOW
This one first. After that...

Well, there's a reason this is the thread that created :justpost:

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
What are Mormon attitudes towards Native Americans, particularly as regards conversion/the priesthood? I thought I had read somewhere that Native Americans were seen as half-demon and intrinsically soiled.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Everything Counts posted:

What are Mormon attitudes towards Native Americans, particularly as regards conversion/the priesthood? I thought I had read somewhere that Native Americans were seen as half-demon and intrinsically soiled.

What? I thought Mormons believed Native Americans were the lost tribes of Isreal.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
I may not have been reading a very reliable source, and in fact can't remember what it was. It sounds so batshit that it just might be true though, hence my curiosity.

(Sure I could Google it but this is more interesting)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Communist Zombie posted:

What? I thought Mormons believed Native Americans were the lost tribes of Isreal.

The mysterious white Indians that Joseph Smith found out about with his magic glasses were. Anyone who's not white is a different color because god hates them.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Oh boy, you're in for a treat. First of all, all Native Americans are descendants of ancient Babylonian settlers that crossed the sea in submersibles steered by god on the waves or they are the descendants of Lehi, his sons and extended family that left Jerusalem because they were guided by god. They lit the interiors of these submarines with stones touched by god given to Jared to light the way.

So Lehi had Nephi and Sam(good sons) and Lamen and Lemuel (bad sons). Nephi and Sam are guided by god, Lamen and Lemuel are the bad ones that whined about giving up their riches and nice cushy lives in Jerusalem.

They build a boat and cross that sea like a boss with another couple fan fiction faith rip offs from the new testament.

Lamen and company eventually are cursed with dark skin for doubting god and being bad guys. Nephi and sons get white skin because they are the good guys.

There is a period of time where they flipflop sides because they have to draw a parallel with the American revolution. But everyone is wicked up to the coming of Christ at 33AD or whatever. Rocks fall, every dies and most of the cities are wiped off the map in a way that conveniently explains why there are no cities around, nor their ruins.

Christ comes and everyone for a generation is awesome to eachother, proving the the best form of government is Christ leading everyone on earth. Then things go bad and genocidal wars happen that wipe out all the white people except for the title man of Mormon and his apprentice Moroni. Moroni buries the plates and guides Joseph Smith to them(as an angel) and helps him translate this clearly not at all made up plates that noone else can see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUJtqTY8pv4

Edit: I'll update tomorrow evening with some more stuff.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 2, 2015

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Something I've always wondered, is it true that Mormons believe that if they do everything right, they get to rule a planet after death? Because that sounds rad.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer

Scathach posted:

friend impersonates online boyfriend and two former classmates, then denies everything

Everyone keep the Mormon stories coming, but I would love to see this plotline handled in a childrens' cartoon. I learned how to deal with sleeping in the dark, schoolyard bullies, disagreements with friends, and all sorts of gushy moral lessons from my 1990s 'toons but kids these days need updated life lessons about why it's wrong to impersonate or invent new people on the Internet.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Now im imagining Destro conducting a plot to use the internet to steal people's identities and use that info to bankroll Cobra. Zartan is his primary method of doing so, pretending to be a woman to get their info via a dating website.

One of the Joes gets sucked in and looses all of his money(that they were going to use to build a life together!) and so the Joes trace back the IP address, kick in the door and set fire to the place.

Queue the PSA about keeping your identity safe and there you have it.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

DarkHorse posted:

I have no idea if it's true, but I've heard something similar. Basically that it was a prohibition on brewed drinks, which depending on how you looked at it could include alcoholic drinks (brewed with yeast), caffeinated drinks (from brewing tea and coffee), or some even broader interpretation on drinks that include "drugs" like soda.

It's because caffeine is considered a drug. That's why you often see LDS families drinking Sprite instead of Coke. Alcohol is restricted too of course, as are cigarettes.

I dated a Mormon once. He had really weird ideas about things and also eventually turned into an anime freak. I have no idea why all the ones that try to dress like goths or whatever end up spending thousands on anime crap.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Excelsiortothemax posted:

It's not quite 'against the faith', but it's also not a common misunderstanding.

Mormons have this stupid thing I got lectured on a lot called the Words of Wisdom that's supposed to be a sort of holy diet plan?

It includes the 'no drugs or alcohol' thing, and then a ban on 'hot drinks', not brewed drinks. The logic changes from day to day and person to person, personally I've heard all of the following as to why it's in there and why caffeine isn't cool:

- Hot drinks damage the lining of your stomach, so you want room temperature or cooler
- It just applies to anything with tannic acid
- It just applies to anything with caffeine
- "Heavenly Father said so, that's why."
- Soda is super bad for you anyway.

So everyone just avoids soda, coffee and black tea for their own stupid reasons because the church said so, vaguely.

"Ask Me How Postum* Tastes" :v:

*toasted, cracked wheat beverage, treated like coffee

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

bathroomrage posted:

It's not quite 'against the faith', but it's also not a common misunderstanding.

Mormons have this stupid thing I got lectured on a lot called the Words of Wisdom that's supposed to be a sort of holy diet plan?

It includes the 'no drugs or alcohol' thing, and then a ban on 'hot drinks', not brewed drinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1-DoIye5cs

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Everything Counts posted:

African Americans were treated the way they were in Mormonism because of how Native Americans appear in the Mormon texts. Darker skin equals more sin

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Something I've always wondered, is it true that Mormons believe that if they do everything right, they get to rule a planet after death? Because that sounds rad.
Close, but not really. After death, there are three celestial spheres your spirit can inhabit. Celestial, terrestrial, and telestial. The celestial is the place everyone wants to go, as it's the one where the three Godheads reside.

And I've found a link. Holy poo poo that infographic at the top of the page; I swear I've seen it every other Sunday lesson as a teen.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
"Telestial" sounds like a joke word.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

Yeah, when I was first watching 30 Rock that line reminded me of all that crazy poo poo and I just about died laughing.

kinmik posted:

Close, but not really. After death, there are three celestial spheres your spirit can inhabit. Celestial, terrestrial, and telestial. The celestial is the place everyone wants to go, as it's the one where the three Godheads reside.

And I've found a link. Holy poo poo that infographic at the top of the page; I swear I've seen it every other Sunday lesson as a teen.

Don't forget Outer Darkness, AKA Mormon Hell.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

kinmik posted:

How bad is this "Spirit Prison" I'm likely to get stuck in for 1000 years? Is it like "don't drop the soap" or is it more boring than anything else? Also what does the last bit of this mean "liars, and sorcerers, and adulterers, and whoremongers, and whosoever loves and makes a lie."? Like I thought it meant adultery, but that'd be redundant, so is it like "no lying if you love someone"?

bathroomrage posted:

Yeah, when I was first watching 30 Rock that line reminded me of all that crazy poo poo and I just about died laughing.

Don't forget Outer Darkness, AKA Mormon Hell.

I did not see solid information about how badly one has to gently caress up to get sent there, but I'm assuming whatever it is I've probably done it.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

Brightman posted:

How bad is this "Spirit Prison" I'm likely to get stuck in for 1000 years? Is it like "don't drop the soap" or is it more boring than anything else? Also what does the last bit of this mean "liars, and sorcerers, and adulterers, and whoremongers, and whosoever loves and makes a lie."? Like I thought it meant adultery, but that'd be redundant, so is it like "no lying if you love someone"?
You get lectured by Jesus regularly until you tell him to gently caress off(and get ejected into space) or give in. It's boring and you sit around all the time. As for the 'loves and makes a lie' thing I have no idea, maybe it's talking about deluding yourself.

Brightman posted:

I did not see solid information about how badly one has to gently caress up to get sent there, but I'm assuming whatever it is I've probably done it.

I never got a solid answer when I asked back when I was a kid, the most I got was a vague "Well, Hitler if he doesn't accept Jesus' teachings in Spirit Prison..." From what I can tell the only way you get thrown into 'Outer Darkness' is telling Jesus to gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

bathroomrage posted:

I never got a solid answer when I asked back when I was a kid, the most I got was a vague "Well, Hitler if he doesn't accept Jesus' teachings in Spirit Prison..." From what I can tell the only way you get thrown into 'Outer Darkness' is telling Jesus to gently caress off.
That is both hilariously passive-aggressive and kind of terrifying to imagine.

"Hey, dude, you wanna join my crew yet?"

"Go away, Jesus."

"Mmkay, I'll try again tomorrow. Outer Darkness will still be there."

• Locked thread