Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Well, when you think about it...

She physically wouldn't be able to have sex with a man who wasn't invulnerable *everywhere*. Even her trying to be *gentle* while in Hulk form would probably leave a guy in the ICU as a best case scenario. And if she reverted back to normal, there'd still be a biohazard as I think gamma-doped blood is extremely dangerous to 'normies.'

Jen's acknowledged it, too:

And: http://arousinggrammar.com/2012/07/12/she-hulk-loves-juggernaut/ (too many post-worthy panels on this page to copy to here)

Source: Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk, but the other woman is Betty Ross, and later on, she flirts with Wolverine and confirms his joints and bones are laced with Adamantium. The disembodied voice is Wolverine talking to Fury.

One of the most interesting things I remember about the pre-New 52 Wonder Woman was when she first brought Nemesis to Themyscira to meet her mother, he asked if she could feel it when he touched her, and she said 'no.'

And lastly:

Source: Unknown.

This is a really creepy, weird post. But She-Hulk has been shown in bed with normal dudes before with no ill effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

TheJoker138 posted:

This is a really creepy, weird post. But She-Hulk has been shown in bed with normal dudes before with no ill effects.

Including a few panels at that linked site, which is nearly 500 pages' worth of gold.

And sorry to sexualize a character that Marvel has clearly sexualized for comedic purposes. Didn't realize you were a member of the CCA.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 1, 2015

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Well, when you think about it...

She physically wouldn't be able to have sex with a man who wasn't invulnerable *everywhere*. Even her trying to be *gentle* while in Hulk form would probably leave a guy in the ICU as a best case scenario. And if she reverted back to normal, there'd still be a biohazard as I think gamma-doped blood is extremely dangerous to 'normies.'

Jen's acknowledged it, too:

And: http://arousinggrammar.com/2012/07/12/she-hulk-loves-juggernaut/ (too many post-worthy panels on this page to copy to here)

Source: Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk, but the other woman is Betty Ross, and later on, she flirts with Wolverine and confirms his joints and bones are laced with Adamantium. The disembodied voice is Wolverine talking to Fury.

One of the most interesting things I remember about the pre-New 52 Wonder Woman was when she first brought Nemesis to Themyscira to meet her mother, he asked if she could feel it when he touched her, and she said 'no.'

And lastly:

Source: Unknown.

You must think about superheroes doing it an awful lot.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

InShaneee posted:

You must think about superheroes doing it an awful lot.

Byproduct of being a Vampirella reader. :v:

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 1, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Gallery of Deadpool.

http://imgur.com/gallery/yCFIP

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 1, 2015

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there any other hero with less of a middle-ground than Deadpool? It seems he's either really drat good or just utterly awful.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
There are quite a few that are always poo poo, and basically have only one ground. Not sure if that counts.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pierson posted:

Is there any other hero with less of a middle-ground than Deadpool? It seems he's either really drat good or just utterly awful.

Howard the Duck.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TheJoker138 posted:

Howard the Duck.

Yeah, he's always awesome.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I've literally never read a deadpool that wasnt just the worst, desperately zany, painfully unfunny thing. He is the MemeBase of superheroes. I will never get the appeal.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Travis343 posted:

I've literally never read a deadpool that wasnt just the worst, desperately zany, painfully unfunny thing. He is the MemeBase of superheroes. I will never get the appeal.

Don't read bad Deadpool

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Hawkeye Vs Deadpool #0
Read Duggan-made Deadpool

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Or Joe Kelly.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Or Deadpool in Remender's Uncanny X-Force.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I like the Posehn Deadpool run. It doesn't shy away from the occasional pathos to ground the character a bit.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Die Laughing posted:

Or Deadpool in Remender's Uncanny X-Force.

Uncanny X-Force #24

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
A walking tumor in a bad wig just walked in with a huge gun and all that prostitute in the second page can muster is a vague expression of slight distress

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's Madripoor. That's a tuesday.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

AnonSpore posted:

A walking tumor in a bad wig just walked in with a huge gun and all that prostitute in the second page can muster is a vague expression of slight distress
That isn't a disguise. Deadpool is their co-worker.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, he's always awesome.

There have been some really lovely Howard the Duck mini's and one shots. The new ongoing seems good, thankfully, but a lot of the non-Gerber stuff was really terrible.

Also not a panel, but at least they broke the news about the Deadpool movie being PG-13 in a way that gives me hope the movie might still be good, while we're on the subject of him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUEkqZxLyrg

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I really wish you could still make R-rated movies. I guess the difference is parents just let their kids see whatever in the 80s.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I really wish you could still make R-rated movies. I guess the difference is parents just let their kids see whatever in the 80s.

Watch the video.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

But Ryan Reynolds is in it. :(

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

TheJoker138 posted:

Watch the video.

gently caress you Slater

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

Drugs. The answer is definitely drugs.

By the way, that's actually Reynolds in the costume.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I knew Skottie Young was a hip-hop fan, but I never thought he would sneak a Wu-Tang reference into an all ages Marvel book.

Rocket Racoon 010

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

But Ryan Reynolds is in it. :(

Reynolds is a good actor when given material to work with, and perfect casting for Deadpool. He already played him one and was fantastic. The issue was it was in Blade 3 and they called him Hannibal King, but still.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Going back to She Hulk for a moment, there was the time she had to testify in court about her love life, called by the Leader's defense to prove exposure to gamma radiation altered a person's behavior. It got interesting.

She Hulk #19

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Leader's case is ironclad, really. He was an unambitious janitor with no criminal record before getting gamma'd.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Kammat posted:

Going back to She Hulk for a moment, there was the time she had to testify in court about her love life, called by the Leader's defense to prove exposure to gamma radiation altered a person's behavior. It got interesting.
She Hulk #19

Unfortunately Slott then invents a incredibly complicated explanation for the Juggernaut thing, which was a bit of a ho-hum arc in the otherwise very funny and entertaining series.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Can I ask about the Ryan Reynolds thing real quick? I don't really know much about Deadpool but I'm vaguely aware that people have been after a Ryan-Reynolds-as-Deadpool movie for ages for some reason and I don't know why. Did it start before the X-Men: Origins thing, or was it because of it? What was so great about his performance that everyone decided they needed to get him back? I don't get it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

He's just really enthused about playing the role and has been pushing for the movie to get made with a script people liked.

I think he's been average at best in everything he's been in and every single comic book movie he's touched has been haunted by the grim specter of suck, so I don't really have high hopes.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
He's a comic book nerd and has been petitioning to play Deadpool in a standalone movie for years now. There was some test footage for a proposed Deadpool CG movie voiced by him that came out last year that was relatively well received.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah it's primarily a "if someone's going to play him, might as well be someone who knows/loves the character" and he hasn't been terrible as the character yet.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dolash posted:

Can I ask about the Ryan Reynolds thing real quick? I don't really know much about Deadpool but I'm vaguely aware that people have been after a Ryan-Reynolds-as-Deadpool movie for ages for some reason and I don't know why. Did it start before the X-Men: Origins thing, or was it because of it? What was so great about his performance that everyone decided they needed to get him back? I don't get it.

He's been the fan choice for the role since Blade 3 pretty much. Well before Wolverine Origins. When that movie came out it became a popular dream casting among fans of the comic, so much so that it was written into the comics for a gag. Ryan apparently caught word of it, read up on Deadpool and became a fan. He was asked about it in interviews for a while and when they started making Wolverine Origins and included the character he got to play it. What they did in the movie to the character sucked, but he was glad to be in it because he thought it might be his only chance to play the role. Not long after the rumors of the solo movie popped up, then the script was written and he got heavily involved in the pre-production. It went cold for years though because of Fox getting cold feet and then the script leaked on the internet and the whole thing just became a neat little what if scenario. Last year that CG test reel leaked, the internet blew up over it and Fox said it was on. Then Kingsmen went and proved you can do wacky action with R rating and still make good money so apparently Fox has decided to let them make the movie the way they want to do it.

The first time I remember him directly talking about it was not long after Blade 3 came out on the Blade 3 website. They had a message board there, because everything had a message board in 2004, and on that forum he would actually post with fans about the movie. He mentioned wanting to do it then and had even already been approached about it. So he's been attached to this for over a decade now. I'd say it's a pretty personal project to him for him to have held out this long.

X-O fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Apr 2, 2015

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
An R-Rating is the first step. Now if they can make it without Deadpool constantly taking off his mask and showing Ryan Reynolds un-horrifically-scarred face it might actually be good.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

The MSJ posted:

Drugs. The answer is definitely drugs.

By the way, that's actually Reynolds in the costume.

gently caress me, I have no right to be optimistic, nor am I a Deadpool fan at all, but that suit looks really, really good in motion.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Decius posted:

Unfortunately Slott then invents a incredibly complicated explanation for the Juggernaut thing, which was a bit of a ho-hum arc in the otherwise very funny and entertaining series.

And then Peter David turned around and re-retconned it, I think.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

InShaneee posted:

He's a comic book nerd and has been petitioning to play Deadpool in a standalone movie for years now. There was some test footage for a proposed Deadpool CG movie voiced by him that came out last year that was relatively well received.

That's not from a proposed CG movie, it's literally leaked CG storyboard/test footage from the movie they are currently making. The script leaked over two years ago, and this is a scene from it. It will probably be in the final film in some form or another.

E:

Bucnasti posted:

An R-Rating is the first step. Now if they can make it without Deadpool constantly taking off his mask and showing Ryan Reynolds un-horrifically-scarred face it might actually be good.

The leaked script made it very clear that he's totally hosed up looking under the mask. But to get around the issue of this, there's a good chunk of pre-Weapon X Wade Wilson in there as well, setting up his relationship with the love interest, villain, and his origin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

TheJoker138 posted:

There have been some really lovely Howard the Duck mini's and one shots. The new ongoing seems good, thankfully, but a lot of the non-Gerber stuff was really terrible.

Also not a panel, but at least they broke the news about the Deadpool movie being PG-13 in a way that gives me hope the movie might still be good, while we're on the subject of him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUEkqZxLyrg

Alright, that surprised the poo poo out of me.