Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Are these event dungeons in Record Keeper one time only, or do they rotate in and out? So if you don't get Tifa/Sephiroth now, can you get them sometime later again, or is this it? I don't really play these kinds of mobile games so I don't know how they work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So around floor 50, where it starts costing 10 stam per run the enemies are about average hard-level difficulty. Except they're still really crappy enemies with no annoying attacks so it's not that bad, aside from the stam cost.

Evil Fluffy posted:

One of the reasons to save mithril is to wait for more/better relics to be added. Right now we have a bonus with Tifa's weapon until the 4th. Japan usually has 3-5 relics associated with ah event and this version probably will too. That means we should, hopefully, get a katana added for Sephiroth (Cloud can use them too) after Tifa's weapon rate drops on the 4th or so.

Shinra event has a 2 star claw, katana, and armor. You get 3 of each if you clear all the levels so you'll be able to have a pseudo 4 star pair of weapons and armor which should be close to a base 3 star item. More importantly, there are accessories. Attack boosting accessories. :getin:

Keep in mind the levels will get harder as you progress in the event, though parties that're level 30 or so will likely be fine except against AOE heavy bosses I guess, at which point you get to damage race them unless you've been dragging White Mage along and want to try and rely on their limit once or twice for the AOE heal.

Replace Cure or Cura with Boost. Tyro's true purpose is to be a buff slave for Cloud and the other useful attackers.

I'm replacing Kain with Sephiroth. I might drop Rydia for Tifa as well. Cloud/Sephiroth/Tidus/Tifa/Tyro would be fairly potent, but I'm on the fence about Tifa.

Yeah I swapped out kain for Tifa and she's already hitting as hard as he was thanks to the FFVII boost. I'll probably replace wakka with Sephiroth. Tidus is my main booster right now for some reason, but cure is starting to become insignificant so I'll probably swap boost over sooner or later.

EDIT: also tidus is still faster than Cloud so I can often get a buffed lightning slash off asap with this set up. Though if speed is my concern here I should probably give buff to wakka since he's even faster.
Or does more magic make buffs, buff more?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Apr 1, 2015

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
It's easy to level Tifa right now, at least. Have her the best gear I can give her and sending her solo into Shinra 11-15. She's earning like 1400 xp for every 3 stamina.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Good Citizen posted:

Shinra tower is really easy up through at least the Tifa unlock stage if you've already beat the normal stages. I'd push farther but I'm out of energy and out of time for today.

It looks like there's accessories on the rewards list for higher levels of the tower. Is there anywhere else to get accessories at the moment? I haven't found a single one yet

I got up to level 51-55, which is 10 Stamina per floor and I haven't tried it yet. I'm assuming it gets much harder at this point but the previous level had an accessory for a mastery reward and was pretty easy, the accessory gives more attack. I mean up until this point I was literally autobattling everything but bosses, would be a bummer if getting Sephiroth was too hard for most people this early on.

I replaced Tyro with Tifa for now. She's nothing special at the moment.

Edit: So far the enemies are about the same difficulty, it's just 50 Stam to get through a "dungeon" chunk :(

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Apr 1, 2015

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Triple Triad added to the FF Portal app.

Oh my god.

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 1, 2015

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Himuro posted:

Triple Triad added to the FF Portal app.

Oh my god.

Yeah, let's just wait and see if it exists tomorrow.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's existed online for years

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I'm not loving joking! I just made a username!

Don't believe me, go to the Japanese App Store page for Final Fantasy Portal and it's right loving there fully displayed.

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/fainarufantajipotaruapuri/id933144512?mt=8

I loving hate April Fools.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Ragequit posted:

Yeah, let's just wait and see if it exists tomorrow.

Oh neat it will eventually (maybe already?) pull your cards from FFXIV. That's neat. I don't really care for Triple Triad so I don't stay on top of that stuff. Cool feature though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A FTP version of Triple Triad on iPads will just print Enix money. The joke is that it took them this long to release it

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Are there any bosses that drop whips right now? Rydia's defense is so bad, I might swap her out for Kain just for the rest of the event.

I hope they start to run multiple events concurrently; it's great there's such a long time to get Tifa/Sephiroth, but I'd like more variety of characters soon enough.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

A FTP version of Triple Triad on iPads will just print Enix money. The joke is that it took them this long to release it

Pretty much. It's actually crazy that they were sitting on this card game that people like while mobile games started taking off like 5 years ago. They even had some mobile games at the time.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh my god make a loving record keeper thread already this poo poo's unbearable

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Fungah! posted:

Join us!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Fungah! posted:

Yeah it is kind of annoying

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
yeah, jeez, stop talking about a final fantasy game in the final fantasy thread

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's barely a final fantasy game. Also mobile games aren't games.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i don't care if you people want to talk about your loving skinner box but jesus christ do i not want to read about it

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Fungah! posted:

i don't care if you people want to talk about your loving skinner box but jesus christ do i not want to read about it

I mean at least the MMO Final fantasies at least have narratives or something.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Fungah! posted:

Why are you reading the thread then? :confused:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Fungah! posted:

yeah stop making my eyes read your words im a simpleton who can't skip posts please send help

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
It's a new game that a lot of people are playing (unlike uh Type 0) so maybe someone who likes it a lot could and should make a dedicated thread so that we can go back to arguing about which Final Fantasy is the worst it's Record Keeper

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

literally, literally the entire last three pages has been about your loving mobile game. just go make a loving thread! the hand of god's not going to crush you like a bug if you hit the post thread button

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why dont you make it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

OK

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Does it make you mad that the mobile game - remember, mobile games aren't games! :spergin: - is being talked more gameplay-wise than Type 0 - which is supposedly a "real" game?

How about them apples? :allears:

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 1, 2015

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i literally don't care about type 0 either i just really don't give a flying gently caress about mobile games

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3710404

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Could you provide a list of what you do care about so we can make sure the topic stays on point?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

TurnipFritter posted:

Could you provide a list of what you do care about so we can make sure the topic stays on point?

hot babes and motorcycles

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Fungah! posted:

i literally don't care about type 0 either i just really don't give a flying gently caress about mobile games

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3710404

Thank you for making the Record Keeper thread! Are you going to be updating the OP with all valid information as well? :)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Himuro posted:

Thank you for making the Record Keeper thread! Are you going to be updating the OP with all valid information as well? :)

nope! probably not going to click it. someone else wants a better thread they can make one

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Fungah! posted:

hot babes and motorcycles

If only it were cool babes and motorcycles then I could recommend FF13 to you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Himuro posted:

Does it make you mad that the mobile game - remember, mobile games aren't games! :spergin: - is being talked more gameplay-wise than Type 0 - which is supposedly a "real" game?

More sad than anything else, really.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TurnipFritter posted:

If only it were cool babes and motorcycles then I could recommend FF13 to you.

You're saying lightning isn't hot?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Himuro posted:

PROTIP: spend $ to win

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

You're saying lightning isn't hot?

Vanille and Fang are. So is that young Hope girl everyone keeps talking down too.

Himuro posted:

As someone who played Type-0, type-0 is not a real game. It's barely a working piece of programming. And it's still slightly more enjoyable than any non-port mobile games.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 1, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Vanille + Fang OTP

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Vanille + Fang OTP

Add in the Shiva Sisters and then we'll talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

More sad than anything else, really.

yeah that's the only really interesting thing about record keeper, that it's somehow getting more buzz than type 0