Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
How are bull riding and NASCAR less conservative than college Football?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA's Keith Marshall back in full pads but non-contact jersey after sitting out for a few practices due to whatever the hell hamstring thing he had

I really want the 2012 Keith Marshall back but I think he is a bit too dinged up to get there.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

kittenmittons posted:

How are bull riding and NASCAR less conservative than college Football?

Go read the politics section of a Rivals site and then you will understand.

I saw Nick Saban in the Houston airport last week -- I think that means he's coming to UH.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Scarf posted:

WWE fans are primarily democrat? Man, rasslin' has changed

Every wrestling fan I've encountered has been either a hipster who got into it because it was funny and then stared too long into the abyss or a TFF poster.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Henchman of Santa posted:

Every wrestling fan I've encountered has been either a hipster who got into it because it was funny and then stared too long into the abyss or a TFF poster.

Yeah, every wrestling fan I know is a twentysomething nerd.

(I say this with love, for I too am a twentysomething nerd)

Pakled fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 1, 2015

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Basically everyone in Tuscaloosa loves football and wrestling no matter what their political leanings are because its the south goddammit

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Pakled posted:

A lot of that graph can be explained by the viewer ages. Wrestling fans are young, hence low turnout/democrat. College football fans are old as heck.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

Pakled posted:

(I say this with love, for I too am a twentysomething nerd)

That's probably mostly twentysomething nerds being exactly who "REMEMBER poo poo FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD???" is squarely aimed at. Which for a lot of us includes wrestling and grossly over-produced baseball cards.

Then again I hope you twentysomething nerds don't know a lot of twelve-year-olds. Unless they're the younger sibling of a talented collegiate football player and your school is recruiting them.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I'm honestly surprised he hasn't transferred at this point. UGA's roster is constantly overflowing with blue-chip RBs and even if he's totally healthy again, he was never the featured back, so it's hard to see him getting a ton of snaps again. He'd probably start at most other schools or at least figure prominently in the gameplan.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Johnathan Taylor's accuser has recanted. Normally you'd take it with a grain of salt since domestic abuse but she was also arrested for falsifying a police report. :psyduck:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Hmm, did her conscience get the better of her or maybe we should just check her bank account.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Darell Garretson is transferring from Utah State.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Soooo does this mean Taylor's going to be let back on the team?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Pakled posted:

Soooo does this mean Taylor's going to be let back on the team?

Who the gently caress knows? I think at the very least it would have to be proven that she actually lied (which is probably 50% going to happen if she's facing charges).

Gonna be interesting if it's Finebaum and the social justice crusaders that come out of this with egg on their faces instead of Saban though.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Raku posted:

social justice crusaders

Nah, probably not considering this guy's past.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

That's probably mostly twentysomething nerds being exactly who "REMEMBER poo poo FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD???" is squarely aimed at. Which for a lot of us includes wrestling and grossly over-produced baseball cards.

You youngsters weren't lucky enough to have baseball cards with a tasteful wood grain border. I like my baseball cards like I like my Plymouth Voyagers.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacemonkey57 posted:

You youngsters weren't lucky enough to have baseball cards with a tasteful wood grain border. I like my baseball cards like I like my Plymouth Voyagers.

they are also probably not old enough to know what a plymouth is

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Big Ten likely approved Jake Ruddock's waiver to transfer to Michigan.

Probably our starting QB next year.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

One of our reserve DEs, Devin Washington, is going to take a medical hardship to end his career after suffering a nasty concussion a couple years ago and never really being able to play since. Apparently even now, he's still dealing with bad headaches. :smith: Glad he's making the right decision for his health.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Raku posted:

Who the gently caress knows? I think at the very least it would have to be proven that she actually lied (which is probably 50% going to happen if she's facing charges).

Gonna be interesting if it's Finebaum and the social justice crusaders that come out of this with egg on their faces instead of Saban though.

I'm going to wildly speculate that what happened was she picked up her phone and heard 'y'all need to recant your god drat acus..acusss..words or I'm gonna kill you, roll drat tide' *click*

Seriously though, I'm usually one to defend the presumption of innocence, especially in our ridiculous college campus setting where everyone is guilty of something, but in this case she had physical marks on her body and the dude has DONE IT BEFORE soooo

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I'm going to wildly speculate that what happened was she picked up her phone and heard 'y'all need to recant your god drat acus..acusss..words or I'm gonna kill you, roll drat tide' *click*

Seriously though, I'm usually one to defend the presumption of innocence, especially in our ridiculous college campus setting where everyone is guilty of something, but in this case she had physical marks on her body and the dude has DONE IT BEFORE soooo

Again though. She was actually arrested and had to post bond. That probably wouldn't happen if the police didn't think she made the marks herself or with help, or if he didn't have a pretty drat solid alibi. Police departments don't tend to haul in abused women for not pressing charges.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Raku posted:

Again though. She was actually arrested and had to post bond. That probably wouldn't happen if the police didn't think she made the marks herself or with help, or if he didn't have a pretty drat solid alibi. Police departments don't tend to haul in abused women for not pressing charges.

College football town police departments though? This is the Post-Jameis Era. They have to make it look more convincing.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Look Sir Droids posted:

College football town police departments though?

I mean, they arrested two other football players last weekend so it's not like this is in Tallahassee? The cops here might be dicks but they're definitely not the kind of dicks that cover up for the football team.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Regnevelc posted:

Officially headed to Michigan now, not that there was much doubt. Good for him. With a good QB coach and Michigan having some talented if underused WRs he'll probably be the best non-OSU QB in the conference not named Connor Cook (he was pretty close last year anyway, because lol Big Ten)

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Funny how often the least possible thing in a DV/sexual assault case(false allegation) seems to come up in our tiny little football world.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Look Sir Droids posted:

College football town police departments though? This is the Post-Jameis Era. They have to make it look more convincing.

Yea no. Tuscaloosa PD gives no fucks about football.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Sash! posted:

the real question is where did they even find a WNBA fan

Gendo lives.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Officially headed to Michigan now, not that there was much doubt. Good for him. With a good QB coach and Michigan having some talented if underused WRs he'll probably be the best non-OSU QB in the conference not named Connor Cook (he was pretty close last year anyway, because lol Big Ten)

An above average QB could lead Michigan to 9-10 wins next year. If they upset OSU or MSU at home it could be an 11 win season.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Regnevelc posted:

Him or Malzone. The coaches are really high on Malzone.

MourningView posted:

Michigan could be under-the-radar good in 2015.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

AsInHowe posted:

Their schedule is trash, that's why.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Michigan is not likely to be under-the-radar anything...

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
I don't actually think Michigan's schedule is that bad. BYU is going to have their quarterback back and they were pretty dangerous for the portion last year they had him. I mean it's still a weak conference but if they win out or only have one loss they're a playoff worthy team.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Regnevelc posted:

Their schedule is trash, that's why.

I just now got around to looking it up. You aren't kidding :stare:

I'd be pretty pissed if I was a season ticket holder. Yeah you get Michigan State and OSU but holy hell those first 3 home games are a joke.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

I'd be pretty pissed if I was a season ticket holder. Yeah you get Michigan State and OSU but holy hell those first 3 home games are a joke.

poo poo, look at the off years.

Next year they have Penn State and..........

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

DJExile posted:

One of those games was supposed to be Notre Dame, by the way. That hurts the overall schedule.

This is the good year of the Michigan home schedule. Even years are now disaster years.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Regnevelc posted:

poo poo, look at the off years.

Next year they have Penn State and..........

I'd say "well they also have Wisconsin" but lord knows where they'll be at that point. They should just abandon the season if they don't win those first 3 games in 2016 though. That's a joke.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

Him or Malzone. The coaches are really high on Malzone.

By under the radar good do you mean good record but secretly bad like they were in 2011?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Spacemonkey57 posted:

By under the radar good do you mean good record but secretly bad like they were in 2011?

Pretty much.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Holy moley BG is going to be limping into the MAC schedule this year. I forgot about our opening games aside from Tennessee.

@Tenn, @Maryland, vs. Memphis, @Purdue

If we pull off even one of those it'll be a miracle. I know Purdue is rear end but after last year I assume nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

I'd say "well they also have Wisconsin" but lord knows where they'll be at that point.

I am going to go out on a limb and guess "a pretty good team that runs the ball super well"

• Locked thread