Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

I think they're still releasing it every weekday and it's probably more successful than Hollywood Handbook somehow

Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Yo is This Racist is 15 minutes long, has 5 minutes of repeating intro and outro, and a question like hey is it racist that spider man is black now to which the host and guest ramble about whatever unrelated junk they want for 8 minutes and then say yes but not in a way that's worth caring about. Also 80% of the guests are some guy on a UCB LA harold team and you've never heard of them.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Yo is This Racist is 15 minutes long, has 5 minutes of repeating intro and outro, and a question like hey is it racist that spider man is black now to which the host and guest ramble about whatever unrelated junk they want for 8 minutes and then say yes but not in a way that's worth caring about. Also 80% of the guests are some guy on a UCB LA harold team and you've never heard of them.
that format is racist towards purebred podcasts, 50 to 60 minutes minimum as God intended

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I know you're joking around but lets be real for a sec: I don't mind the mini one question per ep tape a weeks worth at once format, but in practice they re use too much of the intro. This is a constructive criticism.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

No I agree, I was only joking by using the crazy racism analogy. I do feel that podcasts should at least have some length to be worth it, or cut those aforementioned intros to something extremely minimal.
Doug Loves Movies does that well with his Doug Loves Minis. To be fair I haven't listened to them since they became their own podcast entirely, but at least when they were on his main channel they were just a short intro of "Hey Doug here, no full episode this week, just wanted to let you know that...etc"

E: Also, I've been trying to listen to the latest Lauren Lapkus episode but I think the reason I loved Dabny so much originally was because he was constantly interrupted by a incredulous Jason Mantzoukas either laughing or grilling him after every sentence. Without it it's kind of lackluster so far :(

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 28, 2015

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I know you're joking around but lets be real for a sec: I don't mind the mini one question per ep tape a weeks worth at once format, but in practice they re use too much of the intro. This is a constructive criticism.

Yeah that intro is a killer. I haven't listened since RSS was still a thing but at that time there were episodes that were 50% intro. not to mention the outro.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Also 80% of the guests are some guy on a UCB LA harold team and you've never heard of them.

Don't do this, this is gross. You're posting in a thread for a podcast network started by a guy whom I, and other people I knew who listened at the time, knew from being a writer on Mr. Show, and more specifically, being funny on the Mr. Show DVD commentary. Andy Daly, at the point he started doing CBB, was known as "some guy on a UCB LA harold team" at best (or that guy from Eastbound & Down but shut up), and that guy from that abomination known as MADtv at worst. Lauren Lapkus was just someone from a UCB harold team when she started doing I4H (or the girl from the Snickers commercial), and was mostly known for her I4H appearances when she started doing CBB. Same with a lot of I4H guests, especially earlier on.

What was I trying to say other than I have been listening to podcasts for way too long?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Yeah, even if the guests were famous it'd be a rubbish podcast.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Actually most of those people were on far superior UCB harold teams in new york, a decade ago, and were already working actors by the time Pod Casts existed.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Are the no-name guest hosts from With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus a representative sample size for Yo! Is this Racist guests?

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

which hollywood handbook is the one where they talk about ferguson

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Which one was it when they mention hamburger sandwich??

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

no thats the dave thomas ep where they talk about donald sterling

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

nevermind its the second pft episode. i love when they take crispus attucks down a peg

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

And the only one worth listening to is that white lady comedian saying Chicago is one of those typical midwest cities with no black people.

Think she also said Detroit, the blackest city in America, had no black people.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Trujillo posted:

That's the only episode I've listened to and that was hilarious.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

And the only one worth listening to is that white lady comedian saying Chicago is one of those typical midwest cities with no black people.

Trujillo posted:

SunshineDanceParty posted:

That's the only episode I've listened to and that was hilarious.
I wanted to go back and listen to this where I first heard it, and it's from I4H
Bonus Cut: Yo, Is “Yo, Is This Racist?” Racist?
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/bonus-cut-yo-is-yo-is-this-racist-racist/

e:
lmao it's better than I remembered
"no it's more for the middle america crowd, like arkansas, chicago and detroit, who only have one black people in town"

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 29, 2015

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I wish Andrew Ti would've taken her to task for that, but, like many internet denizens, he avoids confrontation. A podcast like that should be hosted by someone who will actually speak up when someone says something dumb as poo poo. like Besser, except not white.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Ugh white people.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Gil Ozeri is an amazing creepy dude.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Myq Kaplan also said on never not funny once that Boston doesn't have any Jewish people. It's the seventh most Jewish city in the U.S. and Massachusetts is the fifth most Jewish state

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Having posted that I acknowledge nobody cares but it bugged me like three years ago so there you go

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

man so many of you guys in this thread are outing yourselves as racists its insane

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Gonna tweet LL her next idea: yo is yo is this racist racist

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

Cool and good. posted:

:
no thats the dave thomas ep where they talk about donald sterling

they talk about hamburger sandwiches in a lot of the episodes.

I just got into the show and I really want a Matt Besser or Paul Rust ep

E: Saw there is a Paul Rust one, cool!

Slackerish fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Mar 30, 2015

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Saw the latest yo is this racist title today and had to laugh at how racist the premise is "is hitting on non white people racist".isnt the premise that every suggestion is racist make the show crazy racist themselves? "Stay in your lane people! No color mixing!"
Is this how they get listeners? To mock the show? :v:

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/bonus-cut-yo-is-yo-is-this-racist-racist/

Never forget

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
I'm sure the title is just a provocative joke, it's supposed to be a comedy podcast, even though it's not actually ever funny???

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I wish Andrew Ti would've taken her to task for that, but, like many internet denizens, he avoids confrontation. A podcast like that should be hosted by someone who will actually speak up when someone says something dumb as poo poo. like Besser, except not white.

Yeah, it's just very boring, I don't get what the appeal is supposed to be. I listened to the episode about whether the term "cargo cult" is racist and it was silly because neither knew what the word meant or how it was used, and Ti was even open about that, so they just kind of half-heartedly rambled about how it was racist because it was referencing primitive cultures being dumb or something.

I'm really far left, I'm down with anti-racism and critical theory and all that, but I don't get what you would ever want to listen to that podcast. It's not interesting or informed, Andrew Ti is crazy boring and not a comedian, and the guests are usually just random LA liberal actor types. It's like a parody of really shallow slacktivist anti-racism, but it doesn't play like that so I don't know what it's supposed to be.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Periodiko posted:

I'm sure the title is just a provocative joke, it's supposed to be a comedy podcast, even though it's not actually ever funny???

Yeah, it's just very boring, I don't get what the appeal is supposed to be. I listened to the episode about whether the term "cargo cult" is racist and it was silly because neither knew what the word meant or how it was used, and Ti was even open about that, so they just kind of half-heartedly rambled about how it was racist because it was referencing primitive cultures being dumb or something.

Ti and PFT did the same thing about sprinkles being called 'jimmies' which for which there's a surprising amount of research about but instead they just went 'yeah sounds racist to me lets roll with it'

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The first episode of Spontaneanation wasn't that great right?

Or is that just me

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I forgot all about it.

E:VVVV What he or she said.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 1, 2015

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Thanks for the reminder.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

The first episode of Spontaneanation wasn't that great right?

Or is that just me

I think it's just you. or different tastes or something idk

I think PFT overthought the improv section but things loosened up once Gourley chimed in, because he can't not be ridiculous. I liked the return of the monologue and guest segments from The Pod F. Tompkast.

The title and logo are pretty bad though. Seriously, what the hell

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

http://www.midroll.com/midroll-laun...campaign=buffer

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Womp It Up! starring Jessica St. Clair andLennon Parham will wrap up the month with the show’s Earwolf debut on April 20. 

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I think it's just you. or different tastes or something idk

I think PFT overthought the improv section but things loosened up once Gourley chimed in, because he can't not be ridiculous. I liked the return of the monologue and guest segments from The Pod F. Tompkast.

The title and logo are pretty bad though. Seriously, what the hell

it doesnt work as well without the audience suggesting local settings for the improv that PFT and co have never heard of and the whole show is them struggling to set their scenes, which was 4/7 of the original live shows that i went to, and none of you did.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I thought it was fine and had some funny bits. I imagine it'll get better later on.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
The improv bit was a little rough, but I was grinning like an idiot for Paul's rambles over Eban's pianoforte and the interview. If the improv is to Spont as the Great Undiscovered Project was to the Pod F Tompkast, I can live with that.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I'm really really bummed out that it turned out to be an improv podcast, as I don't particularly enjoy them when they don't involve Rob Huebel, Adam Pally, Ben Schwartz, Paul Rust, Jon Gabrus... Oh well!

(yes, i do think this episode of I4H is fantastic http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-dark-side-of-the-moon/ )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

cams posted:

I'm really really bummed out that it turned out to be an improv podcast, as I don't particularly enjoy them when they don't involve Rob Huebel, Adam Pally, Ben Schwartz, Paul Rust, Jon Gabrus... Oh well!

(yes, i do think this episode of I4H is fantastic http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-dark-side-of-the-moon/ )

That's my favorite i4h episode of all time. The albino sketch is my absolute favorite scene, followed closely by the Seth Morris Atlantis sketch.