Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

TheFluff posted:

So far the following people needs to post their email addresses:
- Infidelicious

Pork (dot) is (dot) Infidelicious (at) gmail (dot) com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

TheFluff posted:

Well, speak of the devil and he will materialise on your doorstep. I retract the offer of handing out EU keys to US people because I just got 20 US keys to hand out.

I've started handing these out so check your PM's, but I actually have to do real work today plus sit in meetings and poo poo so I'm not handing them all out at once. If you don't have PM's post your email address and I'll send you your key that way (xthetenth, looking at you).

Same name at hotmail would work great, thanks again!

Edit: Didn't realize the old posts were still getting tracked, that's phone posting for you.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 1, 2015

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

If there's a spare US key floating around, I have a friend who'd like to get into World of Boats.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

OSad posted:

The scary part about dive bombers is that it feels like you can only see the bombs when they're already blowing up around you. You can see the planes doing the screwdriver maneuver on top of you, but if there's an actual bomb model in the game, I have a hard time seeing it when I'm driving my ship.

TB's you can dodge. It's a little frightening when you see a squadron coming towards you but you can take steps to prevent that. Dive bombers, even though they don't do a lot of damage, they can loom right on top of your head and make the air around you start combusting. Scary to think about when they get their AP shells.

Won't it encourage people to stay closer to their AA support though? I see a lot of streams where people take their battleship off the arse end of the map and shoot at max range and I feel like they'd be much more effective if they played aggressively and "tanked" for the rest of their team. A battleship with a cruiser nearby is reasonably safe from torpedo's in the long run and destroyers are squishy.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
\res\content\gameplay\japan\misc\textures\

Just backup your original file beforehand. The res_mods route does not work. On updates you would need to check it was not removed.

You are right on, that works too now. It did not last patch.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 1, 2015

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Mods please rename thread to World of Spaceships: We all float up here

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/warships-changing-course/

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
The following people still need to give me their email addresses to receive keys (or give Senor Lowtax :10bux: for plat so I can send PM's):
- zxqv8
- sparkmaster

Infidelicious, did you want an US code or an EU one? I sent you an US one but if you'd rather have EU you can have that instead, please let me know which one you prefer.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 1, 2015

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em
I could use a US key if any are left. Thanks Fluff if you can make my day

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Holy cow?! Someone got enough keys to feed that huge NA key list?

I'm so giving you a random game off steam. Also, whats your steam?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

DISCLAIMER: I AM A COMPLETE loving MORON.

Where do I input the lovely, lovely beta key?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Missing Name posted:

World of warships portal. Don't put it in on the WoWP or WoT site. Apparently if you do, it'll eat your code and you still won't get access to the beta

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

PadreScout posted:

Holy cow?! Someone got enough keys to feed that huge NA key list?

I'm so giving you a random game off steam. Also, whats your steam?

I still won't have enough keys for everyone though :(

But if you insist, http://steamcommunity.com/id/renhanxue/

Missing Name posted:

On EU, you have to click "News" first and then on the right there's a link that says "Redeem invite code". Not so on the US, there I believe you use the regular signup form? Not sure though.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REDEEM THE CODE ON THE WORLD OF TANKS OR WORLD OF WARPLANES SITES, IT WON'T WORK AND MAY INVALIDATE YOUR CODE COMPLETELY

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

TheFluff posted:

I still won't have enough keys for everyone though :(

But if you insist, http://steamcommunity.com/id/renhanxue/

You still put a huge dent in it. I went from like 22 to number 2. When I get home from work you're getting a random something!

Kingcobra
Mar 15, 2007

Ignore me, I'm just looking around.
Key received, thank you to TheFluff for the code and to Dr. Arbitrary for keeping track of things.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Okay, so now I'm in beta, time to reread the entire thread to figure out how to not get blown up.

Anyone have tips for T1

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Thanks for the key! It's time to sink.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Didn't get one this time, but big props to TheFluff regardless! Still closer to getting one than spamming Twitch streams. Fingers crossed!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Okay, so now I'm in beta, time to reread the entire thread to figure out how to not get blown up.

Anyone have tips for T1

Never not play with goons.

Also this.

and this..

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

TheFluff posted:

Infidelicious, did you want an US code or an EU one? I sent you an US one but if you'd rather have EU you can have that instead, please let me know which one you prefer.

US, I just switched to EU when it looked like no US codes were going to be forthcoming.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Infidelicious posted:

US, I just switched to EU when it looked like no US codes were going to be forthcoming.

OK you're good to go then, keep the code you got!

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Got a key, thanks a lot!

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Still pining for a NA key over here, vlk3601 at gmail.com :)

Hope I'm not out of luck! Also, you're awesome!

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Sorry for being a bother, I'd like a US key instead of an EU one after all. And thanks so much for doing this The Fluff and Dr. Arbitrary!

Mirrors
Oct 25, 2007

Vengarr posted:

Mods please rename thread to World of Spaceships: We all float up here

I would completely unironically play the poo poo out of this.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Mirrors posted:

I would completely unironically play the poo poo out of this.

"We're off, to outer space... We're leaving Mother Earth..."

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I really hope someone makes the world of spaceships mod, even if its just a texture pack.

Mirrors
Oct 25, 2007

Madurai posted:

"We're off, to outer space... We're leaving Mother Earth..."

Thank you, I wasn't the only one thinking of a particular space battleship. of course I'm sure that was 100% the inspiration for it.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh yeah, it's the Space Battleship Yamato from Starblazers.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

It's probably too late, but I'd like a US key if some miracle were occur and keys rained into Dr. Arbitrary's hands.

My email is fyshen (at) udel (dot) edu

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

As much as I can't stand stupid April 1st gags, my body is ready for Space Cruiser Belgrano.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

demonR6 posted:

Oh yeah, it's the Space Battleship Yamato from Starblazers.

Starblazers? When I watched it the translation was "How things could have been if the honourable side had won World War 2"

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

loving, loving hell.

I couldn't find where to input the key because I gained Beta last month, since I last checked. My notification was in my spam folder. Someone else can use my US key - thank you Fluff, I made you do that for nothing. Send it to somebody on Schindler's List.

Now excuse me, it's obvious I need to start drinking again while I gently caress around with my beloved St. Louis. :downsgun:

e: nevermind. Redist'd code.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 1, 2015

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

NTRabbit posted:

Starblazers? When I watched it the translation was "How things could have been if the honourable side had won World War 2"

Starblazers was the recut made for US TV. Yamato became Argo, and the nationalism was cut out. The original was nationalistic as hell though.

The recent remake, Yamato 2199, is rad as hell though.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

NTRabbit posted:

It was nothing like that though?

Its Battlestar Galactica without Cylon babies, only the other way around because Battlestar Galactica was heavily inspired by SBY. The remake even added this Starbuck-like chick to make the circle complete.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I watched the modern remake and that's the impression I got, especially in the battle against the four carriers. Sure the effects were cool and it was fun to watch, but the underlying tone of the aliens being expansionist, imperialistic Americans was inescapable.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Missing Name posted:

loving, loving hell.

I couldn't find where to input the key because I gained Beta last month, since I last checked. My notification was in my spam folder. Someone else can use my US key - thank you Fluff, I made you do that for nothing. Send it to somebody on Schindler's List.

Now excuse me, it's obvious I need to start drinking again while I gently caress around with my beloved St. Louis. :downsgun:

Pm me your key plz plz plz

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

I watched the modern remake and that's the impression I got, especially in the battle against the four carriers. Sure the effects were cool and it was fun to watch, but the underlying tone of the aliens being expansionist, imperialistic Americans was inescapable.

Even after they changed some of the names to make them extra Nazi-like?

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Too many key giveaways to count and Fluff sorts me out in less than a day, thanks man!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Madurai posted:

Even after they changed some of the names to make them extra Nazi-like?

Even with the faux German names I never got the remotest impression they were referring to Nazi Germany, just didn't resemble anything about Nazi Germany at all. The fleets, the battles, the behaviour, the society, it all screamed post-war US to me.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
I may not be able to play the closed beta, but at least I can play the next generation of World of Warships! http://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/ocean-drift/