Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Solumin posted:

The best thing is pulling out a shotgun, firing madly thanks to all the +fire rate bonuses, and not using any ammo.

The whole tree works really well against bosses, too, since longer combat means more stacks.

Do you use the Flash Freeze skill? The one that freezes your stack count when you deal ice damage? It sounds kind of useful for maintaining stacks between fights, but it's easy enough to build up more. You could get some use out of it, but it requires too much management.

I didn't, because yeah, that sounds like too much work to keep track of, and you build up stacks at a terrific rate anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

DLC endboss chat again:
I got the guy on my second go-through, probably took around 45 minutes. Such a tedious fight, I didn't have much trouble staying alive thanks to all the health glitches floating around, especially once I'd shot off all the turrets and rocket launchers, the thing's just an annoying ammo sync. The fight basically becomes just running from ammo station to ammo station. And I think my biggest annoyance with the boss is that beam weapons can't reach him, and a beam was the only decent corrosive weapon in my arsenal.

That aside, I thought the DLC was good. I'd put it about even with the rest of the game, I thought it was definitely worth the $10.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Knormal posted:

DLC endboss chat again:
I got the guy on my second go-through, probably took around 45 minutes. Such a tedious fight, I didn't have much trouble staying alive thanks to all the health glitches floating around, especially once I'd shot off all the turrets and rocket launchers, the thing's just an annoying ammo syncs.

Is that the strategy? The turrets seem to take so much damage, I've never tried to take them out.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I usually don't have issues w/ console FOVs, but playing BL2 on the ps3 has felt a bit disorienting and given me headaches after longer sessions. Please tell me there's an FOV slider in Handsome.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Found a legendary called the Omni-Cannon in the DLC. It just straight-up causes an explosion at wherever you point the crosshair. I also found a legendary laser rifle called the Longest Yard that fires an infinite range sniper laser that does like a bajillion damage. I like the DLC so far!

edit: Awww Claptrap's greatest fear is other people being lonely :gbsmith:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 31, 2015

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Rinkles posted:

I usually don't have issues w/ console FOVs, but playing BL2 on the ps3 has felt a bit disorienting and given me headaches after longer sessions. Please tell me there's an FOV slider in Handsome.

Nope, sorry. Digital Foundry has their usual comparison up. FOV reduced from PC, no slider.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Chasiubao posted:

Nope, sorry. Digital Foundry has their usual comparison up. FOV reduced from PC, no slider.

Bleh. Maybe it's a bit wider than last gen? Maybe the increased frame rate will help...or something?

I mean, I'm still getting it eventually, but bummer.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Just got to EOS and it turns out I was wrong this DLC actually blows holy poo poo what a loving terrible boss

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Just got to EOS and it turns out I was wrong this DLC actually blows holy poo poo what a loving terrible boss

What platform?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
PC. I beat it in one try but that one try consisted of half an hour of staring up at the sky and holding down my mouse button which was boring and lovely and ugh. However, I consider it worth it because I got to watch every claptrap in the game explode and see fragtrap get shot in the face while Nisha and Wilhelm laugh it up so I take back my taking it back, the DLC was actually alright.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

So Aurelia with a Dahl electric sniper rifle shreds EOS. It's just staying alive long enough to dish out the damage.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I struggle to understand how people have problems with EOS but have not once mentioned Eclipse who is WAY worse. EOS was a dumb bulletsponge sure but Eclipse is just pure bullshit in the way it never stops attacking, even with multiple targets.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
Eclipse announces its missile attacks five seconds before, giving ample time to empty your clip and take cover.

Those rib things alongside the central path are all the cover you need, also. Even as Nisha, I basically ignored the adds even on UVHM and just shot the boss forever.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Eclipse might well telegraph it's attacks, but the problem we had was he didn't stop firing. That the SECOND we stepped out of cover we got hit and health gated, and when we inevitably died he would launch an endless (we stood and waited for a few minutes one time) barrage of homing missiles at the spawn point, which would get caught by the forcefield. Jump out of that forcefield and get instantly healthgated again! Over and Over.

Maybe it bugged out but it felt like so much bullshit.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I got stuck on Eclipse last night, and haven't tried again yet today. Soloing him is an exercise in endurance, and twice I had exhausted his shield and worn him down to half his health or less, and then died. It was frustrating as hell.

Also, I noticed a bug with the Shadowtrap fight. If you're soloing and die, when you respawn he goes back to full health and has an unbreakable shield, but Hope and Self-Esteem or whatever the minibots powering the shield are called no longer spawn, making Shadowtrap invulnerable. I had to save and quit and go back in for them to spawn normally and let me drop his shield.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Okay so I want to finally try out this nonsense. I'm a few hours away from the final boss (on normal).

What's the recommended quick way of getting to lvl 50 once I can access tvhm? (BL2/PS3)

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Rinkles posted:

Okay so I want to finally try out this nonsense. I'm a few hours away from the final boss (on normal).

What's the recommended quick way of getting to lvl 50 once I can access tvhm? (BL2/PS3)

Gibbed editor.

Add me and we can kill stuff together on PS3. PSN: DrSmasher

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?
Does anyone have a loot colour rarity table for Cheat Engine for TPS? There was a nice single purpose one for BL2, but I can't find one for TPS. There is a big comprehensive cetrainer file for TPS, but when I use it to adjust loot colour rarity all ammo becomes rockets. Not ideal.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dr.Smasher posted:

Add me and we can kill stuff together on PS3. PSN: DrSmasher

That's really cool of you, but at the moment I want a bit of alone-time grinding. Thank you, though.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

xPanda posted:

Does anyone have a loot colour rarity table for Cheat Engine for TPS? There was a nice single purpose one for BL2, but I can't find one for TPS. There is a big comprehensive cetrainer file for TPS, but when I use it to adjust loot colour rarity all ammo becomes rockets. Not ideal.

Yeah I modified the BL2 single purpose script for TPS. I have a link for it on my home PC which I can post in a few hours if you can't be bothered to look through the thread and find it.

vvv Right there, thanks!

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 1, 2015

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Found it for you:

AirRaid posted:

OK so I futzed with the Loot table that AHungryRobot Linked and decided it was too complicated and annoying, so I took the salient points from that one and threw them into the old loot table file for BL2.

Result: TPS Loot table file with a lot easier access and the "Sensible" preset I made for BL2 alreaady loaded. Grab it here. This also has the dumb CE 6.2 check removed so you can use the newer versions with no hassle.

Credit to whoever made the original, I forget.

You can just run that file direct, once TPS is loaded. Click the Item/Rarity checkbox then the presets one and choose a preset, or modify the numbers manually. I'm not sure if the "Drops" section at the bottom works any more, might be broken.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Not sure what the ratio is of times the Baby Maker has gotten me out impossible situations versus the times it's killed me during accidental looting reloads.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
My one complaint about The Pre-Sequel is the lack of a wide variety of interesting loot. I think it's largely that I'm spoiled by all the DLC weaponry from BL2, but there don't seem to be a lot of good red text weapons.
On the other hand, regular weapons are actually worth using in this game. Plus it sounds like the Claptrap DLC added a bunch of cool weapons, so maybe this issue would be resolved if the game had more content coming.
Another part of it is that I played so much UVHM with a basically fixed inventory that I don't expect regular weapons to be useful anymore. (Melee Zer0 -- all I needed was a Rubi/Grog Nozzle, Rapier and Hide of Terramorphous. Why bother with anything else?)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Solumin posted:

My one complaint about The Pre-Sequel is the lack of a wide variety of interesting loot. I think it's largely that I'm spoiled by all the DLC weaponry from BL2, but there don't seem to be a lot of good red text weapons.
On the other hand, regular weapons are actually worth using in this game. Plus it sounds like the Claptrap DLC added a bunch of cool weapons, so maybe this issue would be resolved if the game had more content coming.
Another part of it is that I played so much UVHM with a basically fixed inventory that I don't expect regular weapons to be useful anymore. (Melee Zer0 -- all I needed was a Rubi/Grog Nozzle, Rapier and Hide of Terramorphous. Why bother with anything else?)

Any legendary carryovers in PS from 2?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Rinkles posted:

The vast majority of TPS' legendaries are carryovers from 2.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Rinkles posted:

watho posted:

The vast majority of TPS' legendaries are carryovers from 2.

There are some direct ports (Flakker, IVF which is just the Baby Maker), slight tweaked remakes (Fatale is the Bitch with Cryo, 88 Fragnum is a nerfed Unkempt Harold), and whole new ones (Viral Marketer). Most of the new ones are Lasers and Oz Kits, of course.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Marketer is from 2 as well, actually. I only know this cause I just loaded up my BL2 siren last night and I had one :D

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Solumin posted:

There are some direct ports (Flakker, IVF which is just the Baby Maker), slight tweaked remakes (Fatale is the Bitch with Cryo, 88 Fragnum is a nerfed Unkempt Harold), and whole new ones (Viral Marketer). Most of the new ones are Lasers and Oz Kits, of course.

The Viral Marketer is actually just the Conference Call :v:

The campaign DLC introduces some cool as hell new ones though, I've only found a few of them so far (see my post above)

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Chasiubao posted:

Marketer is from 2 as well, actually. I only know this cause I just loaded up my BL2 siren last night and I had one :D

CJacobs posted:

The Viral Marketer is actually just the Conference Call :v:

The campaign DLC introduces some cool as hell new ones though, I've only found a few of them so far (see my post above)

I based my comment off the wiki, which doesn't list the Viral Marketer in BL2 and doesn't the describe it the same way as the Conference Call. Viral Marketer is always corrosive with bouncing bullets, while the Conference Call has bullets that split on impact/after a certain distance.
They do have the same skin though, which makes it more confusing.

I'm excited to try out the new guns in the Claptrap DLC, but I'm still waiting for the Season Pass to go on sale. :smith:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Solumin posted:

That's pretty drat lazy.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Rinkles posted:

That's pretty drat lazy.

Good thread title: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - That's pretty drat lazy

Seems like they put all their effort into making the skill trees awesome. And making blue-rarity red text weapons, I guess. Everything else is blocked doors and copied weapons :v:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Solumin posted:

I based my comment off the wiki, which doesn't list the Viral Marketer in BL2 and doesn't the describe it the same way as the Conference Call. Viral Marketer is always corrosive with bouncing bullets, while the Conference Call has bullets that split on impact/after a certain distance.

Ah. sorry for the confusion :)

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

This thread makes me really want a true current gen Borderlands game. Give us a bunch of planets each with a vault and let us go to town.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Chasiubao posted:

Is that the strategy? The turrets seem to take so much damage, I've never tried to take them out.

It took a long time to take out all the turrets, but it makes it easier to run around and pick up ammo over and over again in the second half of the fight. It's probably not the optimum strategy, but it worked.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Viral Marketer is an always corrosive Conference Call, and it absolutely SHREDS the big stupid flying boss just after Vorago Solitude.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Ultimate Mango posted:

This thread makes me really want a true current gen Borderlands game. Give us a bunch of planets each with a vault and let us go to town.

I mean...by the way BL2 ended, it seems like the next step is an MMORPG like you describe. I know that waaaaaay back in the day (possibly before BL1 was even released), the publisher secured the rights to other "Border-" titles, including "Borderworlds". Not that that really means anything, but it wouldn't surprise me to see 2K poo poo out a "Borderworlds" style MMORPG somewhere down the road.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Jesus loving christ that endboss.

It's probably our fault for jumping right into the DLC from TVHM so everything was always like 5-10 levels above us but two friends and I spent at least an hour fighting both forms. Homing missiles that can hit you even in spawn? Attacks that take you down in 1 or 2 hits like always? Bulletsponge bosses? Breaks where the boss can literally recharge its whole shield and we have to take it down all over again? We each died about 40 or 50 times apiece during this we were just lucky to die in shifts so the boss never regained all its health back. We also didn't have edited top-of-the-line gear so that probably didn't help.

I really wasn't feeling TPS before but I think I'm going to skip any future DLC. I'm just so disappointed because I really liked BL2.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Jesus loving christ that endboss.

It's probably our fault for jumping right into the DLC from TVHM so everything was always like 5-10 levels above us but two friends and I spent at least an hour fighting both forms. Homing missiles that can hit you even in spawn? Attacks that take you down in 1 or 2 hits like always? Bulletsponge bosses? Breaks where the boss can literally recharge its whole shield and we have to take it down all over again? We each died about 40 or 50 times apiece during this we were just lucky to die in shifts so the boss never regained all its health back. We also didn't have edited top-of-the-line gear so that probably didn't help.

I really wasn't feeling TPS before but I think I'm going to skip any future DLC. I'm just so disappointed because I really liked BL2.

Well you're in luck, because that's it for DLC. Finito, pal.

EDIT: Wait are you saying you were 5-10 levels below the boss? And the rest of the DLC enemies? You couldn't do that poo poo in BL2 either. It's probably a loving miracle you made even made it through the DLC to begin with if you were so woefully underleveled. :wtc:

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Apr 2, 2015

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Well you're in luck, because that's it for DLC. Finito, pal.

EDIT: Wait are you saying you were 5-10 levels below the boss? And the rest of the DLC enemies? You couldn't do that poo poo in BL2 either. It's probably a loving miracle you made even made it through the DLC to begin with if you were so woefully underleveled. :wtc:

poo poo, at that level even stuff a level or two ahead of you is daunting. 5-10? That's completely absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I believe it was Claptrap who said that if you see a skull and crossbones next to the enemy's level, you're probably about to get your rear end kicked.

• Locked thread