Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

You know, we never do find out Android 8's true power. He could be the strongest android of all....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Chiaotzu is definitely a bigger jobber than Yamcha, Jesus Christ. Chiaotzu couldn't even make it to the final preliminaries in the 23rd TB before losing, even Yajirobe made it further. His relevance ends well before any other character (getting killed by Piccolo) and he pretty much goes the way of...Oolong after he wipes himself out to no avail in the Saiyan saga.

Yamcha sucking is a fun meme and stuff but at least he was still showing up to things in the Cell Saga.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Who is the bigger jobber: Yamcha, or Chaoutzu? My money is on chaoutzu.

I don't recall if we ever see Chiaotzu winning a single battle in the manga. In the 22nd Tenkaichi, he advanced to the 2nd round I guess but we never see his preliminaries, then he looses against Krillin; in the 23rd Tenkaichi he looses in the qualifiers, he dies against Nappa and that's about it I think.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yamcha doesn't have a girlfriend, Chiaotzu has Tien.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

facebook jihad posted:

Chiaotzu is definitely a bigger jobber than Yamcha, Jesus Christ. Chiaotzu couldn't even make it to the final preliminaries in the 23rd TB before losing, even Yajirobe made it further. His relevance ends well before any other character (getting killed by Piccolo) and he pretty much goes the way of...Oolong after he wipes himself out to no avail in the Saiyan saga.

Yamcha sucking is a fun meme and stuff but at least he was still showing up to things in the Cell Saga.

Do you know what a jobber is? It's a wrestling term for a wresler who loses to other to sell how strong they are. Which is literally the only thing Yamcha does past his first appearance. He loses to Jackie Chun, Tenshinhan, Shen, the Saibamen and Dr. Gero. It's not about how much he sucks, it's his role in the story, as opposed to Chaozu, who just becomes irrelevant.

e X fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 1, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yamcha played pro baseball, Chiaotzu is five.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

My spellcheck says "Chiaotzu" which by default knows the way to spell every DBZ character's name for some reason.

That is because you have a good spellchecker.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

e X posted:

Like, Buu actually successfully absorbing Vegito

That'd be an unwinnable boss battle.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

e X posted:

Do you know what a jobber is?

No hurrr explain to me what your cool insider wrestling terms mean.

As explained above, the 'tzu doesn't win a single fight and loses relevance extremely early. That's like the Gillberg of DBZ

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i think all the human characters suck except krillin and videl. the former is a brave man who continuously fights with the heavyweights even though he sucks in comparison. the latter is an up and comer with a strong spirit.

KoB
May 1, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Yamcha played pro baseball, Chiaotzu is five.

Yamcha is smart. If I were Yamcha or Krillin I would have played professional sports or been Satan before he came along.

18 has to swindle money out of dudes even though her and Krillin are stronger than 99% of the planet. They need to leverage their abilities.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

e X posted:

Cool or unique techniques are another thing that fell to th wayside in DBZ in favor of pretty generic beam spam.

There isn't really much generic beam spam at all in the manga. For instance, practically every technique that Freeza had was a lazy insta-kill for a person or an entire planet, which fit his personality. All the energy attacks are character matching and specific, as well.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Darko posted:

There isn't really much generic beam spam at all in the manga. For instance, practically every technique that Freeza had was a lazy insta-kill for a person or an entire planet, which fit his personality. All the energy attacks are character matching and specific, as well.

Yeah I think this gets over-represented largely because of Gohan and Cell's dueling kamehamehas, plus Vegeta vs Goku. Sure, lots of dudes have a huge beam attack, but every character seems to have individual ki attacks that make sense for them.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I like 16's rocket hand

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

e X posted:

You do that in storymode, too. And in pretty much every single other DBZ game. For the PQ, I hoped for some more outlandish stuff, not the same scenario we have already seen a dozen times over. Like, Buu actually successfully absorbing Vegito, orBroly going SS3 or 4.

The entire game is one giant What-If story mode, so it's kind of a shame, but if they had put effort into it, it would still have been lost (heck, it might even have been already) among all the other already existing quests and stories that are already "standard".

But we might have more luck with Xenoverse 2.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Zzulu posted:

I like 16's rocket hand

16 is a beast in Budokai Tenkaichi 3 as long as you customize him to take into account the fact that Androids have horrid default Ki generation in that game since most of them can't manually charge Ki, that and him having a somewhat crappy ultimate move since his is him self-destructing(which is somewhat sub-optimal compared to a lot of other ultimate moves in that game)

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I think we've talked about Yamcha losing long enough, let's talk about how Goku is a bad dad now lol

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

sharktamer posted:

I think we've talked about Yamcha losing long enough, let's talk about how Goku is a bad dad now lol

Better idea. Let's talk about how Piccolo is a good dad.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

android 18 is hot

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

WickedHate posted:

Dr. Gero made two teenagers into threats way stronger then Freeza. Gotta give the guy some credit.

He also put his own brain in a robot body. Although Dr. Wheelo did that first...

Well, getting the brain out was the easy part. The hard part was getting the brain out.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Deakul posted:

android 18 is hot

eh 6/10.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Deakul posted:

android 18 is hot

Bitch has a five-head.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

18 is a classy lady

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

New Leaf posted:

Bitch has a five-head.

she got dem ole bedroom eyes tho man she practically beggin for the d

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Radditz is a huge piece of poo poo, honestly. Out of all the antagonists in the series he's probably the worst, with the exception of maybe Commander Red. That's why Dragon Ball Minus conflicts with the main story, it paints Goku as somehow accepting his dad's "good side" or "#notallsaiyans" or whatever when Radditz is a piece of poo poo that ransoms his brother's son for 100 corpses and fronts false confidence and all this other stuff.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

New Leaf posted:

Bitch has a five-head.

I'm tempted to make a Code Lyoko joke here

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Deakul posted:

android 18 is hot

You sound like half the middle school dudes at my old stomping grounds

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
The difference in training styles between the turtle and crane schools is that Yamcha and Krillin fire kamehamehas at the ocean over and over. Tien and Chiaotzu fire dodon rays at mountains over and over.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

facebook jihad posted:

Radditz is a huge piece of poo poo, honestly. Out of all the antagonists in the series he's probably the worst, with the exception of maybe Commander Red. That's why Dragon Ball Minus conflicts with the main story, it paints Goku as somehow accepting his dad's "good side" or "#notallsaiyans" or whatever when Radditz is a piece of poo poo that ransoms his brother's son for 100 corpses and fronts false confidence and all this other stuff.

Yeah if there was ever a reason for a protagonist to not care that they've killed their brother, Raditz is it.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
I just saw Team Fourstar's April Fool's video. Way better than their normal Twitch poo poo.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Kanzenshuu's summary of Revival of F is up

it's not remotely what I was expecting!

trailers were mostly a fake-out, almost the entire movie is freeza getting clowned on

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Blockhouse posted:

Kanzenshuu's summary of Revival of F is up

it's not remotely what I was expecting!

trailers were mostly a fake-out, almost the entire movie is freeza getting clowned on

Yeah, I read it too. the whole thing sounds really :geno:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Xibanya posted:

That's kinda how the Battle of Gods summary read too...and that turned out really good.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Xibanya posted:

I feel the complete opposite. It seems kinda goofy, like it's not taking things TOO seriously, and everyone is kinda acting in-character. Doesn't sound like it's as amazing as BotG but it still sounds like it's entertaining. Also Grunkle Piccolo babysitting Pan is in the movie! :3:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

You guys should really withhold judgement until you actually see the drat thing. Spoiler summaries never convey the full story well. A summary of Battle of Gods does nowhere near justice to how awesome that movie is

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
I am determined to not spoil myself for this thing. It would be one thing if the English dub was going to take like a year to come out, but it's just this summer! I can do it!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

mycot posted:

I am determined to not spoil myself for this thing. It would be one thing if the English dub was going to take like a year to come out, but it's just this summer! I can do it!

You can win? You feel great?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

jivjov posted:

You can win? You feel great?

Yes yes yes!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

jivjov posted: