Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Spoeank posted:

Unless Alcantara vomits all over himself I don't see a reason to hang onto Baez.

He strikes out 41% of the time :psyduck:

He could easily rake in Iowa and get a call-up. Alcantara can play center and left. I'm think they'd jettison whoever the 5th OF is (Denorfia?) if there was a logjam in the outfield, but they're not gonna keep Baez down if he hits.

...or the more likely scenario is he continues his two true outcomes whiffery and stays in Iowa until September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

commish posted:

After taking a year off from fantasy baseball, I am back with a first draft tonight. I don't even have much time to crunch my own numbers/come up with my own break/dud lists. What's the consensus on useful fantasy baseball sites? And yes, fantasy world, Arenado, sleeper, breakout player, got it, got it. I think his agent must have paid every fantasy writer off.

I think there's a lot of value to be had this year, in my draft I found that some of the recent breakout players from the last two years were going for absurd prices, while others were fairly cheap. There is also a good chunk of 'getting kind of old and coming off a down year' former studs that came at a pretty decent discount. Guys like Braun/Votto/Fielder/Pujols(even though he had a solid 2014)/CarGo/Kemp/Ellsbury/Ortiz/Pedroia/Holliday/A-Gon all went for very reasonable prices in my auction.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Bregor posted:

He could easily rake in Iowa and get a call-up. Alcantara can play center and left. I'm think they'd jettison whoever the 5th OF is (Denorfia?) if there was a logjam in the outfield, but they're not gonna keep Baez down if he hits.

...or the more likely scenario is he continues his two true outcomes whiffery and stays in Iowa until September.

Sweeney is going to end up getting released, I think.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bregor posted:

I looked up his AAA stats and 30% K-Rate & .250 ISO in 2014 :vince:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
OK final draft of the season 10 team h2h. I think im set up quite well (hrs count as 7!)

Rosario
Abreu
Dozier
Donaldson
S. Castro
Springer Dingers
Dickerson
Calhoun
Bruce
K. Bryant heh just noticed that could be Kobe.
Duda
Pederson
LaRoche
Neil Walker
Pollock

Pretty solid?

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 1, 2015

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Finish up my 12 team head to head 5 categories draft, categories are:

Avg, K (dumb i know), HR, RBI, OPS, SB

ERA, WHIP, K/9, NSVH, IP, QS

C Yadier Molina
1B Victor Martinez
2B Howie Kendrick
3B Ryan Zimmerman
SS Jose Reyes
OF Giancarlo Stanton
OF Yasiel Puig
OF Jorge Soler
UT Steven Souza
BN Joe Panik
BN Alex Rodriguez :smug:
NA Francisco Lindor

SP Masahiro Tanaka
SP Gio Gonzalez
SP Anibal Sanchez
SP Jose Quintana
BN Hyu Jin Ryu
BN Rick Porcello
BN Carlos Martinez
RP Zach Britton
RP Darren O'Day
RP Kenley Jansen

Jansen, Ryu, and who knows who else will end up in one of the three remaining DL spots, freeing up some spots for more relievers/hitters once the season kicks in.

I'm not too pleased about my starting pitchers - Tanaka and Ryu are in questionable health, but I've tried to round it out a bit by picking up Martinez and Porcello off free agency now that the league is active. Any thoughts on big weaknesses? I'm definitely going to need more backup in hitting, and probably drop Lindor to move Souza to my N/A spot once he gets demoted.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Is there a way to do a quick-draft on Yahoo, but change it to Roto instead of H2H?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I tried. It always seems that a roto league is two hours out.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
Am I right to say no to a deal where I would get Upton and Kemp for my Cespedes and Rendon? It is a keeper league, and I'm pretty thin at 2B even though Rendon is out for three weeks with the knee issue. Or should I go with Upton/Kemp?

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

Ratedargh posted:

Am I right to say no to a deal where I would get Upton and Kemp for my Cespedes and Rendon? It is a keeper league, and I'm pretty thin at 2B even though Rendon is out for three weeks with the knee issue. Or should I go with Upton/Kemp?

If you don't have a 2B to replace Rendon you probably shouldn't take the trade but it is a fair trade, and tempting.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Ratedargh posted:

in a vaccuum, i'd go with kemp + upton. cespedes isn't good, and rendon is a huge question mark. kemp and upton have their issues, sure, but you know they're decent to outstanding when healthy, and for the time being they're healthy.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Ratedargh posted:

Obvious question is what they all cost to keep. (Well, all except Cespedes since he's not that good at any price.)

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Ratedargh posted:

Who is your 2b? I'd probably do it though.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
In R, RBI, SB, OPS who would you rather have for occasional subbing on other players off days or platooning (Note, steals mostly guys):
Eric Young Jr
Emilio Bonafacio
Craig Gentry
Jordan Schafer
Michael Bourn
Angel Pagan

..obviously starting to scrape the bottom here hahaha but I drafted a power heavy team without much steals.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

ChiTownEddie posted:

In R, RBI, SB, OPS who would you rather have for occasional subbing on other players off days or platooning (Note, steals mostly guys):
Eric Young Jr
Emilio Bonafacio
Craig Gentry
Jordan Schafer
Michael Bourn
Angel Pagan

..obviously starting to scrape the bottom here hahaha but I drafted a power heavy team without much steals.

I like Schafer the most out of that group, but that's not saying too much!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm obviously biased but I think Schafer has the best chance to give you some runs on top of the steals.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Drafted the weirdest goddamn team, never owned any of these guys before besides Brantley. Standard 5x5 roto. Really did not plan on people like Cespedes, Kluber, Teheran, or Perez but a lot of people in my queue got snatched often.

C - Salvador Perez
1B - Jose Abreu
2B - Dee Gordon
3B - Evan Longoria
SS - Alcides Escobar
OF - Adam Jones
OF - Michael Brantley
OF - Yoenis Cespedes
OF - AJ Pollock
BN - Aramis Ramirez
UT - C. Granderson

P - Corey Kluber
P - Gerrit Cole
P - Julio Teheran
P - Alex Cobb
P - Jose Quintana
P - Kyle Lohse
P - Matt Shoemaker
RP - Mark Melancon
RP - Glen Perkins
RP - Fernando Rodney

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was offered Belt and Benoit for Carlos Santana

This looks like a good deal right????

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Did another snap draft last night..... had the last pick. Not really sure how I feel about it.

12 team H2H 5x5

C: Russell Martin
1B: Crush Davis
2B: Brian Dozier
3B: Josh Donaldson
SS: Hanley Ramirez
OF: Justin Upton
OF: Corey Dickerson
OF: Gregory Polanco
UTIL: Rusney Castillo
UTIL: Justin Morneau
BN: Jean Segura

SP: Jordan Zimmerman, Tyson Ross, Gio Gonzalez, Alex Cobb, Masahiro Tanaka, Carlos Martinez, Danny Duffy
RP: Glen Perkins, Luke Gregerson, Brad Boxberger, Joakim Soria, Wade Davis

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
Both Nathan and Soria are on my WW in a 10 team roto. I'll have room when I can put Uehara on the DL and I grabbed Mujica last weekend.

Go for Nathan for some short term saves until he explodes or Soria for the ROS, or neither?

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

euphronius posted:

I was offered Belt and Benoit for Carlos Santana

This looks like a good deal right????

You'd be the one giving up Santana? If so, I don't really like the deal. Has Benoit been confirmed closer for the Padres? If not, you are getting a setup man and a downgrade on offense. I'd rather start Santana at 1st than Belt, AND Santana has 3B eligibility. Do you need a RP really bad?

Who would you be dropping to make room for the extra player?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bud Black said Benoit is the CL in ST. Don't need a 3b.

I'd probably drops some scrub middle reliever.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That's a really bad trade for you unless you're in a like 20 team league with 3 RP spots and you punted saves entirely

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

don't pay for saves.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dynasty league, not many saves avail at draft.

League is full of veteran players and getting saves off the WW is doubtful.

loving Boxberger was a keeper.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

After I accepted, this guy claims he meant to offer Billy Butler, not Belt.

Hmmm.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Rusney optioned to AAA.

loving Victorino.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

ChiTownEddie posted:

Eric Young Jr
Emilio Bonafacio
Craig Gentry
Jordan Schafer
Michael Bourn
Angel Pagan

Pagan is the best OPS guy on that list from anywhere from 40 to 150 or more points of OPS so you might be shooting yourself in the foot in OPS in exchange for maybe a steal or 2 if you're just subbing these guys in. Worst case scenario, somebody like Young or Schafer goes 0-5 and saps your OPS and gives you no steals.

I would go with Pagan because he wont' kill you in any given category like most of the rest of these players and could give you some steals. Bourn would be the next guy I would go with, for similar reasons, and then Bonifacio.

I say this because you're using these guys as subs and not everyday guys so there's no way to guarantee they'll steal a base on that one day you use them so I would insulate against failure.

http://www.fangraphs.com/projections.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&type=zips&team=0&lg=all&players=l20613

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Ah, good points. I should probably evaluate it similarly. Also because I imagine guys like Eric Young Jr will remain of waivers for a while in case I reaaally just need more steal later.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I just traded Andrus for Chris Archer. I am not sure how others feel about this deal, so I thought I'd make it known here. Two things made me do this deal:

1) I have Segura as a back-up SS. I don't expect anything from him, but he was cheap to draft, and I figured "what the hell?" It's probably not a great gamble, but SS is such a wasteland this year, that who knows.
2) With the recent injury to Wheeler, and Ryu possibly going down for a while, my top pitcher is probably Shoemaker. I like my staff, but none of them are stars (Fiers, Bailey, Hutchison, and Leake round out the rotation). Archer was one of the guys I was aiming for on draft day, and I think he could do well this year.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Vernacular posted:

Rusney optioned to AAA.

loving Victorino.

Not entirely surprising, but god damnit. I have Rusney on all 4 of my teams... dude is a stud when he's played. :(

loving Victorino, indeed. :argh:

I wish the Sox would just release him, I know never gonna happen, but he has been a huge dick/clubhouse-cancer this entire spring basically throwing Mookie under the bus. At least he is fragile as gently caress so it shouldn't be too long until he hurts himself.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Victorino is one of the nicest guys in baseball, not a clubhouse cancer by any stretch of the imagination. And he never said anything about Betts.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

commish posted:

Who is your 2b? I'd probably do it though.

My 2B otherwise are Aaron Hill and Omar Infante.

Kemp would cost 26 next year and Upton 30.

Rendon would cost 11 and Cespedes 17.

I also have Javier Baez, but I'm not thinking he'll make much of a positive impact. If he was more of a sure thing I'd probably have accepted already.

Oh, and for the sake of extra information: my outfield is Joc Pederson, Adam Eaton, Wil Myers, Jorge Soler, Desmond Jennings, and the aforementioned Cespedes.

Ratedargh fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Apr 3, 2015

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Schweinhund posted:

Victorino is one of the nicest guys in baseball, not a clubhouse cancer by any stretch of the imagination. And he never said anything about Betts.

He didn't say Betts' name specifically, but it was pretty clear who he meant, saying the Sox should have traded him for Hamels because "veterans win games". He's been kind of a jerk about demanding playing time all spring.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Schweinhund posted:

I really don't know one way or the other, but for what it's worth that exact phrase is being used on sports radio in Boston. I know, sports radio... But sometimes these things develop from nothing.

What are peoples' expectations from Castillo? This year and long-term?

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Castillo is expected to be a reliable bat from what I've read and that he probably won't be held down too long. They talked about him on Grantland a bit in the AL East Preview and they expect him to be more of an impact than Victorino, especially when/if Victorino goes down with an injury.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I have the 12th overall pick in my H2H keeper league in about 20 minutes. It's a 7x7 with SLG and OBP added for hitters and QS and CG for pitchers. My keepers are Altuve, B. Hamilton, and Braun for hitters and Kluber, Shields, and Arietta for pitchers. The top available players are:

McCutchen
Stanton
Bautista
Jones
Cano
Ramirez
Hernandez
Beltre
Tulowitzki
Desmond
Ellsbury
A. Gonzalez
Price
Upton
Greinke
Freeman
Arenado
C. Gonzalez
Dickerson

Who should I be looking at with my pick? My feeling is probably Desmond if he's available, lock up the middle of my IF with top talent and then just fill in 1B, 3B and my last OF spot in the next few rounds before worrying about pitching. Failing that I'm thinking one of the 1B (Gonzalez/Freeman) or Ellsbury. Thoughts?

e: It's a 10-teamer and I don't have a 1st round pick, if that matters (I'm supposed to be drafting 9th overall but I traded my 1st last year)

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Apr 3, 2015

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just finished the draft in Monday_'s keeper league, looking for thoughts. Keep up to five, two rounds of inflation, no keeping third round or higher players, max of three years of keeping, WW pickups can be kept in the 25th. 10 team 6x6 h2h with OPS and Holds, max 50 transactions for the year, minimum 36 IP per week.

C: Mesoraco (K: 23)
1B: Duda
2B: Cano
SS: Tulo
3B: Machado
MI: Dozier (K: 18)
CI: A-Rod
OF: Dickerson (K: 25), Pollock, Callhoun
UTIL: Werth, Polanco
BN: Sano

SP (start 5): Greinke, Hamels, Cole, Wacha, Pineda, T. Walker (K: 22)
RP (start 5): Holland, Melancon, Clippard, Davis, Giles, Betances (K: 24)

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I'm in the same league as IcePhoenix and Monday_. I too would like thoughts on the following:

C: Posey
1B: Bautista
2B: Utley
3B: Seager
SS: Alcides Escobar
CI: Ortiz
MI: Rendon (Kept in 20th)
OF: Puig, Braun, Pence
Util: Revere, Arenado (Kept in 17th)
BN: Frazier (Kept in 23rd)

SP (Start 5): Lester, Teheran, Cueto (Kept in 9th), Gray, Fister, Ventura, DeGrom (Kept in 25th)
RP (Start 5): Perkins, Papelbon, Herrera, Soria, Aaron Sanchez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

mentholmoose posted:

I'm in the same league as IcePhoenix and Monday_. I too would like thoughts on the following:

C: Posey
1B: Bautista
2B: Utley
3B: Seager
SS: Alcides Escobar
CI: Ortiz
MI: Rendon (Kept in 20th)
OF: Puig, Braun, Pence
Util: Revere, Arenado (Kept in 17th)
BN: Frazier (Kept in 23rd)

SP (Start 5): Lester, Teheran, Cueto (Kept in 9th), Gray, Fister, Ventura, DeGrom (Kept in 25th)
RP (Start 5): Perkins, Papelbon, Herrera, Soria, Aaron Sanchez

I like this team now and in the future. Relievers are a bit thin, but otherwise solid.

• Locked thread