Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Kakaricho posted:

Jeez, Emoto looks like Nakayama's "After meth" photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!
Thanks for all the great releases team. It's great to see you guys try to complete out Season 15. I patiently await one episode that features the Game Center MSX segment :)

Any status on the season 0 interview episodes? I'm assuming they aren't in the near future, and that's OK, because they probably aren't very good GCCX episodes, but I've always wondered about them since some of the untranslated episodes seem to feature some pretty big names in the industry.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
It looks like Game Center CX will be participating in Niconico Choukaigi with Nintendo to show off Mario Maker.

Mario Maker is a short Mario level creator coming to the Wii U, so I can imagine some the staff all happily making levels for Arino to play.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

pichupal posted:

It looks like Game Center CX will be participating in Niconico Choukaigi with Nintendo to show off Mario Maker.

Mario Maker is a short Mario level creator coming to the Wii U, so I can imagine some the staff all happily making levels for Arino to play.

Kaizo levels of Mario. If the AD can do it in under an hour, it'll take Arino at least 5!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Next challenge is I.Q. on the Playstation.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Kakaricho posted:

Next challenge is I.Q. on the Playstation.

Rest in peace, Arino.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

There's a new segment too called DJ Monster. They use Monster Rancher to find out the most powerful J-Pop music.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Kakaricho posted:

There's a new segment too called DJ Monster. They use Monster Rancher to find out the most powerful J-Pop music.

Is the format like Barcode Battler, or does he just sit down and pit the two against each other?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Fooley posted:

Is the format like Barcode Battler, or does he just sit down and pit the two against each other?

Sounds a lot like it to me.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I hope they have a save with all the breeds unlocked. Wonder if they'll hit any special discs?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Kakaricho posted:

I am super super excited about this.

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
With Top Gear effectively cancelled because Jeremy Clarkson is a huge knob, what is Game Center CX like now???

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Famibomb posted:

With Top Gear effectively cancelled because Jeremy Clarkson is a huge knob, what is Game Center CX like now???

It turns out Arino will join Top Gear and Clarkson will take over for Game Center CX, so the analogy remains.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
We all know it was more like "Top Gear - It's like GameCenter CX for cars" anyway.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
"It's like Top Gear for video games... only not cancelled"

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Now I'm just picturing Arino being sleep-deprivingly ragey off-camera, hurling an incredible string of insults to Kan longer than most of his challenges, before challenging him to Street Fighter...real Street Fighter.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

The thread title has always been really bad, maybe now we can change it?

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Katana Gomai posted:

seriously

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Game Center CX - It's like An Idiot Abroad for video games, but the Idiot stays at home

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Game Center CX - Extensive Planning, Immediate Failure

That's always been my favorite summary of the show

I mean I guess at this point you have to decide whether you want the title to be a joke for people who already watch the show or something to describe it for new people and I just don't think you can really accurately describe it in the words you're allowed for the title so I went with the former

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Game Center CX -

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

univbee posted:

Now I'm just picturing Arino being sleep-deprivingly ragey off-camera, hurling an incredible string of insults to Kan longer than most of his challenges, before challenging him to Street Fighter...real Street Fighter.

Don't forget the racism!

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Game Center CX - Hundreds of hours of a middle-aged man playing old video games badly.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Game Center CX - I Tried to Play Doom on Japanese TV

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Game Center CX - His smile and optimism: gone

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

FredMSloniker posted:

This right here. Interesting enough to hook new people and a good recognizable line for frequent viewers.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

FredMSloniker posted:

I vote for this one.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

FredMSloniker posted:

I can hear that dramatic music sting in my head right now.

Also I vote for this :D

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

FredMSloniker posted:

+1

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Kacho No Bonus.

A normal amount.

It's OK to hug a lot of girls!

If titles could someone be audio, just Kan saying "Alas..."

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 2, 2015

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Wouldn't you want a thread title to attract new viewers? Just be straightforward. "Middle-aged comedian plays retro games (poorly)" or something like that.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

"A Dull Job For A Dull Man" is my personal recommendation.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Honestly the gold rating is gonna attract a lot more people than whatever title you pick

At least I think so

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

GANDHITRON posted:

Wouldn't you want a thread title to attract new viewers? Just be straightforward. "Middle-aged comedian plays retro games (poorly)" or something like that.

Game Center CX - Goons like this show so much the company hired them

well, one of them anyway.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

The title actually drew me into this thread/series because I liked Top Gear :smith:

But yeah, it's time for a change. Voting for smile and optimism.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Just make the title link to this image.

http://i.imgur.com/tKUhT.jpg

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Game Center CX -

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Smile and optimism is probably the most famous line from the show so it pretty much has to be that one.

That said if images could be thread titles, it should definitely be this one.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

I also like this as a general draw for people who don't know the show well (I use that line sometimes when SHTF at work), but as a fan, personally it's gotta be...

In "Arino's kind of mean sometimes" news, Nanako Kodama, a model, posted on her Twitter that "It's April 3rd, so I'm 28. I hope everyone will keep supporting me!"
Arino's response? "You're one step closer to being an oooooooooooooooooold lady. Happy Bday."

https://twitter.com/arimorokoshi415/status/583790072983486464

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

I made a little bot that translates Arino's tweets into English: https://twitter.com/arino_ebooks