Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's still just Joe, Jenn, and Hali though. Will flipped on them like a bitch.

Oh yeah, Shirin is on their side too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Silly Burrito posted:

A 3-1 vote with 12 people voting. Dang.

There had to be at least 4 votes on Kelly based on how Joe/Jenn/Hali/Shirin were reacting

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

Kelly's talking, so she's going home.

:smugdog: :smug: :smuggo:

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

blue squares posted:

3 was enough, so 7?

That makes sense. So Jenn, Hali, Joe, Shirin vote Kelly, Will votes Hali, everyone else Jenn? Then the blue collars still have the numbers, even if Will flips back.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Lone Goat posted:

There had to be at least 4 votes on Kelly based on how Joe/Jenn/Hali/Shirin were reacting

Next week should be fun.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

rafington posted:

How many Jenn votes were there?

42?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

rafington posted:

That makes sense. So Jenn, Hali, Joe, Shirin vote Kelly, Will votes Hali, everyone else Jenn? Then the blue collars still have the numbers, even if Will flips back.

Yeah. Maybe it's time for Sierra to flop on Rodney and Dan.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Boxman posted:

Also, the B plot of Will being pissed off about that vote is strong.
Haha, oh yeah, he was definitely the Hali vote. That's hilarious, give someone a test to see if they're loyal, that if they pass the test, they'll be mad and won't be loyal anymore.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
I really don't understand why their target was Kelly of all people, like not only is she someone I never would have thought of, but they didn't even seem to question it.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

Haha, oh yeah, he was definitely the Hali vote. That's hilarious, give someone a test to see if they're loyal, that if they pass the test, they'll be mad and won't be loyal anymore.

Haha

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Is Kelly on the jury? I missed that in my joy.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Jenn's victory cackle was so satisfying.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

rafington posted:

I really don't understand why their target was Kelly of all people, like not only is she someone I never would have thought of, but they didn't even seem to question it.

Didn't she say at the beginning that she was done with the blue tribe for sure, basically lying to them to their face?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

rafington posted:

Sierra and Rodney both have reasons to defect
Dan is a goat
Maybe they expected Mike to play an idol?
Kelly and Carolyn seemed close...ish

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Poque posted:

Is Kelly on the jury? I missed that in my joy.

I don't think so, Jeff would have said "and the first member of our jury" if she were.

Votes went:

Shirin/Joe/Jenn/Hali - Kelly

Will - Hali

Everyone else - Jenn NOBODY

Synrax
Nov 19, 2005
Indeed
Awesome tribal. Would like to see Jen, Hali, Joe keep going but they're badly outnumbered.

Ironically need to root for Rodney to sabotage the majority alliance.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

Didn't she say at the beginning that she was done with the blue tribe for sure, basically lying to them to their face?

They must have had suspicions (or actual info) about Mike helping Kelly at the memory challenge.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Yeah, I think Kelly is a good choice. She is smart, loyal, and ABOVE ALL, level-headed. The more nutcases on blue collar, the more likely no collars will find openings.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

Sierra and Rodney both have reasons to defect
Dan is a goat
Maybe they expected Mike to play an idol?
Kelly and Carolyn seemed close...ish

Mike is the obvious vote to me too outside of fear about the idol, it seems like that entire alliance would fall apart as soon as he goes home.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

rafington posted:

Shirin wanted her out so the no collars went with that to get her vote.

Hopefully now the blue collars will eat themselves so Joe, Hali, Jenn, and Shirin can be the final four.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I feel kinda bad for Shirin, she was super enjoying that tribal but her new alliance is just stringing her along.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

blue squares posted:

Yeah, I think Kelly is a good choice. She is smart, loyal, and ABOVE ALL, level-headed. The more nutcases on blue collar, the more likely no collars will find openings.

This exactly

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Poque posted:

I feel kinda bad for Shirin, she was super enjoying that tribal but her new alliance is just stringing her along.

Well they'll probably like her more than Will now, making her the defacto fourth person.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Will boned his old alliance simply to get boned by his new one. WHOOPS.

Synrax
Nov 19, 2005
Indeed
Anyone think the next 4 episodes will be pretty bad? It will be picking off Jenn, Hali, Joe, Shirin because those 4 are too tight but they have no social game to bring anyone into their alliance. The other 7 still have their own sub alliances where they think they can make it to final 4. So they would have no incentive to switch alliances.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

The best part of this episode was when my girlfriend came into the room as Kelly was being voted out and asked "Who's Kelly?"

Ah, Survivor thread memories.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I loving love the fact that Will just inadvertently saved Jenn by trying to play the weasel. Even in betraying his own alliance, he *still* manages to blow up his own game for their benefit. :allears:

Next week will be pretty loving dire for the No Collars, though. It'll likely either be Joe or Jenn on the chopping block yet again with very little room for leverage, unless Rodney prematurely freaks the gently caress out and tries to stage a coup that sends everyone scattering to different corners.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

How did Will save Jenn? He didn't have anything to do with why the other side picked Jenn over Holli

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

He "saved" her by switching sides. If he had stayed loyal to the No Collars, he would've leaked the plan (as far as he knew) for everyone to vote Hali and Jenn might not have played her idol correctly to counter the real vote. But with no inside information from Will to steer her wrong, she was forced to play it safe and just cover her own rear end on a guess.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Oh, yeah, you're right. Thanks.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

Generic American posted:

He "saved" her by switching sides. If he had stayed loyal to the No Collars, he would've leaked the plan (as far as he knew) for everyone to vote Hali and Jenn might not have played her idol correctly to counter the real vote. But with no inside information from Will to steer her wrong, she was forced to play it safe and just cover her own rear end on a guess.

:aaaaa:

This was a great episode, for sure. The alliance of 4 definitely has a strong chance of surviving, I think. An effectively played idol REALLY scares the shaky members of the majority and leads to all kinds of frazzled decision making. People forget that with all the idols Russell found, he only ever used two correctly-- and both times it caused complete chaos and caused majority alliance members to flip to his tiny minority alliance out of fear of it happening again.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Great episode... but for gently caress sake... 'MERICA? :ughh:

Jenn, Joe and Hali will be on the ropes for the next few weeks while Will plods along being useless until it's his time to go as an easy sacrifice week. I didn't think Kelly was the right play when they could have went for a guy like Mike because as we see it, Joe will be in the crosshairs until he is gone. His only hope is an immunity beast run which only sends Jenn to the briney deep so I'm conflicted on which way this should go since I like Jenn but she needs Joe around as a meat shield or she's toast.

This season is so streets ahead of last year's suckfest it's not even funny. At this point last year we were watching the Getalong Gang Alliance making polite moves and apologizing for it. :jerkbag:

edit: Also for as long as they have been at the camp with the HII still hidden, I'm surprised neither of the transplanted collars to their new camp have even thought to maybe go take a looksie around for it.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 2, 2015

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

rafington posted:

Silly Burrito posted:

This was addressed during the scene where Jenn, Hali and Shirin were sitting on a log and talking. They all felt annoyed by Kelly saying that she was with the No Collars right before the merge but once the merge happened she immediately went directly to Mike and spoke with him the entire time, so J/H/S figured out that she was totally lying. Because they were annoyed with Kelly lying to them they decided to make her the target (I'm sure the real life reasons were more than that, but that was the reason presented to viewers)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

blue squares posted:

Well, level-headed after the accident.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
I can see why Carolyn and Tyler went with blue collars. Joe, Hali, and Jenn will never flip on each other, but the blue collars already want to vote each other off. But good god, yeah they all hosed that up so bad.

I still don't like Jenn. :shrug:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Jenn's great. Even if she goes next week, she's legendary. But I don't think she will. Either Rodney will do something stupid, or Joe will lose immunity and get got.
Kinda wish things had scrambled a bit more, but I understand why they didn't. And it also makes sense that Carolyn and Tyler went with the blues, because Tyler's observed their dysfunction firsthand, and Carolyn knows Rodney's ready to backstab the blues when push comes to shove.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

Haha, who would ever do a crazy thing like that?!

I think the blue collars have enough insanity among them to implode before getting rid of the other 4. Hopefully they will because I really like Jenn and Rodney can go away any time now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's nothing better than a great immunity play, this episode ruled. I really want Joe/Jenn/Hali to ride the game out to the end but I've got no idea how they could make that happen. I also really like how Tyler handled himself as the swing vote, he looks like he's having so much fun playing the game (and maybe he's getting kinda hot?)

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

You take Kelly out because it will completely destabilize what's left of the blue collars. She was Mike's lieutenant and a big part of his plans for the game. Mike is going to go nuts trying to adjust. It gives Rodney his chance to grab control back from Mike and chaos might erupt.

This is similar to when Kelly was voted on on Samoa. She was Luara's #2 and when she was voted out the majority Galu tribe pretty much fell apart and never recovered. Laura lost her iron grip on things and the rest was pretty incredible to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Number19 posted:

This is similar to when Kelly was voted on on Samoa. She was Luara's #2 and when she was voted out the majority Galu tribe pretty much fell apart and never recovered. Laura lost her iron grip on things and the rest was pretty incredible to watch.

I see your point but the only reason they voted out Kelly S over Luara was because Luara won immunity that episode, it wasn't an intentional decision.

• Locked thread