Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I don't trust a single one of you chuckle fucks with the power to add a character to this sacred game.

mabels big day posted:

gently caress you if you aren't taking your vote under serious examination and scrutiny before you blindly vote for some lame poo poo like ridley........

Yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mabels big day posted:

A vote for Ridley is a wasted vote.

I have to stay true to who I am, a person who loves a big dinosaur.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

A vote for Ridley is a wasted vote.

I am voting for Acclaimed Director Ridley Scott

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

lol if you think your vote will influence anything

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

zolthorg posted:

You ever had faith in a company that made a racing game franchise addition and licensed Sugar Rush and didn't put in the main character Vanellope?

gently caress it, Wreck It Ralph for Smash!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

qnqnx posted:

f*cking millennials

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

qnqnx posted:

This is why I don't vote in any governmental election, but Smash? This is important. This matters. I want my voice heard, even if it is but a drop in an ocean.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

qnqnx posted:

Think of how many people read these forums.. Please don't discourage democracy with your bad attitude.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

they probably have a list of like 10-20 characters they're considering adding, and are polling to see what ones rate highest if you just ask everyone who they want to see the most

also they're probably already working on the next two after Lucas since he seems so close to finished. we'll get mewtwo, then lucas, then #3, then #4, then Poll Influenced Character #1 through #4?

im being really optimistic on the number of DLC characters though, it might just be like 4 total

but doing a poll makes it seem like they want to do a decent amount

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Please tell me that someone put Chibi-Robo on their Ballot.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I decided on Marshall, the rhythm heaven guy.

He's pretty much "Chorus Kids" except without the plural. There's a lot of stuff to pull from the rhythm heaven games that can be used in a moveset, and if it is at all possible to make a rhythmic fighter in smash, I want to play as it. Apologies to K. Rool and Dixie.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Voted for classic appearance Space Pirate because it's a cool creature. Can't tell how much Nintendo will weigh votes especially when a lot of spam is likely between now and October.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I decided on Marshall, the rhythm heaven guy.

He's pretty much "Chorus Kids" except without the plural. There's a lot of stuff to pull from the rhythm heaven games that can be used in a moveset, and if it is at all possible to make a rhythmic fighter in smash, I want to play as it. Apologies to K. Rool and Dixie.

I can't approve of this decision, I'm sorry

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

qnqnx posted:

I can't approve of this decision, I'm sorry

I love rhythm heaven.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
I'm votin' for Melia. Magic-using staff wielder in a game full of swordsmen. The mechanics for her Elementals can be built off of Shulk's Monado arts. Isn't Dark Shulk.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I think Tetra would be rad because she's another character that fits in with Toon Link, another Zelda character which we've gone two games without getting a new one, and also a sassy pirate

Windwaker is a cool game and I would like Tetra to be in smash bros and get an Amiibo

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

I think Tetra would be rad because she's another character that fits in with Toon Link, another Zelda character which we've gone two games without getting a new one, and also a sassy pirate

Windwaker is a cool game and I would like Tetra to be in smash bros and get an Amiibo

If only wind waker HD was released a couple years later, it might have its own amiibo series.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Linebeck for smash

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
I decided on Pokey in his Spider-Mech, cause that'd be cool as hell.

Part of me wanted to put Geno or Crono but I didn't want to throw my vote away on a 3rd party candidate

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Panic Restaurant posted:

I decided on Pokey in his Spider-Mech, cause that'd be cool as hell.candidate

You dumb mother fucker... that particular character is way too big.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Ruggington posted:

Linebeck for smash

I believe it's time we see who's in charge of the train when Alfonzo joins the battle.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm voting King K.Rool because he's standing up to the monkey menace.

Plenty of characters are bought by Big Banana, but not King K.Rool.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I went with my heart

and voted for Paper Mario

Son of Isaac
Apr 22, 2008

Gyra_Solune posted:

I went with my heart

and voted for Paper Mario

This is the correct answer.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

As long as it's TTYD Mario with his folding abilities and not Sticker Star Mario. Maybe a partner mechanic too? And a Crystal Star attack for his final smash?
e: and a condensed version of this for his win music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tay3t9fMdF0

Cicadas! fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Apr 2, 2015

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I voted for an Inkling. Get some new blood (ink?) in here.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I voted for James McCloud from F-Zero because it's kinda like getting a StarFox character too

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Do you think The F-Zero James McCloud has a son named Boy McCloud?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

Do you think The F-Zero James McCloud has a son named Boy McCloud?
Guy McCloud.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

No boy is born a guy.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Oh heck, I just now realized why Lucas's tagline is "comes out of Nowhere."
The Nowhere Islands are where Mother 3 takes place :downs:

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

After some careful soul-searching and deliberation, I am voting for my favourite smash character as Ness.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Jarogue posted:

Please tell me that someone put Chibi-Robo on their Ballot.

I did. I believe.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
i voted for Bayo because there's no chance she'll get in.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan/

This is apparently what characters the Japanese want be in Smash 4.

...The lead spots are composed entirely of veterans. Including the awful clones from Melee.

This is a golden opportunity to get some fresh meat in a Smash game without having to wait another six years, if even that, and they might actually want to throw it away for bad ideas that have been done and dusted. I'm okay with Lucas and all, but come on!

Although I'm far more amused than I should be that Tharja actually made the list. Surprisingly she's as popular as Bayonetta.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Apr 2, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

SL the Pyro posted:

...The lead spots are composed entirely of veterans. Including the awful clones from Melee.

This is a golden opportunity to get some fresh meat in a Smash game without having to wait another six years, if even that, and they might actually want to throw it away for bad ideas that have been done and dusted. I'm okay with Lucas and all, but come on!

Although I'm far more amused that I should be that Tharja actually made the list. Surprisingly she's as popular as Bayonetta.

King K.Rool is first in line after the vets, :getin:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SL the Pyro posted:

Although I'm far more amused than I should be that Tharja actually made the list. Surprisingly she's as popular as Bayonetta.
Crash Bandicoot?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Endorph posted:

Crash Bandicoot?

It's a third party character.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

King K.Rool is first in line after the vets, :getin:

Bonzibuddy may finally be put to rest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think K. Rool probably does deserve it more than anyone after Wolf, you just have to do some basic math to figure that out.

• Locked thread