Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Apoplexy posted:

He was fighting in Daznak's Pit. Not against Grey Worm, just fighting. Either against Sons of the Harpy or a gladiatorial opponent. The latter would make sense if he was kept being enslaved in the show, the former if he somehow just made his way back to Dany and was trying to protect her.

I still think Jorah is going to die this season. That he's the actor who's been around a long time and was surprised by his character's death since he's alive in the books. I think Drogon roasts him in the pit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I legitimately think that they're going to dice only secondary characters. Jorah is secondary, but Barristan would surprise me less. Grey Worm even less. If they pare any characters off the Essos side of things, those are the ones to go. Either April Fools and people are fakeposting or someone thinks Jaime is getting killed, too, this season. We all know the likelihood of that is minimal.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Apoplexy posted:

Either April Fools and people are fakeposting or someone thinks Jaime is getting killed, too, this season. We all know the likelihood of that is minimal.

I think that mostly comes from his ambiguous "duck" remark in a recent interview. Some people think he's referring to the introduction of Duck (and presumably the Aegon storyline that goes with it), while others think he's saying he needs to "duck"... as in, from Areo Hotah's axe.

It's really impossible to say what the hell he was talking about. Maybe he just likes ducks. :ducksiren:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
If there's two characters I hope make it through this season, it's Jorah and Bronn because they are so perfectly casted and acted.
Well, Davos too but I don't think he's at risk. Anyone else can go eat a gently caress.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I'd say Varys is actually better in the show than in the books, but he also is unlikely to die before the show completely overtakes the books.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

PresidentBeard posted:

I'd say Varys is actually better in the show than in the books, but he also is unlikely to die before the show completely overtakes the books.

No way does Varys die. The two characters I can almost guarantee will be standing over the smoking ashes of Westeros are Varys and Littlefinger.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I think Littlefinger is an awful lazy mary-sue ish character and the story is way more stupid with him in it. Seriously, the revelation that he is the puppet master behind everything was eye-rollingly dumb. I hope he dies unceremoniously or gets stabbed by a White Walker as they murder literally everyone on the continent because gently caress Westeros. Hopefully the whole thing sinks into the sea and Essos is the only thing left.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Littlefinger is the new Lord Harrenhal, book it.

Also Varys' is his unquestioned nemesis, I don't expect both to survive till the end.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

Kill Dozed posted:

I've never heard this. Care to elaborate?
There's some Frey boy at Harrenhal who's bemoaning the fact that he's no longer engaged to a princess. He's so annoying Arya wishes his stupid princess dies.

Game of Thrones: A story about Queen's Prophecy, Somersaulting Dwarf and a Magical Princess Ninja Assassin

DeepQantas fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 1, 2015

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Arya of House Stark IS dead, though. The girl at the House of Black and White is nobody :confused:

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

loquacius posted:

Arya of House Stark IS dead, though. The girl at the House of Black and White is nobody :confused:
Lies.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think Littlefinger is an awful lazy mary-sue ish character and the story is way more stupid with him in it. Seriously, the revelation that he is the puppet master behind everything was eye-rollingly dumb. I hope he dies unceremoniously or gets stabbed by a White Walker as they murder literally everyone on the continent because gently caress Westeros. Hopefully the whole thing sinks into the sea and Essos is the only thing left.

I hope somebody push him down the moon door.

Preferably by Lady Stoneheart Olly.

whatever7 fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 1, 2015

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Littlefinger is the new Lord Harrenhal, book it.

Also Varys' is his unquestioned nemesis, I don't expect both to survive till the end.

I like the idea that LF and Varys are actually working together.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

:doh: She's Cat of the Canals, I know her well.

whatever7 posted:

I hope somebody push him down the moon door.

Preferably Lady Stoneheart.

"Only ME, bitch" :byewhore:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Littlefinger eventually gets his throat slit by the person he least expects, Sansa.

loquacius posted:

:doh: She's Cat of the Canals, I know her well.

Well, apart from that, a big part of Arya's storyline is that she's totally bullshitting the House of Black and White.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 1, 2015

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Lycus posted:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Littlefinger eventually gets his throat slit by the person he least expects, Sansa.

I hope for a moment where Sansa realizes she has some measure of control over Littlefinger because of who her mother is and exploit him to his eventual doom.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

Mouse Dresser posted:

No way does Varys die. The two characters I can almost guarantee will be standing over the smoking ashes of Westeros are Varys and Littlefinger.

There is no way in hell LF is going to survive this series. Varys however could since he's smart enough to know when to get the hell out of dodge.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Max posted:

I hope for a moment where Sansa realizes she has some measure of control over Littlefinger because of who her mother is and exploit him to his eventual doom.

I'm pretty sure she's already started to figure that out in the show when she put on the Maleficent dress.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

BillBear posted:

Also that outline is stupid as gently caress and should be ignored.

Much in that outline should be ignored as the story has changed drastically in the expansion of the series from 3 to 7 books, and the great reduction of time that the story takes place in.

But, there are still some elements that hold true, and there are some sections of it that are blacked out meaning that they still hold true for what's to come.

It's also in those archives that we learned that GRRM confirmed that Coldhands is not Benjen. And after that GRRM asked them to no longer allow the public to see his archives until the final books are released.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Speaking of characters that are better in the show then the books, Sam is certainly one. The book he cries at the drop of a gay, always moaning and complaining; he's just one fedora away from claiming he's a nice guy.

Show Adam doesn't cry or complain, he actually asserts himself and takes charge when he needs to.

If the next book comes out, I fully expect Arya to leave the house if Black and White and either end up with Dany or return to westeros.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Show Sam owns and it sucks we won't get to see him deck that annoying singer for leaving Aemon to die.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

BillBear posted:

There is no way in hell LF is going to survive this series. Varys however could since he's smart enough to know when to get the hell out of dodge.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Sansa or Lady Stoneheart eviscerate Littlefinger, I can just imagine him surviving the whole shebang.

What do you guys think the ultimate outcome of the series is going to be? My thought is that the whole Iron Throne ruler of Westeros is going away. Maybe we'll see a more democratic 7 Kingdoms. The Westerosi Magna Carta.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Mouse Dresser posted:

What do you guys think the ultimate outcome of the series is going to be? My thought is that the whole Iron Throne ruler of Westeros is going away. Maybe we'll see a more democratic 7 Kingdoms. The Westerosi Magna Carta.

I don't know who comes out on top, I feel like Jon Snow probably. What I do feel in my gut that Dany is going to crash hard. She has to get to Westeros and I wager she helps free the land from the White Walkers. The Wall has to come down at some point to I guess. I would love to see something like the illusions she saw of snow in the throne room because the Red Keep got owned hard. Maybe Tyrion proves his worth and ends up as Hand, a general or tactician of some sort for Dany or maybe he gets the Rock after his crimes are pardoned by the new King or queen. Sansa probably gets the Vale and Rickon Winterfell, Bran stays a tree but maybe slightly influences character, Theon goes full redemption and dies to protect a Stark. Arya probably dies taking out revenge on someone on her list.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Jon Snow's gonna be king. He's the (recently) legitimate son of Rhaegar.

COOKIEMONSTER
Oct 31, 2006
As an affluent straight white male I know quite a bit second hand what it's like to be incredibly poor and oppressed.

Mouse Dresser posted:

Oh don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Sansa or Lady Stoneheart eviscerate Littlefinger, I can just imagine him surviving the whole shebang.

Brynden "pardon me I feel a red wedding coming on and need some fresh air" Tully is going to kill littlefinger. Maybe with Sansa's help.

Or maybe he's just there to get backstabbed by Ser Lyn "not appearing in this movie" Corbray, to give Sansa the impotice to betray LF.

Also I have an inside source at HBO and can confirm lady stone heart will be in this season. Jaime's regularly scheduled Riverlands adventure is a go. Ser Pounce will be going to Dorne with Bronn, and will be filling in for Arys Oakheart.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
Tyrion's gonna ride a dragon :black101:

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Skizzzer posted:

Tyrion's gonna ride a dragon :black101:

I don't know if Daario is the type to share but, hell, anything is possible.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love how in AFFC Cersei is all "they don't listen to me because I am a woman! They wouldn't disobey my Father like this!" when in reality, she's just making terrible decisions and everyones trying to give her actual good advice but she's so far up her own rear end and seeing dwarfs with crossbows in every shadow she thinks she's making the right decisions. Even Tommen can see that.

As someone said, she's like Damphair, saying crazy poo poo and everyone rolling their eyes, but in their minds they are the ones who are right.

I'm also pretty sure that Victarions chapters are pretty much what the Mountain's chapters would be like.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Nonsense. This is what a Gregor Clegane POV would look like.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

New Winds of Winter chapter out! http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-from-the-winds-of-winter/

Nuncle sighting: 1

Wallet Inspector fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 2, 2015

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
Have a new TWOW chapter, thread: http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-from-the-winds-of-winter/ .

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Don't get too excited, it's apparently a cut chapter from ADWD.

I'm assuming GRRM released it because the new season shows Sansa and Littlefinger at a tourney.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
This chapter takes lemon cakes to a whole new level.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

this_is_hard posted:

Don't get too excited, it's apparently a cut chapter from ADWD.
With all the setup going on in the chapter, it certainly makes sense it got pushed into TWOW.

Too bad we'll never see that book.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

drat that's some good stuff

Come on GRRM I want these books

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mouse Dresser posted:

Anyone with hubris tends to die horribly in this series, regardless of motivation. Littlefinger is the avatar of hubris.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

this_is_hard posted:

I'm assuming GRRM released it because the new season shows Sansa and Littlefinger at a tourney.
I'm thinking more about the 'coming wedding' angle. As in, Sansa will dance with Ramsay on the show, and they'll have her being snarky about Myranda, or something.

But honestly, to me it felt as though I somehow got transported into Pride and Prejudice. And don't get me wrong, I love that book. I just... uh. OK, I'll put it like this. It read like a fan fiction conversion of Pride and Prejudice into the Westerosi setting, with Sansa playing Liz Bennett. And while on one hand, Martin had Austen's snark down-pat, on the other, after reading this, I really think the man should relax his opinions on fan fiction.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

That was a drat good chapter, and it totally makes sense that it was cut from ADWD considering how much of it was set-up. But apparently this was the 'controversial Sansa chapter', which cements Elio Garcia as a moron in my mind.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Tummy and lemon cakes. It's a Sansa chapter alright.

And there's still this massive emphasis on lemons coming from Dorne that has sprung up in both the books and the show. I don't put much stock in the "Dany grew up in Dorne, not Braavos" theory, basically because I don't know why GRRM would do that, but I can see why people do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Soup du Jour posted:

That was a drat good chapter, and it totally makes sense that it was cut from ADWD considering how much of it was set-up. But apparently this was the 'controversial Sansa chapter', which cements Elio Garcia as a moron in my mind.

Wait, seriously? Was it the lemoncake castle?

• Locked thread