Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You dont enjoy any improv podcast when they don't include at least one of those 5 people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I thought it was hard to follow. There were a lot of voices to keep track of and no straight man to hold on to.

Maybe the next episode will be better.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

ArtVandelay posted:

That's my favorite i4h episode of all time. The albino sketch is my absolute favorite scene, followed closely by the Seth Morris Atlantis sketch.
You've never had an albino friend?!!!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I liked the youtube version where they didn't cut out Adam Pally explaining that the bit he really liked in that scene was the stuff he did.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Everyone drives a Crabist...

I will never stop quoting this line at any opportunity.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I think it's just you. or different tastes or something idk

I think PFT overthought the improv section but things loosened up once Gourley chimed in, because he can't not be ridiculous. I liked the return of the monologue and guest segments from The Pod F. Tompkast.

The title and logo are pretty bad though. Seriously, what the hell

Yeah I guess I'll give it a few episodes. It had it's moments

I think that logo really might be final though

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
There better be another I4H 4/20 special this year. "We cut to...SPAGO" popped into my head out of nowhere last night and I had to give it a listen. Gabrus' coupon-obsessed prostitute at the end just slays me. "I'll let you walk on my back with golf cleats...you can...kick me in the tits and face..."

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Maybe the logo was also designed spontaneously.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

It's worse than the Who Charted logo, which I thought was impossible to top.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JethroMcB posted:

There better be another I4H 4/20 special this year. "We cut to...SPAGO" popped into my head out of nowhere last night and I had to give it a listen. Gabrus' coupon-obsessed prostitute at the end just slays me. "I'll let you walk on my back with golf cleats...you can...kick me in the tits and face..."

Yea I never thought listening to dudes getting high would be that funny when not high myself, but they crushed it. Just enough stoner 'what the gently caress did he just say, whatever roll with it' mixed in to make it insane.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

http://deadline.com/2015/04/bob-odenkirk-david-cross-sketch-comedy-series-netflix-1201403256/

The Mr Show Reunion Instagram photo made official: Airing on Netflix, produced by Abso Lutely.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Jingle-Jangle for 500$ please
"Did you get any of that?" "Abso-lutely!"

What are: slogans I can never unhear Alex?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

Jingle-Jangle for 500$ please
"Did you get any of that?" "Abso-lutely!"

What are: slogans I can never unhear Alex?

Shhh

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

http://deadline.com/2015/04/bob-odenkirk-david-cross-sketch-comedy-series-netflix-1201403256/

The Mr Show Reunion Instagram photo made official: Airing on Netflix, produced by Abso Lutely.

Wait, so the only regulars on the show are Bob and David? None of the other old Mr. Show cast are regulars?

Kind of odd since they've been billing it as a reunion...

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Urk! posted:

Wait, so the only regulars on the show are Bob and David? None of the other old Mr. Show cast are regulars?

Kind of odd since they've been billing it as a reunion...

Given that it's 4 whole episodes I'm sure everyone will make an appearance, maybe just not all at once. Like with Arrested Development, and that turned out great, right?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh02NdgJlT3T6AA1f0

This is the video Besser talked about on Improv4Humans. Dude talks poo poo, jumps into his friend's truck and gives the finger, then falls out when it starts moving.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

That's a beautiful fall

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I cannot wait to hear the live how did this get made episodes of Face Off and Con Air. Face Off is absolutely one of my favorite action movies ever, and it's ridiculously insane. I bet June (if she's still alive) will have a lot to say.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

JethroMcB posted:

Mike Still's "we cut to...spago" kills me every loving time. Also the constant Gabrus or Gemberling crunching of snacks should be annoying but I liked it. It was a good loving episode.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

soggybagel posted:

Also the constant Gabrus or Gemberling crunching of snacks should be annoying but I liked it.
Even that got amazing when it was called out in the middle of a scene "Would you stop eating when I'm talking to you?!"

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

ArtVandelay posted:

I cannot wait to hear the live how did this get made episodes of Face Off and Con Air. Face Off is absolutely one of my favorite action movies ever, and it's ridiculously insane. I bet June (if she's still alive) will have a lot to say.
I went to a Groundlings The Black Version where they did FaceOff, and remembered I hadn't seen it since I was a kid. Re-watched it, was absolutely blown away. There's over the top, nonsensical movies, and then there's Face/Off. I can't imagine how June pieced this one together.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

ManoliIsFat posted:

I went to a Groundlings The Black Version where they did FaceOff, and remembered I hadn't seen it since I was a kid. Re-watched it, was absolutely blown away. There's over the top, nonsensical movies, and then there's Face/Off. I can't imagine how June pieced this one together.

I also can't wait for their Furious 7 ep. I saw it on Tuesday, and it's approximately 1000 times more nuts than 6. Easily the best of the series. The laws of physics absolutely do not exist, and no one ever gets hurt. Vin and Statham have a full on giant wrench fight, and Vin gets hit in the face about a dozen times, and is perfectly fine, not a scratch on him. Another point, an entire parking garage falls on a guy, and he's perfectly fine. They're going to have a lot of fun.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

ArtVandelay posted:

the last two episodes (Lake Placid and Deep Blue Sea) have been excellent

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The Berzerker posted:

the last two episodes (Lake Placid and Deep Blue Sea) have been excellent

I agree about deep blue sea, but I was a little bored by lake placid. It's hard to make fun of that movie because it's just so unwatchably bad that it barely exists.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I liked the Placid episode but yea, what do you say about a movie that barely even happened.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
lake placid is a classic

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah I guess I'll give it a few episodes. It had it's moments

I think that logo really might be final though

I actually like it in pin form. I think my main problem with the logo is all the white space makes it look like whoever made it didn't know how to make poo poo transparent.

That tie is loving A+ though.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I liked the sincerity in PFT's rant against handwritten scripts.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
That was the angriest I've ever heard him sound.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Which show was that?

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Lake Placid.

https://soundcloud.com/hdtgm/107-lake-placid-live-w-paul-f-tompkins-nate-corddry#t=22:20

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Beeez posted:

That was the angriest I've ever heard him sound.

For real.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
He talked to Paul Gilmartin about being really quick to anger on his Mental Illness podcast. He apparently made a choice to only get comedy-mad at things and concepts, because he thought his stand up was too mean when he talked about specific people.

So his rage against written scripts was probably completely genuine.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Dude who only wears three-piece suits while living in a desert city rants about man who writes scripts in a silly, archaic, and unnecessary manner.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Wasn't there a thing where he got mad at Adam Pally for barely holding on to his Bro character with Andy Samberg in one of the Best of CBBs? Because that's like one of the funniest things of those episodes with Bro and Samberg.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Zsinjeh posted:

Wasn't there a thing where he got mad at Adam Pally for barely holding on to his Bro character with Andy Samberg in one of the Best of CBBs? Because that's like one of the funniest things of those episodes with Bro and Samberg.

I think that's something they call 'a joke' in the biz (business).

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I think yall missed the "comedy-mad" part

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
At least he's not as quick to anger as Santa. That guy will fight at the drop of a hat.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I liked the second episode of Spontaneation much better than the first one. Then again, there's no way I'm not gonna love something that has Marc Evan Jackson in an audio-only dance-off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
What are some good episodes of Never Not Funny? I listened to Andy Daly's most recent appearance and it was fun but I didn't love it, is it maybe just not for me?