Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

I only caught a little bit of the game but he was absolutely deleting people in one combo. With a crit and passive he was doing like a thousand damage in one auto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Schiavona posted:

How did ClakeyD of all people get in on the urf game?

He is one of the guys controlling the in-game camera for the NA LCS.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Mierenneuker posted:

He is one of the guys controlling the in-game camera for the NA LCS.

Walt, really?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

This is from 2013, but I'm guessing he still is an observer. Also, my name isn't Walt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRGWoNjk0yI

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 2, 2015

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Luna Was Here posted:

Walt, really?

Yes, ever since Marn got eliminated from LCS ClakeyD has worked for Riot in an official capacity. I think at first he was doing some kind of support function and then he moved into being the full-time "observer" for them. He's a big part of the studio team at every event.

They had a segment once during a broadcast that was like "let's check on what some former pro players are doing..."

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Luna Was Here posted:

AMERICAN BADASS

what other poo poo should i gif
You can see his smile slowly fade away into total confusion

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
ClakeyD spectator stuff reminds me: what happened to Nhat Nguyen? think he was one early on in LCS too. Still there? He always played the best music on stream :unsmith:

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
ClakeyD was also involved in some fantasy LCS stuff last split, leading to this thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDfUpkkG084 and he showed up on the desk for time to time.

A bunch of ex-pros are now testers too, like M eye A and Daydreamin.

Allyn posted:

ClakeyD spectator stuff reminds me: what happened to Nhat Nguyen? think he was one early on in LCS too. Still there? He always played the best music on stream :unsmith:

Riot has multiple Spectators for the LCS games (so they dont miss any stuff) so they might still have both?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
CW is picking up LowLandLions: http://www.gaming.dk/articles/2126-cph-wolves-rekrutterer-lowlandlions

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Riot has multiple Spectators for the LCS games (so they dont miss any stuff) so they might still have both?

I think the "Spectator" job isn't about missing stuff -- they're the people who actively control the accounts that spectate the pro games, so they control the in-game cameras to pull live footage from. Makes sense they'd put pro players there -- they have way better map sense and probably can predict where fights/action will break out on the fly much better than a random.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Why would they do that? If LLL successfully qualifies won't they have to divest themselves?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Why would they do that? If LLL successfully qualifies won't they have to divest themselves?

I really don't understand it. You have to assume they can sell the roster if they get into the LCS, because otherwise it makes absolutely no sense.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
The multiple spectator cameras is so they don't have to scrub the feed back and forth for replays of action on different sides of the map, or so they can do the ~sweet~ picture in picture stuff when people are base racing, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they had more than 2 spectators, honestly. A "main cam/fight cam", spectate specific players so you can always grab their replays, and I'm sure they have direction on what to follow so they're not just centered on the same little square of map.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Ey7dcZWt0

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Libertine posted:

They want to poach lll players then sell the runoff

fnox
May 19, 2013

Can you sub in players between games like in LCK in the NA LCS? If so, how viable it is for C9 to pull off something like the Faker/Easyhoon thing SKT T1 does now that they're apparently getting Incarnation?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

fnox posted:

Can you sub in players between games like in LCK in the NA LCS? If so, how viable it is for C9 to pull off something like the Faker/Easyhoon thing SKT T1 does now that they're apparently getting Incarnation?

I can't see them wanting Hai in any game since they will never get to play Zed with Hai in the lineup, thus making them powerless.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

fnox posted:

No; you have to register your roster for each week. Though, I'm not sure if you can sub players inbetween sets of the playoffs, which could end up being interesting with TL.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Just a random thought I had last night, but with a tankier meta it seems like Ryze would be showing up in the meta, I mean the guy builds tankier just to get power.

The team that popped into my head last night was

Ryze
Urgot
Amumu
Varus
Naut

Two forms of health shred, a small heap of CC, and 4 out of 5 tanks.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Calax posted:

Just a random thought I had last night, but with a tankier meta it seems like Ryze would be showing up in the meta, I mean the guy builds tankier just to get power.

Ryze
Urgot
Amumu
Varus
Naut

He's got a mini rework incoming to make him less of a walking Big Blue Manabar of Doom when he's good. Wait for it.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Ryze's base stats, range, and damage is still too low after they nerfed him to survive the present laneswap meta. It would also delay his stacking mana items by a lot.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
They added 15 damage at all levels to his Q, which is generally on an effective cooldown of 1-2 seconds, and he's still not viable.

That says a lot about how undertuned he was.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Who the hell do I yell at to get the LPL and LCK playlists updated on Riot's youtube? It's been almost a freaking month for Champions and digging through all the rest of their non-match garbage is, well let's be real it's mildly annoying, but the capability to not have to at all is right there!

DashieSenpai
Dec 25, 2014
Am I the only one who thinks all the "Pros" look the same?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Badfinger posted:

Who the hell do I yell at to get the LPL and LCK playlists updated on Riot's youtube? It's been almost a freaking month for Champions and digging through all the rest of their non-match garbage is, well let's be real it's mildly annoying, but the capability to not have to at all is right there!

... Why are you not using the Reddit VOD's? They're taken from the Riot stream and posted within an hour of the match being over.

http://www.reddit.com/r/LoLeventVoDs/

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

DashieSenpai posted:

Up to 2% of the population may suffer from prosopagnosia so you are not alone

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
No, some of them are much cuter (e.g. Reignover, Santorin, mainly junglers I guess)

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

DashieSenpai posted:

how could you compare a cuteboi like xwx to maplestreet.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

rabidsquid posted:

Up to 2% of the population may suffer from prosopagnosia so you are not alone

:boom:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Goon facial blindness is tied with "goons have no idea what over/under means" for my favorite recurring defect on these forums

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Over/under on goons not being able to tell pros apart

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

AnonSpore posted:

classic

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

AnonSpore posted:

Four to one, easily

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Calax posted:

Ryze
Urgot
Amumu
Varus
Naut

I don't think we're gonna see Ryze or Amumu for a while- Ryze is currently severely undertuned intentionally because he'd a giant pile of unfun to deal with when he's good, and Amumu has the problem of being a walking XP pinata until he's like level 11 or has two completed items or something. With warding so much more aggressive these days there's no way that Amumu's going to not be hunted for sport in his own jungle.

That said, I almost want to see him broken out in pro games, if just to see somebody counter-pick Shaco on him and have us revising LoL circa 2010.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

The big thing about Amumu is that he's got the health shred aura. So if he can be supported in the jungle enough he'd be able to just shred entire teams of tanks.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Calax posted:

The big thing about Amumu is that he's got the health shred aura. So if he can be supported in the jungle enough he'd be able to just shred entire teams of tanks.

Gragas is fatter and drunker than Amumu so odds are pretty low any of the cool pros would make this call to play Amumu over him

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Mr. Locke posted:

I don't think we're gonna see Ryze or Amumu for a while- Ryze is currently severely undertuned intentionally because he'd a giant pile of unfun to deal with when he's good, and Amumu has the problem of being a walking XP pinata until he's like level 11 or has two completed items or something. With warding so much more aggressive these days there's no way that Amumu's going to not be hunted for sport in his own jungle.

That said, I almost want to see him broken out in pro games, if just to see somebody counter-pick Shaco on him and have us revising LoL circa 2010.

Crumbzz picked him last season. it didnt go well

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Calax posted:

There is 0% chance that a jungler (the role in professional play that has the biggest impact on the early game) on a champion who isn't just a non-factor but a goddamn liability that needs to be babysat by his laners until the twenty minute mark is going to make any kind of impact in professional play. There are other sources of % HP damage that isn't going to be an anchor around your team.

I love playing Amumu in solo queue but the dude is about as far from a professional-viable champion as you're going to get without going into, like, Garen/Shen levels of nerfbat-broken.

Mr. Locke fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Apr 3, 2015

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

SKT vs Samsung in 45 minutes. I feel like SKT are going to troll hardcore.

Had to edit because websites lie to me.

Calax fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Apr 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
:siren: We have a Bard! And an Amumu. On the same team!

• Locked thread