Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

OwlFancier posted:

Right, so to confirm, buying the upgrade on this page will get me the fancy HD remake with DLC bundled that everyone is playing?

That the item has a broken image when I view it from the checkout does not fill me with confidence.

Yes.

If you already own DS2, click this.

If you don't own DS2, click this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hah, wish I had a $20 one, stuck with £20, but cheers.

Edit: aww yiss gonna lance fuckers all day long

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 2, 2015

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I bought the new version and realised my GPU can't run DX11. :negative:

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

The AI changes kind of make this game pretty fun. Mobs aren't easily cheesed, and most of them have better aggression. There's still too many loving ranged mobs but honestly it's okay with the ease of this game, especially in comparison to how much Bloodborne I've been marathoning lately. This is definitely a nice break, wish I could skip the first few areas and get into the mid/late game where I'm sure most of the drastic changes are.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Cool armor-related thing I saw on the stream: You can find the whole aurous armor set in a chest. Hopefully this means they made the rest of the terrible one-chance armors guaranteed to be available now. The aurous torso piece was one of my favorites but I knew I'd never get it again in the base game due to how dumb the process for getting it is.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I wouldn't quite call the enemy placement changes romhacky, some changes actually make certain parts easier, and some of the changes actually make the game more thematically appropriate and fix some lore stuff

I'm not sure the upgrade is worth it though, I was gonna buy it anyway because I'm obsessed, but if you're not a crazy person, $20 for different enemy placements and a kind of subpar graphics overhaul probably isn't worth it

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Yes.

If you already own DS2, click this.

If you don't own DS2, click this.

Probably a stupid question but, if I buy the upgrade, will I lose the dx9 version from the library?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

nekoxid posted:

Probably a stupid question but, if I buy the upgrade, will I lose the dx9 version from the library?

I didn't, so I guess not.

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I didn't, so I guess not.

Ah okay then.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Gavlann moved to a different house in No Mans Wharf. I left a message where he used to be that's already gotten 8 ratings :shepface:

Another thing to note, there's a 5th one of whatever those things are that appear while you're on your way to the Executioners Chariot. He drops down from behind about halfway from the alley to the bridge from the DX9 version.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

CJacobs posted:

Update on not getting the dlc door keys to start off with: You do still need them to enter the DLCs, they're stashed around the world now.

oh thank god, i was wondering about this. great change.

WontGetFooledAgain
Nov 5, 2012
So the playing Bloodborne has me itching for some more (slower paced) Souls action to cool down with. The last time I played was before the DLC release and several of the patches. I' never finished the base game so I'm pretty lost on what to make. Anyone have recommendations for builds like

1. Something involving the Blue Flame, if its still interesting to use

2. A hex build that still allows the use of the more unique weapons like twinblades or weapons with cool effects

3. Or anything with high Adaptability

I don't really care about PVP or PVE. I'd try to find this stuff out myself but a lot of builds seem outdated or its not clear when they were built.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
All right. I have the same problem I had with the original DkSII originally.
Whenever I have more than one gamepad connected it wont recognize an xinput devices. Or rather, it will only recognize one controller and I can't control which.
Is there a way to fix this already? I remember that in the original i had to replace the xinput wrapper with a different one. But there seems to be no wrapper at all in the SotFS directory I could replace.
Any ideas?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

IGgy IGsen posted:

All right. I have the same problem I had with the original DkSII originally.
Whenever I have more than one gamepad connected it wont recognize an xinput devices. Or rather, it will only recognize one controller and I can't control which.
Is there a way to fix this already? I remember that in the original i had to replace the xinput wrapper with a different one. But there seems to be no wrapper at all in the SotFS directory I could replace.
Any ideas?

Disconnecting one of your gamepads seems like a trivial fix.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

bonds0097 posted:

Disconnecting one of your gamepads seems like a trivial fix.

This is what I'm doing but not what I want to do.

It would me much more convenient if I didn't have to remember to reconnect my PS2 controller every time I want to play a game I don't wanna use my 360 controller for (i.e. every game that requires a decent d-pad, which are surprisingly many) or I want to do couch multiplayer. This is a small thing but it's very annoying to fire up a game just to notice the gamepad I want to use is not currently plugged in, so I have to quit the game, connect the gamepad and start it again. Some games also require me to rebind the controller every time this happens.

I'm asking if there's a workaround like with the original. Not if it's okay to disconnect my other gamepads because I'm afraid my computer will explode otherwise.

Dark Souls II and Scholar of the First Sin are literally the only games that do that too.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Apr 2, 2015

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug
The game looks pretty nice with DSR, I like it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

This is what I'm doing but not what I want to do.

It would me much more convenient if I didn't have to remember to reconnect my PS2 controller every time I want to play a game I don't wanna use my 360 controller for (i.e. every game that requires a decent d-pad, which are surprisingly many) or I want to do couch multiplayer. This is a small thing but it's very annoying to fire up a game just to notice the gamepad I want to use is not currently plugged in, so I have to quit the game, connect the gamepad and start it again. Some games also require me to rebind the controller every time this happens.

I'm asking if there's a workaround like with the original. Not if it's okay to disconnect my other gamepads because I'm afraid my computer will explode otherwise.

Dark Souls II and Scholar of the First Sin are literally the only games that do that too.

You could disable/enable the devices in the device manager, or possibly find a way to do that quickly using a batch script which also launches the program, if using the plugs is inconvenient?

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Its been at least 4 months since I played the original, but I feel like I get smoother frame-rates now; no hitching or weird stutters even when loading new areas. Plus the ATI dsr thing works even better than gedosato directx downsampling.

My only issue is that the lighting engine still isn't what was advertised originally; that game looked dark souls as heck.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

CountingWizard posted:

Its been at least 4 months since I played the original, but I feel like I get smoother frame-rates now; no hitching or weird stutters even when loading new areas. Plus the ATI dsr thing works even better than gedosato directx downsampling.

My only issue is that the lighting engine still isn't what was advertised originally; that game looked dark souls as heck.

It looked like you needed a torch way too much,which sounds annoying as heck.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I found one of the Pursuer fights in the Bastille. Got summoned in to help someone with it and holy poo poo some of his new attacks are nuts. he managed to hit my host with the curse stab and afterwards started making insane whirring noises while windmilling his sword, killed me, went on to kill the host and then as I was about to despawn he exploded into purple rays that hardlocked my game.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
So is this download/steam key purchase only or is a physical PC copy going to be out on the 7th or 9th or whenever?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lmao the original is the same price as Scholar on Steam

also Scholar is offering me the "upgrade" price of £20 even though I don't own the original on PC. It lets me get at least as far as checkout. Very Good

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao the original is the same price as Scholar on Steam

also Scholar is offering me the "upgrade" price of £20 even though I don't own the original on PC. It lets me get at least as far as checkout. Very Good

I'm confused when people say this. DX9 Scholars costs 40 bucks and is the original game plus DLC.

DX11 Scholars costs 50 bucks and is the 'remastered' game plus DLC.

The latter can cost less with discounts but they don't have the same base price, why do people keep on saying they cost the same?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The upgrade was on sale for me, €14.

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

bonds0097 posted:

I'm confused when people say this. DX9 Scholars costs 40 bucks and is the original game plus DLC.

DX11 Scholars costs 50 bucks and is the 'remastered' game plus DLC.

The latter can cost less with discounts but they don't have the same base price, why do people keep on saying they cost the same?

I'm on euro-prices, but the original game (without DLC), the DX9 "SotFS" bundle with DLC, as well as the actual DX11 SotFS remaster all have the same pricetag of 39,99€.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Karrahad posted:

I'm on euro-prices, but the original game (without DLC), the DX9 "SotFS" bundle with DLC, as well as the actual DX11 SotFS remaster all have the same pricetag of 39,99€.

Huh. With conversion rates the way they are, that makes DX11 SotFS as a first time purchase cheaper in EU than US. That doesn't happen often. :p

Arcanite
Apr 27, 2013
I enjoy that Dark Souls II is £30, the DLC season pass is £20, the upgrade to SOTFS is £20 and then SOTFS is £30 by itself. It makes me feel like I've saved more than 100% of the cost of the game when I buy it.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Joining heirs of the sun from a new game is crazy easy, it turns out. The two bosses that block the way are the easiest bosses in the game, Dragonrider and Skeleton lords, so it doesn't even matter that no one will be co-oping for them

Gotta say the fact that they put the fire magician ladies guarding the mineshaft now makes it quite a bit harder to not die after the two bosses though.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Grilox posted:

Skeleton lords
I kinda like that the middle one now spawns tons more skeletons. Little disappointed there's less Bonewheels, though. If anything the game needs more Bonewheels. But I haven't played through all of it yet. Maybe there's a pit with just Bonewheels just for me.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Get wrecked Pursuer. With you down that means I beat the Forest and reached the Bastille without dying. :smug:
*rides a crow*
Oh, hello there Pursuer. How are you today. :stare:

also, turns out McDuff doesn't actually need you to light the torch for him to work, he'll gladly infuse and reinforce and repair junk while parking his rear end on a chest.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Alkydere posted:

Get wrecked Pursuer. With you down that means I beat the Forest and reached the Bastille without dying. :smug:
*rides a crow*
Oh, hello there Pursuer. How are you today. :stare:

lost 28,000 souls there last night and rage quit since it was 3 am.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

ethanol posted:

lost 28,000 souls there last night and rage quit since it was 3 am.

I panicked, noticed the door was open and ran away like a little bitch.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Can I use my original DS2 files to avoid downloading the whole thing or is it completely different?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Pwnstar posted:

Can I use my original DS2 files to avoid downloading the whole thing or is it completely different?

Completely different. You have to download the entirety of the new version.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

And it's taking forever, gonna be tomorrow by the time it's done. On the plus side, bank holiday weekend! Lots of time to remake my greatshield/greatsword character, hopefully less gimped this time.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
I own Dark Souls 2 without any DLC.

Since the dx11 upgrade comes with the DLC does that unlock the DLC for the original dx9 version too?

Does your save transfer or is there some process that will transfer the save?

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Brutakas posted:

I own Dark Souls 2 without any DLC.

Since the dx11 upgrade comes with the DLC does that unlock the DLC for the original dx9 version too?

Does your save transfer or is there some process that will transfer the save?

2 games. 2 versions. 2 communities. 2 saves. Make all the logical suppositions you can from that information.

Piekuuns
May 15, 2009
Does anyone managed to get custom anti-aliasing working?

I tried the old flags with NVidia inspector and it seems like they don’t work anymore.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Scholar chat: did they really block off the gender change coffin beach in Things Betwixt to force you to come back later and waste a Fragrant Branch, or is there one hidden in there I missed out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
There are more Fragrant Branches in the game world period. Don't worry about it