Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Logically there must be another brother to be the Twins' grandfather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I interpreted that as "which Stan" rather than "which brother"

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Here's the list of every question answered, along with the question.

http://skimreddit.com/http://www.reddit.com/r/gravityfalls/comments/315yoy/im_bill_cipher_i_know_lots_of_things_ask_me/

Yay people writing useful stuff.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

BillNyeTheCypherGuy 8 hours ago
WHY DO YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS

-_BILLCIPHER 8 hours ago
I THINK IN ALL CAPS

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

counterfeitsaint posted:

Favorite constellation?
THE SOLAR SYSTEM OF TEEGEEACK
So Bill is a Scientologist?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

AMA on Reddit about a children's show on Disney, one of the first things posted by the author is a rabbit decomposing.
Alex Hirsch is a national treasure

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Another thing this threat might be interested in is an episode he did for "Everything's Coming Up Podcast"-the first one, in fact. It's mostly for talking about The Simpsons, specifically the episode Bart's Comet, but they do talk about Gravity Falls occasionally, as well as the Simpson's influence on it-as well as the fact that multiple characters are going to die this season.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-1-barts-comet-alex/id979023994?i=338149737&mt=2

(Non-iTunes link:) http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/3/4/d/34d...ec70b0b21b5fad6

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Robot Hobo posted:

So Bill is a Scientologist?

Hirsch posts about how bad Scientology is on Twitter a lot. Which is good. Gets the kids to make sure not to end up in a creepy cult.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Logically there must be another brother to be the Twins' grandfather.

Or, y'know, a sister.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Maybe the Pines are all male until Mabel?

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Roach Warehouse posted:

Or, y'know, a sister.

No, it'd have to be another brother if not Stanley, since any sister of the Stans wouldn't have passed on their family name to Mabel and Dipper's dad.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Unless there was a divorce or her surname was requested or something.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

This one is terrifying:

My childhood!

That's Mr. M, Munching Mouth. My first week of kindergarten we listened to a record of him singing about things that started with M that he liked to eat, and there was a little book that went with it. And an inflatable Mr. M. These were the Letter People, one for every letter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Letter_People

Consonants were male, vowels were female, all were a little hosed up. I didn't realize there was a puppet show too. Here's Mr. M singing his song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS8GTWOSA60

I guess a living cypher would be obsessed with Letter People. Weird to see them again after 35 years.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Or she married someone else who also happened to have the last name Pines but was not related.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

don Jaime posted:

My childhood!

That's Mr. M, Munching Mouth. My first week of kindergarten we listened to a record of him singing about things that started with M that he liked to eat, and there was a little book that went with it. And an inflatable Mr. M. These were the Letter People, one for every letter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Letter_People

Consonants were male, vowels were female, all were a little hosed up. I didn't realize there was a puppet show too. Here's Mr. M singing his song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS8GTWOSA60

I guess a living cypher would be obsessed with Letter People. Weird to see them again after 35 years.

I remember the puppet show, but I didn't know there was any other form of Letter People. And that Mr. M video takes me WAY back.

Edit: Apparently there was a series remake in the 90's where they ditched the 'female vowels' concept and instead made half the letters female.

m2pt5 fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Apr 3, 2015

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Roach Warehouse posted:

Or, y'know, a sister.
Or their grandfather is Stanley.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Shwoo posted:

Or their grandfather is Stanley.
Or their grandfather is the man they thought was their great-uncle. Anything's possible at this point.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Alex Hirsch is roleplaying his OC on social media and everyone loves him for it.
If this isn't living the dream than I don't know what is.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Vin Diesel's been rolling his DND character for 10 years before that :colbert:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

_BILLCIPHER1 day ago2110
IM THINKING OF BRINGING BACK MKULTRA

drat.

quote:

_BILLCIPHER1 day ago2440
HEY I KNOW A GUY WITH A MUCH MORE SLENDER PHYSIQUE THAN ME! IF YOU THINK MY FANS ARE CRAZY, YOU SHOULD SEE HIS.

drat.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

quote:

_BILLCIPHER1 day ago
JUST DO WHAT JOHN WILKES BOOTH DID! HE GOT TO KEEP THE HAT!

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Pick posted:

drat.

drat.

Is ... is this a Slenderman reference?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Chicken Butt posted:

Is ... is this a Slenderman reference?

What else could it be? Hirsch knows his audience.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I'm in Germany visiting some relatives and was keeping an eye on my cousins, a 6-year-old and 10-year-old, while their mom was busy. Wasn't hard, since they were just watching TV. They flipped through the channels and landed on Gravity Falls, though, and I thought that was neat, so I called their mom over when she had the chance so she could see this cool cartoon and know what her kids are watching. Turns out they were watching the joint season one finale, and the mom walked in just as Gideon was summoning Bill Cipher with a pentagram.

The kids aren't allowed to watch Gravity Falls anymore. :saddowns:

Ofaloaf fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 5, 2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ofaloaf posted:

I'm in Germany visiting some relatives and was keeping an eye on my cousins, a 6-year-old and 10-year-old, while their mom was busy. Wasn't hard, since they were just watching TV. They flipped through the channels and landed on Gravity Falls, though, and I thought that was neat, so I called their mom over when she had the chance so she could see this cool cartoon and know what her kids are watching. Turns out they were watching the joint season one finale, and the mom walked in just as Obediah was summoning Bill Cipher with a pentagram.

your relatives are square as gently caress

(and so are mine)

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Tall about terrible timing.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

Ofaloaf posted:

I'm in Germany visiting some relatives and was keeping an eye on my cousins, a 6-year-old and 10-year-old, while their mom was busy. Wasn't hard, since they were just watching TV. They flipped through the channels and landed on Gravity Falls, though, and I thought that was neat, so I called their mom over when she had the chance so she could see this cool cartoon and know what her kids are watching. Turns out they were watching the joint season one finale, and the mom walked in just as Obediah was summoning Bill Cipher with a pentagram.

Heheh... Obediah.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ofaloaf posted:

You should show her that reddit AMA. I'm sure she'll change her mind. :v:

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

StalkofWheat posted:

Heheh... Obediah.

Gideon, poo poo, it's a biblical name, I'm with relatives which are weirdly religious, all these biblical names are getting mixed up in my head.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Alex Hirsch, accepting an animation award slightly drunk, with a hip flask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LtfCtEAzA8

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

OLD NEWS

new news
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3avcOAtPey4

I can't seem to find a full video of the Wondercon panel

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

OLD NEWS

new news
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3avcOAtPey4

I can't seem to find a full video of the Wondercon panel

#CuddlesAndSpook'ems.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Alex Hirsch, accepting an animation award slightly drunk, with a hip flask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LtfCtEAzA8

I understand the need to add "for children" to the category since adult and children entertainment should be judged by different parameters, but who exactly is competing in the adult equivalent of this? Family Guy?

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

paradoxGentleman posted:

I understand the need to add "for children" to the category since adult and children entertainment should be judged by different parameters, but who exactly is competing in the adult equivalent of this? Family Guy?

Rick and Morty

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

paradoxGentleman posted:

The other categories are general audience and preschool audience. The nominees for general audience this year were The Simpsons (which won), Archer, Back To Backspace, Bob's Burgers, Rick and Morty, Mike Tyson Mysteries, and Regular Show.

Interesting that Regular Show is in general audiences. Also that the Simpsons win in loving 2015, Rick and Morty got robbed.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Rick and Morty definitely deserved the win, but Archer and Bob's Burgers also count as "robbed" in that context. (Haven't seen Back to Backspace or Mike Tyson Mysteries.)

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

pksage posted:

Rick and Morty definitely deserved the win, but Archer and Bob's Burgers also count as "robbed" in that context. (Haven't seen Back to Backspace or Mike Tyson Mysteries.)

I have not seen those either, but I can say they deserved the win more than the Simpsons. The Simpsons deserve to win nothing in TYOOL 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Sex Robot posted:

BillNyeTheCypherGuy 8 hours ago
WHY DO YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS

-_BILLCIPHER 8 hours ago
I THINK IN ALL CAPS
So, Bill is similar to death in the Terry Pratchett books.

• Locked thread