Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
Thinking about who Arkham Knight could be, remember that [arkham comic spoilers that basically spoil part of the game too I guess] Knight is shown to be active and spying on Batman even during the events of City

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Okonner posted:

Thinking about who Arkham Knight could be, remember that [arkham comic spoilers that basically spoil part of the game too I guess] Knight is shown to be active and spying on Batman even during the events of City

It's time travel, duh.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Everyone already knows that it's Batman's/Talia's love child with accelerated aging from cloning technology. :rolleye:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Assuming it actually is a new character, the only person I can think of is Quincy Sharp.

And if it really was Quincy Sharp, I can't imagine why he needed Batman to save him. Also, he was shown in the church with Vicki Vale at the end of the game, so I doubt that.

The only other original characters I can remember are Penelope Young and Frank Boles, but both of them are dead. That and I doubt Young really would be Arkham Knight material seeing as she didn't want to cooperate with criminals.

So, unless it's Warden Joseph or something, I have no idea.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 2, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I'd assume it was a Damian Wayne-alike, leading the Guild out of a combo of brainwashing and revenge- except the whole "I was spying on you during AC" thing puts the kibosh to that. I still think the Guild is the most likely explanation for all his gear, though. They're taking a lot of ideas from the third movie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Whatever those features were, they couldn't have been as cool as the nemesis system. I eagerly await Nemesis v2. It's one the coolest video game ideas I've ever seen, both in concept and execution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG_PuxFDwPw

Okonner posted:

I wonder if they're going to follow up on their version of Azrael.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

It's time travel, duh.

The last game literally featured an immortal ecoterrorist implied to be in control of literal magic. It's the world of superhero comics. Nothing is off the table...

ImpAtom posted:

Harley Quinn's Revenge confirmed that she wasn't actually pregnant, it was a false positive, and AK is set only a short time after AC.

redbackground posted:

Well, there was no kid, so prrrrrrrobably not.

...well gently caress. I never played Harley Quinn's Revenge. :(

I really don't know who else it would be if he turns out to be an already established character in disguise. Well I mean there's lots of people you could have it be, but I'm trying to think of possibilities that wouldn't be really dumb or just pointless. The way I see it now, there's basically 3 options:

1) Arkham Knight is not a previously introduced character, he's just some guy with a hate-on for Batman. :effort:
2) Arkham Knight is a comics character and Rocksteady are lying about him being new. This would probably result in something stupid, nonsensical and unsatisfying (Oh, it's Jason Todd, great) or something completely loving batshit (It's Thomas Wayne!)
3) Arkham Knight is a newly created character with a personal connection to or beef with Bruce Wayne, so hi, join the line next to Hush, Black Mask, and Thomas Wayne Jr.

None of these are great.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
It seems like it would be weird to create a masked new character to be the enemy of Batman in your epic final game, so I feel like Arkham Knight has to be an existing character, even if s/he is a "reimagined" one. In terms of who has been introduced, the most likely candidates are Hush (imitating Bruce with the batsuit + uses a gun), Jason Todd (uses a gun and is linked to Batman, but only mentioned previously in a single line by the Joker), Ra's Al'Ghul (probably wouldn't use a gun as a permanent weapon, but has the martial arts skills to go up against Batman/likes to kill), or Talia.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
For what is worth, the Arkham Knight is written eerily reminicent of Jason Todd on the prequel comics.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I used to entertain the idea that it might be an "Insane from Lazarus Pits" Talia.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Go full Morrison for the last outing, make it a defective Batman robot Bruce Wayne built to replace himself if he died but then had erased from his memory by one of his mind altering encounters (or even more mind fuckery, a robot built by his Zur En Arrh backup personality to replace the joker as an archvillain if HE ever died because he's reasoned a Batman without Joker to distract him would be a more dangerous thing).

But it's probably a drugged up Jason Todd in a tech based suit you'll take out in the second act.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

If its somebody from a previous Arkham game, its Aaron Cash.

Jason Todd's probably the better money though.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

They didn't say he was somebody from a previous Arkham game - they said he was present somewhere in Arkham City and spying on you. That doesn't mean Batman (or the player) saw him at any point or even that we're going to be able to go "Oh that guy!" when we find out who he is. It's just meant to establish that he's not a dude who went bananas a week before Arkham Knight takes place and decided he was going to take Batman out. He's been around and preparing for whatever he's doing.

Narcissus1916 posted:

If its somebody from a previous Arkham game, its Aaron Cash.

Jason Todd's probably the better money though.

Aaron Cash has zero motivation whatsoever to be the Arkham Knight, a guy who is working for Scarecrow and trying to kill Batman. Cash and Batman are bros. Cash is a cool dude.

As for Jason, I don't know. There's not much excuse for him to be working with Scarecrow but the Arkham Knight does seem to have a lot in common with Red Hood and nobody's ever accused Jason of being reasonable. Or stable.

Personally, my money's on one of the Azraels, but if it does turn out to be Jason Todd then I guess I won't be too surprised.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
I think Hush makes the most sense to me and his side quest was left wide open for something like this in City.

But then again who are we kidding... its going to be the Joker like always.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

All I loving ask is that it's not Joker.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

CuwiKhons posted:

They didn't say he was somebody from a previous Arkham game - they said he was present somewhere in Arkham City and spying on you. That doesn't mean Batman (or the player) saw him at any point or even that we're going to be able to go "Oh that guy!" when we find out who he is. It's just meant to establish that he's not a dude who went bananas a week before Arkham Knight takes place and decided he was going to take Batman out. He's been around and preparing for whatever he's doing.

Aaron Cash has zero motivation whatsoever to be the Arkham Knight, a guy who is working for Scarecrow and trying to kill Batman. Cash and Batman are bros. Cash is a cool dude.

As for Jason, I don't know. There's not much excuse for him to be working with Scarecrow but the Arkham Knight does seem to have a lot in common with Red Hood and nobody's ever accused Jason of being reasonable. Or stable.

Personally, my money's on one of the Azraels, but if it does turn out to be Jason Todd then I guess I won't be too surprised.

Yes, this game needs more Aaron Cash. I was sad to see his role so scaled back in City.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I hope they don't unmask him and have the Arkham Knight be a Batman-esque legend played against the Bat Family

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I hope they unmask him and its the Joker but wait, thats also a mask and its another Arkham Knight underneath.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Pwnstar posted:

I hope they unmask him and its the Joker but wait, thats also a mask and its another Arkham Knight underneath.

I hope they unmask him and it's old man jenkins.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I hope they unmask him and it's Bruce Wayne and the whole time you were playing as swole Dick Grayson.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

It's Black mask this time for real

then he tortures oracle or something i dunno

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Arkham Knight sorta sounds like Troy Baker. So that's probably a hint as to who he really is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_vqzYOvgvc

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 3, 2015

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Arkham Knight is a random martial arts thug you beat up in Arkham Origins that decided to spend the rest of his life plotting revenge against you

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

It's Kanji. Arkham/Persona crossover confirmed.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
It was Lucius Fox all along! :monocle:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's the first thug batman ever beat up and sent to Arkham.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Arkham Knight sorta sounds like Troy Baker. So that's probably a hint as to who he really is.

Ah yes, he removes the mask and is Booker DeWitt.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

All I loving ask is that it's not Joker.

It's actually Joe Kerr.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

If it turns out to be Prometheus I think I'd be down with that.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Or Wrath

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Geoff Johns would get a whole lot of poo poo for saying he came up with an all-new character, if it's just a re-appropriation of Mike W. Barr's (or anyone else's, really) original creation, that I don't think he, or Rocksteady, wants to deal with.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Apr 3, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

It's actually Joe Kerr.

I think you'll find his name is Phineas B. Jokerstein the Third.

Or Maurice P. Joker.

Depends on the writer.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Wikipedia posted:

The history of Bat-Cow is that he was a cow that got sent to the slaughterhouse, and was found by Robin during an investigation in the slaughterhouse. Robin wanted to keep the cow, and named it Bat-Cow. Batman decided that they would keep it. During a later investigation of the cow, Batman said that the cow had mind controlling radiation inside Bat-Cow. Batman wanted rid of the cow, but Robin would not allow him to hurt the cow.

After the events of Robins death, Bat-Cow and Robin's dog felt a great loss of self-esteem. Alfred Pennyworth and Nightwing had to take care of the cow. Later, after Nightwing's disappearance, Alfred was the only caretaker of Bat-Cow. Bat-Cow was relieved when Robin came back to life and he was once again united with him.

I know what character I want playable in Arkham Knight now. :v:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Bat-Cow would make an incredible Batmobile reskin.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You can play as him in Lego Bats 3, as well as Ace, and some chimp detective. Never play as Mr mxylpx though, I think Gilbert Gottfried voice him and just shrieks all the loving time.

Jondan
Oct 18, 2005

I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once

Neo Rasa posted:

I hope they unmask him and it's Bruce Wayne and the whole time you were playing as swole Dick Grayson.
This would be fine, but the actual reveal probably won't be anywhere near this good.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Neo Rasa posted:

This, or some variation of this, would be rad as hell. I usually don't see poo poo like this coming. The reveal in Knights of the Old Republic loving blew my mind.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

It's the Riddler.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Skip Arkham Knight, just buy Lego Batman 3. Oh gently caress it,who am I kidding, i'll probably pick it up on a sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012

Trickjaw posted:

You can play as him in Lego Bats 3, as well as Ace, and some chimp detective. Never play as Mr mxylpx though, I think Gilbert Gottfried voice him and just shrieks all the loving time.

You mean Detective Chimp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detective_Chimp

He's actually a pretty fun character. Hardly used except in the farthest and most obscure reaches of the DC Universe.

• Locked thread