Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Uroboros posted:

Flat out all the armor(minus the predator) at your opponent to close the distance as quickly as possible while teleporting terminators/chaplain into his rear. Use the Devastators to try to pick off his most threatening items, like Leman Ruses or any other AP 3/2 nonsense. Depending on what he has while you advance you could flank the Vindicator with your Rhinos, which means he has to fire at the front armor, or pop the rhinos before he can hit you in that weak side 11. The cannon on that thing scares the poo poo out of people, so this should at least buy you time to get the Dreadnaught closer. I'd suggest combat squading the Devastators so they can capture any rear objectives, while your scouts are more forward deployed to get those mid ground ones. Basically, chuck everything you can at him quickly, and use whats left to pick up points incase your guys get slaughtered you still might win the points game depending on what mission type you're playing.

Also, Drake_263 want to paint my Stormtalon?

Thanks for that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Codex leaks:

quote:

The Skitarii Maniple
Compulsory
2 Troops

Optional
6 Troops
4 Elites
2 Fast Attack
4 Heavy Support
1 Fortification

This makes the Skitarii an optimal allied force, simply because of the minimal unit requirements to jump in with them. No HQ makes it quite easy to get what you want out of a Skitarii force.

Command Benefits.
Crux Mechanicus- if this is your primary detachment, you can re-roll on the Skitarii Warlord Traits and your warlord gains preferred enemy.

Tireless Advance
All modles from this detachment have crusader and Scout, but cannot outflank (they can if they have infiltrate or a mission special rule)

More here: http://waaaghgaming.de/was-steht-im-codex-skitarii/

No Lord of War so are Knights Heavy Support?

TKIY fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 2, 2015

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
And google translate:

quote:

doctrines:
There are a total of 6 doctrines. At the start of the movement phase can one be used (an application). Add the doctrines

+1 BF
+1 KG
+2 BF / -1 KG
+2 KG / -1 BF
+3 BF / -2 KG
+3 KG / -2 BF

BF is Ballistic Skill, KG is Weapons Skill.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Traits:

Wardlord Traits:
shrouded
eternal warrior
eine Waffe master-crafted (aber kein Relikt)
12″ reroll pinning, moral, fear
overwatch mit BF4
reroll failed fnp + x

Big gun on Duncrawler looks to be:

Eradication Beamer:

0″- 9″: S10/ AP1
9″ – 18″: S8 / AP3 Blast
18" – 36″: S6 / AP5 Large Blast

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

TKIY posted:

Codex leaks:

More here: http://waaaghgaming.de/was-steht-im-codex-skitarii/

No Lord of War so are Knights Heavy Support?
Knights are going to stay where they belong - in their own damned book. :smuggo:

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

loving hideous

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Not going to call that anything but Skittari Manpile ever.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

I don't like this model because theres nothing cohesive about it

the turret looks IG, the guns look admech, the feet look chaos and the armour on the feet look tempestus

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
like if it was a conversion I'd say WOW what an awesome conversion

but as a GW kit, its lazy

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Not going to call that anything but Skittari Manpile ever.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
like how do you gently caress up an admech WALKER

how is that even

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I figured there wasn't going to be a HQ model once the stats for the basic infantry leaked and their sergeants had two wounds. It kind of sucks because I was really hoping there'd be a cool plastic techpriest somewhere in all of this. At least the detachment has pretty simple requirements and actual options unlike the Harlequin one. I might end up grabbing some robit men so my Dark Angels can finally ally with something.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Moola posted:

like how do you gently caress up an admech WALKER

how is that even

Atleast the other walker thing looks cool

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I dont like the other one either, but at leas they put some effort into it and it will come with some interesting bits

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
I wish they didnt go with an imperial defiler look. The bottom half looks fine with the imperial knight/scion stylings but it really is just a kv turret jammed on there.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I imagine they were probably trying to retroactively show where defilers come from or something but it's not like that needed any justification other than "it's chaos!"

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

ghetto wormhole posted:

I imagine they were probably trying to retroactively show where defilers come from or something but it's not like that needed any justification other than "it's chaos!"

Yeah, that is totally what they were going for but the turret just doesnt match the rest of the model. I suppose if they did do the fancy frilly bits on the edges of the turret it would look more like a defiler

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I really like the turret, has a cool IG aesthetic

but yeah just not on those legs good grief

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I think it looks okay-ish. Probably (hopefully) another case of terrible GW promo shots. Disappointed at the lack of an HQ, but I think that, as much as anything, points towards this being a Scions style release.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Eh, should be easy enough to convert up a suitable Onager.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

fuckin lmao

EDIT: adding a dudecrawler to my skittering manpile

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
The turret and the legs do not share the same design aesthetic. They look like they are from two entirely different vehicles. The Machine God is shaking his head in shame.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

ANAmal.net posted:

EDIT: adding a dudecrawler to my skittering manpile

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know how you make a walking tank less cool of an idea but they somehow did it.
The top half is pretty lacking in any real detail. I mean, could it have killed them to model a mechanicus skull on it?
Then the bottom half just screams at you with that bone colour, like it doesn't want you looking it in the eye.

Although, the one with the two cannons looks a little better?

Final thought: Bobble Headed Skitarii Manpiles.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

quote:

Relics:
Most are gibberish
- Phase Taser: CCW with Initiative test on wound, if failed foe is removed from play

Weapons:
- Icarus Array consists of
>Deadalus Missile Launcher: heavy 1, 7/2 48″ Skyfire
>Gatling Rocket Launcher: heavy 5, 6/4 48″ Skyfire, Ignores Cover
>Twin Icarus Autocannon: heavy 2, 7/4 48″ Skyfire, Interceptor, Twin-linked.
- Eradicaton Beamer S10 AP1 up to 9", S8 AP3 between 9" and 18", S6 AP5 between 18" and 36"; always Large Blast
- Neutron Laser: 48" S10 AP1 Blast, Concussive

Eradicaton Beamer is pretty garbage.

This somehow looks worse than those cheap-rear end Robogear models.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Not a fan of that thing--the whole looks like less than the sum of its parts. I'm glad I didn't preorder anything, though I could conceivably do a Kill Team at some point.

Edit: I think a really big part of the problem is the paintjob. It accentuates the giant differences that are already there. Even just changing the completely aberrant brazen knee edging to match the ladder rungs would be a step forward. I still dislike the model but the color choices are abominable.

Edit: I say all this as someone who liked the pit droids.

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Apr 2, 2015

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Onager looks rad. It looks like some crazy engineer decided to take a defense turret and make it walk. Admech as hell.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

I think it looks okay-ish. Probably (hopefully) another case of terrible GW promo shots. Disappointed at the lack of an HQ, but I think that, as much as anything, points towards this being a Scions style release.

It would probably look a bit better without the leg armour but I don't absolutely hate it.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Sulecrist posted:

Not a fan of that thing--the whole looks like less than the sum of its parts. I'm glad I didn't preorder anything, though I could conceivably do a Kill Team at some point.

At least the front arm there will make for a good servo-arm if you can grab the bit.

PeterWeller posted:

Onager looks rad. It looks like some crazy engineer decided to take a defense turret and make it walk. Admech as hell.

Maybe once you slap some orky poo poo on there but as it is, that thing looks like hot loving garbage.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
For 90 points that thing better have some drat good weaponry.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Master Twig posted:

For 90 points that thing better have some drat good weaponry.

A bunch of skyfire options I guess? *yawn*

e: Although a 48" S10 AP1 blast is no joke, but it will cost all the points and be stuck on a platform that has lovely mixed weapons.

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 2, 2015

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Slimnoid posted:

Maybe once you slap some orky poo poo on there but as it is, that thing looks like hot loving garbage.

What, the obvious Shokk Attack Gun already strapped to one side isn't Orky enough?

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Slimnoid posted:

Nah, your opinion is wrong, and you are a bad person. :v:

But seriously, the very reason why you dislike it is why I like it. The not designed, but just assembled look really works for the Admech, I think. They're crazy engineers. They chop off their soldiers' legs and replace them with cybernetics, so they don't have to worry about trench foot and replacing boots. If they want a walking gun, they're gonna wire a turret onto some legs and send it out the door. Machine spirits don't look in the mirror.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
AdMech stuff is cool, yall some negative Nancies. I would totally buy some robot assassins and chicken walker jousters if I wasn't so far behind on so many models already.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Multilasers, never forget the humble chimera.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Reynold posted:

AdMech stuff is cool, yall some negative Nancies. I would totally buy some robot assassins and chicken walker jousters if I wasn't so far behind on so many models already.

I really like all the other admech stuff (dome head dudes look a bit lame but the alternate unit looks cool) but the walker just looks kinda average and is a let down compared to the other stuff. Maybe because it looks less insane than those bipedal walkers (which everyone seems to hate)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Big Willy Style posted:

I really like all the other admech stuff (dome head dudes look a bit lame but the alternate unit looks cool) but the walker just looks kinda average and is a let down compared to the other stuff. Maybe because it looks less insane than those bipedal walkers (which everyone seems to hate)

Ditto. I like the lancer biped, though.

• Locked thread