Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Doesn't Orlando already have 2 bowls? Capitol One & Russell Athletic?

Unofficial Citrus Bowl representatives Peyton Manning and John Cooper would like to remind you that it's called the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Bowl games rule but the St. Pete Bowl should be done away with because no sporting event should ever be held in Tropicana Field.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Austin should have a hipster bowl.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Crotch Bat posted:

The only problem with an Austin bowl is Steve Petersen or whatever the Texas AD's name is wouldn't let the ticket prices be less than like 50 bucks face value. I would totally get drunk and walk down the street to a bowl game here, but it needs to be reasonably cheap for an AAC vs Sun Belt affair or some such bs.

Some of the HS stadiums might suffice, but I think they could be lacking for a college program to set up in.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

DJExile posted:

Yep, I think a few other cities have 2 as well though.

I can think of NOLA and Dallas off the top of my head. Does Miami have another one in addition to the OB? What about Phoenix?

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Crotch Bat posted:

How does one play football ironically?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

kittenmittons posted:

How does one play football ironically?

See: Dooley Era Tennessee football. Cross ref: Tyler Bray.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Make the kickoff tee from the shard of a pot that used to house a lone orchid dutifully cared for by a schizophrenic hobo for 56 months.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

All game photos must be sepia toned.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Jerseys are a vintage stripped tank top. The pants can stay since they're already slim fit.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Player gifts include team-color keffiyehs and assorted vinyls.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Pakled posted:

Player gifts include team-color keffiyehs and assorted vinyls.

also including a 'keep austin weird' bumpersticker and a $5 gift certificate to any of the food trucks in the city limit

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Refreshments consist of pickled kohlrabi and pbr served in a mason jar.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

There's a beardo playing poo poo guitar while his unattractive hippie girlfriend is being a terrible singer in the place I went for lunch so I feel like I'm getting the Austin experience right now

poo poo now he's mumbly talk singing and whistling

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Guy in scarf walks up
"You're here to play football or futbol?"
" Oh :-/ "

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

KKKLIP ART posted:

One of those fake 20$ that people purposefully leave on the ground so people pick them up only to find instructions on how to find Jesus Christ as your Lord. Hell, I bet Richt has even dropped a couple of those.

Already the currency of Dabo and Clemson, pick another

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Tricky Dick Fun Bucks

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Sash! posted:

There's a beardo playing poo poo guitar while his unattractive hippie girlfriend is being a terrible singer in the place I went for lunch so I feel like I'm getting the Austin experience right now

poo poo now he's mumbly talk singing and whistling

While there are a lot of annoying things about Austin the music quality you will randomly encounter is quite often extremely good.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Big news out of Ann Arbor, more things to revert back to.

quote:

On Harbaugh’s first day in Michigan, right before his introductory press conference, Hackett went with Harbaugh to the suites in Michigan Stadium for a conference call. The pair looked out to the field, and Hackett asked the new coach what he thought of piped-in music during warmups. Harbaugh was firm in his answer.

“I don’t care. We don’t need it,” Harbaugh said.

Hackett agreed with Harbaugh, noting that in the past, the loud music has almost discouraged him from sitting through the team’s warmups when he has visited Michigan Stadium. As a result of the preferences of the coach, athletic director and many fans, the Athletic Department is in conversations with the band to have it play more during games.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
A Michigan Man shall not attend a church that does not use a hymn book

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Ooh, a bowl game in Tucson!

Could make visits with family for Christmas a lot of fun.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

All of this unnecessary noise takes away from my enjoyment of the game *jingles keys*

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

AsInHowe posted:

Amazing. I thought this was something most football teams/stadiums do from the high school level on up?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Neil Armbong posted:

Amazing. I thought this was something most football teams/stadiums do from the high school level on up?

I've been to every stadium in the SEC and I'm pretty sure they all do it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Neil Armbong posted:

drat near everyone does. Even Notre Dame does.

E: think about that for a minute. Even goddamn ND has modernized enough to have piped-in warmup music.

Things like "scoreboards built after the Carter administration" are another matter, but still :v:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

AsInHowe posted:

This just in: Michigan Peak Old Whiteman

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Austin isn't all hipsters. :( A lot of us like burgers and clothes that fit properly.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Anals of History posted:

Austin isn't all hipsters. :( A lot of us like burgers and clothes that fit properly.

Austin is becoming less and less weird every day. It's not nearly as hipster dominated/weird as it was 10 years ago.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
gently caress Michigan and their lovely old white fanbase. Blast that Sandstorm 24/7 or get the gently caress out. Also your band is dumb and no one with a pulse that's not being kept alive by a loving pacemaker gives a poo poo what music the stupid nerds are playing.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Spacebump posted:

Austin is becoming less and less weird every day. It's not nearly as hipster dominated/weird as it was 10 years ago.

Somebody should come up with a catchy slogan about making sure Austin doesn't change as hipsters become marginalized.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Jim Harbaugh to get rid of televised games "we don't need it".

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Michigan players seen practicing in 80's era huge shoulder pads.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Thoguh posted:

Somebody should come up with a catchy slogan about making sure Austin doesn't change as hipsters become marginalized.

Years later Portland will steal it and residents will try to claim Austin copied them.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pakled posted:

I'd actually like this one, to be honest

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Pakled posted:

Yeah.. how is this bad?

Bring back the behind the neck pad too.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

AsInHowe posted:

lmao

I'm pretty sure players almost all like it. You see them dancing around to it all the time. But a bunch of old folks and a dude who wears Wal-Mart khakis everywhere don't like it so NOPE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

is that one dude not gonna be able to dance to p-funk anymore, aka literally the only good thing about michigan football last year

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alouicious posted:

is that one dude not gonna be able to dance to p-funk anymore, aka literally the only good thing about michigan football last year

oh yeah didn't some guy get a shoutout from George Clinton for dancing to Atomic Dog? That ruled

E: Norfleet! That's who it was http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24752083/george-clinton-approves-of-michigan-wr-norfleets-atomic-dog-dance

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

oh yeah didn't some guy get a shoutout from George Clinton for dancing to Atomic Dog? That ruled

Lil Dennis Norfleet did it during a TV timeout while he was waiting to return a punt. He had apparently requested they play it earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
George Clinton is super cool and I hope Jim Harbaugh gets rid of music at games so they can cut off the only cool thing to ever touch the program.

• Locked thread