Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Awesome! posted:

just got through the club nintendo gauntlet and got a tropical freeze code. now to figure out how to spend my 1200 coins. right now i am thinking doc louis punch out, yoshis island gba, super mario world, dillons rolling western last ranger and something else for 250 or less. already have the zeldas i want, earthbound, super metroid, mario golf... not sure what the last thing should be

Mario vs Donkey Kong, one of those ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh yea i already have minis on the move

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I got someone to sell me a Wii U eShop code. I'm at work so I redeemed it online and the website tells me the download will begin automatically. Is my Wii U gonna power up at home on its own and start downloading?

If so, what a time to be alive.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Kaubocks posted:

I got someone to sell me a Wii U eShop code. I'm at work so I redeemed it online and the website tells me the download will begin automatically. Is my Wii U gonna power up at home on its own and start downloading?

If so, what a time to be alive.

that's how the vita works if it's in standby. the ps3 checks at certain times or when you start it. not sure how the ps4 handles it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

A special note to anyone on Club Nintendo that doesn't have Tropical Freeze: Get Tropical Freeze

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Augus posted:

A special note to anyone on Club Nintendo that doesn't have Tropical Freeze: Get Tropical Freeze

I have tropical freeze but stopped playing at the water world

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Because Ganondorf is a retard and Ganon is cool.

gently caress you, joker.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

mabels big day posted:

"Look at me, I'm a guy in a robe who looks vaguely like a jewish stereotype." That's Ganondorf. Ganon on the other hand is a giant loving pig monster with cool rear end tusks and he can teleport and poo poo. Ganondorf drools, Ganon rules.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TheJoker138 posted:

"Look at me, I'm a guy in a robe who looks vaguely like a jewish stereotype."
woah

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

"Look at me, I'm a guy in a robe who looks vaguely like a jewish stereotype." That's Ganondorf. Ganon on the other hand is a giant loving pig monster with cool rear end tusks and he can teleport and poo poo. Ganondorf drools, Ganon rules.

This ganon's better

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Whatever you say guy ^^^^ not this guy the other guy

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TheJoker138 posted:

Ganons sucks and is ugly, Ganondorf is cool and muscular and has a harem of fine looking gerudo ladies surrounding him.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Some men can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

Guess who was the one that ruled millions of Guredo women in the far west? That was Ganondorf. Guess who had the will to seek out and become stronger looking for the the remaining Triforce? Once again it was Ganondorf. He was also able to manipulate the King of Hyrule too. I would even go so far as to point out a mutual respect between Ganonforf and Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule at the end of WW. Ganondorf doesn't mind slapping or tossing a kid either; doesn't give a gently caress. I some ways I can sympathize with Ganondorf. I can't relate to some mindless, crazy pig beast.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I think that they're both pretty awesome but I do like it a whole lot when Ganondorf turns into Ganon. If it ever stops happening I will be sad.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

I have tropical freeze but stopped playing at the water world

You should keep playing it, it gets even better!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Shake my head if you think pig Ganon or Goblin Prince OoT Ganondorf are anywhere near as good as TP Grandpadorf or Toon Ganondorf

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
Greetings gentlemen have any taints been reaped on this fine day????

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I'm starting to think you guys are honestly in on the taint reaping. There's no way you guys just see Taint Reaper's name and think yourself "oh, this is a post worth replying to"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Maybe some people just enjoy being taint reaped?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

sometimes he tricks me

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
It's already happened several times, the forums cancer apparently is not helping

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

In before Taint Reaper elevates this dubious form of internet fame into an actual idea of a persona and carries on doing it in increasingly bland ways until a series of bans ends in a permaban that a very small minority ironically requests be reversed for roughly two weeks.

Also Mario and stuff I guess.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

In before Taint Reaper elevates this dubious form of internet fame into an actual idea of a persona and carries on doing it in increasingly bland ways until a series of bans ends in a permaban that a very small minority ironically requests be reversed for roughly two weeks.

Big Anime Fan Here The Taint Reaper did nothing wrong.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

RyokoTK posted:

Big Anime Fan Here The Taint Reaper did nothing wrong.

this is hosed up

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Awesome! posted:

this is hosed up

hosed up

but true

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Getting taint reaped is a kink of mine.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

This ganon's better

I would accept this as well.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
No problem guys. I'm setting up a Taint Reaper honeypot:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

an hour and a half to download tropical freeze? this is like vita wifi levels of slow :mad:

really gotta get a usb ethernet adapter

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Bonzibuddy has since mellowed out

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I only got Gold this year because :10bux:

I've never played the Zelda oracle games - is that the best reward? Which one is better and why?

C'mon goons, don't let me down

EDIT Yoshi's Island is the best reward game ever but I already own that

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
They're two different equally good games

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Trent posted:

I've never played the Zelda oracle games - is that the best reward? Which one is better and why?

C'mon goons, don't let me down

EDIT Yoshi's Island is the best reward game ever but I already own that

Haven't gotten to Ages yet, but I hear it has more annoying minigames and one really bad dungeon.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Trent posted:

The games are pretty close to equal. The dungeon design in Oracle of Ages is more puzzle-oriented and in Seasons it's more around heavy combat. I think Ages is a little better because of that (because Zelda combat has never been all that great).

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Seasons is more straightforward, Ages is more puzzling. I like Ages a bit more but that's because I liked solving the puzzles and the variety of items available. It's definitely a turn off for some though, as I've heard many more negative comments about it.

If unsure, go with Seasons. It's fairly straightforward in its dungeon design. If you enjoy it, pick up Ages at a later date and try out their connectivity features. The savestates on VC make it really convenient to switch between the two games to do their password connectivity stuff.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The honest answer is that you should scrounge up the six bucks and buy the one you don't get for free, since they're both real nice.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Find a friend who doesn't want anything and ask him for the other one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Motto posted:

Haven't gotten to Ages yet, but I hear it has more annoying minigames and one really bad dungeon.

Two bad dungeons, one dungeon bordering on bad solely because of the music, and a minigame everyone swears up and down is terrible not because it's actually bad but because they're awful at it. Unfortunately that minigame is mandatory.

• Locked thread