Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

FirstAidKite posted:

Tales of Maj'Eyal is a cool roguelike dungeon crawler that has a large variety of unique and neat classes ranging from standard fantasy stuff like "rogue" and "wizard" and "shield and sword" to classes like "corruptor" who focus on creating new diseases and turbo ebolas to wreck your enemies, "temporal wardens" who will smack you into next tuesday, "paradox mages" who will gently caress the timeline up so bad your enemy (and possibly yourself) will never have been born, solipsists who focus around magic of dreams and messing with dreams, and a few other classes like the ones that create a pocket dimension you suck the enemy into known as the "fearscape"

It's pretty cool, but it's also free on the developer's website. The steam version is the donator version which includes a few bonus such as being able to store items on the server, the ability to use custom character titles from either your own computer or from a big list of neat character tiles, the ability to make a special dwarf-class called stone warden who dual wield shields, and the ability to customize your character to wear a bikini or mankini.

Also it has the largest list of achievements I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"

theultimo posted:

Check your pm

Hey man, thanks but I don't have PMs. Getting help from Shindragon atm.

Any way I can check what you sent or something? I'll give it to someone else and reimburse you for your 5 dollars too.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hey, that region-locked RE: Revelations 2 cd key issue I mentioned got solved... by, uh, having the company email me a US key. I wanted a refund, but they said they wouldn't do a refund. The REASON I wanted a refund is because I just up and bought the game on Steam after the key didn't work because I didn't wanna deal with key selling sites anymore. So if anyone in the US wants to buy Revelations 2 Complete on the cheap, I'm selling it for 20 bucks (usually 40) since that's what I got it for, just drop me a PM or add me on Steam or something. I don't know where else to post this since it's not really big enough for an SA-Mart thread of its own.

edit: Found someone willing to buy it, will post about it again if that changes for some reason :toot:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 2, 2015

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

GreenNight posted:

Also it has the largest list of achievements I've ever seen.

Yeah, not for perfectionists.

To be fair it's because there are separate achievements for each difficulty setting (aside from the easiest one) and all the possible combinations together with Roguelike/Adventure/Exploration modes.

ToME drags a fair bit towards the endgame but it's still a very good and terribly addictive game with more class variety than very nearly any RPG on the market.

E:

It also has a bunch of pretty creative abilities, aside from the aforementioned Fearscape, Paradox Mages for example have a spell that allow them to explore various future timelines. In practice upon casting it you get to play a certain number of turns normally, after which it resets to the moment you cast it and allows you to replay those same turns and try some different approach. Once you've done it three times you get to choose which of those "possible futures" actually becomes reality.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 2, 2015

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
Re: War for the Overworld

Deakul posted:

The narrator guy is totally spot on too.

It's the original narrator, just a bit older. One of the stretch goals was paying for Richard Ridings to reprise his role.

I backed this a while back, and I'm a little surprised that it's released. it's unpolished, and very much in the latter stages of early access, IMO. You'd be justified in holding off.

It is shaping up to be a great credit to the original, as long as they can keep the momentum up, and this is one of the downsides of crowdfunding to release, then hoping for revenue to finish, although that's almost classical publishing these days. Plays like the original with a couple of distinctions, and it's very pretty.

I'd say that it's currently promising, but $30 is a little rich.

Hav fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 2, 2015

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Shindragon posted:

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

So the Weekly Humble Bundle is

Cook, Serve, Delicious
QP Shooting Dangerous
Velocibox
Pay more than average of 2.85 for
Woah Dave!
Tales of Maj'Eyal
Pay 8 for
Wings of VI.

Defintely getting CSD, not sure how the others are?

love tome. woah dave is a really bad super crate box knockoff. csd is easily worth a buck. never played the others

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
QP Shooting: Dangerous is fun if you like bullet hell games and it's got lots of difficulty modes that make it accessible to people who want to get into the genre but find 99% of the screen being taken up by bullets a bit daunting. Plus it's cute. Cook, Serve, Delicious is also good.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It also supports modding and is fairly easy to mod so if you wanna make your own race/class/talent tree/equipment, you can with relative ease*

*i say this despite not being able to figure out how to make a class after following the add-on tutorial, but i'm also a dumbass so i'm sure anyone with passing knowledge of scripting can figure it out fine

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Thanks! You guys are awesome! I"m gonna go for the BTA price then.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CJacobs posted:

But there's much more changed than that in Scholar of the First Sin. Like, surprisingly more. It's definitely still the same game with mostly the same geometry but the changed enemy and item placements affect the flow of the game in a refreshing way. It's a lot less lazy than people are giving it credit for. In fact the graphics changes probably should've been undersold even more than they were because the enemy changes do the true revitalizing.

The only thing even remotely scummy about it is listing both versions of Scholar of the First Sin under the same name with only a line or two of text on their store pages to differentiate them.

edit: And even then, if you've got eyes, you can avoid making the mistake, as dumb as it is that it's even an issue.

Games posters over reacting on some bullshit, big surprise lol. Thanks for this Cjacobs

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

an extra 1.80 for tome if you're already getting csd is definitely worth it. that's around the normal steam sale price anyway

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

frank.club posted:

Games posters over reacting on some bullshit, big surprise lol. Thanks for this Cjacobs

you're welcome, sometimes you just have to put those people in their place

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CJacobs posted:

you're welcome, sometimes you just have to put those people in their place

There was legit some stuff I didn't know that you posted. Im going to get it after I find a replacement for my 360 dongle. Not playing it without my controller

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also something to keep in mind if you're gonna buy it, they don't give you the keys to the DLC doors right off the bat anymore since they're supposed to be endgame areas; you have to find them stashed around the game world. Some of them are in real bastard places but that's why it's fun.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Kanfy posted:

Yeah, not for perfectionists.

To be fair it's because there are separate achievements for each difficulty setting (aside from the easiest one) and all the possible combinations together with Roguelike/Adventure/Exploration modes.

ToME drags a fair bit towards the endgame but it's still a very good and terribly addictive game with more class variety than very nearly any RPG on the market.

E:

It also has a bunch of pretty creative abilities, aside from the aforementioned Fearscape, Paradox Mages for example have a spell that allow them to explore various future timelines. In practice upon casting it you get to play a certain number of turns normally, after which it resets to the moment you cast it and allows you to replay those same turns and try some different approach. Once you've done it three times you get to choose which of those "possible futures" actually becomes reality.

According to this:
http://astats.astats.nl/astats/Steam_Games.php?DisplayType=Achievements

It's the most achievements for any single game by a margin of 600 or so.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you will never get them all so dont even worry about it. just play the game and have fun

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CJacobs posted:

Also something to keep in mind if you're gonna buy it, they don't give you the keys to the DLC doors right off the bat anymore since they're supposed to be endgame areas; you have to find them stashed around the game world. Some of them are in real bastard places but that's why it's fun.

Like Shrine of Amana?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Sober posted:

The world needs a proper Evil Genius sequel.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I would rather see No One Lives Forever 1 & 2 back on steam much more than an Evil Genius rehash. :colbert:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

frank.club posted:

Like Shrine of Amana?

I've only found two of them so far, but I'm fairly certain they're all placed in areas before Drangleic Castle just so that you don't have to wait until the ACTUAL endgame to do them. Their new locations do give you a reason to go to some places you otherwise wouldn't though. (A quick example: The key to the DLC door at the end of Iron Keep is stashed in the big pit of fire lizards in the forest of fallen giants, behind the locked door next to the last giant's boss room. You need a key found in the iron keep to unlock that door, or you could just use the cat ring to drop down with lots of fall damage to get it early)

You'd otherwise have like literally no reason to go to that area unless you wanted the greatshield that's down there so it gives you reason to explore more thoroughly.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 2, 2015

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Drifter posted:

I would rather see No One Lives Forever 1 & 2 back on steam much more than an Evil Genius rehash. :colbert:
That's the day when pigs fly in a frozen over Hell, sad to say.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I see Depth is on sale this weekend.
Anyone have any experience with this one?
Is it good for co-op?

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Drifter posted:

Unfortunately that isn't ever going to happen because apparently no one knows who owns the rights, and no possible rights holders can be arsed to figure it out.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
In case people don't follow the PoE thread: Obsidian posted some tentative patch notes for the upcoming patch and they're really good:

https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-179-patch-notes-103/

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Grimby posted:

Unfortunately that isn't ever going to happen because apparently no one knows who owns the rights, and no possible rights holders can be arsed to figure it out.

Wait, so if no one actually knows if anyone holds the rights, then they can't just make it? I know Silicon Knights proved what happens when you walk right into a legal landmine, but if no one effectively owns the game, who is actually going to go after a company that tries to remake/remaster it?

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 2, 2015

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PoE is extremely good

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

anilEhilated posted:

It plays perfectly fine on KB/M, it just takes some time to get used to it. I may be in the minority, but I enjoy TW2's combat as it is - it hits a right balance between being channeling you being a superhuman badass and still requiring strategy and rewarding item use.

I recently re-played Witcher 2 on PC with the Combat Rebalance Mod, previously played on the xbox 360, and I say you're probably better off skipping it for your first or only playthrough.

+ It nice because it gives you many talents from the get-go, like the Witcher talent tree, extended dodge roll, some which are essential anyways

- It does break some stuff. Much of the major talent trees are changed. You have to get a talent in the Alchemy tree for recipes, which you can't buy anymore and made one early side mission impossible to do until you have it. There's a mission or two you just wont be able to complete because of other changes.
-Breaks the tutorial but forget it, you dont need it.

But beyond those two things that stand out in my mind, I don't think it's essential at all and you can just play Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition as is. I would maybe look at a guide or two because I can't remember all the necessary talents (parry, +dodge distance, anything that gives +Vigor) and skippable ones (throwing daggers). Just remember to keep mobile, dodge all the time, and dont just button mash, use potions beforehand (swallow all the time) and dont hold back on explosives or magic.

http://www.beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=The_Witcher_2:_Assassins_of_Kings

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Crabtree posted:

Wait, so if no one actually knows if anyone holds the rights, then they can't just make it?
Because all three are still going to be douches about it and will sue Night Dive into the ground if they just re-released NOLF.

deltawing
Sep 20, 2007

feels good man
http://store.steampowered.com/app/270150/

Running With Rifles looks amazing, anyone wanna split a 4-pack? It's Overwhelmingly Positive with almost 900 reviews and the gameplay looks awesome.

I also have a couple copies left of Broforce from a 4-pack. PM if interested

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kragger99 posted:

I see Depth is on sale this weekend.
Anyone have any experience with this one?
Is it good for co-op?

Depth is an incredibly fun multiplayer shooter but it's not a co-op game. You can play against bots with friends if you want, but the bots are sort of braindsead, and it's not like L4D where there's a "campaign" with a plot. If you're a fan of asymmetrical indie team-based FPSes, it's a good buy.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Crabtree posted:

Wait, so if no one actually knows if anyone holds the rights, then they can't just make it? I know Silicon Knights proved what happens when you walk right into a legal landmine, but if no one effectively owns the game, who is actually going to go after a company that tries to remake/remaster it?

I forget the details but I read some article claiming that at least one of the possible owners threatened legal action and they can't afford to go to court to get them to prove they own it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Crabtree posted:

someone owns it. right now they dont give a poo poo about figuring it out because there's no/not enough money involved. if they saw a game being made that they could sue over they would probably figure it out quickly enough because that's how corporations work.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ImPureAwesome posted:

I forget the details but I read some article claiming that at least one of the possible owners threatened legal action and they can't afford to go to court to get them to prove they own it

i think they basically said like "we dont know if we own it but if we do and you make it we will sue you and no we wont actually figure out if we own it or not beforehand"

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Sober posted:

The world needs a proper Evil Genius sequel.
https://apps.facebook.com/evil-genius-online/

While we're ruining hopes and dreams:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wego.revolt2_global&hl=en

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

ImPureAwesome posted:

Awesome! posted:

someone owns it. right now they dont give a poo poo about figuring it out because there's no/not enough money involved. if they saw a game being made that they could sue over they would probably figure it out quickly enough because that's how corporations work.

And whoever this potential owner could be will thus never reveal themselves and keep this threat absolutely loving insane. Shouldn't there be like a law or something that makes legal owners known to keep this sort of confusion from ever happening?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Awesome! posted:

i think they basically said like "we dont know if we own it but if we do and you make it we will sue you and no we wont actually figure out if we own it or not beforehand"
So throw some money at some dodgy Russian/East Europe dev team that will disappear into the wind at the drop of a hat and force the lawyers out?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Lemon Curdistan posted:

In case people don't follow the PoE thread: Obsidian posted some tentative patch notes for the upcoming patch and they're really good:

https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-179-patch-notes-103/

"Changed reload speed multiplier from 2 to 1.2 for Sure-Handed Ila."

No they're not! :(

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Anyone tried Out There yet?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

"Changed reload speed multiplier from 2 to 1.2 for Sure-Handed Ila."

No they're not! :(

To be fair, Sure-Handed Ila specifically says it's supposed to be 1.2, the bug is that they hosed up the multiplier. :v:

The nerf to Slicken is hilarious and 100% completely warranted. The stats pass on NPCs is hopefully going to make Hiravias and Sagani usable without having to wait for something like EternityKeeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

:smith:

• Locked thread