Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

It's cool but the eyeball monsters that frenzy you just by being nearby can go to hell

well, they frenzy you when they see you and become aggro, and they only fill 150 (i think) frenzy (w/ 90 insight) so having +100 from all resist rune can prevent it and the +200 frenzy resist rune... well.. there you go

the problem then becomes, they do an instant-kill grab and turn on a dime so it's tough to dodge through it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The snake man area in the forest is insanely dense and I keep getting lost. Very cool area

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I killed the dude with the retarded hat why isnt the nightmare over

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
surprise mother fucker

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

i love that guy

Dec 26, 2012

just got to the second half of the forest. i dont know what i was expecting but it wasnt that

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Fighting the shadows of yharman was great with the electric mace

Very lol worthy.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
gently caress that last hunter in the crow quest

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Get him to 2 hand his katana and then run away and he'll keep it out and die from the hp loss.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

yea im having a bitch of a time with eileen

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Nanomashoes posted:

Get him to 2 hand his katana and then run away and he'll keep it out and die from the hp loss.

i loving wish. he refused to two hand his katana so I just kept janking him on the stairs with ludwigs holy R2 stagger

I don't know how but i managed to overpower two of his heals and just destroy him without taking any damage.

after getting my face handed to me 10 times.

Dec 26, 2012

i kinda want to start using another weapon more because ive been using ludwig's holy sword for so long but that scaling/damage is hard to pass up given im rolling quality

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
finally found the broken lamp in the gaol

gently caress this unholy HELLHOLE

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I want the loving weapon that taps into a god drat dying star.

Like holy hell yes.

ALso THE REBORN can suck my dil

what the gently caress are these witches doing I dont appreciate these gaping dragon flashbacks

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Wanna find that weapon

It's in Lower Loran IIRC.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
its in the first ailing loran chalice on floor #2 in teh branch after the locked gate... well peace

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ok what the gently caress, I had 41 Insight and feeling good, the students in the lecture hall are push over assholes that die instantly

NOW? I have 23 insight, and they spit up boiling water and stretch their arms through the walls

What the gently caress? poo poo is hardest with less insight?!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the ooze people are very accurate college students as they just sort of are hanging out most of the time and occasionally someone throws up

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Ok what the gently caress, I had 41 Insight and feeling good, the students in the lecture hall are push over assholes that die instantly

NOW? I have 23 insight, and they spit up boiling water and stretch their arms through the walls

What the gently caress? poo poo is hardest with less insight?!

The bald ones are always supposed to puke on you and same goes for the arm thing, maybe their ai was hosed initially

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It must've been hosed. I loaded that area like 12 times yesterday and that only started happening at late.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lots of enemies have random patterns so it's not a surprise. The writhing masses of snakes vomiting purple goo on themselves are really gross

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I was running through the forbidden woods at a very high level grabbing a rune I missed and attacked one of those Resident Evil-4 infected guys and he summoned 4 mini-snake balls around me who bit the poo poo out of me, poisoning me and almost killing me. Game owns.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zen death robot posted:

Did anyone actually figure out if insight makes poo poo harder because it doesn't seem to

I think it adds moves to some enemies but it doesn't seem to actually affect like health pools / damage numbers or anything like that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

can't play bloodborne for 5 days QQ

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

Did anyone actually figure out if insight makes poo poo harder because it doesn't seem to

it just makes enemies have different abilities, and look different

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
killed teh blind man... booyah

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
I made some good progress yesterday, killed The One Reborn and Celestial Emissary, and got a sweet item that requires 40 arcane to use, it sounds sweet as hell.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
what is this spider boss

what

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

stoutfish posted:

what is this spider boss

what

:henget:

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
The real Bloodborne starts here!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

zen death robot posted:

The blue dudes with lanterns dont shoot magic at you if you're under 15 insight. I'm sure there are more differences but that's the most noticable one that's confirmed

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The blue dudes with lanterns dont shoot magic at you if you're under 15 insight. I'm sure there are more differences but that's the most noticable one that's confirmed
there's also the scythe dudes in the same area that get sick blue flames on their weapons, I heard that the insight stuff might only apply to people in the cathedral area though which kinda makes sense, I can't really think of anyone anywhere else that changes with insight

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
40+ insight for the invisible horrors

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Prevail in my stead isn't as good as "I can't go on..."

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
So I've got 3 places to do now, Byrgenwerth, Nightmare Frontier, and Cainhurst. Byrgenwerth is progress so I don't wanna do that yet, so should I do the Frontier or Cainhurst first?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

So I've got 3 places to do now, Byrgenwerth, Nightmare Frontier, and Cainhurst. Byrgenwerth is progress so I don't wanna do that yet, so should I do the Frontier or Cainhurst first?

Frontier's easier and shorter, Cainhurst has better rewards. Do Byrgenwerth though, it's the easiest.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
the wiki says you can backstab him

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

You can also parry him

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Logarius is loving impossible, he spams poo poo constantly and his 2nd stage is just loving insane

In my experiences he is pretty easy, just avoid his blood spell spam and attack his swords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
pthumerian elder is retarded but i killed him with visceral attacks like an epic mother fucker

zen death robot posted:

Logarius is loving impossible, he spams poo poo constantly and his 2nd stage is just loving insane

immediately run in and shoot / visceral him into a corner and then slam on him for the rest of the fight since he has no poise